Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Actually, I wonder if Jimmy knows where Nacho ends up and that's why he's worried Lalo sent Walt to him in BB? Seems like Nacho is stashing cash and has a 2nd ID ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I had forgotten about the jump too but it makes sense that Nacho would have improved his situation in that time, there wasn’t really anyone above him on the Salamanca side

The con this episode was so loving delightful. When the story finished right as the total went up I totally lost it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm not into the superlab construction plot, it feels like just a big buildup to them just all getting murdered [and maybe Mike having to do it].

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Last Chance posted:

do both of you realize that nacho is now a drug kingpin in ABQ and how silly the question "why does this drug dealer have a large house with women :confused:" is?
No i get that, I’m just saying that he seems to have them there out of obligation. Like he’s playing the part.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

holy poo poo it's a real (fake) website
http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/

I think it's a scam, when I click the donate button it says I'm donating to help solve hunger but Huell looks pretty fed to me. Probably money laundering.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ornithology posted:

Ok before I kinda ragged on the guys who were complaining about the hole digging subplot but I admit it's getting kinda boring now

The most exciting thing that could happen is Mike kills the workers and I'm not sure how much I would even care. There's also too many scenes about pouring concrete now.

The problem is that while Jimmy still has a ways to go to become the man we see in Breaking Bad, Mike's journey effectively ended when he shook Gus's hand in Season 3. It's true he hasn't killed anyone yet (except for the bastards that killed his son) but when he crosses that line it's gonna be with the same weary reluctance that he's been feeling this entire season. Mike has gotten steadily less interesting as the series has progressed and I think that's in large part because of the writers buying into the legacy of Mike as the badass antihero that Walter saw himself as.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

No i get that, I’m just saying that he seems to have them there out of obligation. Like he’s playing the part.

I agree with that 100%. I think he's trying to fill a hole that was left when his father cut ties with him over his criminal activity. We even see that he planned to bring his father with him in the case that everything turned sideways and he had to disappear.

Actually, the whole sequence reminded me of a more put-together Jesse after he buys his house back and starts throwing 24/7 ragers. Nacho has way better taste, but both of their homes feel like a set-piece of what they think they're supposed to be doing rather than what they actually want to do. Hell, you could even throw Gene's house from the opening of S1 in there too.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Kim :allears:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I think it's a scam, when I click the donate button it says I'm donating to help solve hunger but Huell looks pretty fed to me. Probably money laundering.

How else is Huell gonna gain all that weight by 2008?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That was an amazing episode. Everybody was just perfect, firing on all cylinders.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Mike is dumb for not taking them to Las Vegas in a blacked out bus for R&R.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

qirex posted:

I'm not into the superlab construction plot, it feels like just a big buildup to them just all getting murdered [and maybe Mike having to do it].

Yeah, I’m thinking the Germans are going to be Mike’s introduction to full measures. Not just Kai, all of them.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Better Fuel Huel

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jimmy's definitely going to get Kim disbarred. :smith:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Yeah, I’m thinking the Germans are going to be Mike’s introduction to full measures. Not just Kai, all of them.

It really does strike me that they are building up to a 'The pharaohs killed the men who built their tomb' situation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m amazed Kai is still alive after all the poo poo he has pulled

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

ruddiger posted:

Jimmy's definitely going to get Kim disbarred. :smith:

Kim will get Kim disbarred, she is wilfully in the game just as much as Slippin' Jimmy is now.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I believe it’s because His Boss Needs Him

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

timp posted:

I believe it’s because His Boss Needs Him

Kai is the best blasting guy, and they have a huge mass of rock where the elevator shaft needs to be. He's surviving until they finish that part.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

So far, Kai hasn't shown a lapse of discretion. His flaws are very easy to address. Look how easy the situation with the strip club was addressed! Just a payoff and a rather small one at that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Better Fuel Huel

It's you, I love you

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

if you street view the address of that church it puts you at a mexican restaurant called 'los gallos'

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Mike's full measure story is from his time as a cop in PA. There was so much blood you could taste the metal.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

NowonSA posted:

Man Kim really went in a direction I wasn't expecting, from seeming to stress/guilt buy school supplies (though it's possible she had the scheme in mind and only called Jimmy because she forgot to right away), then kind of all over the map emotionally and finally just wanting to keep on slipping. Definitely wasn't what I expected, but it's certainly plausible that she got a thrill out of it having been a direct participant in it and doing it for what seems like a good cause (poor overcharged Huell).

