Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I don't think Jeff Fisher will ever come close to another NFL job, it became obvious in the last 2 years how stale his concepts are and how many years and talent he wasted going 7-9 4 years in a row with the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't think Jeff Fisher will ever come close to another NFL job, it became obvious in the last 2 years how stale his concepts are and how many years and talent he wasted going 7-9 4 years in a row with the Rams

Did he actually have any offensive concepts other than run the ball to keep his defense fresh? I feel like we should be judging Fisher only on his inability to hire someone worthwhile to run the offense and how his defenses did. Oh his defenses were pretty middling at best despite all that plus having Aaron Donald?

Jeff Fisher was Rex Ryan but not in a way that was abrasive and likely to implode in a catastrophic way. And apparently if you came up at the right time and had some success (real success to be fair) that buys you like 15 years of having a job as long as you aren't an rear end.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm not sure you can even peg Jeff Fisher as a viable defensive mind at this point- he didn't come up with the Wide-9, that was Jim Schwartz and Jim Washburn, and for most of his time with the Rams they were running Gregg Williams crazy bullshit.

Rex Ryan was at least the key defensive mind during his head coaching career.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Metapod posted:

Garrett isnt getting fired lmao

Jason Garrett is just NFC Marvin Lewis.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

People rushing to defend Hue after he finally won a second game despite starting a QB who definitely would have lost in that game is why the Browns will never actually be good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

King Hong Kong posted:

People rushing to defend Hue after he finally won a second game despite starting a QB who definitely would have lost in that game is why the Browns will never actually be good.

I don't think none of us were rushing to defend him. He won a game, hence he is now mild.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jeff Fisher is really good at developing defensive players

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Like who? Blue chip first rounders? They didn't need him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I feel the same but Jeff Fisher got fired eventually and I was sure he'd coach forever.

Garrett will be fired when and only when Jerry is somehow able to find an even bigger suckup willing to take his place

Not impossible overall, just for the immediate future

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Like who? Blue chip first rounders? They didn't need him.

1) being able to get consistent good production and improvement out of your first round picks is not a negative on a coach
2) the rams d and and the titans d were always deep when he was at the helm

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Fisher at different times had both QBs who faced off in last seasons NFC Championship game and did nothing with them.

Jared Goff went from looking like a complete bust to one of the best QBs in the league once he wasn't coached by Fisher.

Fisher's defenses have been relatively middle of the road since 2009. That's not enough to make up for everything else.

QBs are too important and even if the head coach isn't very hands on with the offense, it's still too much damning evidence for a team to ever take a chance on Fisher again. Maybe a job coaching defensive backs again, but he's probably not going to make enough doing that to come out of retirement.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Metapod posted:

1) being able to get consistent good production and improvement out of your first round picks is not a negative on a coach
2) the rams d and and the titans d were always deep when he was at the helm

No

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Did he actually have any offensive concepts other than run the ball to keep his defense fresh? I feel like we should be judging Fisher only on his inability to hire someone worthwhile to run the offense and how his defenses did. Oh his defenses were pretty middling at best despite all that plus having Aaron Donald?

Jeff Fisher was Rex Ryan but not in a way that was abrasive and likely to implode in a catastrophic way. And apparently if you came up at the right time and had some success (real success to be fair) that buys you like 15 years of having a job as long as you aren't an rear end.

His offensive concepts was basically “Run the ball directly into either A gap” or “run the first play from the i-formation in the madden 2004 playbook”

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Fisher was a troglodyte in 1999, never mind 15+ years later.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
fisher is going to be good in the XFL

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if jeff fisher was named geoff fischer.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Then he'd like Baguettes.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Hue went winless last season. Anyone reading this thread could’ve coached that team and gotten the same results. It’s astoudning that he still has a job.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No way should Todd Bowles be cool.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fire BOB into the sun

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

It's time to bump up Mike McCarthy. Team has too much talent to be this bad, offense looks bad and his defense hire hasn't worked out. Combine that with the fact Packers would be the clear #1 choice in the NFL to go to (best QB in the league, talent to work with, etc) and yeah.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah I'd be warming up Zimmer's and McCarthy's seats for sure, and I don't think BOB's seat could be any hotter without being gone

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Everyone is pretty tired of O'Brien at this point. It's just a matter of time until McNair is part of that group.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Marin Karin posted:

Everyone is pretty tired of O'Brien at this point. It's just a matter of time until McNair is part of that group.

Don't forget how long it took to fire Kubiak

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please update OP it has BOB as on the cool seat lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1043995379669192704

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bill O'Brien got an extension this offseason :lol:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Bill O'Brien got an extension this offseason :lol:

He owes 2017 Deshaun Watson 99% of that extension money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"O'Brien finally has a quarterback time to see what he can really do" *fart noises*

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1044025256195678208

Linehan gonna be Garrett's next sacrificial goat

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1044025256195678208

Linehan gonna be Garrett's next sacrificial goat

LOL at the Cowboys in this posters humble opinion

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah I'd be warming up Zimmer's and McCarthy's seats for sure, and I don't think BOB's seat could be any hotter without being gone

You don't warm up a coaches seat for losing one game, even if it's to the 2018 Buffalo Bills

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vando posted:

You don't warm up a coaches seat for losing one game, even if it's to the 2018 Buffalo Bills
Agreed, especially for an out-of-conference game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

what if jeff fisher was named geoff fischer.
this is my irl name

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1044320991697129472

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Staying very on brand here with terrible play calling and why wouldn't you keep ruining your franchise qb and waste his cost control years

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 24, 2018

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

adaz posted:

Staying very on brand here with terrible play calling and why wouldn't you keep ruining your franchise qb and waste his cost control years

lmao cowboys getting rick mirer level of qb play

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Maybe Dez is bad and Garrett is bad. Hmmm.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Detroit should easily limit Dak to less than 200 yards next week

So, therefore, Dak is going to light Detroit the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

Detroit should easily limit Dak to less than 200 yards next week

So, therefore, Dak is going to light Detroit the gently caress up.

:hmmyes: