Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll try to keep my mania to a 5, if you'll have me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

Is this like that game Are You A Werewolf? I want to try it out. Take it easy on me though. I have PM's.

:allears:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

I recently surveyed an email regarding vast amounts of erection that can be attained for only 19.99 USD. The precipice of such a great deal both humors and concerns me. What of regulation, what of the human condition. I have a suspicion this is the same entrapment when Tasha emailed me interested in sexual encounter but ended up being a mere falsehood.

You've not lived if you haven't had a 20 dollar e-mail erection send you to ER.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I haven't read a single post up to this point, but I'm a player in this game.

Now get on my back... I intend to carry us to victory!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

Sleeping, at 4 AM, the hugest of scum-tells.

Anyone else notice how imgay uses a lot of m'ss (for mafia) in his posts?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Pretty self conscious

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Dancer
His defense of imgays obvious joke posts is pretty on the nose, and his subsequent response to Lumpen pressure also looks like classic "I've nervously responded in jokephase and have rightfully been called out about it" self defense

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food. That's not bad, Lumpen!

This is a fake and bad because lumpens case on ASF is so blatantly garbage.

Like his pressure on dancer was good, but his case here is laughably terrible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote merk over dancer for a bad opinion on a bad case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

##vote merk policy lynch 2018

Stupid vote reason, but a good vote probably because of his interactions up to this point

Kashuno posted:

I think KB coming to the defend of a habitual lurker these days is MIGHTY suspicious

It's his new meta though lol

Lumpen posted:

Kashuno, you seem pretty heavily invested in your argument.

Could you make a comment about Hal Incandenza please?

Good point, I love Hal, but he is high on the lurker list.

He's been pretty good in general lately though, imo.

Lumpen posted:

SolusLunes hasn't struck me as particularly scummy. My only noteworthy thought right now about SolusLunes is that if A Sometimes Food were to flip and be town, then SolusLunes' reaction to my vote might be scummy white-knighting.

Maybe lumpen is scum.

He makes a bad vote on asf. Then sets up a conditional for solus to be scum if asf happened to be town.

I really think ASF was joking. And you're intentionally making it a thing.

BottleKnight posted:

Hello folks.

Hambeet is the scum. It feels quite obvious from his posting. 95% of it is nonsense that will be dismissed as jokephase shitposts, 5% of it is scummy posting that pings the hell out of me. ##vote hambeet

This seems to come from a disingenuous place

Asphyxious posted:

Merk lurks but his content tends to be pretty good so I’m not sure he works as a policy lynch.

Debatable

Lumpen posted:

BottleKnight, I think you're misreading is a really weird way. What you're saying is not lining up with the actual events of the game or the clear intentions of the posts you're reacting to, like, at all.

I do agree with this though.

Future Inquisitor Lumpen is hit and miss. But I agree with his brief callout on dancer. And his mounting case on BK. I think BK has a bad case on hum

A Sometimes Food posted:

Man.

Bruce Willis is really a one trick pony huh?

P much

Anyhow, in short:
I think ham is town
I think solus could be scum
I think dancer is probably scum
I think merk agreeing with lumpens asf case is super bad and is probably scum
I think bks case on hum is bad

TIA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

I got none. Like, if anything you and AA would ping me for being unreasonably confident in reads based on the most spurious of reasons, but I also know that that's a thing you just do, so it's null.

I calls em' like I sees em'

:colbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I know I haven't posted in a while and I'm just checking in to say yes I'm following thread, thank you everyone scum hunting. I don't really follow the logic on a lot of these votes but it's cool to watch happen.

So Merk cause they're scary and afk a bunch and Dancer cause 3-4 people think Dancer says scummy things? Is that right?

The explanation on dancer is rooted in his behavior and common scum tropes.

Dancer overreacted to an obvious joke probably because it popped out on a quick skim as a real critique. Scum, needing to save face, often overreact in this manner. It's not concrete, but he didn't do much afterwards that made him look better.

I'm 50/50. I think I am and would rather vote merk solely based on his vote of asf following lumpen's case.

No junk policy lurk stuff. Read lumpens bad case on asf and then merks agreement.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

:agreed:

##vote A Sometimes Food

It was a joke wtf.

Add this goon to merk pile.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

Anyone pushing merk when he explicitly said he won't be back till the holiday weekend is over comes across as pretty scummy to me.

