Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry guys I am dealing with some irl depression so I have asked for a replacement.

Also, sucks Anarc, I hope things go better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SolusLunes posted:

All that being said, there's at least one alien dead. I'm also 100% certain that Kash was scum of some flavor.

Let's go down the list of people, and my current very brief reads:

Player List:

Anomalous Amalgam - Meh
AnonymousNarcotics - Maybe scum?
Asphyxious - Meh
b-minus1 - Meh
chaoslord - Maybe scum? Called out as scum by a scum so it might just be differing factions.
Dancer, Alien Grunt - ded alien scum
Dick Bastardly, Amoeboid Killer - ded 3p
garthoneeye, Village Seer - ded town
Hal Incandenza, Sun Lyncher - gone 3p
Jeabus Mahogany, Town Cop - ded town
Kashuno - ded scum
King Burgundy, Patriot - ded town
Max, False Martyr - ded town
Monathin - Meh
Mr. Humalong - Meh
Natural 20 - Definitely town
Nep-Nep - Meh
SalTheBard - Meh
SHALASHASKA HAWKE, ??? ??? - Traitor scum? I ain't thinking about birb now anyway
Slamburger - Meh
SolusLunes - the best scum town
soscannonballs - Honestly I would have believed town but for Hal's claim. I do intend to make a deep dive and analysis of everything on sos today, but I'm pretty sure it's a worthwhile lynch at the moment
TMMadman - Kinda getting some scum vibes but I'm not there yet
yuming - see TMM

We have 1 dead alien, no dead maf, no dead werewolves, and one dead almost certainly scum of some variety

On the other hand we have two 3ps who are dead or gone from winning

The death message for the Alien Usurper makes me think that there's at least 3 players per scum team, and more would seem moderately unfair to town

That's 24 people, 9 scum, 2 (confirmed) 3p.

Which means 13 town? Across three teams? Nah. I'm more inclined to think it's three teams of four.

Which can also mean that there's a third 3p.

Perhaps it's sos.

Which brings me to my next question to sos: can you dayvig again, or was that just a oneshot? If you can dayvig again I'm okay with keeping you alive if you're willing to continue working for town factions, and assuming you're a neutral 3p.

That is a lot of words to say "I don't have much in the way of reads on most of the alive players" followed by a brief appeal to find a reason to not vote for sos I don't like this, let's do the sos vote today though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Yes, we will take a hard look at the person you, a scum member, think is scum.

I don't think this is a very fair post considering we might be facing two or theee different scum teams.

Just because sos is very likely part of one of the scum teams doesn't mean he can't find members of the other scum teams.

I'm not saying that it's going to save him, but I also don't think we should outright dismiss his thoughts. I personally think he brings up a couple of good points about chaos that should be considered.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sorry guys I am dealing with some irl depression so I have asked for a replacement.

I'm sorry dude. I was there last month. Take care of yourself!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Nep-Nep posted:

That is a lot of words to say "I don't have much in the way of reads on most of the alive players" followed by a brief appeal to find a reason to not vote for sos I don't like this, let's do the sos vote today though

It was a lot of words for vague faction math and an idea for how many scumbos we're dealing with, and the possible third 3p. I will admit I was back and forth on whether or not to lynch sos, not whether or not he was scum (or 3p). Nat just made a very good point which got me to vote sos.

Hope things get better, anarc.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote soscannonballs

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##vote soscannonballs

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without soscannonballs!

Votecount for Day 3
With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

In order to avoid susceptibility to the lurker lynch for Day 4, you must have 12 in-game posts by the end of Day 3!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:siren: soscannonballs, Alien Drone, has been voted out! :siren:

Drone Role PM posted:

soscannonballs, you are the Drone! You have a oneshot temp-janitor dayvig. To perform this, post “##VAPORIZE: [x]” in thread, where [x] is a player. They will be janitor dayvigged, and their role will be revealed at the start of the second day after your kill. You do not know the identity of the other members of the Alien team, but they know yours. If you are targeted by the Aliens for a kill, you will instead join them. You will appear as Alien to any alignment investigative role, regardless of recruitment status. You are a member of the Aliens, and you win when the Aliens control the vote!

