Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A friend got me into this, and I'm enjoying my battleship waifu game. Sadly i lost my event Waifus because for some reason linking to my FB account failed to save my game so no more Bismark or Warsprite.l

How long until there is a new event? I figure I'll save my wisdom cubes for then, but if it's like 3 months away maybe I should use them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Estraysian posted:

There's an event tomorrow! Though it seems to be a very small one with only 1 ship in the limited build, that is also available from clearing the event stage a bunch of times. The global version rarely spends more than a week without an event so there will probably be a bigger one after that. Warspite isn't an event ship btw and is freely available, but it will probably be a long time until Bismarck returns.

Oh cool,I have about 30 saved up I can burn off. And yes I figured Warsprite was just a regular gold ship.

I've managed to get were was when I lost my progress, just starting 3.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kirtar posted:

Did you make sure it's on the same server? Every time I set up a new device (i.e. emulator) I forget to change it back to Avrora after logging in to FB.

Yea none of the servers had data on it other than Lexington which was still in the tutorial. It was super annoying but not like I put any money into it.

Here's my current Dock. I think I'm running the best ships, but it there's someone else I should be focusing on let me know.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 20, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I've only rolled heavies because my back row has been okay at best.

I'll throw those 3 ships in the 8 hour commission to level them some more while I'm at work/sleeping. It is kinda crummy there's no even build like during the Iron Blood one. That is what gave me all the SR ships.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh! I had no idea what the dorm room was for, or you coujd upgrade the oil and coin drops.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, I'll work on the 3 frontline ships until they get better, as i switched them with my current front line and lost 1k power. I'll start farming for The Shouhou as well. Though its best to just to go straight for the flag ship as soon as it appears, as the drop chance for the ship is highest from there I figure.

I'm still upset this even doesn't have an event build, that was so good for me, i got so many SR ships from that.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 21, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Crazyeyes24 posted:

When grinding for a drop, the boss node is the only one that can drop the full list. To ensure a ship does drop, you want to S rank clear it.

For time efficiency, you will want to three star/fully clear a node so you can drop the threat level down and make it easier. Once you have it "Safe" just head straight for the boss node each time. Hard mode maps let you turn on a 'clearing mode' when the threat is fully reduced which lets you skip straight to the boss fight.

Oh nice. I've got all 3* 100% on all 1 and 2 nodes in normal.

It's not that big of a deal that replacing my vanguard with the recomended ships made it go from 3200 to 2400?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gear makes me remember a question, does gear get auto equipped? I've opened tons of boxes but never have gear that's unequipped. They always have the equipped on icons in the corner.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, i'm just saving my loot boxes for now. Most of the poo poo I was getting was pretty crummy anyways. I still haven't gotten the Shouhou to drop, though I've gotten the Rodney to drop.

Ah poo poo, i got excited about another SR and its Eugen again. All the SRs I've gotten so far are the ones I already have, and you've mention they're not very good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I Got the Souryuu last night, the first time I completed the mission too. I don't know if I should switch out Long Island for her, or use her in tandem with Long Island. I mean carriers were the key to Pacific victories. I also switched Eugen back in for Suffolk because she kept dying long, long before every else.

I made it to level 30, so now I have the lab, which I'm not sure exactly how to use. Though It's going to need wisdom cubes, so is there a way to get them outside of just doing daily's and other missions?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hazdoc posted:

dont do the research missions that require cubes, they're bad

Good thing I haven't done any outside of the one they make you do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I totally seriously want a fleet of nothing but ships Eva characters were named after.

But I just need a second Battleship for my fleet to go with the Asuka.

So is there anything I can spend coins on? I haven't been able to spend enough to collect from the merchant in forever. Also what is the best usage of the diamonds? I'm tempted to get some big titty anime skins, but if that's a bad idea, then nope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

UHD posted:

objectively the best thing to spend diamonds on after you unlock all the dorm slots is more space. dock space in particular will get tight very quickly, but if you want big titty anime skins then by all means, that's what makes the devs the big bucks

coins are used here and there for basically everything: building ships, limit breaks and awakenings (leveling past 100), retrofits, upgrading equipment, upgrading academy things, some research, the general store sometimes has good stuff like t3 skill books and wisdom cubes and whatnot

I just can't spend coins faster than I'm given. I've been spending them like crazy and I'm hovering around 30k no matter what. And yea I want some big titty anime skins. My dorm is pretty sad right now, so I don't really think I need slots at this time. I had 1k just sitting there, so why not?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kyte posted:

It's normal to be swimming in coins early on. Buy some boxes or whatever, if you want to. You could check if you can upgrade your HQ buildings, too. Those eat a hefty chunk.

Treasure that feeling, because it won't come back.

Yea I've noticed a lot of mobile games have early on you swimming in money to only make it super precious later.

Why is 3-4 a good farm?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I'm better off just pushing forward, looking to unlock new levels or go back and farm up Shouhou?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually got Souryruu the first time I bet that level, just been leveling her to replace Arizona in my rear. She's got torpedo bombers which Long Island lacks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just spend 58 wisdom cubes and got nothing but common and uncommon ships for the most part, the few rares I got were shospires and repulses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Next batch of 8 I got gave me the Jean Bart so good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ratzap posted:

Don't blow your cubes on the first day. Let the 3 per day trickle you some and chase the stragglers when there's only a day or two to go.