Look at his vote, that's what my vote is about. It's not about a inaccurate meta for lurking.

Same with DBs vote. Just bad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I do have a bad feeling about lumpen because of his take on ASF. But other than that I think his reads are good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

Even as a joke I don't really like the fakeclaim.

If no one counterclaims it can be later used as breadcrumbs.
If someone does counterclaim it can be used to both ferret out a town to kill and written off as a joke.

Feels like a low risk potentially high reward play for scum, pointless thing to do for town.

Your explanation makes sense... still think merk and db look poor with their asf votes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean it wasn't a joke.

Remember how Disney didn't find James Gunn's tweets not funny and fired him?

Jokes are hard even for distinguished film directors let alone some poo poo poster on a dying web forum.

Take a moment to reflect on yourself and why you wear shoes indoors. Sneakers without socks, Sandals with socks. These are all shameful practices but they are acceptable to the person doing them since people don't care about their own social failures.

Have you ever been in a store and saw another person with wholes in their shirt? Did you judge them as a poor? What if they were a lazy slob or what if they even didn't even know. These are all assumptions we make based on our cognitive experiences. But this is a game of forum mafia where we are trying to find bad people.

The problem with judging activity is theres many people who sign up that don't actually care. Take Merk for example who signed up for the game and didn't realise it was a holiday weekend then realised it was a holiday weekend and complained about it. This isn't malicious its just careless.

The lack of care is a complex issue. Is it neglect, a lack of motivation, or simply just anxiety over some other pressing issue.

Taking all this into account I will say that all this evidence definitively makes Dancer scum.

Not because he is actually a bad person in this mafia or is a positive role for town. That is a great unknown that can only be revealed until its too late. It is ultimately a feel I recieved. I interrupted multiple responses in ways I have already explained in this post. My personal cognitive response to dancer is one of being a scum player. I believe this even more now that I have spent a solid 2 minutes making this educated post. I have reinforced my own opinions.

Reinforcing your own opinions is not necessarily a healthy practice, but it is one I have decided to take part in.

Have you ever heard the saying "Keep digging that hole"? I feel like I have fallen into this trap and I don't know how to get out of it. But instead of internalizing my thought process i have decided to share it, to allow more intelligent and higher IQ players understand me. This way with absolute honesty I remove doubt not just from my own mind, but others regarding myself.

In this game of deception honesty is important and it is something that has to be earned. I hope I've earned your honesty.

Dancer is a scumbo bitchbag

I don't know what mountain you've been on, but I'm enjoying this enlightenment lol definitely keeping it 100

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't see the case on beet

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
also are we going to let that bad asf push just stand. the logic for justifying it is flimsy even if arbc put it in a context that seems more sensible than others tagging on

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
sorry about these potshots right now. i've been on the road for a bit and I think BK's case looks as poor now as it did previously, and it seems like a left-field distraction to pull away from that bad push on ASF.

:thunk:

could be foil, could be fatigue, but something smells fishy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Slamburger posted:

:siren: TMM :siren:

Tired Moritz has replaced TMMadman

Since there's been a lot of good discussion and content so far I'm going to keep the deadline at tonight to avoid an overly long Day 1. (550 posts already!)

:thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

the bold part makes no sense. who needs to ferret out town? not scum, so I don't get what you're on about here.

i don't think you're being an rear end in a top hat i you're just misreading a couple of posts and i'm trying to suss out if it's deliberate or not.

I think he implied the unnecessary revealing of the flavors character and to an extent, I agree, but I still doubt asf had sinister machinations with her joke

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

Good morning AA :sun:

How are you this game?

Greetings. I am well, town and alive for the time being.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok you’re usually paranoid as all get out so this is pinging me

Only half joking, this is seriously not the AA I usually see who thinks everyone is scum

I took a day trip to visit some family yesterday and only made snipes and today I'm tired from aforementioned trip.

Also that sooo my old meta. I totally have my poo poo together until I make it to end game. At which point it's like a 2 in 3 chance that I catastrophically mess up or descend into madness.

So give it time lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha I will look again!

AA seems off to me as well

Pffft I am the same glorious meatling I've always been, but now I'm getting acclimated to new game+ and have attained the sacred fist of nonchalance and when it fails, then and only then, will I unleash my ultimate technique the 1,000 foil covered shouts of a mad man and die for it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, enough about me... I could gush about me all day... I've made some cases and haven't really changed my mind in the 12 or so hours since I last voiced an opinion.

