Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello and welcome to round two of the NEEEEEWWWWW WWE Prediction game.

Link to the form is HERE

Predictions for Takeover are due by 4PM EST on Saturday.

Predictions for Summerslam are due by 1PM EST on Sunday.

As before, point tiers are determined by me based on a combination of how I feel and how WWE wants me to feel.

Takeover isn't worth very many points so I don't care if you don't like me including it!

No bonus points for posting in the thread but, in honor of The International 8 starting today, post your best comparison of big DotA 2 moments and Wrestling moments!

an edit!

IcePhoenix posted:

I just want to clarify that the "name them" option for an NXT person showing up at Summerslam is a "double or nothing" option, in case that wasn't clear.

If you picked a person and want to switch it to a "yes" instead, or you picked yes and want to switch to a person, please quote this post and say so before....we'll say 3PM EST Sunday.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
when the guy beat the boss to win dota it was like the big dog vanquishing brock lesnar, the worst champion ever!

man when youve got an on-screen character saying that your big star special attraction multi-sport champ sucks poo poo, what is goin on where is your head at how did it get here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid beating LGD at TI3 is like Luger slamming Yokozuna FOR AMERICA because it was a super awesome moment for an underdog American team to beat the powerhouse foreign team and nobody actually remembers that what happened afterwards was a disaster.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I probably haven't seen dota2 at all in my life unless maybe a dunkey youtube video used dota2 footage as a joke about league of legends and i couldn't tell the difference. i compare this moment to the time i was entertained by any member of the og bullet club.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 16, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i did it i posted on time

whats a dota2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Submitted.

WWE is a lot like DOTA2 in that the majority of the world are surprised to learn it still exists, but it's also somehow making a ton of money and nobody can really figure out why.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I voted for the most depressing and frustrating answers possible, because I fully expect that to happen.

This booking team is like watching a bunch of tryhards lose to bots.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I put in a thing. DOTA 2 is like Raw, in that every instance of it takes three times as long as it should and the people who care about it enough to post about it on the internet are insane.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Until this topic went live, I never knew how much I wanted KO to win the Briefcase and cash in on Brock.

Brock, known Diverticulitis-haver, then proceeds to do the Shane McMahon "OOOOOOoooogh. OOOOOOOOGH. UGGGGGGHH" powerbomb sell and KO is champ.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dota 2 is like calling someone great up from NXT and doing nothing with them

Dearth
Of
The
Almas

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i don't know enough about Dota2 to even make a joke about it. personally i didn't like predicting NXT matches because i don't watch or care about NXT because watching NXT and also regular WWE at the same time has to be like psychological torture and i wouldn't do that to myself.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna pick my fantasy booking so that way I'm mad when it doesn't happen and double mad when I get no prediction points.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh sorry my Dota 2 comparison is that Roman Reigns is the Techies of WWE in that even people that sorta like him just wish he wasn't there.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I predict Takeover will be very good and Summerslam will be overall bad with a few good matches. I don't play or watch Dota 2 op.

bartok
May 10, 2006

DotA 2 fans do nothing but bitch about the game yet keep playing similarly to how we keep watching and bitching about WWE.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't even know what Dota 2 is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
"Leave Japan to me" - Vincent 'VKM' McMahon

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The international being in the Rogers Arena this year is like how wwe house shows came back to the Rogers Arena after like over a decade recently.

It's big to me. :smith:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

WWE is like DOTA in that I have no loving idea what that is

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saint Freak posted:

Oh sorry my Dota 2 comparison is that Roman Reigns is the Techies of WWE in that even people that sorta like him just wish he wasn't there.

This is my favorite so far.

Takeover locks tomorrow!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

bartok posted:

DotA 2 fans do nothing but bitch about the game yet keep playing similarly to how we keep watching and bitching about WWE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just want to clarify that the "name them" option for an NXT person showing up at Summerslam is a "double or nothing" option, in case that wasn't clear.

If you picked a person and want to switch it to a "yes" instead, or you picked yes and want to switch to a person, please quote this post and say so before....we'll say 3PM EST Sunday.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Submitted.

WWE is a lot like DOTA2 in that the majority of the world are surprised to learn it still exists, but it's also somehow making a ton of money and nobody can really figure out why.

I was trying to come up with something clever, but drat, if this doesn't work perfectly.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
gently caress Dota and gently caress wrestling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone who enters after right now has the odds site bookmarked and pastes in what it says because they need to win. all excuses or meltdowns about not reading the forum 24/7 are extreme lies. Don't trust.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cavauro posted:

everyone who enters after right now has the odds site bookmarked and pastes in what it says because they need to win. all excuses or meltdowns about not reading the forum 24/7 are extreme lies. Don't trust.

:hmmyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Christina Aguilera: Follow Your Dreams for Windows 98

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CarlCX 97
Wazzu 84
Cavauro 84
Petit Gregory 83
bartok 80
plsh 78
Greekonomics 78
Namtab 77
Jerusalem 77
Wiccan Wasteland 76
wandler20 76
Vaguido 76
Benne 76
Fentry 75
Aphrodite 74
nonrev 73
Senerio 72
Erainor 72
21 Hoot Salute 72
Procrastinator 71
Buzzsaw 69
TTBF 68
IcePhoenix 68
Go RV! 68
Pins 67
Metalocalypse 67
Maigius 67
Chris James 2 66
Veryslightlymad 65
TheRico 65
super macho dude 65
Venomous 63
Liquid Communism 62
illcendiary 62
Saint Freak 61
ShakeZula 60
Raskolnikov38 59
MotU 59
DarkstarIV 59
plsh 58
Junpei Hyde 58
dear richard 56
pen0r 55
Netsky 55
Incessant Excess 54
Eltoasto 54
TV Zombie 53
achillesforever6 53
4 inch cut no femmes 53
Xerzes 52
Cage Kicker 50
Accident Underwater 50
SamuraiFoochs 49
Quasipox 49
Insertnamehere31 49
Endless Mike 49
D.N. Nation 49
shiksa 47
Gaz-L 47
WatermelonGun 46
Action Shakespeare 42
Sir Plus 41
fluffy bunnies 36
Baron Corbin 34
Numero6 31
bradzilla 28

:eyepop: CarlCX that's some drat impressive predicting my man!

sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S-sIgQ5A5D4nNnWjHKqmCnAkijvufJ7oXDRMuYE_96w/edit?usp=sharing

Also informal poll: Even though it really shouldn't be hard to do predictions in the like three or four days I give you before the deadline, should I change "no credit" to "half credit" for submitting late? I'd do it retroactively as well if so.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I did it based on time and just eyeballed it to the match order. I was also a lovely prediction game runner so take that as you will :) awesome job so far!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Golashes my dude you do not give yourself nearly enough credit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I actually did good for a change!

IcePhoenix you're doing a great job, thanks. And Golashes you did a real good job too, don't sell yourself short!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I knew I shouldn’t have bet on Becky.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Thanks friends. I still owe 17 final scores and gifts. Hopefully work doesn’t suck the next week and I can crank it out.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I should not have scored above 50 by literally picking the worst result every match. Good work IcePhoenix!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
man, i am bad at this! i dont know why im always surprised!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't know if I feel proud or ashamed.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol jesus christ

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

I knew I shouldn’t have bet on Becky.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh hey I did pretty well, tied with the wrestling mod who watches the product on time on the weekly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol the only main card title match results I got right were Joe getting a result that didn't let him leave with the belt, and Becky being the loser who took the fall

• Locked thread