Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

what your read on imgay at this point?

Always a tough read but I lean town at this point, there are enough nuggets within the twaddle that seem sincere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Actually, the flavorful flip will be slightly delayed as I deal with a crying baby.

Hambeet, Town Mason was lynched D2.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

The president's advisors have convened to discuss the mysterious planet-sized fiery sphere of shadow. The military briefers start first: "Mr. President, this is unlike anything we've ever seen. We've launched a probe into the shadow but we've obtained no readings at all. Its impenetrable. But its clear its a threat." The briefing room is filled with murmuring and hushed whispers amongst those assembled.

Finally, a priest in a tattererd robe step up:

"Imagine that this thing is not anything that can be identified because it prefers not to be. Wherever there is life, it brings death, because it is evil. Absolute Evil."

"Tell me more" says the President.

"We have reason to believe that its intelligent and may be in contact with forces on Earth that are assisting it"

"Assisting it to do what?"

"... we don't know"

"Do we have any leads on who these Earth agents may be?"

An advisor steps up to the presidents desk and whispers:

"I've reviewed the circumstances surrounding Sgt. Tang's disappearance and we have a witness who says the last person seen with him was General Munro, sir. It was a ticket taker at the Ares spaceport. I have followed up on this and have reason to believe the General is working with the Shadow."

The President strokes his chin for a moment in thought. "Very well, arrest General Munro and keep him sequestered. Interrogate him."

hambeet, General Munro, Town Mason has been arrested Day 2!

It is now Night 2

Thank for you for those who have already submitted actions. Everyone else, get yours in soon once you've decided.

Lurker Warnings:

The following players have less than 10 posts on Day 2:
A Sometimes Food
The Ninth Layer

Consider this your prod/warning to post more. There no shortage of things to discuss in this game! If you fail to make 10 posts on any subsequent day, you may be replaced, modkilled, or made freely lynchable.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

As the government of Earth mobilizes to face the unknown Shadow being, tips begin pouring in about the possible identities of conspirators on Earth that are helping the Shadow. Many of the various sources interrogated by the police and government bring up a common clue: There is something important on Fhloston Paradise, and there is a lot of interest around the next shuttle that is scheduled to leave from Ares Spaceport. As the government agents arrive, the terminal is already in chaos. Apparently, there were a number of stowaways trying to board the ship. Many were caught, but how many others may have made it through? The government representatives order the shuttle grounded, but its too late! The ship has already departed and is jumping to light speed!

Aboard the ship, a distraught security officer contacts the bridge: "Captain, we've got a serious problem. The crew have found dead bodies in two cabins"

"Two?"

"Yes, one crew member and one passenger. "

Toalpaz, Officer Burke, Town Cop, was killed Night 2

Mr. Humalong, VIP Stewardess Amy, Town Odd-Night Doctor, was killed Night 2

It is now Day 3!

Also, Asiina has replaced GenericGirlName

Slamburger fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 6, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (17): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, ArbitraryC, Asiina, Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, imgay, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Lumpen, merk, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, The Ninth Layer, Tired Moritz, yuming

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 08th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I've set the deadline for Saturday night at 11. Saturday deadlines aren't always the best, so if people would prefer to extend it to Sunday, you may post ##extend at any time between now and 5PM eastern on Saturday, and if a majority of players vote to extend, then the deadline will move to Sunday at 11.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

I just reread yuming. Still scum. I am also additionally confident that A Sometimes Breakfast is scum based in yuming's posts, when yuming flips scum. Putting this on the record.

Vote yuming. I am sure.

Lumpen posted:

For the record, I wager that yuming knows exactly how Asphyxious's result came about.

If you reread her notice how gingerly and cautiously she ever refers to or mentions that result, and how much she avoids getting into any discussion about it. She's all about the tone reads which is very peculiar when there's a cop result and roleclaims on the table. My theory is that she is being overcareful not to risk mistakenly showing her scum knowledge about what really happened, since she can't be sure she can convincingly get her informed mind into an faux-uninformed perspective.
##vote yuming

A Sometimes Food is also scum.

Would also lynch:
SalThe Bard(formerly BK)
Tired Moritz(formerly TMM)
GenericGirlName, now Asiina, also still scum.

merk and imgay are maybes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im really not a fan of people wanting to lynch me just because I replace in. that's really stupid.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

My top scum picks are still Gaspy, Lumpen.

Considering they're now out as cop, real interested if they got an investigation off, I have to imagine Lumpen would be a priority.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Welcome to the game Asiina!

--

FYI that I'm running a fever/coming down with something. Will do my best to keep up with things anyway, but we'll see how it goes. I start traveling on Sunday, so not going to ask for extention on deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Looking through Toalpaz's history, there are two possibilities. His first post of the day:

Toalpaz posted:

Okay maybe we kill Lumpen today?

