Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

During his career, Davenport was given the nicknames "Dookie"[10] and "The Dump Truck."[11] While playing for the Packers, a letter writing campaign to the team equipment manager jokingly asked that he be issued jersey number 2 for practice,[12] which is still referenced during the opening of the "D-List" show on WAUK ESPN 540 in Milwaukee.[13] All are plays on the incident.

loling at "The Dump Truck"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1031530551369519105?s=21

this is pretty good and also why i hope Anthony Barr dumps Aaron Rodgers with all his body weight again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1030661044681822208

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Okay that one's just pathetic on the DB's part. If you're gonna take that inside position guarding against the post then you better actually force him (or at least try and force him) towards the sidelines. Assuming he's in man coverage you can't just give away the middle of the field like that. Playing really far off too for a play run from the ten yard line

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Play posted:

Okay that one's just pathetic on the DB's part. If you're gonna take that inside position guarding against the post then you better actually force him (or at least try and force him) towards the sidelines. Assuming he's in man coverage you can't just give away the middle of the field like that. Playing really far off too for a play run from the ten yard line

Yea Gilbert Brown could have pulled that inside lane on the DB. But whatever, GB SB fever dreams.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
yeah it would be a pretty huge shock to see GB in the SB this season

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i will be shocked!!!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

nerve posted:

I always get a kick out of people in identical states talking poo poo to each other

Wisconsin is inferior for a number of reasons. They call them bubblers and not drinking fountains or water fountains. Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein are your two most famous people. Paul Ryan sucks rear end.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Much like their football team, Minnesota's economy is far superior to Wisconsin's.

https://www.epi.org/press/since-2010-minnesotas-economy-has-outperformed-wisconsins-by-virtually-every-available-measure/

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2017/04/hey-wisconsin-move-minnesota

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/08/its-liberal-minnesota-vs-gop-wisconsin-study-economic-growth/590813002/

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
that's true, minnesota is better simply by the metric of zero scott walkers to one

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

The entire Midwest is trash but at least we can all agree that Ohio is the worst of all the Midwest states

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Malaria posted:

The entire Midwest is trash but at least we can all agree that Ohio is the worst of all the Midwest states

Indiana

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
seriously it's Indiana.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Indiana is the middle finger of the worst parts of the deep south sticking up into the midwest

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I stand corrected. Indiana is so bad I forgot all about it when thinking of midwest states

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

soggybagel posted:

Wisconsin is inferior for a number of reasons. They call them bubblers and not drinking fountains or water fountains. Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein are your two most famous people. Paul Ryan sucks rear end.
They're called bubblers because the Kohler company made the first drinking fountains, and it was literally named the bubbler. It's like people calling tissues Kleenex, but for some reason only WI and parts of Pennsylvania call them bubblers.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

nerve posted:

that's true, minnesota is better simply by the metric of zero scott walkers to one

Somehow these fucknuts are going to elect him again for the 17th time.

For every Walker re-election, Rodgers will suffer one broken bone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Culver’s is good as hell

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Whooping Crabs posted:

The one that hits closest to home is "The St. Louis Cardinals fanbase of the NFL". Wisconsin is not really a hillbilly backwater compared to MN though, Wisconsin went for Trump by less than a percent and MN went for Hillary by 1.4%. Steel yourselves MN, Koch money is coming to destroy your state too.

We havent voted GOP for a presidential candidate since the 60s.

MN > Every other state.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Culver’s is good as hell

This is very true though.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
You elected Jesse Ventura; you don't have the right to talk poo poo.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

He had held public office before.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Leon Einstein posted:

He was fine. Got us the light rail.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Leon Einstein posted:

The MN equivalent of Scott Walker isn’t Jesse Ventura...

It’s Space Admiral Bachmann.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

yeah, but we didn’t re-elect him

checkmate :smugbert:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

BGrifter posted:

The MN equivalent of Scott Walker isn’t Jesse Ventura...

It’s Space Admiral Bachmann.
Touche. She's a million times worse. It's just funny seeing Ventura on all those conspiracy shows now and to think that this is the same mind that ran a state.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Leon Einstein posted:

They're called bubblers because the Kohler company made the first drinking fountains, and it was literally named the bubbler. It's like people calling tissues Kleenex, but for some reason only WI and parts of Pennsylvania call them bubblers.

Rhode Island too!

In between Minnesota and Wisconsin, Minnesota is the better State because it gave us MST3K.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Quiet Feet posted:

Rhode Island too!

In between Minnesota and Wisconsin, Minnesota is the better State because it gave us MST3K.

Rlm is good too tho

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Quiet Feet posted:

Rhode Island too!

Joel Hodgson, the creator of MST3K is from Wisconsin

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

loling at "The Dump Truck"

The exact point where I laughed loud enough for people on the bus to look at me funny.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.packers.com/news/aaron-...0&sf196000260=1

quote:

Practices like Tuesdays help to get some of that work done and progress made, especially during an extensive, third-down blitz drill that pitted the No. 1 offense and defense against one another.

On Monday, Rodgers felt the defense “kicked our (butt)” in a similar session, but the offense sharpened up on Tuesday. A deep seam pass to rookie receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling, who made a leaping catch, and a crossing route to veteran Randall Cobb were two standout plays against heavy pressure.

The defense still had its moments, too, including one when linebacker Blake Martinez came knifing through the middle unblocked on a blitz.

A master at diagnosing pressures, changing protection calls, and getting the ball out, Rodgers was caught by surprise that time, the type of play that has him just as excited for the direction of the defense this season.

“They made an adjustment on me today that I haven’t seen in the league for a while,” he said. “Very impressive stuff. You love to see it from that side of the ball, and it’s exciting once we get into real games that count to watch those guys and the full package of plays and adjustments they can do.”

Please please please let Pettine's defense be at least league average.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
PACKERSSSSSS

https://youtu.be/0iqLhdInGrk

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Lions better get their poo poo together quick because they look pretty bad so far.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

Lions better get their poo poo together quick because they look pretty bad so far.

I understand why he did it but Quinn's decision not to get any real help for the defensive line is going to just kill us this season, I feel.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Henchman of Santa posted:

Culver’s is good as hell

Culver's is ok. The local stands in Milwaukee are better, but as for spreading the word of frozen custard, I respect it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

iospace posted:

Culver's is ok. The local stands in Milwaukee are better, but as for spreading the word of frozen custard, I respect it.
Which ones? Leon's? I live in Milwaukee, and Culver's beats everybody.

FYI, the lady who started Kopp's learned how to make custard from Leon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Leon Einstein posted:

Which ones? Leon's? I live in Milwaukee, and Culver's beats everybody.

FYI, the lady who started Kopp's learned how to make custard from Leon.

I'm partial to Kopps' but that's also because it's what I grew up with. Maybe that's part of it. Leon's is decent.

Also Kopps' has huge rear end burgers.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

iospace posted:

I'm partial to Kopps' but that's also because it's what I grew up with. Maybe that's part of it. Leon's is decent.

Also Kopps' has huge rear end burgers.

Kopp's custard is good. The burgers are huge, but the meat is like a quarter inch thick. Leon's has garbage food choices.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reggie Gilbert was born the same week that the Packers signed Reggie White in '93, and the same month that we drafted Gilbert Brown

Kid's gonna get a lot of buzz this season as everyone puts huge amounts of hype and expectations on him lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-detroit-lions-1828517227

v savage and accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dear lord how does Matt Cassel keep getting work?