Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fedule posted:

Oh man.

The really astonishing thing about Nioh is that despite being so good it always feels like complete horseshit when things aren't going well. I mostly put this down to the Dark Souls cancer eating away at Nioh's beating heart.

The flip side of this is, it will make for spicy LP material!

Honestly though, if it were me I'd be less concerned about the inputs and more concerned with the minutiae of enemy attack patterns and tells. That may be my experience being warped by NG++++ (I think, I've lost count), which seems so far to be basically a test of "how encyclopedic is your knowledge of this boss's roars?".

Its Team Ninja, same people who made Ninja Gaiden.
The game itself may have a lot of dark souls influence but that ninja gaiden dna is still there and very obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crystalgate posted:

You have a bow, a sear and, well, two swords. You just need a samurai armor and you will look like a proper Samurai!

Anyway, about the enormous spears, the twice the length of a man spears are way big, but it's also worth noting that spears in Dark Souls are tiny. The pike is reasonable long if it was called spear instead, the spear called spear is a joke.

There was a bit of an arms race with pike length at the height of pike warfare. the side with the longest pikes and tightest formation tended to win the push. so Pikes could get pretty loving long, long enough that they had to rest it on the man in front's shoulder to make them actually usable.

And yes about spears, they were usually made to be taller than the person wielding them, seeing that keeping your target in range and you out of theirs is how fights are won.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I propose a swiss army polearm.