Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The last great hurrah of the fourth generation of monster hunter arrives on the Switch tomorrow, the 28th. The QOL changes of World are hard to ignore, but the 15 weapons with 6 hunting styles each attempt to breathe new life into the creaking bones of an old and battered beast. Over 100 monsters, 93 of which are large meaning you'll be hunting for some time, with G Rank and Super Deviant monsters. Deviants are a twist to the subspecies category and the more you fight Deviant monsters, the harder they become.

A game that looks to the series past, present and future as you visit towns both new and old in what little story there is-- no walk and talk cutscenes here. Just some dialogue and a few familiar faces every now and then and you're back on the grind.

With Monster Hunter World quickly becoming one of Capcom's most sold games, it brings a tear to my eye to see something I've enjoyed for so long get the love it truly deserves. There's a lot that's esoteric and hard to get into with Monster Hunter, a series that tried so hard to not need or want to change that it's great to see it so loved by both old and new players alike. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate doesn't seek to change the formula, it wants to celebrate it one last time before seeing you off to the New World.

So don't put down that weapon just yet, good hunter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfA-SRcc6VY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdS-zVYuxVs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
m

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

can you import your 3DS save to Switch?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I got plenty of monhun out of world and this would be a big step back in a lot of ways..plus theres so many other huge games coming soon. If they released this over a drat year ago (released in march of last year for jp) I would've been all over it

i want the world version of this game real bad..seeing Deserted Island with the new graphics would be epic

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

can you import your 3DS save to Switch?

You can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm probably going to get this since I loved World but I want more monsters.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

I'm probably going to get this since I loved World but I want more monsters.

That and I've gotten spoiled with the portability. I'd play every game on the switch if I could. Pretty sure I can get over the learning curve.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Over There posted:

That and I've gotten spoiled with the portability. I'd play every game on the switch if I could. Pretty sure I can get over the learning curve.

I played 4U and liked it so I'm accustomed to 4th gen's oddities compared to World, but never stuck with it bc playing that game without dual analog was just a nightmare. Switch hardware is perfect for monhun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm getting the game OP

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Please add me for Monster Hunting SW-2180-6298-8713

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

The last great hurrah of the fourth generation of monster hunter arrives on the Switch tomorrow, the 28th. The QOL changes of World are hard to ignore, but the 15 weapons with 6 hunting styles each attempt to breathe new life into the creaking bones of an old and battered beast. Over 100 monsters, 93 of which are large meaning you'll be hunting for some time, with G Rank and Super Deviant monsters.

90 of those mosters are drome clones and other other 3 are khezu red khezu and deviant khezu

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've been back and forth about getting this, just looked over the monster list and I think I want it now. I never played Gen and the new monsters from that one look fun, and I didn't realize stuff like Duramboros and Barioth were back, I always liked those fights

Also forgot how many non-typical monsters were introduced in 4U, there was a nice variety of stuff like spiders and monkeys and fat sharks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh gently caress does Generations have swimming in it.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

90 of those mosters are drome clones and other other 3 are khezu red khezu and deviant khezu

Lmao i fought like a hr maccao and giaprey so far so yea

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

No

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This game owns. Have almost 400 hours in world and this has 10x the content. Over 100 final form weapons for each weapon type and over 600 armor pieces :stare:

It will be drat near impossible to run out of stuff to do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought this so I can play monster hunter when I'm away from my PC and can't play World.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I bought this so I can play monster hunter when I'm away from my PC and can't play World.

Same.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

Same but PS4

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

swimming was only in 3 but i think there was some goofy plesioth fight in generations where you had to get him out of the water so he could do the infinte hip slam that hits you even when you aren't even in the same area

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

swimming was only in 3 but i think there was some goofy plesioth fight in generations where you had to get him out of the water so he could do the infinte hip slam that hits you even when you aren't even in the same area

fishing the gobul and plesioth out of the water with a frog and the insane hitbox of the hipcheck ftw

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM2TZTGc5F8

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Friend code: SW-4709-5554-5494 if anyone wants to hunt monsters sometime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna add you but I'm only HR2 and I'm hunting every monster that is available because I love the content. Me and Hizke did a bunch of that for a while today and it was awesome. We should plan some more Pimp Zone Monster hunts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-Fe6KZycg

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah the only big monster ive fought so far is the great maccau or whatever. Still early in this game

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I’m going to go out and drink some beers right now but I’ll hunt some stuff tomorrow for sure

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MHW is definitely lacking in the music department compared to this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

with the OP, me, Tyler and Evil Eagle I think every monster in the galaxy should fear this squad.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

In Training posted:

with the OP, me, Tyler and Evil Eagle I think every monster in the galaxy should fear this squad.

:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also does anybody know where to find a Remobra. I cant even parse the Kiranico data on it. i wanna upgrade my badass Poison Gunlance.

edit: it appears they are on the Volcano map, which is available at HR3. I'll get there some day

In Training fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 1, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I vastly prefer the gathering hubs of old MH to the SOS system in MHW. In world it's very efficient to get exactly what you need at any time, which is nice, but even just a couple days with GU I had a French guy ask me what BRB meant, and a HR5 guy roll in and flame noobs for sub optimal gear, and a totally silent squad that efficienly whupped like 5 monsters in a row while I tried to talk to them. The hub system feels like a serious archive of old online and I love it. I hope they bring this aspect back in whatever World revision they do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some guy joined my lobby while I was gathering Adamant Seeds and asked how to get some specific carapace and I pulled up the console keyboard and painstakingly typed out "hunt Deviant Ligma" and then he DC'd. This is the greatest game of all time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Remobra are flying small monsters but I don't have the game yet so I dunno where they're found.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Added you, Tyler.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Planning on hunting all evening when I get back home in like a half hour, while watching Tekken. If we can get a Imp Squad rolling that would be cool.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

In the middle of moving a whole mile away. Will be on later to hunt monsters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

MHW is definitely lacking in the music department compared to this game

MH music has always been really great so the kind of subdued simple stuff in MHW was disappointing. this song is from the drat wii monhun and I know it's in XX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyRBYoKp48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpHXMbzdxpo