Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Make a joke about him owing you money and play it off all cute at first but then really start berating them about it. Just brutal poo poo. Maybe curse god for the concept of death I dunno I’m not good with funerals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Make a joke about him owing you money and play it off all cute at first but then really start berating them about it. Just brutal poo poo. Maybe curse god for the concept of death I dunno I’m not good with funerals.

At the end day that you're getting your money back and then fake dive into the coffin like youre going to shake him down or pull out his fillings or something

TalkingBasically
Aug 19, 2018
You can't tell jokes at a eulogy. Death is perfect. Humor involves imperfection.
Any jokes given during a eulogy only mark the speaker as a poor eulogist.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Funeral? I thought that real doll smelled funny.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Im sorry Im sorry im trying to delete it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Obsidianheart posted:

Clown makeup on Jim. Close casket, but install a device that will open it halfway into your set, and play Entrance of the Gladiators. When coffin lid opens all the way, corpse sits up (on a lever). This activates a hidden balloon-drop at the ceiling, raining festivity on the mourners. Act surprised at first, but then reach into the podium and bring out a tophat and red tux jacket. Have an usher selling peanuts.

Remind everyone that the circus is just as dead as Jim.

Turning a tragedy into a celebration? I LOVE IT! :allears:

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Pull a long string of colorful handkerchiefs out of his dumb dead dick, then play like you just realized how inappropriate it is and start putting them back in. Then calmly yet forcefully start wedging the colored fabric back up a corpse's urethra with a golf pencil

I know this is a classic but I'm looking for something more modern, you know? Something that hasn't already been done like a million times.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bust out an interpretive dance to “when doves cry” :slick:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Literally A Person posted:

Turning a tragedy into a celebration? I LOVE IT! :allears:

I know this is a classic but I'm looking for something more modern, you know? Something that hasn't already been done like a million times.

Fill him with tide pods and avocado toast and jump on him expelling these items and cross your arms and say "millennials am I right?" and roll your eyes. Then start screaming about QAnon and get very agitated and confused.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man you guys are way too all about desecrating the body. Like it’s just dirt now. You gotta go for who they were as a person.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Man you guys are way too all about desecrating the body. Like it’s just dirt now. You gotta go for who they were as a person.

You're totally right. How could we have been so blind? So disrespectful?

So, uh, anyone know any dirty limericks that Jim's name fits into easily?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You're right I've become like Carrot Top except not incredibly buff. Im ashamed.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
"jim was well respected among the community and beloved as a husband, father, brother, son, and my friend. his passing will leave chasm that will not easily be.."

then you make a farting sound and laugh and say "PSYCH!!! jim was a real a**hole and who cares about his dead rear end??? let's blow this popcicle stand!"

do a kickflip off the lecturn and kiss a hot lady and call it a day

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"gently caress you Jim i'm glad you died" and then dropkick the widow

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

You're totally right. How could we have been so blind? So disrespectful?

So, uh, anyone know any dirty limericks that Jim's name fits into easily?

There once was a man named Jim
Turns out he was into E-Stim
Shoved a probe up his cock
And got quite a shock
Now let’s start with a Hymn

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

talk for a bit about how it's good there's a closed casket, then glance over at an opportune moment and do a double take at the open casket, scream like a little girl, and then be like "oh wait, that is what he looked like normally i guess"

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
Break into the funeral home with a hacksaw before the set and cut the head off the body, then during the set pull the head out and throw it into the crowd and say "looks like he'll never be the HEAD of a major corporation!"

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

“So it begin with ferocious tiger! Tiger chase man to edge of cliff. Man fall down. Halfway down he grab onto branch. He look up! He see one hungry tiger. Now he look down. He see another hungry tiger waiting for him on ground below. Not a good place to be! He know for sure he gonna die. Then, out of corner of his eye, he see a wild strawberry growing from same branch. Well he pluck it and eat it. And it was the sweetest tasting strawberry he ever had.”