Not sure where these next two episodes will go, all I can predict for now is that we see Jimmy open up a Saul Goodman law office (not necessarily his strip mall office), Lalo does some ruthless cartel thing, and someone on that Superlab crew is going to screw up and get killed or severely punished to send a message, probably poor Werner.

What's great is the series is really good at having Kim give an emotion, like being standoffish or removed, while still being ambiguous (to the viewer) on why she feels that way.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Nude posted:

What's great is the series is really good at having Kim give an emotion, like being standoffish or removed, while still being ambiguous (to the viewer) on why she feels that way.

I think the -truly- great thing is that the eventual explanation for her feelings make total sense but are not obvious at first glance.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't think there's going to be a backlash against Kim quite like there was with Skyler because Kim is much better than Skyler, but I'm curious to see if they do the same arc as her by having Kim go from willing accomplice to turning on Jimmy.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
Did the superlab have an elevator? I remember a balcony where Gus looked down at Walt and Gale/Jesse and stairs.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

JustinMorgan posted:

Did the superlab have an elevator? I remember a balcony where Gus looked down at Walt and Gale/Jesse and stairs.

Probably had something for barrels of stuff and the like, something like the ones pubs have.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Yeah there was a freight elevator, Walt rides it down after the nursing home explosion when he goes to get Jesse and burn the place down.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

So does the construction crew know they are in Albuquerque and just not exactly where

Yea, Mike mentions Albuquerque when scolding Werner.

Also I would assume there would be hints inside the club.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

We see the elevator in Breaking Bad. IIRC Walt comes shooting out of it at the end of season 4.

efb!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was expecting Werner to ask someone in the bar what town they were in. Maybe he already knew, or maybe Mike hosed up when he said ABQ.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Why do they have to use explosives? Why not a jackhammer?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ak Gara posted:

Some rock is super duper hard. When I was a kid a house went up next door and initially they said it would just be a half day of jack-hammering to do away with the bit of a rocky outcropping that would otherwise poke up into the basement. They worked on it for 2 days before giving up and calling in for blasting, they barely made a dent over those 2 days as well. Blasting for houses wasn't really a thing when our houses went up in the 30's though, so most houses on the street will have some natural rock here and there in the basement.

I believe the rock is mostly gneiss, and my geology teacher from way back in the day said the gneiss in my area of town was some of the hardest in the world. So it can really depend on the local geology.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I feel like some people didn't "get" Nacho's scenes this week.

My interpretation was that everything he's doing - the fancy house, car, women, drugs, violence towards underlings - is 'keeping up appearances' that he's a loyal, typical member of the drug cartel. Meanwhile, he's putting as much money as he can away (possibly even skimming off more than he should based on Lalo's ominous "good with numbers") and actively working (the fake IDs) towards an escape plan with his father, because he's actually under the thumb of Fring and also never really wanted to be this deep in the drug game anyway. Also I suspect his father probably knows nothing about the escape plan and would totally never be a part of it, ala Walt trying to drag his family away with a vacuum cleaner repairman.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chadzok posted:

I feel like some people didn't "get" Nacho's scenes this week.

Well, I totally get it. I even think Jimmy likely plays a big part in Nacho being able to get away and will be the reason he thinks Walt is working with Lalo in BB.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, I totally get it. I even think Jimmy likely plays a big part in Nacho being able to get away and will be the reason he thinks Walt is working with Lalo in BB.

Could be how Jimmy first gets introduced to the vacuum repair number.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lalo! Huel fake charity drive! Kim destroying assistant DAs! Yay!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The reason to be hyped for Lalo is that he means the Jimmy and Nacho stories will be converging.

E: also the Lalo scene made me hungry for some real hole-in-the-wall mexican joint food from back in TX. Mesa Verde is putting a bank in my hometown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ak Gara posted:

The sort of stuff you can use to get through hard rock like that would be poo poo like water cooled pneumatic jackleg drills. And you only really use those to drill holes for the explosives!

That said, I've seen some tests in really hard rock using a drill holes and some fancy expanding foam/gel stuff to fracture the rock in a safe way (think near a physics experiment) but in the end i think it was too slow/ineffective compared to good ole blasting.