I'll give yuming and beakers cases on beet another read, but I don't really agree, that's just me.

I still am iffy on dancer because his "joke response" to imgay's "joke post" seems more serious than he lets on in his follow up explanation

Could possibly see lumpen as scum because for every good point he makes he makes 2 more lovely points and deflects off his good points with flimsy defenses, makes it look like bussing.

But what do I know?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m about to hop on a flight to thrilling Billings Montana but I should be around at deadline I think but I better ##vote Dancer before I go

##vote hal

I feel off, but you vote the person I've been hardest on so far this game???

Sorry you rolled scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Also, something is pinging me on ArbC, but I don't have anything to go on but gut currently.

Asphyxious posted:

Sorry didn’t see this:

Would vote:
Bottleknight
Dick Bastardly
Hal

and uh Soscannonbalks, evidently

I don't agree with the soscannonballs stuff but I agree with your top 3

b-minus1 posted:

Kb probably scum
Lumpen
Bottle knight

I don't know about KB but I agree with Lumpen and BK

Lumpen posted:

So, just for the record, do you think that (a) my Ruby Rhod claim is a lie, (b) Ruby Rhod could be a scum, (c) Ruby Rhod could be a mod-provided safe fakeclaim, (d) none of that ever occurred to you and you also don't care, or (e) something else?

E, counter claiming flavor on a joke seems strange. Like you're fabricating a reason to vote ASF. It would have been more compelling if they doubled down on the claim and you came in and said ok, the joke was curious but now I know you're lying because...

Instead you immediately contradict it and if they were doing something with dubious intentions and it's really really strange and you've been misreading people

My list top 3

Lumpen
BK
Dancer

Extended or alternate
DB
merk
Hal

Going to grocery store, but I'll be around

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote lumpen

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

Say reasons.

Made em' coach, more than once

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

soscannonballs posted:

If you are town you just gotta post what feels right man, even if you get lynched your living town buddies can learn a lot.

That being said, I agree that the fake roleclaim should be pursued, why the hell would anyone lie about their flavor? ##vote A Sometimes Food

People are voting sos for this but several other players did the same thing. The push here is made by scum I have no doubt.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food. That's not bad, Lumpen!

Hm

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

Ok

ArbitraryC posted:

##Vote A Sometimes Food

Lynch all liars

Yeaah.....

Open your eyes sheeple

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

soscannonballs is also a lurker with 7 posts and no opinions of his own and isn't around for deadline.

Other players get a pass?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Out of the asf votes at least they made an attempt at giving their own reasons

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I covered all of this in that long post I made and the posts after it. merk disappeared. DB came back and defended his vote when asked. ArbC discussed why they made their vote before and after making it.

Sos made it and used the exact same reason Lumpen was voting as their justification, then completely disappeared until votes started appearing. You using this weak defense that I already addressed makes me think you're scum defending scum.

Tbf I was grocery shopping and didn't read or even see your post. I just made a standalone judgment call off of what I remembered since we are close to deadlone. Weak or not it still stands and resonates with opinions you also felt so its suspicious you take this as scum defense when I'm pointing out how strange the switch to sos is when several players performed similarly and others also fit the lurker bill. It's a strange vote since you know, everyone parachuted off of the poo poo show that was asf.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote sos

No lynch would be terrible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:redhammer:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bee was in an unconfirmed masonry with me but neither of us had scum feelings about the other, I feel like the kill on him was random. Same with dancer. Scum and 3p or scum and vigilante town are probably responsible for the night.

The shooting is probably a vig and the disappearing is probably scum imo. But flavor is garbage.

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote lumpen

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

Do you really think you found three scum here? This can't be serious.

I never said or implied that. I'm just saying that asf and sos were setup. The other votes were just as flimsy, if not more so, but if you were actually reading the game instead of making snipes you would have realized that was my argument and I wouldn't have to suffer through this explanation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm having a hard time believing KB is town for meta reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My vote block still stands from yesterday. Those people were scummy to me then and they remain so now.

Lumpen is an anomaly so I'm going to table my vote on him for a vote on merk who is so obviously scum that it is disappointing.

##vote merk

• Locked thread