Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
NBA 2K18 SIMULATION EXTRAVAGANZA
Based off: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862160&pagenumber=1

Partial Rosters available for PS4 (It's about 80% done, I finished the rest in the league itself. There are a few errors in this download roster that I fixed in the league)
PSNID: Lockback
Roster Name: SAS Be A GM V.4

Users/Teams

1. Scooter McTiny (Indiana Pacers) (PMs: Yes)
2. Rick (Los Angeles Lakers) (PMs: Yes)
3. alansmithee (Charlotte Hornets) (PMs: Yes)
4. Cool Buff Man (Boston Celtics) (PMs: Yes)
5. Bloach (Brooklyn Nets) (PMs:Yes)
6. G-Hawk (Houston Rockets) (PMs: Yes)
7. BWV (Toronto Raptors) (PMs: Yes)
8. homphgomph (Milwaukee Bucks) (PMs: Yes)
9. Lockback (Minnesota Timberwolves) (PMs: Yes)
10. Punkin Spunkin (San Antonio Spurs) (PMs: Yes)
11. AnacondaHL (Phoenix Suns) (PMs: Yes)
12. Frustrated (New Orleans Pelicans) (PMs: Yes)
13. Carlosologist (Philadelphia 76ers) (PMs: Yes)
14. china klay (Golden State Warriors) (PMs: Yes)
15. DeimosRising (Orlando Magic) (PMs: No, email: g.dearien@gmail)
16. xbilkis (Chicago Bulls) (PMs: Yes)
17. IcePhoenix (Denver Nuggets) (PMs: Yes)
18. Dejan Bimble (Detroit Pistons) (PMs: Yes)
19. Paul Zuvella (Los Angeles Clippers) (PMs: Yes)
20. Michael Corleone (Cleveland Cavaliers (PMs: Yes)
21. tanglewood1420 (Miami Heat) (PMs: Yes)
22. Panzeh (Atlanta Hawks) (PMs: Yes)
23. Metapod (Oklahoma City Thunder) (PMs: Yes)
24. leftist heap (Portland Trailblazers)[ (PMs: Yes)
25. DC Murderverse (Memphis Grizzlies) (PMs: Yes)
26. Doltos (New York Knicks) (PMs: Yes)
27. Drunk Canuck (Dallas Mavericks) (PMs: Yes)
28. scuz (Utah Jazz) (PMs: Yes)
29. Mountain Dew Code Bread (Sacramento Kings) (PMs: Yes)
30. Harlock (Washington Wizards) (PMs: Yes)

Be Your Own GM v.4 2k18 Simulator Info

-I am targeting doing the first season over the course of about a week (depending on engagement), and do another ~3 seasons or so over another week. I don't want this to go more than about 2 weeks because everyone will lose interest anyway.

-Because of the quick timeline, I'll only be setting lineups and very basic rotation setups (like if a guy is a super sub or if you decide you don't want Jimmy Butler to ever rest). Otherwise you'll need to trust you C/C/C coach!

-I'm using a blind roster update to add rookies that also supposedly changes some of the 2K ratings. I haven't looked either!

-New rookie classes will (hopefully) be really lovely and not make the rosters.

-Injuries will be most definitely be on.

-Guys starting this year injured will be returned to play 1 year from their injury date (DMC: 1/27/19, Porzingis 4/19/19). For DMC I'm also going to jack his injury rate way up in addition to keeping whatever change the roster did to him (He's on my team).

-Career ending injuries will also be enabled, retiring is disabled. If a team loses a guy I'll replace them with whatever FA I think is closest to 2018 Nate Robinson or Carlos Boozer. This is a fair system.

-I'll try and post stats at the end of seasons, but if it's a pain I might just highlight important/funny stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Results

Season 1
Regular Season Champ: Toronto
MVP: Ben Simmons
ROTY: Trae Young
Finals Teams: Warriors vs Toronto
NBA Champ: Golden State Warriors

Season 2
Regular Season Champs: Chicago Bulls
MVP: James Harden
Finals Teams: Timberwolves vs Toronto
NBA Champ: Toronto Raptors

Season 3
Regular Season Champs: New York Knicks
MVP: Lebron James
Finals Teams: Denver Nuggets vs New York Knicks
NBA Champ: Denver Nuggets

Season 4
Regular Season Champ: Chicago Bulls
MVP: Ben Simmons
Finals Teams: Warriors vs Toronto
NBA Champ: Toronto Raptors

Lockback fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 17, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I will win the simulation no doubt

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Like hell you're taking the trophy from the rightful champions, The Dallas Mavericks.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Guaranteed to go far in this sim, it will respect my depth!!!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Nov 4th Update.

Our year has started out hot! An by hot I mean there were a crapload of injuries in the first few weeks:

West Records:

East Records:

Some Highlights so far:

Westbrook leading in PER at 29.0
Lebron #2
Jamal Murray at #9, putting up a 20/5/2 with 28/44/86 split and a 64% TS%

Trae Young looks like the best rookie, though its a really close run between him, Ayton, Carter Jr, and Bagley.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

Like hell you're taking the trophy from the rightful champions, The Dallas Mavericks.

Mavericks have started the season 3-7

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

I will win the simulation no doubt

76ers have started 3-6

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Otto why didn't you wear your thigh pads

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'll get more screen shots with more stats around the 1/4 mark.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Worried about my team's precipitous decline after a good start

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lockback posted:

76ers have started 3-6

Bad starts can be overcome 😤

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Worried about my team's precipitous decline after a good start

Doncic is only putting up a 14/3/3 on bad shooting %s but thats because Ben Simmons feels threatened and went super saiyan, nearly averaging a triple double.

