Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hope Gilligan doesn't blackball the actor from the industry for yupping when he should have yepped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Yeup

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

is the dress yep or yup?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

beep by grandpa posted:

is the dress yep or yup?

Brain storm

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
That is the thankless position of the father in the family - the provider for all, and the enemy of all.

Happy Birthday Walter White!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it's not yep because kim is hanging out with loving yuppies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum
Yep for strokes yup for soaks

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfm1GPC0NKo

Not sure if this is a repost, or if those diamonds are actually going to be relevant to the plot.

Not linking directly in case it is a spoiler or something.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 13, 2022

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1558537623274078208?s=20&t=artt9cBb0T59pW77q-cMvA

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I mean it's not exactly a huge surprise but that's a weird thing for the official account to spoil.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Spoiled, might as well not even watch now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

who in their right mind thought that was it for kim, even mike and gus got very clear send-offs

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

who in their right mind thought that was it for kim, even mike and gus got very clear send-offs

Yeah it'd be bizarre to leave it at that and not have her in the finale of the show.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Ernesto, rich and Walt all meet at the local dealership when Walt is buying his SRT. Ernesto convinces Rich to replace the company fleet with evo’s

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

GoutPatrol posted:

There are several characters who feel like they didn't get final scenes. Fring and Mike feel like they need to be back for something, to me. Mike was as close to the lead as Saul was.

Other characters who I don't think are going to come back but would be nice to see to have a final scene:

The film crew
Huell
Tyrus and Victor
Mike's family
Cliff Main and Rich Schweikart
Chuck?

Of those, the only one I'm confident will pop back in for an appearance in the finale, since they were such a big player in Jimmy's story, is Chuck. Probably no more Mike or Fring.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Actually, Chuck is dead and will not be appearing in the finale, on account if his being dead

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

ALFbrot posted:

Actually, Chuck is dead and will not be appearing in the finale, on account if his being dead

Time travel and ghosts are both counterrevolutionary and have no place on TV or Movie screens.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
none of those characters had arcs besides chuck, who finished his. its fine if they dont appear again.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ALFbrot posted:

Gus died over a decade ago and he still regularly appears on our screens. :colbert:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Gene is going to get a machine gun and finally Chuck’s prediction will come true.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ALFbrot posted:

Yea, I've never seen a TV show show a character that they killed off on screen later on in a memory or anything.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ALFbrot posted:

Actually, Chuck is dead

... dead tired of all these black & white flashforwards!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

after monday, it's all gone folks

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Barreft posted:

after monday, it's all gone folks

Saul Over Man.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_S9VMneSM

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BCS maybe be gone, but 3D saul goodman will live in our hearts eternally

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1BW5WYjO2M

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1558622717263245312?s=21&t=r4lEmqCNssU2_cqi9uXDWw

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

She's incredible, I hope she wins it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

her whole arc as kim's been incredible but waterworks should absolutely seal an emmy for her. kim during the phonecall and when the dam finally bursts on the bus is some of the best physical acting you'll ever see on TV

much like with tony dalton and patrick fabian, it's crazy to me that someone this good didn't get noticed more before BCS

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 14, 2022

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
yeah the bus scene was very affecting. it really got me when you see the comforting hand from offscreen

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Vermain posted:

her whole arc as kim's been incredible but waterworks should absolutely seal an emmy for her. kim during the phonecall and when the dam finally bursts on the bus is some of the best physical acting you'll ever see on TV

much like with tony dalton and patrick fabian, it's crazy to me that someone this good didn't get noticed more before BCS

The material has to be there in the first place though. You can only get noticed so much from random bit parts or guest starring roles. There’s not exactly a ton of well-written major roles for “older” (30+) women, and the ones that do exist tend to go to more well-known actors. The fact that Kim is not primarily a mom/wife character is still pretty unusual unfortunately.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So, with the final episode looming I've been thinking about this show and how Jimmy's a bit of a monster. I've posted a bunch about how much I think chuck sucks and how his treatment of Jimmy was probably largely fundamental in shaping the Jimmy to Saul slide - but even so, the poo poo Jimmy does over the course of the show is just beyond hosed up when looked at from beyond the perspective of a wacky guy having wacky adventures with his wife; and it's made even worse with how often he tries to justify it all. Like, it comes up a lot that at his heart he often acts like the monkey with a machine gun that chuck accused him of being; but I think that's wrong, because he isn't. The ease with which Jimmy leaps straight to some pretty intense career wide sabotage followed up by life destroying gaslighting is not just goofy clown behavior; it's horribly malicious poo poo we'd normally expect of an antagonist in a series so we can cheer when they get their comeuppance. And he doesn't just do it once, but twice; and always rationalizes it that because chuck snubbed him it's okay, or because Howard's a rich prick it's okay, he'll land on his feet. But it's pretty awful stuff played up to be wacky so people don't think too hard about it, and it works just given how many people are still rooting for him and Kim to get back together and be happy. The chuck rant is fun to shitpost about, and it was some good rear end TV; but divorced from Jimmy's point of view, it was basically a guy who definitely did something illegal and wrong spending a lot of time and effort to make the guy who didn't look, and feel, literally insane; and succeeding because when someone dedicates that much energy into gaslighting you, it can loving work and had Howard not gotten shot, his very life was forever tainted by a lie he couldn't disprove because part of the lie was his growing deranged obsession with Jimmy.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing how this series end, I've loved it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kim is the one who wanted to ruin Howards life

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Does anyone know if laptops in the era of the latest episode routinely came with an onboard 56k modem, requiring only a phone cable?

This is a critical question, need an answer itt

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah their relationship was very toxic. Jimmy was visibly unsettled multiple times but he's shown us that he'll do anything for Kim. He's a grown man who can think for himself but she was his moral compass after Chuck revealed his loathing.

I think he feared that if he stopped her she'd resent him and he wouldn't want to lose her. It's the cons and thrill that really kept her interested in him, I think. There was genuine love there but that doesn't mean it was good.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I feel like people are setting themselves up for an "Oh no, not my Kimmy." moment

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Inner Light posted:

Does anyone know if laptops in the era of the latest episode routinely came with an onboard 56k modem, requiring only a phone cable?

This is a critical question, need an answer itt

this was absolutely a thing prior to 2010, and that wasn't a brand new laptop

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jimmy only wanted to do some middle school pranks to Howard for making him feel weak and small, I'm sure he would have escalated at some point but not ever to the degree Kim took things.

not going to finish my series re-watch before Monday night but I just watched the episode where Jimmy runs the scam on Irene, and him confronting Howard in the parking garage hurdled up the list of my favorite scenes in the show seeing it again. wish there were more scenes of Howard telling Jimmy to go gently caress himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gaius Marius posted:

He might not have been the one to think the idea up, but once started he didn't seem to have much of an issue getting into the swing of things beyond that one time he told kim they could just call it off because of a guy's arm being broken. Which, you know, was after many attempts at framing Howard as a reckless drug addict, up to and including stealing his car and dressing up as him to kick a prostitute out in the middle of the street and drive off while he was in therapy. And similarly he probably wouldn't have hosed with those Mesa Verde numbers if not to spite chuck and help Kim. But Jimmy doing these things isn't Kim's fault; she's only responsible for however complicit she was in any of it - which is considerably in the case of Howard's set up job and eventual death. Basically I just think Jimmy is way too comfortable with actually doing the life destroying and gaslighting poo poo, whether he thought the plan up or not.