Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
After reading about a 10 page derail on vacation time in the Capitalism thread, I realized I hadn't planned our Thanksgiving vaca yet. Thinking about a week at an all inclusive in the Bahamas, someplace hot with liquor and gambling. We've done alot of cruises so they kinda get old. Where should this IK go to get away from GBS? Got a trip to Vegas at the Cosmo next month for our wedding anniversary/her birthday next month, so that's out. Was going to post in the travel forum but it had like 6 posters logged in..... :/ Tell me your best locations, cringe inducing bad ones too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
In about a month I'm going on my first cruise ever to the Grand Caymans and Jamaica. Super hyped and I'll have the all you can eat and drink package as well.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Over There posted:

In about a month I'm going on my first cruise ever to the Grand Caymans and Jamaica. Super hyped and I'll have the all you can eat and drink package as well.

:hmmyes:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

maybe spain??? maybe thailand again...

maybe beunos aires

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Over There posted:

oh man I read this as "the grand canyon" and jamming a cruise ship in there would be freakin' epic

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Over There posted:

Grand Caymans kick rear end. That's where I first scuba dove. Jamaica, uhhh I heard they have some crime issue or something recently. Too bad really, beautiful island.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i wonder how the pizza is in columbia...

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:thunk: man why you wanna get pizza in so may weird rear end countries. Like hey how’s the pizza in the Congo? Or Portugal?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i vacation in different hospitals

like when i'm slummin it ill go to St. lukes (phoenix or NY, theyre both cheap n sleazy) or bayley Seton on staten

but if i wanna live it up it's Lutheran in Brooklyn or Mt Sinai in Manhattan

trick is to try jumping from the Brooklyn bound side of the verazzano bridge, then when you get detained they take you to Lutheran or Maimonides, theyre like head-resorts, like sadbrain caesars palace

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
gf and i are going to disney world for 5 days next week and then hawaii in october

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

:thunk: man why you wanna get pizza in so may weird rear end countries. Like hey how’s the pizza in the Congo? Or Portugal?
russian pizza :ussr:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:sad:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm taking my first vacation in 2 years next week. I've already made plans to get high and play video games uh, every day?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm gonna crowdfund a vacation but I'm gonna say making a photbook of the various lady boys I have sex with, the books will never be shipped

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Turks and Caicos, get a non all inclusive place on grace bay and enjoy the island. Aqua TCI is a top notch dive shop too, and there’s great diving there. Only place in the world we’ve seen a flying gunard, think I posted pics of it in the A/T dive thread

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
can't afford this bougie trash, kinda wish this job would let me just cash out vacation time but instead gonna take some time off and day drink probably

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

let it mellow posted:

Turks and Caicos, get a non all inclusive place on grace bay and enjoy the island. Aqua TCI is a top notch dive shop too, and there’s great diving there. Only place in the world we’ve seen a flying gunard, think I posted pics of it in the A/T dive thread

I loved the Turks, nice beaches. Thinking somewhere new, wife heard a Punta Cana is cool. I’m gonna be off the wagon, and two teenagers eating like horses, and a wife that drinks foo foo things , all inclusive is almost mandatory for a week.

And pizza

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Theres always the mexican riviera or whatever they're calling the yucatan these days. Good snorkeling but do your research so you don't end up at an all inclusive with lovely food.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I spend all of my vacations sitting at home and playing video games and watching TV lmao.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Burt Sexual posted:

I loved the Turks, nice beaches. Thinking somewhere new, wife heard a Punta Cana is cool. I’m gonna be off the wagon, and two teenagers eating like horses, and a wife that drinks foo foo things , all inclusive is almost mandatory for a week.

And pizza

ok but no punta cana unless you are on a budget or something. Even if you have a budget, st Lucia is better than the DR and not too expensive

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I'm headed to Thailand in a few days :toot:
Have to rebook everything because someone decided she wanted to come with suddenly. Can't wait to tell her I saved $3 by opting out of air-conditioning on the two 12hr+ trains we'll be taking. :clint:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Cantaloupe posted:

I'm taking my first vacation in 2 years next week. I've already made plans to get high and play video games uh, every day?

:hellyeah:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

did u no that vacations give u autism?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Was gunna take a holiday in the EU but if things keep up the way they are it looks like I'm just going to have a holiday in England instead

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

I'm headed to Thailand in a few days :toot:
Have to rebook everything because someone decided she wanted to come with suddenly. Can't wait to tell her I saved $3 by opting out of air-conditioning on the two 12hr+ trains we'll be taking. :clint:

What's the point of going to thailand not alone

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Devils Affricate posted:

What's the point of going to thailand not alone

To send her back

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
And right now!
right now!
right now!
right now!
right now!

It's time to....

GO ON VACATION MOTHERFUCKER!!!

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Im gonna see the mc5 p soon. Super psyched

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Five week summer vacation coming up. I intend to do gently caress all.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Dennis System posted:

I spend all of my vacations sitting at home and playing video games and watching TV lmao.

staycations own

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It would depend when you go in november but you might be able to catch the beginning of ski season in zermatt. Or just go and drink some beers and look at the matterhorn or whatever if you dont like to ski.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Posting from my vacation station. Wife, kid and I are chilling at Virgina Beach. It's raining frequently but we don't give a gently caress. Having a blast.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Leaving for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival next Wednesday :buddy:

schmug
May 20, 2007

Over There posted:

Discounted for Huricane season.

Jose?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

schmug posted:

Discounted for Huricane season.

Jose?

Yeah, this sucks. I just realized I'll be down there at the tail end of november. I'll be safe, right? I mean what are the odds I end up with a Jose situation in an all you can drink environment.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

autism ZX spectrum posted:

can't afford this bougie trash, kinda wish this job would let me just cash out vacation time but instead gonna take some time off and day drink probably

my suggestion if you really want to travel is work for an airline

if i dump all my overtime into comp time, holidays into vacation + my usual 2 weeks i get 6ish weeks of vacation the union forces them to let me use every year & i get free standby on us and 90% off standby on 50+ other airlines

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Over There posted:

Cruises are hit and miss for a lot of people, but I love having a giant floating headquarters take me to beautiful islands.

Jamaica sucks though. The people really aggressively try to sell stuff to tourists. They will follow you and yell at you, and once you get out of their territory, the next guy will follow and yell at you through his/her territory. They also love doing that thing where the cab will take you far away from your ship, and then charge you $200 to get back to your ship before it leaves.(It won't leave without you usually, but still).

Grand Cayman is great though. Other than Jamaica, you should have a really great time.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah, this sucks. I just realized I'll be down there at the tail end of november. I'll be safe, right? I mean what are the odds I end up with a Jose situation in an all you can drink environment.

Meh. You'll be fine! By the end of November it's usually about over.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Vacation time baby!

*turns on Travel Channel*

• Locked thread