Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hihohe posted:

Im actually kinda excited for rd online. Id like to roleplay outlaws with goons

:same: :clint::hf::clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
RIP Union Cavalry hat. I barely knew ye.

At this point it's like Red Dead Fortress 2: Ultimate Hat Collector except you can't hoard hats.

Which, of course, is dumb.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Goonside gang rides. :clint::clint::blastu: :bahgawd::bahgawd::bahgawd:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

So the dude that invites you to his cabin and then you wake up later with all your cores drained...

Vampire or rapist?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
I was surprised to find myself still fully armed in the pit after being drugged by the incestuous cannibals at Aberdeen.

Did they think I wouldn't come looking for them?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

uncle w benefits posted:

I was surprised to find myself still fully armed in the pit after being drugged by the incestuous cannibals at Aberdeen.

Did they think I wouldn't come looking for them?

I figured what the gave you was supposed to kill you but Arthur is badass and slept it off.

Why they didn't loot your guns I guess is just video game logic :shrug:

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 4, 2018

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uncle w benefits posted:

RIP Union Cavalry hat. I barely knew ye.

At this point it's like Red Dead Fortress 2: Ultimate Hat Collector except you can't hoard hats.

Which, of course, is dumb.

If it's a special hat, then you can't actually lose it. It will just go back to your inventory and be on your horse as far as I know.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ravenkult posted:

So the dude that invites you to his cabin and then you wake up later with all your cores drained...

Vampire or rapist?

I don't know, but he took a $1.00 from me, which is exactly the cost of a hotel room for the night. And I had a ton of cash on me at the time too, like several hundred dollars.

Also, I feel a little silly after the Valentine Bank Robbery mission because now I'm running around with over $2500 on me.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
You don't have to actually "hunt" the legendary animals. Somewhere in the area there will be a "?" on the minimap that starts a tracking-chain that always leads to you getting the drop on the animal. If you use the special vision mode the "?" is visible on the map further away.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've explored a ton of stuff and still haven't found any cool hats :downsgun:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also allergic to molotovs? O'Driscolls who happen to be in a caged wagon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
looks like i've got the bug that wipes characters out of your camp

is there anything significant that gets lost from this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

I've explored a ton of stuff and still haven't found any cool hats :downsgun:

The small island off the coast of the camp in Chapter 3 has a wrecked boat with a tricorn hat in it.

Also, just wondering if drinking from the witch's cauldron does anything? Arthur just passed out and woke up a little bit away.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

I’m sensing some really random and non western references though.

Like when the cult leader asks Aurthur what he loves. And he responds with “turtles”.

My dude, the cult call themselves the Chelonians. Arthur was trying to placate.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I need to bookmark the page, does anyone have those chapter diagrams?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Kind of a broad question but what items are worth crafting? Are there any non-obvious mats that I should be hanging on to? I'm near the end of Chapter 2 and haven't done much hunting yet beyond just taking out convenient nearby animals and the legendary bear mission that you get really on. Only thing I've crafted is a double holster at the trapper, which ended up being a poor decision because I got one for free like a mission or two later.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You can completely ignore the crafting if you don't like it, the things that improve your character power are entirely overkill for how easy the game is. If you like hunting you can make funny costumes at the trapper if you like any of them, that should probably be your main concern.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Welp, I was randomly roaming around and, as I am want to do, head toward what looks to be a random cabin I see on the map.

Head inside and see a letter on the table. It's written by a confederate soldier to his northern, abolitionist wife about his lamentations. They were supposed to be fighting for 'States' Rights' and kick the poo poo out of some northerners for trying to impose their will on 'em but, hey, turns out the south was super in the wrong and now they were probably going to die on top of that because everything's falling apart. He was hoping he wouldn't die but looks like he did. And then his wife basically just went on until she died because there's her skeleton on the floor how'd I miss that.

I love this game for just random stuff like this.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Tumble posted:

Does anybody have any idea where you can reliably get animal fat? I slaughtered an entire field of cows and didn't get a single bit of it.

I've heard pigs regularly have it but I don't know where any pig farms are. Aberdeen was uhh... a bit misrepresented on that map to say the least...

I'm at the point right now where I'm perfectly willing to wipe out an entire farm and the people that work on it just to get my precious animal fat.

Ducks and Geese. Troll around rivers and lakes, and slaughter them with the .22

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

My dude, the cult call themselves the Chelonians. Arthur was trying to placate.

That and the cult symbol is a turtle. When you press turtles, it looks like arthur takes a look at thier attire and is like "aha, I got it"

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I’m assuming robberies are bugged? I’ve gotten two tips now and the icons are nowhere to be found on the map...

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Javier is Puss in Boots.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sheen Sheen posted:

I’m assuming robberies are bugged? I’ve gotten two tips now and the icons are nowhere to be found on the map...

There is no icon, you have to follow the directions (it's in your log if you forgot, too.)

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Qubee posted:

you won't find a legendary unless the popup shows that says "you've entered legendary territory", this means it has spawned and is available to track. I've got to legendary spots and not had this popup, and I have had the same exact experience as you. but when I go to a legendary spot and this pops up, I usually find the legendary really easily. so I usually gently caress off and go do something else for a few days, then go back to see if the thing pops up.

I was getting the notification for entering legendary territory, repeatedly . The problem is, it always said that there was “too much activity” in the area. That was a list of poo poo I tried to get rid of whatever “too much activity” is, so the bastard would spawn.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wait, where do you take baths in this game? I just realized I haven't washed my dude since I started. No one's commented yet, but maybe that's because I took a swim recently while treasure huntin'

And in more tales from the frontier...I'm an outlaw who's an outlaws worst nightmare. So far I've stumbled across a couple of morons busy hammering away on a lock box from a wagon they hijacked. I stayed a good distance away and after they succeeded opening the box I shot em both while they celebrated. I took the contents for safe keeping.

