Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Wonder why the decision was made that RDO should only use like 2 songs from the games score. Feel like I'm wandering around in silence most of the time.

On another note, today's patch seems to have actually brought back a lot of old really annoying bugs like XP not actually working and some daily tasks don't register at all.

FungiCap fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Bounty hunter is the only role I gave up on because of how R* tedious it was, glad to see it got an addition.

Who exactly is this stand alone RDO designed for?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Take Two likely saw how easy it was to get gold and told Rockstar to fix this.

Holy poo poo they just poo poo the bed so hard, especially considering Cyberpunk is in (theoretically, anyway) eight days.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pantslesswithwolves posted:

RDR2’s single player was one of the best and most satisfying gaming experiences I’ve ever had, but man, this thread is doing a great job of killing any interest I might have had in RDO. Is it actually fun? It just seems like kind of a grindy slog.

Bounty Hunter role is pretty fun imo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Having two reward slots for the premium pass but only giving out a double reward at level 100 is hilarious, especially since it's almost all filler.

Fortnite is doing their next pass in like seven hours so it'll be interesting to see the quality difference.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Take Two likely saw how easy it was to get gold and told Rockstar to fix this.

Holy poo poo they just poo poo the bed so hard, especially considering Cyberpunk is in (theoretically, anyway) eight days.

I don’t think they’re really competing with Cyberpunk. Even if they are, GTAO is dropping a huge update on the 15th. I’d be surprised if RDO brings in all that much revenue itself, especially as it seems like it’s gotta be like two guys working on it at this point

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the whole team is off working on porting rdr1. We get the interns rehashing content for RDO. Seems weird they haven’t really hinted at anything now that new console are here.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

zooted heh posted:

that's pass is a joke. Holy poo poo. the only thing worth getting in that pass is maybe the shot gun ammo pouch. Fast travel at wilderness camp? Who the gently caress actually uses that feature?

Fast travel from a wilderness camp will be great, if I don't feel like horsing off to the nearest fast-travel post. Way the gently caress up north in the Ice Zone, for instance, or having filled up my inventory on Iguana Island. (Watch there be no campsite on the island - don't think I've been back there since WC became available.)

My shine shack is waaay the hell out of the way, that little building at the bottom of the plateau southwest from Macfarlane, so it's either east until you go up top, or west to Armadillo. Fast-travel from the shine shacks would be nice, but WCs will do.

Also, the only use I've had for wilderness camps has been to cook seven coffees for the daily. :P

Deactivated my solo lobby thing, still no legendaries but no hackers spotted yet, kind of a nice change.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Oberst posted:

Hahaha gently caress you rock star

edit
I just really hate this "contempt of player" getting worse from them and other big game companies like all companies when they get big enough.

rap music posted:

What the gently caress I just bought standalone RDO only to find out I can't import my PS4 character. What a fuckin scam.

Really? I thought your online guy was a universal account thing like GTAO, that's dumb.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 2, 2020

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

What the gently caress I just bought standalone RDO only to find out I can't import my PS4 character. What a fuckin scam.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Ygolonac posted:

still no legendaries

That's really unfortunate. In my solo lobby the legendary animals are tripping over themselves to get in front of my bolt action/.22 rifle. I had a huge legendary bear run in front of my wagon while I was delivering moonshine, and I thought "Ooo you sonofabitch. If I wasn't trying to keep this stupid wagon on the road I'd wear you as a coat."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Well i logged onto RDO i got 200.21 golden ducats which i guess is going to have to last me forever!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The new clothes are pretty ho hum, and all the bounty gear and buckles being EDGY SKULL is so loving tacky.

Didn't know we had Hot Topic in 1898.

Give us more weird spooky items, less gold skull gear that looks like it fell out of a cartel lieutentant's closet :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the super bounty hunter stuff looked like dogshit a hard pass

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I've defend rdo alot, but nerfing streak gold has definitely ruined any chance of me slurping up every tiny precious bit of content rockstar shits out

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

that horseshoe hat is the dumbest loving thing

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

gently caress me for wanting to hop back into rdo without giving up 155 levels of progress

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Clavavisage posted:

Bounty hunter is the only role I gave up on because of how R* tedious it was, glad to see it got an addition.

Who exactly is this stand alone RDO designed for?

GTAO people. Trouble is, they're still playing GTAO.

In all seriousness how and the ever loving gently caress aren't heists a thing yet? Just let me blow up a bank and rob it. How has it been YEARS and they continually miss the biggest slam dunk possible? Goddamnit.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

rap music posted:

rap music posted:

gently caress me for wanting to hop back into rdo without giving up 155 levels of progress

Why would you assume it works that way without first looking it up?

Never bet on the side of Rockstar doing anything that is consumer friendly.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

fennesz posted:

GTAO people. Trouble is, they're still playing GTAO.

In all seriousness how and the ever loving gently caress aren't heists a thing yet? Just let me blow up a bank and rob it. How has it been YEARS and they continually miss the biggest slam dunk possible? Goddamnit.

It's so ridiculous that they've ignored everything that the genre is known for.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
LOL, "fast travel from Wilderness Camp" is listed as a higher-level pass reward pamphlet.

But it works *now*.

Less funny: game refused to let me turn in collections via the postal system, had to drag my rear end all the way out to Nazar.

Non-solo lobby, after fast-travelling (from WC, of course) back to camp to rebuild hy horse-stored outfits, and the Tatanka popped right next to my (moved from solo location but still Heartlands) camp.

New Bounty Hunter eyepatch looks... ostentatious, but not horrid. They should add in a big Peso or gold eagle dollar coin with a couple holes punched and a rawhide cord as an eyepatch, get the whole Yagyū Retsudō tsuba thing going.

What's that, four or five cartoon-animal buckles in the Pass? Saddle up, Legendary Furry spotted...

Late edit: almost forgot, "cook multiple meats" pamphlet, best in the bunch.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 2, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

pantslesswithwolves posted:

RDR2’s single player was one of the best and most satisfying gaming experiences I’ve ever had, but man, this thread is doing a great job of killing any interest I might have had in RDO. Is it actually fun? It just seems like kind of a grindy slog.

All I want is singleplayer DLC... :(

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Vichan posted:

All I want is singleplayer DLC... :(

You'll never get it. The closest thing you might maybe see is if they do rdr1 in engine.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I both hate the changes to the streak rewards and simultaneously feel freed.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Dameius posted:

You'll never get it. The closest thing you might maybe see is if they do rdr1 in engine.

I hope if they ever do it, they give you the option to switch between the characters in the postgame. It sucked being Jack and not John in RDR1 postgame, and then Arthur was so good I wanted to be Arthur not John in RDR2 postgame! Like use a preset model for undone missions whatever, Im surprised they never gave the option after complaints of it from RDR1.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

why cant more hackers be like the RDO guys who seem to have a sense of humor.

they phased me through the ground a bit and then made my horse very large

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 2, 2020

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

PlushCow posted:

I hope if they ever do it, they give you the option to switch between the characters in the postgame. It sucked being Jack and not John in RDR1 postgame, and then Arthur was so good I wanted to be Arthur not John in RDR2 postgame! Like use a preset model for undone missions whatever, Im surprised they never gave the option after complaints of it from RDR1.

I can’t see them giving that option when they’re so dedicated to maintaining the verisimilitude and poo poo of it, but if they did remake it I’d guess they probably would re-record and tweak Jack a little if they expanded on the postgame/everything else. I think his annoying uppity kid gunslinger that’s kind of playing dress-up thing was part of the point, but the VA work overall was a little lower quality than the standards they’ve established since then.

gently caress I hope they do that, RDR1 deserves a remake, most of the work is already done, they could make bank off PC purchases since it never released there originally, and it’d be an easy way to double dip on RDR2’s success by selling both with upgraded 4K/60 versions on the new consoles. GTAO continues to basically do GTA SP release numbers every year so there’s no rush to push a 6, what else are R*’s single player teams working on anyway?

I know I’m just rambling but I’m just trying to will this poo poo into existence

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
I'm dipping my toes into Online, and sometimes the game loads with the audio really quiet. Then, if you come out of the game and restart it the audio is at normal level.

Jesus Christ.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

PlushCow posted:

Just let me play as Sadie cowards! :argh: And whatever you want too, just give me Sadie.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

apropos man posted:

I'm dipping my toes into Online, and sometimes the game loads with the audio really quiet. Then, if you come out of the game and restart it the audio is at normal level.

Jesus Christ.

this happens to me too but i can fix it by alt tabbing and going to the volume mixer

i figured it was just broken on my machine though because i sometimes used that to turn the game volume down so i could listen to podcasts while i hunted for collectibles so not sure if it's the same problem

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
I'm using pretty mainstream hardware. B450 system with a Ryzen 3600 and RTX 2070S.

The only difference is that my audio goes through USB to a Behringer DAC before being output to a pair of Logitech speakers.

It's never normally a problem in other games (including RDR2 before Online came out).

I'm launching the game through Steam.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

apropos man posted:

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, same here, it's pretty annoying to have to change it back every single time.

Oh well, at least random disconnects are back!

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I was not playing when the first legendary bounties came out are they rotated once a week or something? The menu just shows all the older ones I’ve already done.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Mandrel posted:

what else are R*’s single player teams working on anyway?

I've been waiting eight years for Max Payne 4 and I'll keep waiting.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

spaced ninja posted:

I was not playing when the first legendary bounties came out are they rotated once a week or something? The menu just shows all the older ones I’ve already done.

go to the $$$ poster and you should have the option to scroll between the regular $$$ bounty, the new prestigious $$$ bounty, which seems to be unique to each poster and be a slightly more involved multistage version of the regular bounties, and the new legendary bounty, of which there is only one at the moment

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Ok that’s what I figured. Gotta gate alllllllllllll that content they gave us.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

yeah a lot of the clothes and content will be drip fed out over the next few months

make sure to check in every tuesday to see if there are any cool hats you want to buy!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

spaced ninja posted:

As the new bounties are drip fed, they'll be in the legendary bounty menu.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

yeah a lot of the clothes and content will be drip fed out over the next few months

make sure to check in every tuesday to see if there are any cool hats you want to buy!

Yeah. This channel here is a pretty good source on new clothes, simple and right to the point, shows clothes for both guys and girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSElS4TlZLU

Like so.

Edit:

So do you not get bounty XP without buying the new license first? Did a regular one and I'm still at 0 XP at level 20.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 3, 2020

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bloodcider posted:

I've been waiting eight years for Max Payne 4 and I'll keep waiting.

I was massively disappointed by Max Payne 3. Almost every scenario feels more "on rails" than it used to, with far more enemies popping up out of bounds. It's weird and it feels like it should be a lightgun game or something. Effectively killed my desire to ever see another Max Payne, despite the first in the franchise being absolutely impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

fennesz posted:

I was massively disappointed by Max Payne 3. Almost every scenario feels more "on rails" than it used to, with far more enemies popping up out of bounds. It's weird and it feels like it should be a lightgun game or something. Effectively killed my desire to ever see another Max Payne, despite the first in the franchise being absolutely impeccable.

I mostly agree, 3 was awful, but if remedy managed to do a Max Payne 4 I’d be all over that. I still rock my max payne 1 mouse pad at work. The thing has seen better days but I can’t give it up.