Night 3 begins now, with a rough action submission deadline of...some time on Wednesday afternoon. (I'm not particularly picky.)

Please remember to submit all actions using your character sheet!

Jen X fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 15, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:siren: TMMadman, Mafia (Usurper) Crooked Sleuth, has been killed! :siren:

Crooked Sleuth Role PM posted:

TMMadman, you are the Crooked Sleuth! At night, you may track another player by filling in the appropriate portion of your character sheet, learning who they visit as long as your action does not Fail. For every four people tracked, you will gain a oneshot kill. You are a Usurper member of the Mafia, and you win when the Mafia control the vote and the Corrupt Lawyer is dead! You know that [Traitor player] is on your side, and you may recruit them into mafiachat by “killing” them. You have a factional kill, and have the lowest priority in using it.

Additionally:

Atomic Soda has replaced Anonymous Narcotics.

Day 4 begins now, ending at 10:00 PM EDT on Friday, August 17.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 15, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (13): Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, chaoslord, Monathin, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard, Slamburger, SolusLunes, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 17th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

In order to avoid susceptibility to the lurker lynch for Day 5, you must have 15 in-game posts by the end of Day 4!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning. What a lovely night :sun:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Whoever killed me is a jerk! :ghost:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Okay I was going to call TMM out for probable scum this day but apparently I've been saved the trouble!

I just want to take this moment to gloat, by the way- Dancer, an alien, is dead. Kashuno, an alien, is dead of vaporization by sos, another alien. Who is also dead.

Feelin' reaaaaaaaaaaaaal smug right now.

(yes I know kashuno hasn't flipped but I gotta say I'm 110% certain for reasons, also I'm pretty sure that's all the aliens dead)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm saying that Mafia isn't a faction.

That Jeabus was functionally an actual alignment cop, and my theory is that:
A. His ability worked regardless of faction alignment. I believe this less now that I think through it.
B. What I do believe is that there are no mafia. There could also be no werewolves. Aliens are confirmed, but there are probably red herring cops and maybe even red herring factions.

Either there actually are multiple factions as substantiated by flips.... OR there is a large single faction, and the WIFOM probably even my own role is the possibility of other factions.

We've only had aliens, 3p and town flip right?

So now I'm wondering if this is misdirection on AA's part, or legitimately missing the honestly pretty obvious setup?

really makes you think about AA being literal maf scum :thunk:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well then we gotta kill a werewolf today to even things out obvs.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll open the day with a light claim: I'm military. If anyone other than Nat20 will also claim military, something good will happen to you.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SolusLunes posted:

So now I'm wondering if this is misdirection on AA's part, or legitimately missing the honestly pretty obvious setup?

really makes you think about AA being literal maf scum :thunk:

I was coming here to say I want to take a look at AA today, I don't feel they've been very engaged so far and the choice to vote Anarc yesterday instead of dunking the very obviously caught scum soscannonballs is really not a good look. Not that anarc/soda can't be scum but sos was a much better choice.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Slamburger posted:

I'll open the day with a light claim: I'm military. If anyone other than Nat20 will also claim military, something good will happen to you.

Sure, why not, I'll do the thing because I'm p. sure that all the aliens are dead.

I'm the researcher, the military cop who can detect aliens. And this is why Kashuno is a dead alien!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

now I sit and wait for the dayvig

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also, am I missing something or did we jump from 17 to 13 players with only 2 flips? Please correct me if I'm misreading. Also hawke still vanished?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

Also, am I missing something or did we jump from 17 to 13 players with only 2 flips? Please correct me if I'm misreading. Also hawke still vanished?

Don't forget that Kash didn't technically flip. Thirteen's my count from the player list if birb is still gone.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I hope y'all stay in the game after Kash flips.