Then later as I crossed a plateau near the choo choo track I overheard a trio of O'Driscolls in the midst of a railway heist. I watched as they robbed the train and killed the crew and passengers. The O'Driscolls began to ride off while commenting on how much fun that was. One dead eye later and I was looting their corpses.

Sufficed to say I'm always wearing my bandana.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There is no icon, you have to follow the directions (it's in your log if you forgot, too.)

Thanks—I read somewhere on the internet that you have to talk to people at camp to initiate them, and I assumed there would be an icon.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Sheen Sheen posted:

Thanks—I read somewhere on the internet that you have to talk to people at camp to initiate them, and I assumed there would be an icon.

Some robberies are missions given by your gang friends. Others are things you can just stumble on by yourself and get tips for from strangers.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

They're in the log but all they basically tell you is "somewhere in the north 60% of the map"

Ask me about spending the last hour exploring the entire northeastern quadrant looking for a robbery tip, finally googling it to find out that it was a building I already went to but cant get in until chapter 6

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I did the Catfish Jackson home invasion and now I feel like a piece of poo poo. The fifty bucks really wasn't worth it but there were like two or three premium cigarette packs and a few loose cigarette cards so... Sorry Catfish, you had to die.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I wound up starting over because of the missing characters bug. Did the mission with Hosea for the legendary bear. I got the bear and then tried to ride out to the trapper. Managed to get stuck on a mountainside twice, did a couple of stranger encounters, and loaded up my horse with pelts along the way, including a couple of perfects that I hadn't gotten before.

Finally made it to the trapper's wilderness camp after about 2 hours. Went to trade him the pelts, somehow accidentally shot him, and immediately turned off the console.

Never had an issue with the controls until this, I did get mildly annoyed.

Hihohe posted:

Im actually kinda excited for rd online. Id like to roleplay outlaws with goons

Same. A lot of us are rolling with the LLJK crew we use for GTA, here's the crew thread if anyone wants in, it's multiplatform.

I've also set up a PSN community for cowboy goons, search communities for "Obscuridad del Santo JeffK" and send me a message to let me know you are goony af

AndyElusive posted:

Wait, where do you take baths in this game?

Hotels offer a bath for a quarter and you can get a handjob for like an extra 50 cents

One of your camp chores includes filling a washbasin at camp so maybe you can wash up there too?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fellatio del Toro posted:

They're in the log but all they basically tell you is "somewhere in the north 60% of the map"

Ask me about spending the last hour exploring the entire northeastern quadrant looking for a robbery tip, finally googling it to find out that it was a building I already went to but cant get in until chapter 6

It really feels like if you want to make a game where you can't just follow map icon after map icon like a braindead Ubi formula game, then you should probably not have a bunch of invisible progression blockers that get in the way of this stuff.

I get that they want you to have some sense of progression but it kinda sucks when the world is super well realized to run into poo poo where you're blocked from proceeding without good reason.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The gently caress is up with the flaming hellspot outside of Rhodes

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

DrNutt posted:

Man I did the Catfish Jackson home invasion and now I feel like a piece of poo poo. The fifty bucks really wasn't worth it but there were like two or three premium cigarette packs and a few loose cigarette cards so... Sorry Catfish, you had to die.

I snuck in the back door and hogtied him while his son hid under the bed. He cursed me out the whole time I was looting his stuff so I left him tied up there. There is a letter in the house from his ex-wife to his son saying how he was an abusive alcoholic to her so I don't feel too bad about stealing his poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Friendly Fire posted:

I snuck in the back door and hogtied him while his son hid under the bed. He cursed me out the whole time I was looting his stuff so I left him tied up there. There is a letter in the house from his ex-wife to his son saying how he was an abusive alcoholic to her so I don't feel too bad about stealing his poo poo.

I took it that the letter was being hidden from his son, but the game didn't let me go in and tell him that he should go to his mother

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Yeah that dude was a drain on that kid who seemed put together i think arthur even mentions it. The kids honestly better off. I of course didnt know this when i shot him but catfish was also very rude.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this win 3 consecutive games of dominos challenge is loving awful holy poo poo. games are 20+ minutes each and naturally your progress isn't retained if you stand up and save between games

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

lets hang out posted:

this win 3 consecutive games of dominos challenge is loving awful holy poo poo. games are 20+ minutes each and naturally your progress isn't retained if you stand up and save between games

That one is easy, it's the one before it that's a ball ache

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Friendly Fire posted:

Man mine went entirely different from both of these. In my game he was one of the late-chapter debt missions, not a home invasion. I found him fishing and told him his debt was owed, and he walked me up to his house and made his poor son pour us some whiskeys and the son was like "another one?" and he snapped on him. When I walked over to get the money off him from under the cupboard he pulled a knife and loving slashed me, so I choked the gently caress out of him. His son ran to the bedroom and gave me $50 he had been hiding from his dad to settle the debt. It was a major bummer all around.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I spent like 10 in-game days in Big Valley camping and hunting in the area near the trapper and legendary buck. There's loads of stuff there - ram, cougars, wolves, bears, boars, snakes, a legendary fish, elk. I even saw a big moose swimming across the lake :3: It's great because the trapper is so close by that you can get tons of crafted gear and a few master hunter challenges out of the way. You don't have to worry about those high tension long rides with perfect pelts where some random encounter threatens all your hard work. I also got mauled to death by a giant grizzly and it was some Revenant poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i just spent 3 hours playing dominos and aren't any closer to getting it than i was when i started so i loving disagree