Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Confirming

Wine's fine but whiskey's quicker

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Who has seen the Netflix documentary Sour Grapes about the guy that forged fancy wine? That dude was pretty cool.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

I've been to a county fair, but I can't imagine how small your state has to be to have state fairs.

??? How is that a criteria? Doesn't every state have a fair?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Gee, thanks for killing the town vig, Nat

At least we know Aliens are definitely a thing now

...and the one most likely to bus fellow aliens is dead. Great

Do you usually feel bad when scum die?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Or only when you're scum?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious your posts are pinging me, are you an ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

This is a sanctuary thread, we won't deport you if you come clean.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

Also i'm brutally hungover so ngl not doing anything that requires thinking today.

Insert obvious joke about your posting here.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I agree with Monathin that I don't think "intentional scum move to end D1" is a likely scum strategy.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

##vote Jeabus Mahogany

First D2 post was bad. Vote on hawke seems forced.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also Asphyxious posting still feels really odd to me with regards to how freely he is making claims and sharing stuff. Oh I have a power that tells me about the various factions! Oh I investigated some people last night!

I'm obviously not going to press him on this or vote him, but does anyone else feel this is weird?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Slamburger did you edit that post I think a d1 turned into d2 when I pressed f5

You caught me. I am shamed, sorry.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I see no reason to let DB live. Even if he's being totally truthful, he either kills a townie and we get ... a miller we can't trust. Or he kills a scum and we get another scum.

Then there's the chance thats its some kind of gambit, or he's leaving some key detail out.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So TMM by calling the person that agreed with me by voting scummy, and then calling me scummy for offering the opinion in the first place without voting, what you're really saying is you think DB shouldn't die. Why?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Also, the thing that is bothering me about people going after DB is that they seem to be doing it because his role has a killing component, but it seems like they aren't considering that Nat20 had at killing role, KB also had a killing role and we had 2 kills during the night but we don't know if it was from 2 scum different scum teams.

Nope, his killing component bothers me a lot less than the fact that his alignment could change during the game and it will be extremely hard to read him in that light.

And the reason I didn't vote him is I think its more productive to go after scummy people at this point with vote pressure to produce more content than push for (just) an anti-town player at this point. I think its at least 75% that DB is being honest about his claim. For wild speculation, maybe he's lying about killing to take over alignment and instead its a defensive 1 shot BP that takes the alignment of his killer? Then he can make good on his D1 promise not to kill anyone because he's not actually a killer.

Anyways, I think Jeabus is scummy and is a fine vote for now. I feel OK about most of the active posters and I feel better about Asphyxious. I'd like to hear more from the less active posters. Let me spray out some read solicitations:

Jeabus what do you think about Nat20?
Hal what do you think about TMM?
SolusLunes what do you think about DB?
yuming what do you think about Kash?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jeabus' posting is a recent flashback of Anpu in Goons and Dicks.

Jeabus are you a cop and/or suffer from aphasia?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wasn't Anpu right, though???? :staredog:

Yeah exactly, but we spent like 3 game days trying to decipher the riddle of the sphinx.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I will switch to db when needed but he's at -1 so I won't do it yet obv. Will probably be here at deadline.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also I feel self conscious about my lack of effort today. There's been a lot of good content but I havent dug in and produced many reads. I'll have more time tomorrow.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Some thoughts:

yuming posted:

It's hard to hunt scum when scum can hunt scum

Yeah we're just going to have to do our best and look for cagey behavior, people lying, fibbling and squirming. With so many weird roles and powers as long as we keep plodding in the right direction and don't get too bogged down on BS sidetracks it will probably be fine.

Also (I can't believe I'm about to argue for this), it could actually be beneficial to do a mass claim at some point in the midgame. With three scum teams, multiple town factions, and lots of power roles, it should be very difficult for scum to lie and fake claim without exposing themselves to tons of scrutiny and holes in their stories (even if they weasel through the claim, sticking to their story in subsequent days may be a problem). The traditional risk of this sort of thing seem much, much lower in a game like this.

As for the fanatics, I'm not worried about that at all. Assuming there aren't too many no-flips (or those people come back / get revealed later or whatever), it should be pretty easy in an endgame situation to figure out at least what faction(s) we need to purge, and again, mass-claiming will make this pretty simple. It seems like such a daunting wincon in such a large game anyways that I think the fanatic problem will mostly just take care of itself.

Anyways, I agree that sos is the best candidate for today. Other people I'm suspicious of and will try and put some short cases together are AA, TMM, and bminus.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll open the day with a light claim: I'm military. If anyone other than Nat20 will also claim military, something good will happen to you.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

Sure, why not, I'll do the thing because I'm p. sure that all the aliens are dead.

I'm the researcher, the military cop who can detect aliens. And this is why Kashuno is a dead alien!

Sup military buddy. Good job hunting those bugs. Oo rah!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

:siren: SLAMBURGER IS LYING AND IS DEFINITELY SCUM :siren:

##vote Slamburger

I'm 100% military, so if you have some result that says others, your result got messed with. Anyone want to counterclaim being the 4th military member? Cause there isn't one.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

I知 fine with that, I知 a villager.