And then he followed this up by tying Gaspy to Lumpen. AKA, he had already decided Lumpy was scum and was looking for connections. He also then votes Lumpen as his first vote. This seems like the winner.

But second possibility a short time later:

Toalpaz posted:

I think AA is legit Town.

This one would be ironic given AA's weird Godfather gambit.

---

I'm leaning Lumpen here, and it matches up with what I was seeing yesterday.

##vote Lumpen

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, it is very obvious Gaspy is not actually a Cop now. So keep that in mind. To be fair, he didn't say he was, but I think now might be the time to get that full claim.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Their disbelief of Gaspy makes sense if they're the cop, but may not be indicative of Gaspy being scum if they have a different kind of investigative role.

And yes for the moment

##vote Lumpen

Especially as Lumpen would 100% be who I'd investigate night 1 were I a cop.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I note that we no longer are being given kill flavors.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually, I'm an idiot and I might have proof that beet wasn't bus driven. At the risk of putting a target on my head, I used my night action on beet n1. Specifically, I targeted him. My result was that my action was successful on beet. I'm not a bus driver or a framer, so it's probably easy to guess what I am. Point is, I was specifically told that my action happened on beet and not on anyone else. Now, beet could have been framed. Gaspy could have been redirected somehow. There's still explanations. But failing those, I think the result on beet might actually be accurate.
Humalong claimed a town power role. That explains that. Likely the scum kill. Not likely lynchable. Cast votes on D2 against Dick Bastardly and yuming.

My guess is Toalpaz was likely killed by an SK. Fits with my theory of an SK who's an experienced player. merk, TNL, or KB as a serial killer would be motivated to clean up the roster with that kill to eliminate a spazzy "low-info voter" from going further. imgay less so. No hint of a roleclaim that I saw, voted Lumpen and Asphyxious D2 so obviously didn't cop-clear either of us.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

im really not a fan of people wanting to lynch me just because I replace in. that's really stupid.

I still want to cuddle Tired as well. But it can probably wait a bit longer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
sorry I was out to dinner last night we tried a new place it was decent.

Lumpen posted:

I note that we no longer are being given kill flavors.

Humalong claimed a town power role. That explains that. Likely the scum kill. Not likely lynchable. Cast votes on D2 against Dick Bastardly and yuming.

My guess is Toalpaz was likely killed by an SK. Fits with my theory of an SK who's an experienced player. merk, TNL, or KB as a serial killer would be motivated to clean up the roster with that kill to eliminate a spazzy "low-info voter" from going further. imgay less so. No hint of a roleclaim that I saw, voted Lumpen and Asphyxious D2 so obviously didn't cop-clear either of us.

This is a real bad post

##vote Lumpen die

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I forgot Kashno on my earlier list of likely scum but he's still there since D1.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Lumpen posted:

##vote yuming

A Sometimes Food is also scum.

Would also lynch:
SalThe Bard(formerly BK)
Tired Moritz(formerly TMM)
GenericGirlName, now Asiina, also still scum.

merk and imgay are maybes

literally would lynch three players not on their posting but because they replace in. So stupid.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also sorry to toalpaz, should have figured you were softcounter claiming but im not good at this game

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tired Moritz posted:

literally would lynch three players not on their posting but because they replace in. So stupid.

The fact that three scum bailed is not the basis of my suspicion, it is the posting. And I think I will be proven right!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tired Moritz posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

Wrt you, I could see it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

King Burgundy posted:

I still want to cuddle Tired as well. But it can probably wait a bit longer.

please buy me dinner first

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Looking through Toalpaz's history, there are two possibilities. His first post of the day:

And then he followed this up by tying Gaspy to Lumpen. AKA, he had already decided Lumpy was scum and was looking for connections. He also then votes Lumpen as his first vote. This seems like the winner.

But second possibility a short time later:

This one would be ironic given AA's weird Godfather gambit.

---

I'm leaning Lumpen here, and it matches up with what I was seeing yesterday.

##vote Lumpen
KB, just to be clear, are you suggesting that Toalpaz had a secret cop result on me that he kept quiet about all day? That doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to really suspect, if you read Toalpaz's play style.
However, his last post of D1 does suggest that I should have been his investigation target N1... so I see where you're coming from.

Toalpaz posted:

I'd switch if it means town executing someone, looks like it isn't going to go thru.
##vote soscannonballs
yeah literally just cause it makes it look like Lumpen is extra shady if SOSCANNONBALLS is town.
If he had investigated me he would have got a town result and not voted me D2, presumably. And this exchange would implausible:

Toalpaz posted:

Lumpen posted:

A claimed Unconfirmed Mason with a Cop result of Not Town isn't a high-risk lynch.