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Labes for days posted:

“So it begin with ferocious tiger! Tiger chase man to edge of cliff. Man fall down. Halfway down he grab onto branch. He look up! He see one hungry tiger. Now he look down. He see another hungry tiger waiting for him on ground below. Not a good place to be! He know for sure he gonna die. Then, out of corner of his eye, he see a wild strawberry growing from same branch. Well he pluck it and eat it. And it was the sweetest tasting strawberry he ever had.”

Where is this actually from? I had a guy tell me this story in a weird accent (he always spoke with said accent) back in 2002, but all I could remember about it is that he ended it with “eat the shrawberries” (sic).

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
There was that dude who died a few years ago and wrote in his will he would like the defensive line of the Cleveland Browns as his pallbearers so they could let him down “one last time.”

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

burial posted:

Where is this actually from? I had a guy tell me this story in a weird accent (he always spoke with said accent) back in 2002, but all I could remember about it is that he ended it with “eat the shrawberries” (sic).

https://youtu.be/45hM7iAkjk8

I mean I have no idea about the story itself but op was looking for a good joke to tell at a funeral.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgxziZMZ6Q

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

burial posted:

It's a Buddhist thought exercise of sorts. You can probably Google Buddhist tiger cliff story.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Rectum?

Nearly killed him!

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
"Jim was a guy who always seemed uptight. He was always looking for some flaw, some imperfection to complain about. He was a man who seemed to want to suck all the fun out of a room, and for most, he seemed like a burden to be around. Here was a guy who could take the smallest inconvenience and make a whole day out of bitching about it. But you know what?

Now he's dead."

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Imagine four caskets on the edge of a cliff...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Obsidianheart posted:

"Jim was a guy who always seemed uptight. He was always looking for some flaw, some imperfection to complain about. He was a man who seemed to want to suck all the fun out of a room, and for most, he seemed like a burden to be around. Here was a guy who could take the smallest inconvenience and make a whole day out of bitching about it. But you know what?

Now he's dead."

At this the widow slaps her thigh and shouts "that's Jim alright!"

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Sing about bats and wink knowingly at the casket for a few minutes. Chew your lower lip as you weight down the eyelids of the corpse with arcade tokens. Ask loudly, "why did the chicken cross the road", but before anyone answers, yell "to honor this beloved lamb" to really emphasize your depth

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Then have a buddy throw in a chicken from the back of the room. Not a dry eye in the house. You're the rainmaker

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

(alive not rotisserie)

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
fire a bunch of blanks (don't actually need to be blanks) at the coffin. loud noises are a punchline by themselves, I think.

just ask the kids these days!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I don't know, what about using some double entendre, like referencing "stiff" as meaning corpse, but also as meaning erect penis.

yeah plus you could get in on "jimmy hat"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Just have your way with the corpse in multiple positions, finish by ripping off the head and blowing your load in the hole in the neck, spread your hands with your member still inside, and yell "THE ARISTOCRATS!" in a Gilbert Gottfried voice.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Super Grocery Kart posted:

There once was a man named Jim
Turns out he was into E-Stim
Shoved a probe up his cock
And got quite a shock
Now let’s start with a Hymn

:golfclap:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Life played more jokes on him than I ever could

But just for fun, we have twenty seconds before he explodes

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Produce a wooden stake and hammer and tell the audience that there is only one way to be sure.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pull out a gun and shoot the corpse multiple times, in the din of dense screams this will produce you will turn your gaze downwards, close your eyes, and speak.

"At least, he can truly rest."

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Sneak into the funeral home the night before the service and fill Jim's cavities with candy.

Well I think you guys know how the rest of this goes.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sneak into the funeral home the night before the service and fill Jim's cavities with candy.

Well I think you guys know how the rest of this goes.

The dentist looks disappointed?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Wear a clothes peg on your nose.

"Jim, you didn't exactly smell like roses when you were alive, but goddamn man this is just ridiculous"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Without a gun present these funeral attendees will not fully understand the potential immediacy of death. All funerals should have at least one firearm present to garner maximum respect for the dead.

• Locked thread