ASPHYXIOUS IS NOT A VILLAGER

SIRENS LOUD NOISES

just kidding, he's probably a villager

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Alrighty, I知 a Hunter of The Blood, a scientist.

Each night I can select two players and sample their blood, and compare whether they have the same allegiance. Sampling the blood has a minor risk though as if i sample someone who has bad blood (a scum team) there痴 a chance I値l show up as scum under investigation, corrupted by its influence.

Night one, I sampled Nat 20 and Monathin, they are on the same team.

Night two, Nat 20 and Slamburger, they are not on the same team.

Night three, Nat 20 and Mr Humalong, they are not on the same team.

So initially I couldn稚 tell if it was as general as scum/town, but Slam claiming Military is a barefaced lie either way.

I'm a busdriver. I busdrove Nat20 and TMM N2 as a means of protecting N2 my military bud. Thats what messed up your result.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

The rest of my actions were:

N1: Sal and Hal. I didn't want to drive Nat20 right off the bat since he was a probable action target for all sorts of stuff and I didn't want to mess things up too bad for potential town PRs. So I chose some fairly random targets. If I said rhyming names was an influence, I wouldn't be lying.
N2: TMM / Nat20 as mentioned. I wanted to protect Nat20 by switching him with someone scummy (TMM)
N3: Nat20 again, this time with Humalong. I didn't have a scum read on Humalong per se but he was kind of an unknown quantity to me.

Atomic Soda posted:

hi slam i was wondering if you still able to share those reads/thoughts on aa and bminus.

Yeah I'll type these up some cases at some point this morning.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

:science: By my napkin math, the odds of us both picking the same pair of targets for our night actions was about 1 in 24,000!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Wait wait wait so how does that work for my results? Still the same?

Unless the order you specify your targets has any effect on your ability (which it doesn't based on how you claimed it), it would have no effect. Busdriving alters targets. So if your targets were:
1. Nat40 -> Becomes Humalong
2. Humalong -> Becomes Nat40

It would be the same as if you submitted your action with the order reversed, but the same two picked.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Correct but if its any consolation I can drive you tonight so you're virtually untargetable and can continue investigating (unless I get RBed).

Or maybe I won't WIFOM!!!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

B-minus claim is super sketchy and the timing comes after he probably slipped on claiming Town after its (likely) full at 4 members.

Given my claim and Monathin backing me up, I would expect people should give me some trust/credit, especially if nobody else claims to be the 4th member of the Military.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Is it usually that easy? Errrr I mean restless survivor.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Now that I'm dead in popcon I have more time for this game. First up:

SolusLunes posted:

that, and the fact that anarc/as is now definitely our best lynch today.

Can you elaborate on your AS case? I see your original point that you think her post "I don't know if we should assume the team numbers at this point given this game." is not genuine, but is there more to it?
Nep-Nep, you can chime in to if you have anything to add.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

My list of people that haven't claimed a faction (correct me if I'm wrong):

AtomicSoda
Chaoslord (also MIA)
Sal

All of you guys should claim faction immediately.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Summary of my suspicion on B- plus some questions for him:

First couple days he was making very limited reads and not really pursuing anyone. Now that he's claimed vig he's listed his kill targets and a couple other potential people he was considering. You know whats really odd about this list? He's never mentioned any of these people in the thread at all. Not to say he was suspicious, not to ask them a question, not anything. If he's really a "town" vig and trying to take out people he supposedly thinks were scummy people, don't you think he would have, uh, scumhunted them a little?

So that combined with the fact that he claimed to be the 5th member of the town (which I think was probably lazy and/or a slip) makes me think he's scum. I think the vig claim is just molding a killing role into something plausible that's close enough to his real role that he won't immediately get caught via other people's unknown actions.

##vote bminus

Questions:

b-minus1 posted:

Also I知 lol I知 looking at my flavor and role and wondering why the gently caress there are aliens and werewolves in this game. I thought we壇 be focused on wine and poison lol

B- since you already claimed your role, whats your flavor?

b-minus1 posted:

really not feeling anarc as scum tbh.

b-minus1 posted:

I知 not getting scum vibes from anarch/as tbh

Can you elaborate on this read?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Regarding my position on AA: I take him at his word that he's been sick and a re-read of him has allayed my initial ping for now. It was mostly based on D1/D2 tone and excessive mechanic spec but it doesn't really stand out to me at this point. I'm interested in hearing more from him though.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Sals is moving up on my suspicion list. Sal I don't really have any grasp of where you stand on anyone or who you think is scum. Can you give us your top 3 picks with some reasons?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm willing to keep Humalong around for the time being. It's possible he has some dangerous ability, but I give it 50/50 that he's actually a restless survivor. I think there are bigger fish to fry right now.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

I would have gone after Anarc today for certain, but I feel like that would now be rude, so I won't do it.

You can still give us your reasoning, its not rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

There's a common theme here that lots of people have ANarc/AS on their sus list, and she/he is probably scum but when people don't give any reasons it makes it easy for scumbos to do some light me-too bussing.

• Locked thread