Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

I think I've been Mandela'd because I'm from a timeline where the initial announcement confirmed this was coming to PC and everyone was super hype about that fact.

:negative:

It didn't say it was coming to PC. A lot of people just assumed it would, because “hey, everything comes to PC now!” If PC gets it, it will be in a couple of years.

I don’t know what Mandela’d means, though, so I might be misunderstanding what you mean.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nah, there's zero chance it looks better on the Pro.

It'll probably look the same. The X should make everything look better, but so many games don't look any better on it. I don't know if it's developers not using what is available or what.

I'll be surprised if there's any serious difference in terms of looks.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Tercio posted:

And that thread equals verification? Like official word?

No.

There has been no official word. The map itself is based on one from Trusted Reviews, but about 2 fifths of it are imagined additions to that one, and the original it is based on isn't 100% for sure real.

The bottom left bit, from Thieves Landing down, is completely speculation. We think you'll revisit Armadillo, and one or two other places in the previous game, and some people have read that to mean the entire previous game's landscape is in this new game. Someone is stretching with this map to imagine how that would look. It could very easily be that those older sections are just for cutscenes, or more likely used in the same way GTA 5 has a map for the prelogue that then never shows up again and isn't reachable.

There is some real wishful thinking in that thread. With people being certain that the map is going to be way larger than GTA V's map, for example. Which is pretty much ridiculous and not even slightly feasible.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 17, 2018

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

What about PC players?

Luckily, PC players won't have to worry about RDR2 controls.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Zutaten posted:

I really hope Rat Hat isn't a special hat and is indeed what you get when you turn a rat corpse into a hat.

I hope it's a paid dlc.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Or even worse. Not at all, like the first one.

Oh yeah, I really doubt this one is coming to PC.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Walrus Pete posted:

What're the odds this game will be able to maintain a steady 30 FPS on a regular PS4? I'm not crazy, I don't expect 60, I just hope it doesn't spike all over the place.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't a nice, steady 30 FPS on a regular PS4.

It won't perform badly, you'll just have reduced definition textures, effects and draw distance.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I am hoping there will be paid DLC to let me grow a beard in online mode. I don't want every idiot to have one, I want it to be paid.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

friendly 2 da void posted:

I'm going to play no hud no radar first-person.

On PC :mad:

You're doing the ultimate.

No HUD, no radar, no graphics, no sound.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ultimate Mango posted:

I need to upgrade from my PSPoor to a PSPro for this don’t I?

You'll get a solid 30 fps on the PSPoor.

Obviously the PSPro will have nicer graphics, and will be faster, but the PSPoor will be fine. They'll cut the draw distance and lower the LOD, so it will run fine on the older model.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

I hope they're not leaving it out of multiplayer again.

I hope it's a paid DLC.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

Red Dead Redemption is literally the only video game I would play other than the occasional urge to do some 'Craftin'. I threw my 360 out in 2014 and am console-less since.

I'm really torn up if its worth buying a new console just for this, especially since I'd go the lowball route, which appears to be a 1TB XboxOne or 500gb PS4. I've been pumped for this game for soo long, but looking at consoles idk what to do. I guess the cost of XboxLive really makes me lean towards PS4. blegh.

And my thought is, if there was a sizeable amount of goons to play RDR2 with for a couple of years it might make it more worthwhile.

Is Xbox live that much more expensive than ps plus? I don’t own an Xbox so no idea.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

davebo posted:

So the implication is that in addition to the timed exclusives in-game, Sony paid Rockstar to record all promotional materials on a PS4 Pro, then Rockstar specifically mentions in the videos that everything captured is in-game footage, but DOESN'T mention that it's on a Playstation? Doesn't seem like a very beneficial arrangement for Sony.

No, it’s ridiculous and didn’t happen.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The Bold Kobold posted:

I'm pretty sure you can name your horse.

You name it by thinking "I'm going to call this horse 'Barry'."

Then, when you ride him, you remember "I called this horse 'Barry', I remember!"

Then when your character is getting off the horse, you mumble under breath "Good boy Barry" and you hope no-one heard you say it.

That's how it works. It worked last game, too.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

or do I have to wait for the PC release of RDR2 ?

Hahahahahaha.

You're cute.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

ThomasPaine posted:

LA Noire had some pretty well written three dimensional characters, so they obviously do have the creative talent when they choose to

Remember, Rockstar didn't make LA Noire (although they lent Bondi some people to help at one point when Bondi were clearly not going to meet their deadline) they just published it.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

UrbicaMortis posted:

lol, I bet. Even if the 100 hour week thing is just a few people, there's no way they don't have most people doing insane crunch time. 50-60 hour weeks are indefensible too and I doubt if you're a random programmer you get to just shrug and leave at 17.00 instead of doing reams of unpaid overtime.

I know this is how the whole games industry works but it's a little dispiriting that even Rockstar, a company that is basically sitting on a dragon's hoard of wealth, can't just hire enough people to make games with a healthy work schedule.

Just to be clear, it’s not unpaid.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

pyrotek posted:

Forcing myself to wait for a PC release is going to be difficult.

