Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?

A new season of the fantasy game for the English Premier League is soon underway. 1,8 million souls have already registered, and this number is expected to become 6 million by the end of the year.

I've made a classic goon league, here's the code to join: 5491-417940

Gameweek 1 Deadline
As always 1 hour before kickoff, which this year is on Friday August 10th 20:00 GMT (3:00 PM ET)

Changes since last season:
- No new rules.
- Similar bonus points calculation.
- Similar chips in play: 2x Wildcards, 1x Bench Boost, 1x Triple Captain, 1x Free Hit
- Swansea, Stoke and WBA were relegated to Championship, whereas Wolverhampton, Cardiff City and Fulham were promoted. The most interesting players from the relegated sides (Fabianski and Shaqiri) have moved to other EPL teams, with one sadly missed exception (Chris Brunt :( ).

Consensus so far:
- Liverpool and Man City have the best initial fixtures of the traditional top 6 sides.
- Everton and Crystal Palace have the best fixtures outside of the "top 6".
- Many key players who participated in the World Cup, such as Kane(12.5m), KDB (10.0m), Pogba (8.0m), Hazard (11.0m) etc. won't be back until GW2-3, so it's probably wise to stay clear from the get-go.
- The above means that an early Wildcard-strategy (in the first international break between GW4 and GW5) could be a sensible strategy.
- Mo Salah (13.0m) is a must have due to high ownership (>50%) as he offers a great captaincy choice for the first 6+ gameweeks.
- Most have opted for one of Aubameyang or Agüero in the 11.0m premium striker bracket.
- One or even two premium defenders (6.0m+) looks to be a valid strategy.
- The current meta doesn't favour a particular formation. Everything from a defense-heavy 5-4-1 up to 3-4-3 with two premium 11.0m strikers looks viable.
- From the promoted sides Wolves in particular looks to be offering great valued options, such as Patricio(4.5m), Jota (6.5m), Costa (5.0m)
- Defensive midfielders are a no-go as they are still not favored by the game’s bonus system

Resources:
https://fantasyfootballscout.co.uk For anything FPL, especially their captain's poll.
Ben Dinnery For injury status.
Ben Crellin Schedule spreadsheets
Gargatron For all your FPL team's stats when we're underway.
Always Cheating Podcast
Who got the assist Blog & Podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Definitely in on this one again as Show me da Mané

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

In as Bunch of Chancers.

I'm really not sure if Salah is going to be worth that obscene fee this time around... but if everyone else picks him and scored mega points I'll look like a dick. It's going to be a weird start to the season anyway.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AFC Vermouth return to try and do better than 3rd this time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
In for gw1 and then I'll forget about it completely until just after Christmas when this thread will still be on the first page

Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?
Only a few hours to go, deadline is indeed tonight.

The transfer window is shut for new club signings, but keep in mind that players could still be sold.

sebzilla posted:

In as Bunch of Chancers.

I'm really not sure if Salah is going to be worth that obscene fee this time around... but if everyone else picks him and scored mega points I'll look like a dick. It's going to be a weird start to the season anyway.
Do this at your own peril. He’s almost at 60% ownership, probably an equal share of owners will captain him. Can’t see that the money saved outweighs the gigantic risk of going without.

Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?

Blasmeister posted:

AFC Vermouth return to try and do better than 3rd this time.
A most excellent team name sir

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Noseman posted:

Only a few hours to go, deadline is indeed tonight.

The transfer window is shut for new club signings, but keep in mind that players could still be sold.

Do this at your own peril. He’s almost at 60% ownership, probably an equal share of owners will captain him. Can’t see that the money saved outweighs the gigantic risk of going without.

£13M though ughhhhhh

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is this different from the TRP goon liga that I seem to have automatically joined

Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?

oliwan posted:

Is this different from the TRP goon liga that I seem to have automatically joined
It is, uncertain of when the other one got renewed.

What an absolutely horror game week, I'm gonna go and get myself a hit.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Noseman posted:

It is, uncertain of when the other one got renewed.

What an absolutely horror game week, I'm gonna go and get myself a hit.

Actually that was a pretty good gameweek, just end the season now imo 😁😁😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Back to 3rd already. Feels like home.

• Locked thread