Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib
Hi Noot!

Here is queen Mackerel. She excels at staring into space and generally creeping people out with her space cadet ways.

She enjoys that favourite pastime of cat-kind, fitting into boxes that are far too small.

Queen Macksy is best displayed in bright morning sunlight.

She has a long and storied history of sitting on things, especially games consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib

ewe2 posted:

What lovely torties and calicos! I prefer the name "cream tortie", "dilute" seems vaguely offensive :v: But cream torties are very beautiful!

Also, as alluded, these cats have very emphatic personalities, despite what scientists say. Noot is extremely talkative for a domestic short hair, she makes 7 distinct noises, and being still a kitten, demands that I play with her; she particularly likes being chased and will often fluff up her tail and zoom around. She loves to play-bite and it's proving difficult to train her out of it. Is there such a thing as the tortie stare? Sometimes Noot sits there with her ears flattened and her eyes bugging out, usually watching me, it looks like her confusion reaction, I'm not sure.

Yes, Mackerel is fairly vocal as well. Not like Siamese-level vocal, but she has a high pitched "meep" she uses on a regular basis, usually out of excitement when food is being prepared, or when she wants scritches. She is also a prey chitterer (chitters at birds and things she can see out the window).