Is there a benfit to doing that? Like do the drop rates change?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Glowworm worth using? Every time I get a ship that is notable I wonder if its worth bothering with. Though glowworm is mostly know for being absolutely wrecked by Admiral Hipper.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still don't get gear, or at least how its available. Like i get some gear from research, and none it is available to equip.

Also, the shipyard builds, those are tasks you can complete to unlock the ship right? So if I have a task that says "win 5 times with Eagle Battleships or heavy cruisers" I can complete that by just doing that, correct?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Estraysian posted:

You're getting blueprints for gear. If you go to the depot you can craft the actual gear there once you have enough blueprints.

Once you finish all the tasks for a specific ship in the shipyard you'll get that ship. There's no win x battles task though, not sure where you saw that.

It says Sortie and accumiate 2million exp using eagle Light or heavy crusiers, which I would assume means win battles using eagle light/heavy cruisers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't want to go "Hey is this ship any good?" but Mass worth working on? Also what are Monitors in this game? I think of them as shallow draft costal patrol craft, which seems hilariously out matched by even Destroyers in the game.

I accidently leveled one of the upgrade ships and now i won't let me burn it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can you turn purple boxes into gold ones? I never see the craft option with the purps even when I had 20 Royal ones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Heh I was thinking about that loading screen. Guess I'll open all the purples I got.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You can marry your ships? Are Any at least 18?

And yea, opened like 40, purple boxes and so many purp planes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ungulateman posted:

All of the ships are old enough to be your grandmother, but you still shouldn't marry the ones that look like prepubescent children.

Instead, marry Cleveland

I was thinking Dunkerque. A french lady with a sword, i'm into that.

Btw, as this is a big titty anime mobile game as well, does anyone play Brown Dust or if there's a thread about it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its not bad. Like there's lots of waifus, also husbandos. Combats not too either, alot about balancing defenders and attackers, placement and such. It's also crazy generous with premium currency.

So I blew all my cube shards and got (new) I-168, Yorktown, Unicorn and 1-56.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Friend who got me into this already ordered a copy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the buzz of the SR and finding it giving me another Takao.

Thanks, I already have 5.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't figure out if a ship is just bad or underleveled.

So here are my ships
SR
Prinz Eugen, Jean Bart, Mass, Takao, Le Triomphant

Rare
Helena, Souryuu, Emile Bertin, Dunkerque, Laffy, Cleveland, Houston, Indy, Arizona, Saratoga, Yorktown, Glowworm, York, Rodney, Unicorn, Erebus, Terror, Z23

Uncommon
Hammann, Portland, Pheonix, Jeneau, Chicago, Penn, Tennessee, California, Long Island, Zamazon, Achilles, Ajax, Arethusa, Galatea, Shropshire, Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk, Repulse, Le Mars

Not going to bother listing the common ships, but I just want to know whats worth leveling and such and which are good just to leave doing deploys.

My current fleet is Prinz Eugen, Portland and Emile Bertin (i just switched her for Helena), Jean Bart, Souryuu and Dunkerque.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I added to favorites all the ships you recommended. And yea that's why I want to know which are worth working for. I don't want to put good gear on crummy ships or spend resources in the academy to level up someone i shouldn't bother with.

Can I safely remove the gear on ships i'm not using? Like i'm not going to need serious backup fleets as far as I can tell.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I figured that.

Also, is 3-4 the only place I should farm? I'm up to 5-3 currently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't remember the last time I played a mobile game with thf sound on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized last night I had 100 wisdom cubes and even more finishers so I decided to blow them until i got an SR that I didn't already have in batches for 4. Got the Hood and the Atago from the game group of pulls. I looked around and the Hood is good, just not as good as Prince of Wales, and the Atago is about the same as the Takao.

I still have about 60 left

Aparently the Azur Lane Dojins deal with PTSD?
https://imgur.com/a/npjDvCO?fbclid=IwAR0X_2LdAEZZqLQQS7PPkqcFZDqlxBdd00kBC3ZK5QWpXsU1eeOVXtAUJIw
Its about as SFW as the game is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MotU posted:

there’s an event starting soon + anniversary so unless you REALLY want Centaur there’s no reason to roll for her as she is added permanently to the pool

Yea that was kind of my plan but I was all might as well burn off some cubes and maybe get new Waifus.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Got centaur in 16 cubes, so not bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh blew 40 cubes and only SR i got was another Takao.

But i'm getting tons of the event mission ships. Maybe I'll get a decent one from this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everyt ime I get that buzz and see the gold background of the SR I get excited, but its just another Takao. I have had literally 12 of those since I've started playing.

Also I promised myself to Jean Bart and uh

I should have known she'd be tsundre. How easy is it to get another promise ring? You guys have mentioned you have multiple waifus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SoftNum posted:

You can just buy them. If you participate in events you should have enough for a promise ring after a while. They're something like $10 "retail" when translated from gems, but there's a bunch of bonuses and there's a 2 pack for something like ~24% off each.

Nice, maybe when i get the Hood to 100 affinity I'll look into getting another one. I did blow my diamonds on her beach outfit though.