It's going to be an unending wait.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Junior G-man posted:

Is there any way to peacefully resolve those random encounters with (usually) one person in a camp in the wilderness who says something like "I don't like strangers, get outta here"?

Yes, there is a peaceful way top resolve those encounters. You leave and get on with your business.

Do you mean "Is there a peaceful way I can go and take his stuff?" Then no. Just man up, shoot him and accept that you're hella evil.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

cubicle gangster posted:

What's the deal with loading saves always changing poo poo up.
My horse died so I loaded a save from 5 minutes before and I was miles away from anywhere I'd ever been and had a completely different horse.
Every time I load a save Arthur is in a new part of the map I've never been to, a good couple minutes from where I was when I saved. Is this supposed to make it feel like he's off doing stuff while I'm not playing? It's just confusing.

Mine always loads a little from where I was, and makes sense, because you wouldn't camp near a road or town, so for me it seems to make sense as I imagine he's been camped while I've been away.

I always have the right horse and gear though.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How do you mail the carcass for A better world, a new friend?

I’ve only got the rabbit so far but it won’t let me mail it out. Do I need both at once?

yes.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh man there are good and fun things about this game. I just spent five minutes having a 4-way battle over someone’s mail delivery quest and I ended up winning and I got an achievement.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 2, 2018

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I'm pretty sure they have patched those two horses that appear in the very north of Saint Denis.

I go look there every single time I ride into S Denis, and they are always Morgans, Kentucky or Tenesees. Checked it probably about 20 times since the patch a week or so ago.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I wonder if any of the high level rifles with custom ammo will be able to do one shot to the chest insta-kills. Building around that might change the current varmint rifle meta

The Varmint Rifles aren;t 1 shot head shotters at long range, are they? I assumed that was regular rifle only.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

kecske posted:

I did the mission where Kieron(?) leads to that camp where he says Colm is and at the end I looted a shotgun off the fireplace. I already had 2 long weapons so I dropped my carbine for a second while I went to stow the shotgun on my horse outside, turned around and went back in to retrieve my carbine and got flagged as Wanted for doing so?

At least I got a ton of pocketwatches off all the lawmen that turned up.

I doubt you got Wanted for heading back into the house.

It might have to do with the 20 dead bodies you're still quite close to.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

I only had a 154MB patch to grab, uh oh :ohdear:

Me too.

Also I guess it’s time to grab a free Amazon prime account so I can get the free bounty hunting role.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The thing that works for me is sending my horse away before accepting the bounty. The black screen is the game popping you on your horse, if he's not there, it doesn't happen for me.

Then call him back after a few moments and get started.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

GeorgieMordor posted:

Roughly what's the best horse you can have around rank 21-30? I've grown attached to my starter horse but she's a bit too slow lately.

Everyone is going to say something different. A lot of people are getting to rank 20 of their favoured role, and the horses from those are head and shoulders above anything available at 20-30. Otherwise the chestnut Arabian is great for the money.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Just got the metal detector and I believe someone had mentioned you could use riding a horse? If so, that is no longer true.

It still works.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Weird. I got a message that it couldn't be used from horseback.

Is it really just a matter of running or riding around until I blips then digging up whatever?

Pretty much. Ride to places, take the none road routes where possible, when it triggers run around till you get the dig site.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

They need to add like 8 new breeds for players to own, the selection is not great. There’s lots more dogs in game.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like they should make placing the camp free until they fix the bug that makes it disappear without your permission

Money is so trivial to make after this update that a couple of bucks a few times a day is nothing.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Are online characters tied to console or social club accounts.

I would love to keep my current PS4 character, but I don’t think I will be able to resist the ridiculous PC graphics and will need to buy it for the new platform.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

You could buy the same expensive coat you’re wearing, in a different color

Money is so trivially easy to get that you can buy pretty much anything.

I expect prices will go up.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

A few friends and I will be playing the game for the first time once it releases on PC next week. We will not be doing any single player stuff for the first month and plan on just spending all of or time on multiplayer and squeezing in the campaign in the rare time that we've got time to play but nobody is online.

How does the multiplayer work for in this? Will me and my pals be able to roam around as a gang and pvp other gangs? Is there a coop campaign or at least multiplayer quests? I've avoided a lot of spoilers for the game until I finally have a chance to play it, but I want to make sure it will be something 3 or 4 people can have fun playing together for a while

I get that you want a multiplayer experience.

However, just in case you hadn't been paying attention to news and reviews, the single player of this game is outstanding, and the multiplayer is okay.

I play the multiplayer all the freaking time, and enjoy it. But jeesus does it not live up to the single player.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Never bothered with the poker. Is it super low stakes, like the single player version?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Rockstar are really slowballing the online portion of this game. I was expecting them to try milking the players, but they seem like they don’t want our money.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The idea that Red Dead's SP isn't worth the price of a regular AAA game blows my mind :)

That said, it is a single player game. The online pales by comparison (though there's real potential, if RS could ever get to grips with it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Red Oktober posted:

I finished it last week, the epilogue was the only part I didn't really like.

I had become really attached to Arthur, and on top of that it just seemed to be a load of busywork. I get that's the point, but it doesn't mean I want to do it.

RDR 1 was perhaps my favourite game of all time, which makes the epilogue much more fun and meaningful.