Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I really hope rockstar starts the PC pre-load soon, i want to play this game so loving badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Can I not like, bang out the main game and go around cowboying on post game?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
GTAV did a nz release so I’m hoping I can play in 2 hours if daylight savings doesn’t mess things up

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Even in GTA deathmatches I used my controller until it was time to actually aim with the gun, why would you even wanna play this on kB+m

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I got to chapter two last night and called in sick today to cowboy even harder, I haven’t been this enchanted with a video game since like MGS3

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m near the end of chapter two (but did a FUCKTON of side content the second I got my fishing rod) and I’m still in awe with how good the dialogue and writing is, Arthur is my friend

Also in awe about all the tiny details stuffed into the game but I can jerk that off after everyone’s game stops crashing (it runs better than GTAV on my computer somehow)

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
If the map was as big as you guys wanted everyone would be bitching about how even more tedious and slow the game would be

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gay Horney posted:

Did anything ever come of those NPCs who had green eyes and looked like zombies that were getting reported a few months ago?

I was looking at this guy hanging off a tree and then a bunch of people exactly like this stumbled towards me until I caught a jackknife in the chest from the ‘zombies’ behind me.

It scared the gently caress out of me but I assumed they were like swamp people or some poo poo (nor could I find them again after respawning)

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo that's cool, I wonder if there's a mod that lets you configure a multiplayer character face so you can dupe your online char into single player.

It says in the instructions to remove it if you’re trying to play online, rockstar would 100% blast the banhammer on that

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Which is goofy as it'd just be a cosmetic mod for single player.

oh poo poo I’m stupid and read that backwards, you probably can

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I got to the first uhhh epilogue chapter and I still can’t believe the game ended like it did. there was some shaky writing in the middle and the villains kinda sucked but Dutch made up for everything

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Squirrel Burger posted:

history books are fun and all but really you should just watch deadwood

I stopped at the start of season 2 last year but I think ill jump back on that saddle

When the heck can we start talking about the story already, quit playing RDO people

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
John’s cowboy outfit is one of the sickest outfits I’ve seen in a while, idk why I love it so much

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I haven’t touched MP once but I’m finished SP and the thread really warmed me up

Anything y’all recommend to use with that 200 preorder bonus gold?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Chapter 6 spoilers I always assumed it was a set up by Bronte.

Dutch and Arthur both confirm it. Bronte was the one who tipped them off to it (and he was pretty justified since Dutch’s gang started EVERY problem in the game)

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

Trader role? Is that a MP thing? I should have said it's for single player and im only at like chapter 3 or something.

If you’re playing SP you’re just out of luck on that aspect. The game tries to remember your load outs but even that isn’t enough and you’ll spend chunks of time setting up your Arthur loadout, namaste 🙏🏿

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

Are there any chapter/time sensitive side missions/strangers found OUTSIDE of what your friends at camp might give you after chapter 5? I'd ideally like to not be locked out of doing any, but I've reached a point in the story where it feels very natural to only focus on main missions for a while.

I think after chapter 4 it’s smooth sailing on locked stuff

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

i am harry posted:

Everything is Dutch's fault.

100% agree, I hated him so god drat much and then the very last cutscene happened and I got more mad that he should have known better all along

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

Epilogue question: Can i get back the money that Arthur had eventually? I had some HARD EARNED 3k westernbux on him, somehow Marston teleported his guns to him, but not the bux. I was thinking about trying to go to where he fell next time i play, but i'm not super hopeful cause all i know it's on a hill somewhere north west of the last camp.

Finish the missions 😳

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I played RDO for one day and was constantly trolled in the story missions and free roam till I gave up after a few hours

I’ll join the goon discord for the next time I try it out but I felt it being way worse than GTAO

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
SP RDR2 was still the best thing I played all of 2019 and I’m mad PC players never talked about it in the thread because there’s new bugs every other day in MP

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
People say it was a bad situation that led Dutch to kill the girl but the first thing Dutch does in RDR1 is blow a girls head off after using her as a hostage (and only shooting her once he’s in the clear), I don’t believe it for poo poo

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
John still took the blood money at the end though, as much as it breaks my little heart with the whole wedding pictures and building a home he still rode out for revenge

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
RDR1 had John kill/capture the rest of his gang and they still backstabbed him, it wouldn’t have mattered

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Charles Mansion posted:

Really wish there was more post-game content in single player since RDO is trash.

Me too, I tried online and spent a week getting griefed by trolls and hackers before I totally gave up, though I’m hankering for more cowboy so I might try a evil run soon

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Hihohe posted:

Micah was picked up by the Pinkerton's riding home after guarma. He chose to snitch on the gang to stay alive as they'd probably execute him if he didn't say anything.

Plus they only went to Guarma because bronte backstabbed them (or front stabbed I guess since Dutch starts everything) and tipped the pinkertons off to the botched train station heist. If anything they were probably closing up on the gang really fast.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m trying to 100% complete single player and it sounds infinitely less tedious and more fun than all the MP stories the past 30-50 pages

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

I think it is, he also speak about how he keep killing innocent people for no reason.

I’m playing on a low honour run and the dialogue changes to how he keeps going on ‘killing sprees’ instead :(

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Zesty posted:

Arthur does go on killing sprees. All the time. "Honorable" playthrough or not.

I shoulda specified and said killing sprees on innocent people. Low honour makes the game feel so much more depressing than it already is even if the bandit challenges are a breeze

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
RDR1 remake :clint:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I bought 2 roles with my pre order bonus and still dropped the online within 3 days. I swear to god the only discussion about online is how buggy it is or how happy goons are from missing dailies and not having to play anymore (spice it up with a ‘is griefing the right way to play?’ discussion every other month)

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I wanna pretend rockstar isn’t updating RDO because they’re making the RDR1 remake dlc

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Dress up is my favorite part of any game and glad there's a robust system here. So many men and animals have died to feed Arthur's relentless appetite for fashion.

And art!

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Once they scale up the economy while barely adding any new content I’ll really curse RDO for dashing any SP DLC

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Is the navy colt in SP? They should add that in with the weapons locker and skin wagon

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Poker was all I did in release RDO before fire tornado bear storms that modders would dump on everyone made me quit for good

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Morter posted:

Has anyone been able to find a black Arabian horse in Saint Denis before being able to buy it? There's allegedly something tied to a robbery moment but I remember having that moment and I don't remember a nearby horse. It's likely patched out by this point but I wonder if anyone's run into it nevertheless

That couple near the town square, if you gun down the thieves they just walk away and leave a black Arabian that you can take without issue

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Rains falls has it worse than everyone else in the game I think, the fact he isn’t hellbent on revenge is the biggest heroic feat

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

I didn't even consider going back for the money. That's not what would've been Arthur's priorities considering he had been absolving debts and handing out money before his death

not if you play as low honour Arthur who still thinks he can get out west and ride out his sickness :baduk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah even if low honour isn’t canon and it’s a shorter play through it’s still worth it for all the extra poo poo you wouldn’t have seen (and Arthur going back for the money is insanely powerful) plus it’s more fun to do a 100% file with low honour