Simmons early stat line is:

20/11/9.3/1.5/1.5 shooting 25% from 3 (yay!) and 53% from the field. He's not getting the line much yet so his PER is really good instead of best in the league.

Gary Harris is averaging 25 a game and John Collins is putting up really solid numbers and average 14/10

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

quote:

Jamal Murray at #9, putting up a 20/5/2 with 28/44/86 split and a 64% TS%

My man.

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
Look at my boys scoring 100+ ppg.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can't wait for the Knicks to utterly crush this league

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Nov 17th Update:

East/West Leaders:

Power Rankings:
https://twitter.com/GodsNBAWill/status/1025200755316281345

Lol, Kings are trying to tank already

Season Awards so far:
https://twitter.com/GodsNBAWill/status/1025202252250836993

I'll do a bigger post tomorrow night and sim us up to the 1/4 mark. People who are posting and engaging here I'll try to send some tidbits on your teams. So far things are shaking out pretty predictably except our champion Celtics are below .500.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

Can't wait for the Knicks to utterly crush this league

In my first post Lebron started kinda slow, but just had a monster run of games including blowing out the Cavaliers by 39 points :lol: He actually just sat out the last game with a heel thing, so something to watch.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Shroder is the highest scoring Pelican so I think that is why they are bad.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Fake news

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I haven’t played 2K in a long time but I’m 100% sure my team is going to be awful in it. Does it still let you set the playbook to historical teams if so set mine to the SSOL suns unless you don’t wanna get into that in which case carry on friend

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

I see the 2K gods are balancing things after my Suns team last year unexpectedly ruled the West by having everyone on my Kings fall apart insantly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hell yeah Denver :toot:

e: highest PPG in the league I think?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My best player hurt for 6-8 weeks and we still have a winning record

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I'm being conspired against. Again.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

I haven’t played 2K in a long time but I’m 100% sure my team is going to be awful in it. Does it still let you set the playbook to historical teams if so set mine to the SSOL suns unless you don’t wanna get into that in which case carry on friend

You set general themes like Grit and Grind, Pace and Space, etc. I just set everyone to "Balanced", as the coaches are messing with the lineups quite a bit too.

Harlock posted:

My best player hurt for 6-8 weeks and we still have a winning record

Kyrie was killing it too before he got hurt. And that sentence is a good indication this simulation is pretty accurate.

IcePhoenix posted:

Hell yeah Denver :toot:

e: highest PPG in the league I think?

Yep, Tatum is beasting too. 20+ PPG on like 32 minutes per game. Lowry has had a pretty bad start to the season too, so if he starts picking it up your team could go on a tear.

Ayton has taken over as leader on the Timberwolves. This roster REALLY liked the rookies I guess, even though the overall ratings weren't super high.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

You set general themes like Grit and Grind, Pace and Space, etc. I just set everyone to "Balanced", as the coaches are messing with the lineups quite a bit too.

Kyrie was killing it too before he got hurt. And that sentence is a good indication this simulation is pretty accurate.

Yep, Tatum is beasting too. 20+ PPG on like 32 minutes per game. Lowry has had a pretty bad start to the season too, so if he starts picking it up your team could go on a tear.

Ayton has taken over as leader on the Timberwolves. This roster REALLY liked the rookies I guess, even though the overall ratings weren't super high.

Weak, I specifically want to run a billion pick and rolls with my elite 1-5 pnr team and a bunch of shooters and never do anything else in the regular season

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raps with the best point differential in the east, which as you all know is the only stat that matters

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
8-1 in conference play which means the west is still loving brutal somehow

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Concrete evidence I was robbed in the voting

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I build the Suns to be resilient to injury and I get none of the injuries in the first weeks, blergh

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

wait, there's a stat for "team chemistry %"? what's my team chemistry % lmao

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

my man nikola already collecting two player of the weeks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

wait, there's a stat for "team chemistry %"? what's my team chemistry % lmao

Player personality, how much they care about winning and if they are, etc.

G-Hawk posted:

my man nikola already collecting two player of the weeks

Early MVP.

Durant is playing pretty well, but the rest of your team is slumping. Lou Will is playing straight bad, Randle is only kind of OK, everyone else is disappointing. I think the lobotomy I gave Brad took a lot of wind out of the Celtics sails.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
2k saw right through my "get two stars and hope for the best" strategy I see.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

homphgomph posted:

2k saw right through my "get two stars and hope for the best" strategy I see.

I'll look when I get home, I think Klay missed a bunch of games with onesy-twosy stuff. I know Embiid's numbers were very good though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will need periodic updates on future sixth man of the year Zach LaVine

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
i'm here to watch my young team get the 9th seed for 5 years in a row

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

*cough cough*

The refs.. are conspiring the keep my boys from winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

My F'in luck trying to be funny with the title.

Timberwolves caught fire and were within a game or 2 of #1 in the west and Kevin Love breaks his loving arm. DMC is back in Feb so that will help but drat. Posting this so I don't just roll back.

Other injuries at the halfway point:

Trevor Ariza Torn Left Bicep. Might be out for the season
Budd Hield: Right foot stress fracture, will be back someitme in Feb prolly
Same for Donovan Mitchell
Jingles broke his leg, will be back in Feb
Lauri Markkanen is almost back from his torn right MCL

I'll post a halfway point update in a little bit when I'm done raging.

Hint: We got a new leader in the West, and it's a surprising one

• Locked thread