Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

I realize that these are all bullshots but what platform would make the game look that good?

ps4 or xbox? I mean, GTA 5 came out like...5 years ago now? It looked pretty great on last gen consoles and when it was re-released for current gen it looked better-er-er. I'm assuming the lack of giant cites, cars, pedestrians and what not being around you 90% of the time gives Rockstar the time to just make Red Dead just look beautiful.

Though, I'm sure a few of those shots might be played up, but I honestly believe they just built the engine up over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Ok I was just curious if the game would really look that much better on the Xbox pro S max or the PS pro but no one will really know till it launches I guess.

I'm sure they will have PRO/S options. What options they will have, no idea!

Besides how good the game might look, I wanna get a donkey :colbert: if they aint no donkey i aint no buying!

*I pre-ordered day one :ninja:*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I know it won’t happen but I really wanna see normal vs pro/x footage prior to launch, I don’t wanna upgrade just for one game but if it runs like trash and takes a year to load I may need to bite the bullet.

I'm also worried about this. I don't have a pro AND my ps4 has the "doesn't want to leave disk inside so it shoots them out" problem. So this is gonna be a digital buy for me...I mean, I'm sure the game will look amazing no matter what ps4 I have, but I don't wanna get jipped out of the full(real)experience .

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nolgthorn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjIlIyr7DqE

Here is 10 minutes

Man Rockstar is really up against it with all these leaks.

I like how it tells you what "crime" you committed when you get wanted. I wonder if they got one for, "A.I decided to jump right in front of you while riding/driving and got themselves killed."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope I can ride a giant pair of horse balls.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Give it time for this to be included in the online.

I grinded for the drat donkey in red dead 1 i'm sure as hell going to grind for some fuckin' horse nutz

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Horse testicle engraving DLC just announced

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m gonna be so friendly to everyone :)

Same, I'm going to be the rootin' tooninest nicest cowboy in the wild wild west/north. Shooting deputies...a smile. Petting all dogs. Refusing prostitutes and not gambling!

I'll be a drunk though. Like, 100% plastered at least 60%of the time.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shoehead posted:

But what will you be like in game? Ahohohoho

U kno it :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-lX573Ca8

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 25, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Lord, have mercy!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In this day and age, console comparison videos are somewhat pointless. Game looks great after watching a few diff videos/streams. A comparison video to a PC would be something I'd like too see, obviously.

So, any 4k SUPER ZOOMED IN PICTURES OF HORSE NUTS YET? :maga:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:yeshaha: finally, horse falling tech has reached it's peak!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Have any of you played Mafia 3? You literally shoot up a clan meet up with like a tommy gun.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Comparison report for Ataria 2600 and Commadore 64 plz The world must know!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobo Clown posted:

I have all 4 consoles and am playing all 4 versions simultaneously and can confirm the horse sweat looks a WAY BETTER on the XBox

PS4 players just put your copy in the garbage already

Oh god :qq: what have I done

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gay Horney posted:

I saw a screen shot of your guy bathing and apparently you have to scrub each limb individually which is fuuuuuucking hilarious

sometimes a lady will help ya scrub down for additional cost

4 real. And on the xbox version the controller vibrates on your junk and tells you how superior you are

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gay Horney posted:

I'm going to have sex with a human man and then play this game

Same, except instead of a man its beer. And instead of sex its drink. Copious amounts.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully horse balls

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't matter if you ain't got a 4K t.v anyways.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Using my 1080p samsung monitor for my ps4 so idk wtf I'm doin

Call of duty black ups 4 looks pretty good on there so idk

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: game looks great on base ps4 and I can pet dogs. 10/10

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Substandard posted:

So I've got a question about something relatively early in the story relating to Micah I just broke him out of prison and went on his crazy prison escape adventure, .

now I have a bounty of like $300 which is a ton of money for where I am in the game. Is there a way to avoid this? Is there a way to clear it without dumping $300?

Walk into a sheriff office and surrender. Let them arrest ya. It'll be a Triangle prompt on ps4 and the Y button on Xbones.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone with a base ps4 or ps4 have had any crashes? I went on a GREET spam trip and spammed "hello, mister" and "Sure our nice people in this town" it every npc as I trotted through Valentine and my game crashed :tinfoil: I'm hoping it was just a overheat issue as I was playing for like 8 hours straight and not a pressed Square way to much and too fast problem.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Jet posted:

I find it really weird that people are insisting that being a bad guy has no rewards when the whole point is that by being a dick you get everything you want for free.