Mangalores are shapeshifters who impersonate humans in the game. If not a Godfather, a scummason would be a good use for the flavor.
Wait someone is someone posting cop results? Where is that even? I saw that discussion about a result but I don't see it?

Looking back through Toalpaz it now does make sense that he voted and harped on Asphyxious, though.

Toalpaz posted:

You can't blame me for wanting to lynch Gaspy because he's a cop, because Gaspy isn't even willing to roll claim and is just throwing out a 'result'. Plus they aren't willing to test their own result, and it looks like they're throwing up a smoke screen with empty useless discussion entirely hinging on if Gaspy is telling the truth or a lie.

I don't think Gaspy is a town cop roll because a town cop wouldn't be outting themselves out that early especially if there's a bus and they're legit scared of bus drivers loving with results, it's also way early for people to be admitting to be investigators cause scum will just kill them. For these reasons I don't think there's any reason to believe Gaspy is telling the truth because he isn't likely to be playing a town cop type roll. Because Gaspy is probably lying imo I want to lynch them.

I think, in hindsight, Toalpaz pretty clearly signaled that he investigated AA N1 and got a town result.

Toalpaz posted:

I think AA is legit Town.

Toalpaz posted:

AA strikes me as someone genuinely participating in scum hunting. Town basically. They ask reasonable questions and don't hop onto people over nothing.
But I see where you're coming from KB, he should have investigated me N1 by all indications.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

if you read Toalpaz's play style.
Actually I take this back. I had the impression of Toalpaz that he was just terrible and spazzy, probably because he was seemingly inexplicably harping on Asphyxious so much, but now it makes a lot more sense now, given his role. Toalpaz was more careful and controlled than I gave him credit for. He at least had the sense not to explicitly rush to counterclaim.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi, I'm in this game now!

So there are 40 pages and I'm not opposed to reading some of them but the prospect of reading all of them is pretty daunting.

I read over the person I'm replacing and get the idea there were some masonry shenanigans going on, but could anyone give a primer or at least a starting point on what to read that isn't just Page 1 forward?

Someone scumclaimed? Have we decided to ignore that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Actually I take this back. I had the impression of Toalpaz that he was just terrible and spazzy, probably because he was seemingly inexplicably harping on Asphyxious so much, but now it makes a lot more sense now, given his role. Toalpaz was more careful and controlled than I gave him credit for. He at least had the sense not to explicitly rush to counterclaim.

Yeah, it looks like you realized it yourself, but all indications really do indicate that he copped you and got a scum result. Looking back at it now, he played cop in exactly the correct manner. He played very well.

So yes, to be clear. I think he copped you and got a scum result. I think he tried to put together the scum team from that result and Gapsy claiming something he was super suspicious of given his own role. I think he thought AA was so towny because AA was on you before even he was on that day. That looked extra good to him.

I included the AA call out for completeness sake though, since it's not impossible that was his actual read. But if you look at the previous day, as you have, him choosing AA as a target doesn't make much sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Hi, I'm in this game now!

So there are 40 pages and I'm not opposed to reading some of them but the prospect of reading all of them is pretty daunting.

I read over the person I'm replacing and get the idea there were some masonry shenanigans going on, but could anyone give a primer or at least a starting point on what to read that isn't just Page 1 forward?

Someone scumclaimed? Have we decided to ignore that?

Good starting point is probably reading Toalpaz in isolation at least, since he's a flipped cop, and he really doesn't have that many posts.

AA claimed he was a scum godfather in mason chat to flipped town Beet. He claims it was a gambit to confirm that Beet was town based on his reaction. I don't know that I've ever seen AA make a gambit like that, so I'm not sure what to think. But I have other irons in the fire at the moment. Other than that claim, I would have said AA was town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That doesn't really sound like a gambit that makes any sense to me, but I'll read Toal and AA to get started.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, it looks like you realized it yourself, but all indications really do indicate that he copped you and got a scum result. Looking back at it now, he played cop in exactly the correct manner. He played very well.

So yes, to be clear. I think he copped you and got a scum result. I think he tried to put together the scum team from that result and Gapsy claiming something he was super suspicious of given his own role. I think he thought AA was so towny because AA was on you before even he was on that day. That looked extra good to him.

I included the AA call out for completeness sake though, since it's not impossible that was his actual read. But if you look at the previous day, as you have, him choosing AA as a target doesn't make much sense.
When I first saw your vote I was like WTF KB can't possibly really believe that Toalpaz kept a scum result under his hat all day, is KB scum? I thought Toalpaz was a bad player. But then I did the reading and with the added insight of Toalpaz's flip his posting made a lot more sense and my impression of him changed. And upon re-reading, your vote also made sense to me.

