Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I haven't read pretty much any of this thread, so apologies if this is really obvious or the topic du jour, but I'm having trouble with a couple things, and I think at LEAST one of them is a bug, both in a certain field that begins with HL. A spoilered post follows:

I'm loving around in this room, trying to figure out how to hit the weight on the bottom which I am, at that point, hoping might
solve the Griffin Problem, which I will get to in a second:

Eventually, later I figure out that my method of solving the problem (wiggling real fast down the ladders to the left) isn't 'correct,' and that hitting the weight is apparently the 'real' way to break the seal in the center. Fine, nbd. But when you leave the room after pushing the griffin statue onto the block-latch bit, when you come back, it looks like this:

(Sorry for awkward fairy there). No problem, except when you climb up the ladder, you end up inside the griffin block, and if you walk to the right you fall through the pillar, through the nonexistent room below you (There's not one on the map, anyway), and come out in the room with the Yggdrasil field door. This doesn't seem right, although I'm hesitant to classify anything as a bug for sure, because it's La-Mulana, you know?

The other thing is a bit weirder: The Griffin Problem. I fight the Griffin in this room, the last of the four bosses needed to break the seal on the exit door (at least, as I interpret the tablet about the four pillars). Here I am, fighting her:

Eventually, she goes down, and here I am in the room afterwards:

The room is sealed with a big stone block, and the chest didn't open, eh? And all the way to the right is an invisible pit in the floor that drops you onto spikes.

So far, so La-Mulana. I think it's a little weird that the health bar is still in the room, but maybe that always happens? Maybe I did something wrong, or left something unsolved. I didn't find any hints about one of the bosses around here being immortal, but hey, I'm not perfect.

But then, when teleport out.. if I go back to the room, the Griffin's still there! When you defeat her again, you stll get a big pile of money and a big XP orb:

Not only that, but the hit effect is blue/green this time:

And, of course, the door's still sealed:

I might have passed all this off as being an obscure puzzle, when when angling for hints from the guy I'm doing a simultaneous playthrough with, he's confused as well; according to him, the Griffin only had to be defeated once, and his sealed door opened after defeating her.

Basically, I don't really wants hints as such, but what if any of these bizarre occurrences are bugs, and can they be fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Verviticus posted:

griffins bugged. you cant kill it and move forward. i dont know what implications this has on completing the game but you cant get the chest right now

the real question: wait, there's another solution to that puzzle? i also just ran really fast down the ladders to the left

Yeah, if you use the Gale Fibula from the platform in the room to the left and jump over the gap, running at full speed into the griffin-statue room will let you pass under it. Then you can move to the lower section and hit the weight platform.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Alright, I got another 'Is this a bug?' post here. Regarding a thing in a late-game area, referred to in earlier hints as the Underworld.

I figured a lot of things out, opened up a couple places, blah blah blah, and I THOUGHT I was at the end of this accursed place. Went through all the doors in the presumably correct order (spent a long-rear end time looking for a bird-esque door mark before finding the passage into Vidofnir's room in the Treetops), all kinds of stuff. I'm on the home stretch of the seven-doors puzzle, and I come up on the last door, but...it's shut and locked.

Now, it's been like this for a while, but I figured it'd unlock when I finished the rest of the doors, but no dice. I assumed that the door must have somehow already been passed through when I started the seven-doors run, so I left the area entirely and came back to start again. Still nothing. I went to a friend who's a couple days ahead of me, and after a description from me he says the same things worked for him, no locked door. Only things I can think of are A: The door was unlocked when I first found it, and I went through with the Lamp of Time active; could that have hosed the whole thing up forever? B: I haven't cleared the Hall of Malice yet. Do I maybe need to have cleared all other guardians first?

Sorry if this is obvious or simple, but after the bug last time, I'm wary.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Do you have the _____Bronze Mirror_____?

It also very well could be the Lamp of Time. That thing messes with map triggers something awful; it's softlocked me a few times by itself.

I have the first thing, yeah. I don't know if you need it to open the door; all I know that it does for sure is mark doors that lead out of the ruins with two tiny blue lights, which was a big help.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Sacrificial Toast posted:

That gate only even appears when you've already done the puzzle correctly. So if you've already been through it once, you should be done. Can you not just go down past the scythe door and to the grail tablet below?

I think it appears after you defeat Vidofnir, or maybe Hraesvelgr? It definitely showed up while I was exploring after defeating those two guys, whom I fought in close succession, and while I was not doing the puzzle at all. But in any case, I can't go down there, no. I'll try several potential avenues tomorrow, see what happens.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Lack of update on my recent situation: Nothing I tried could get that damned door to open. Not the Lamp of Time, and the instant-death traps below that area are still active. My save file miiight be hosed unless the next patch clears everything up. So, uh, be careful about using the Lamp of Time around that door, I guess?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Sockser: Got any app combos you can use to make things easier on yourself? I tend to forget about them after a while.

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Just a couple things to make sure of before declaring the save file borked--

1. Gates do close off as you pass through them, but they usually reset when you leave the Underworld. You probably left at some point while testing it, but just making sure.

2. Spoiling the correct order of the gates to make sure you're not just doing it wrong, it should be: Enter from the Vidofnir's room in Icefire -> Grapple Claw door top right -> Lava pool door - > clay suit door behind lasers - > Door in grenade room beyond Garm - > Top right door where you have to push the pillar to make the jump - > door you're having trouble with

Yeah, I left before starting the sequence, and again after reaching the unfortunate end. And yeah, that's the order I went in; I figure I'll wait and see if the next patch fixes anything before giving up.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Hahahahaha YESSSSS

La-Mulana 2 patch notes posted:

-Fixed bug preventing gates from opening,

Time to fuckin' START PLAYING AGAIN

edit: GOD DAMMIT

John Lee fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 30, 2018

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

McFrugal posted:

e:...wait a minute, that one should never be closed? What the gently caress Nigoro.

I KNOW AND IT'S INFURIATING

I was the only person who reported this as a bug, and they said gates wouldn't be stuck closed any more. I just... I just want to finish the game, Nigoro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Hey, long shot I know, but - is anyone an expert on save file manipulation for this game yet? I'm the guy who got the final door stuck in the seven doors puzzle, and the dev says that save file is probably screwed. But if there's any way to, uh, hack the door open, that'd be my preferred fix. I didn't know this game was gonna have showstopping bugs, and the closest save I have is half the game away.