Yeah, I mean, just steal what ya want so no money wasted. Maybe they are upset about there being no cool outfits for being a baddie. I can see that as being a valid annoyance.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy hunting, my only issue is when I bag a perfect skin off a large animal and stow it on the back on my hurse I always seem to run into a stranger out in the world that needs a ride, but I can't give em a ride if I got a legendary bear skin on the back! Sorry lady!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

meatsaw posted:

Not only that but they always seem to want to go in the opposite direction. I'm starting to play by my own priorities now.

"sorry ma'am but I gotta make this bear into a hat"

*shoots a whole flock of geese and rides over 1,000 rabbits as I exit*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never fully understood the dueling system in Red Ded 1 and I STILL don't really understand the dueling system in Red Ded 2. I understand what I'm supposed to do...but I get shot in the face like 90% of the time. that bounty in Strawberry to bring in a former bounty hunter alive that leads into a duel in a cave was incredibly frustrating until I figured I can just shoot his arm. I kept going for the gun and getting shot

Like, I'm supposed to hold down R2 to charge up my Dead Eye right? Then let go to draw my gun? Usually the other guy already pulled their gun out and I get blasted :smith:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoy the cocking of the guns everytime you shoot. I thought it would get annoying, but I've fallen into the groove of shoot, pull lever on rifle, shoot.

Does anyone know if I can ride a donkey? And or own a donkey? :catstare:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone seen my friend Gav?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got robbed in Saint Dennis the menace :smith:

GAV?! GAAVIN!>?!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Did a wolf write this post

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadlyHalibut posted:

It just doesn't show it right, keep dragging and it will pop up completed at some point. Also I found out it doesn't matter if your victim dies during it, just keep going.

:catstare: WHAT :catstare:

You mean I spent like 20 minutes with a guy behind my horse going walking speed for NUFFFIN?!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I talked to the foreman at the logging operation but I got interrupted while he was talking and I'm not sure what he wants to buy from me. Looks like I can sell him a bunch of stuff but it seems like there's a goal or something and I'm not sure what to do. I sold him a can of beans and he thanked me. Then I raided all their tents and stole their food.

I guess not really spoilers, but come back every now and then. It opens up a small lil' quest line.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone else get a Thunderstorm while Dutch is giving a speech at CAMP 3? Or was that just good timing for my game.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

same thing happened to me, was hoping it wasn't scripted but I guess not lol

AW MAN :^C it was pretty cool I gotta admit. MAYBE TOO COOL

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UnknownMercenary posted:

Any tips for the stupid Horseman challenge where I gotta drag a guy 3300 feet? Eventually Arthur just releases the lasso. Also this would be a whole lot easier to track if it kept the distance counter active on the screen while I was attempting ...

I recently found out you can drag a guy even if he's dead. So just hogtie a guy and haul rear end from like strawberry to rhodes.

Or do it the slow way like I did and trotted on a beach somewhere for like 20 mins because I didn't know the guy can be dead.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The marksmen challenge of getting a kill over 680 feet is the hardest thing I've been trying to do. The most I've gotten was 608feet and that's only because I hogtied a guy and rode my horse as far away as I thought I needed to go. Nope, off by 80 feet.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ultimate was the $100+ one correct? I got the Special edition. When do I get to join the beta :smith: Gonna watch these streams. GTAO was incredible with friends. Then the paywall hit, it hit so hard. It essentially killed the entire momentum of the group of buddies who played GTAO with us.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

meatsaw posted:

Although I can imagine, what changed with the paywall? Wasn't it there from the beginning?

You're right, it was always there. I guess our biggest complaint was that there was nothing to do and everything cost millions of dollars. Then they added more ways to make money, only to increase the value of cars/items. With each new expansion you needed at least $1 million or more to even start the new money making missions. Bunker, CEO, blah blah. Had to spend money to make money. Then had to play in a public lobby to actually make big bucks. Public lobbies on PC are full of hackers and people who want to watch the world burn. So making money was quite literally a chore. Took HOURS. We hated it. Easiest way to get the money was to spend real world money.

Anyway, I just want fun stuff to do out in the west is all. I grinded all the way to lvl 100 in Red Dead 1 to get me that Zebra donkey. Even back then, that was somehow more enjoyable than what GTAO became in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It's gonna be even worse in rdr2 it looks like.

:arghfist::smith: