Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
On the train level how in the gently caress do you “reverse the grapple” (PS4)

EDIT: I literally just did it by mashing every single button on the PS4 controller as fast as humanly possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

esperterra posted:

Avoiding bounties seems to be mostly reliant on making sure you get the gently caress out of the red circle during the investigation phase. In town tho I think it's more likely to get an immediate bounty b/c lawmen are all over the place.

Yup, I’ve done a whole bunch of crimes with witnesses and not gotten a single bounty because I tend to peace out ASAP after committing a crime, even without a bandana or a disguise. I even managed to beat an O’Driscoll Boy to death for giving me guff right on the outskirts of town in broad daylight; I didn’t even bother to chase down the witness I just hopped on my horse and got back to camp. No bounty and I went back into town the next day without a problem.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

who cares about bountys, just shoot the fuckers who are trying to kill you.

Well yeah, that’s one way to deal with them, but a lot of people in this thread were complaining about how annoying bounties were; we were just pointing out how they’re actually pretty easy to avoid in the first place

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I found that it’s much easier to get perfect pelts after I realized that I can just track down a pristine animal that I shot and didn’t kill right away—90% of the time it will bleed out pretty quickly and I won’t have to ruin the pelt by shooting it again (one-shotting the animal with the appropriate weapon is obviously preferred, but I’m not a great shot and this method saves a lot of frustration)

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I keep getting tips for robberies but the icons don’t appear on my map—do I need to move beyond chapter 2?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I’m assuming robberies are bugged? I’ve gotten two tips now and the icons are nowhere to be found on the map...

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There is no icon, you have to follow the directions (it's in your log if you forgot, too.)

Thanks—I read somewhere on the internet that you have to talk to people at camp to initiate them, and I assumed there would be an icon.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
In the mission where you have to steal the oil tank: if you gently caress around too long and don’t do it, apparently John does it for you? Does something like that happen anywhere else in the game?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I just deadeye 3* tiny animals with the small game arrows from horseback and it hasn’t failed me yet

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Do the gun cases in home robberies respawn? My semi-auto shotgun disappeared into thin air and now I don’t have my preferred weapon for dealing with those bullshit wolf packs that spawn every time I try to skin a 3* animal I’ve been tracking for a long time :saddowns:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Gruckles posted:

Retry from checkpoint is broken. For some reason it sometimes loses found weapons even if they're supposed to be permanent, and death, being arrested, or even restarting the mission from the beginning does not lose them.

Lmao I wonder if that’s why I lost my semi-auto shotgun

I failed a “go fishing with Kieran” side mission literally as soon as the cutscene ended because I “attacked my horse” (I did no such loving thing)

Now my second favorite gun is gone

Oh Red Dead :saddowns:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Just rebuy it. Money is not exactly hard to find.

I’m not too worried about getting another one, but that’s a pretty glaring bug

Like, I can get another gun, but someone who restarted from that one quest can’t exactly get another John, Jack, Abigail, or Sadie

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Something weird in Rhodes—there’s a question mark on the map right next to the gun store, and when I went there to look at it, there was a guy standing there staring at another guy sticking his arms out of a barred basement window in the side of the gun store. Basement guy was gesticulating his arms wildly but not making any sounds. It won’t let me talk to basement guy, and when I talk to the guy looking at him all I can say is the standard “Howdy! Hope you have a nice day!” or whatever. Apparently that’s all I can do here, and the question mark doesn’t seem to indicate anything else of interest. Is this a bug? Do I just need to come back later?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I saw it during the part in Chapter 3 where it keeps telling me that Dutch doesn’t want me to use weapons in Rhodes, and basement guy’s ? overlapped with the search area for one of Strauss’s debt collector missions, I wonder if those caused it to bug out for some reason. Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I got a robbery tip for the Rhodes gun store at some point

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Krinkle posted:

I'm sorry that story missions made the downes' ranch abandoned because it was close to the trapper and the only place I know of to get oxen.

Emerald Ranch and the farm near it have oxen sometimes

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I hosed up a random encounter due to a combo of engine jankiness and my own overzealous shooting, and I was wondering if it ends any differently than “thanks mister!” (positive honor ding)

From Lemoyne:

I was wandering around the swamps when a guy flagged me down and said that his wife had been kidnapped by two guys and dragged to a nearby cabin. I tracked down the cabin and opened fire on the guys with a shotgun, killing them but also knocking over a lamp that set the cabin on fire. When I went to cut the woman free, Arthur promptly decided to put his arm around her shoulder and lead her to a bed in the corner of the cabin...which was on fire :saddowns: she died instantly after sitting down on the bed, and this was followed by me getting a negative honor ding (I had no control over this, Arthur brought her to the bed automatically

I just wanted to help those people dammit

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

the woman gives you some money and then huddles on her bed as she tries to get over the trauma of nearly being raped

i didn't see her or her husband again

Good job Arthur :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Arthur is great, but if you played “Jim Milton Rides Again” and are still going “durrrrrr John sucks” then I don’t know what to tell you

I’ve seriously been loving the epilogue, it’s a great wrap-up to the series (given what happens in RDR1)