I think Hawke is just dead with a janitored flip at this point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are we going to get Kash's flip or will that just be a mystery forever? For some reason I thought it resolved at the end of the day.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Unless that was just a lie (thinking it was a lie :( )

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

Sure, why not, I'll do the thing because I'm p. sure that all the aliens are dead.

I'm the researcher, the military cop who can detect aliens. And this is why Kashuno is a dead alien!

Sup military buddy. Good job hunting those bugs. Oo rah!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also here's my now 99% certain game setup:

4x Town
4x Military
4x Village

Town roles all include at least one fanatic that wants everyone else dead and one cop role, others are various

3x Alien, two knowing each other, one recruitable, 1x Alien-Flavored 3p (see DB for that)
3x Werewolves, see above. My suspicion on that flavor 3p is Hal, because, you know, moon for werewolves, sun for thing, :words:
3x Maf, see above

Each faction includes a traitor, because we've seen both the mafia and alien traitors already

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Here's a question for Atomic Soda when you're caught up on the game: obviously you don't necessarily hold the same opinions or ideas as the player you replaced. Where do you feel anarc was coming from, knowing what you know? Are there any conclusions you might have made differently had you been in from the start?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Two days after. So, tomorrow.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nep-Nep posted:

Mod/votefinder error on not removing dead players.

It turns out that the system sorta resets itself every so often, it didn't affect anything since y'all lynched sos regardless.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thank you for your transparency and clearing that up for me, GeneX.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also, it's Alien Mother. No question. The traitor role mentioned it, and the other alien is dead and flipped too.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

It was part of sos' actual flip so it can't have been a lie

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

It was part of sos' actual flip so it can't have been a lie

I totally missed that in the rule description. I think it's interesting that scum team appears to have limited knowledge on who their teammates are.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slamburger posted:

Roger wilco, friend.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I totally missed that in the rule description. I think it's interesting that scum team appears to have limited knowledge on who their teammates are.

Well not limited knowledge but that not all of them are in a chat together. We've had like 2 flips now talking about recruiting into scumchat.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Looking at TMM's post history it looks like he used his knowledge of the fact that there are traitors in the game to cast suspicion on sos. Smart play, but irrelevant to us now that they've both flipped.

The only things that stand out to me are these two stances--

Asphyxious posted:

Pretty much this.

##vote dick bastardly
TMM called this a "scummy rear end vote" which strays from the logical approach he took to sos. Possible distancing from teammate/usurper play.

TMMadman posted:

I feel like this is just bad town ANarc. Granted it's been a while, but I always thought that scum ANarc was more tentative with her votes.
This is pretty null tbh, but it's worth noting his stance on Anarc (wishing you well it was nice playing together!)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nat20 I can't believe you killed KB so we couldn't figure out that TMM was scum from him killing KB.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

SolusLunes posted:

Also here's my now 99% certain game setup:

4x Town
4x Military
4x Village

Town roles all include at least one fanatic that wants everyone else dead and one cop role, others are various

3x Alien, two knowing each other, one recruitable, 1x Alien-Flavored 3p (see DB for that)
3x Werewolves, see above. My suspicion on that flavor 3p is Hal, because, you know, moon for werewolves, sun for thing, :words:
3x Maf, see above

Each faction includes a traitor, because we've seen both the mafia and alien traitors already
Current flips and claims:

Town: yuming, King Burgundy, Max, Jeabus Mahoghany

Military: Natural 20, Slamburger, SolusLunes, Monathin

Village: garthoneeye

Alien: Dancer, soscanonballs, +Kashuno according to SolusLunes

Mafia: TMM +Hawke according to Jeabus

Werewolf:

3P: Hal Incandenza, Dick Bastardly

???: Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, chaoslord, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I've been a bit concerned about mentioning my alignment at all because I wasn't sure if there was a scum faction that had a wincon to eliminate a specific group but we've seen enough scum flips I'll take the risk and partial claim.

I'm a member of the village.

• Locked thread