Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I can't make my tv, receiver, and xbox get along.

I have;

An xbox one x
Samsung 4k tv model number un55mu6290
Sony receiver model str-dh750

Everything works fine in 1080 but I can't get 4K going. All three are 4k enabled but I just can't seem to get them to cooperate.

Anyone know what's what here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dumb question: do you have certified premium cables on the whole chain?

edit: also it looks like your receiver is pretty old and doesn't specify HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2, have you tried connecting straight to the TV?

qirex fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 22, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Possibility that your receiver doesn't support HDCP meaning no picture. Try console straight to TV to confirm.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Console to tv yields 4k. Something to do with my receiver

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

HDCP is truly still the bane of the AV market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

HDCP is truly still the bane of the AV market.

It's a small price to pay to ensure that high quality video piracy has been completely eliminated and content creators are fairly compensated for their efforts :colbert:

• Locked thread