Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Torres is the guy who won his last fight via his opponent knocking himself out with a pro wrestling move right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah and then the guy said that he’d beat Torres 9/10 and the only time he’d lose is if he knocked himself out again.

I watched that fight and I believe that guy.

Also from now on I know Torres as 5 foot gaethje.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

"I saw him go from the worst wrestler in the world to the Olympic champion 11 months later" -Daniel Cormier, brought to you by job security.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Vitamin Boss posted:

thanks, not gonna bother lookin up the decisions then :cheers:

Early prelims were pretty dope though, check those out. (see below)

Mr. Nice! posted:

That’s gotta be the most total strikes in a first round ever.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Im glad this fight is good and not bad.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Do welshmen not need legs to stand? Holy poo poo this fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

30-26 29-28 and 29-27...hmm okay.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I love it when guys are introduced as "A Kung Fu fighter"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

The Dave posted:

uh kevin holland is awesome?

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Looks like holland is fading for real now, great fight though.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CALIFORNIA

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I feel like it's been a while since we've seen Herb.

diesiel posted:

Holland is like a bad tony fergie

Considering that was his UFC debut on 2 weeks notice that's a pretty good starting place.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

For a minute I thought I missed that happened tonight and was quite confused.

Brut fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 5, 2018

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I was actually expecting this fight to be better than this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

If you can run a lap around the octagon on the buzzer you can try going for a knockout when your opponent is wobbly with 30 seconds to go!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

When they announce gate totals they should tell us the percentage of those tickets that were comped for fighters and celebs

If you're trying to sell out an LA card "X celeb is gonna be there" is a pretty good way to do it, though I would bet Anthony Kiedis bought his own ticket.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Cub vs "My name is" Moicano LETS GO!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Kiedis is one of those celebs who actually bought a stake in the UFC when WME offered stocks to their clients so I imagine his tickets are covered.

Ah yes the preorder bonus.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I just looked up UFC ref pay per events

That's almost as depressing as looking up fighter pay

Refs aren't locked in with UFC and operate across multiple orgs, since they technically work for the commissions.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

slev posted:

I like how he called for a shot at a fake belt and not the real belt

Well he can't exactly call out Holloway while he's injured/dehydrated/idk, and he also can't call him out while Ortega is next in line and happens to be Moicano's only loss. So if he's already gonna call Ortega out he may as well try to get a (fake) belt out of it, I think he deserves it for learning English.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

I love that graphic. "FIRST AND ONLY UFC FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION, #2 POUND-FOR-POUND FIGHTER IN THE WORLD." His opponent? "Uh, he's won back-to-back fights." :gbsmith:

It says a lot about that division that he was streaming on twitch for 3+ hours per day until July 28th while most of the roster would be in a focused fightcamp of some sort.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

holy gently caress he's a ninja

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Rogan is saying Cejudo is bleeding heavily but I don't see any blood dripping at all???

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

For a fight that started with 1 fighter being unable to stand 20 seconds in, this was really good.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

49-46, 47-48, 49-47

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

Really not interested in seeing Cejudo at 135 ehhhh

It would still be better than watching TJ find out he can't make 125 anymore.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lloyd Boner posted:

Good on the two fuckers who voted TJ/Cejudo in the poll

I didn't know Sal D'Amato was a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

The guys at 135 really look like they are in a different sport than 125. I don't have a lot of confidence in either DJ or Cejudo moving up

DJ was basically saying he wasn't being paid nearly enough to consider moving up, TJ was gonna (try to) come down to him.

If TJ ends up wiping the floor with Cejudo at 135, I still would definitely want to see that.

• Locked thread