Your case is fair and reasonable, and I think you look town for it.

But the fact is that I'm Town. It comes down to whether you think Toalpaz would, with a scum result in pocket and an apparent additional catch via counterclaim and to prevent the "fake cop" from flipping an innocent townie, not trot it out. I would.

He was consistent throughout D2 in saying "Lumpen and Gaspy" as his suspicions. I don't know why he wouldn't have investigated me, maybe he was redirected to AA. He was very blunt about clearing AA. And in the end he voted hambeet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, sorry hambeet. I will reread the game and get something.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Good starting point is probably reading Toalpaz in isolation at least, since he's a flipped cop, and he really doesn't have that many posts.

AA claimed he was a scum godfather in mason chat to flipped town Beet. He claims it was a gambit to confirm that Beet was town based on his reaction. I don't know that I've ever seen AA make a gambit like that, so I'm not sure what to think. But I have other irons in the fire at the moment. Other than that claim, I would have said AA was town.

After studying taste and bird and other great gambit players I decided to include bad rear end gambits in my arsenal of mafia tools for new game+ meta.

It started as I came close to 100 games in westworld first poorly, and then in mords space game successfully where I was 3p infected and convinced town I made an altruistic self sacrifice lol

Anyhow. I do gambits now and am definitely town.

Which is why beet bee and myself acted together prior to our masonry collapsing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I had to know for sure. I had to get a real emotional reaction to read him

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

When I first saw your vote I was like WTF KB can't possibly really believe that Toalpaz kept a scum result under his hat all day, is KB scum? I thought Toalpaz was a bad player. But then I did the reading and with the added insight of Toalpaz's flip his posting made a lot more sense and my impression of him changed. And upon re-reading, your vote also made sense to me.

Your case is fair and reasonable, and I think you look town for it.

But the fact is that I'm Town. It comes down to whether you think Toalpaz would, with a scum result in pocket and an apparent additional catch via counterclaim and to prevent the "fake cop" from flipping an innocent townie, not trot it out. I would.

He was consistent throughout D2 in saying "Lumpen and Gaspy" as his suspicions. I don't know why he wouldn't have investigated me, maybe he was redirected to AA. He was very blunt about clearing AA. And in the end he voted hambeet.

Right, the added proof is that he did NOT counterclaim Gaspy. He kept it under his hat. So we know for a fact, play wise, that he can play these things right. If I had a scum result in the early game, I would also not claim it outright except in extreme cases. It is much better to build your resume first. How many people can I clear or catch before I have to out myself? Did I leave clear breadcrumbs for each person in case I die?

Keep in mind, we still don't have Gaspy's claim, so saying it was a given that him claiming his result on you and being a cop would lead to two consecutive scum cuddles is a stretch. If he could get even one more clear or catch under his belt before reveal it would be even better and odds are high he'll get his results anyway. Since because of his flip, I'm looking harder at both you and Gaspy. So he did his job.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I want to step back from the leading candidates and find something new. However, I promise to make reads on yuming and Lumpen too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Quick thought: ##vote TM

We had a little run on him yesterday that completely fizzled. Haven’t looked back yet, but why didn’t this go anywhere?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

After studying taste and bird and other great gambit players I decided to include bad rear end gambits in my arsenal of mafia tools for new game+ meta.

It started as I came close to 100 games in westworld first poorly, and then in mords space game successfully where I was 3p infected and convinced town I made an altruistic self sacrifice lol

Anyhow. I do gambits now and am definitely town.

Which is why beet bee and myself acted together prior to our masonry collapsing.

Hmmm, ok. FWIW, I strongly disagree with doing this and think town should never lie. Hell, I think scum should avoid lying whenever possible too.

But this seems believable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Quick thought: ##vote TM

We had a little run on him yesterday that completely fizzled. Haven’t looked back yet, but why didn’t this go anywhere?

Honestly, because we've all been too lazy to actually case him. My reason for wanting to vote him is because he replaced TMM who I know very well, and I'm feeling positive replaced out because he was scum. But no one is going to follow that meta read and probably with good reason.

You could case him for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read Toal and I agree with KB's description today. Lumpen absolutely would have been his N1 target, and the way he kept on at him makes me believe he had the scum result.

##vote Lumpen

His distrust of Gaspy also makes sense given his role, which I'm gathering Gaspy claimed a not-town (?) result on someone who then ended up flipping town? That's a weird thing for scum to do on D2 of a big game for no reason (unless they're a reason I missed), so I don't really know what to make of that.

• Locked thread