Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hello Goons with Spoons. Liquid Communism here with the return of a periennial favorite, Iron Chef Something Awful!

“I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”
― Ron White

The lemon is a fruit with a storied history. First grown in the Far East, they entered Europe via Rome in the 2nd century, and spread through Persia and the middle east as ornamental trees due to the beauty and scent of their blossoms. They came to the New World with Columbus, and have taken well to California and Florida. In the late 1700s, they were instrumental in solving one of the great diseases of the Age of Sail, scurvy.

But we are here for their culinary uses. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to prepare at least three dishes forming a cohesive meal, with the humble lemon as the star ingredient. Appetizers, drinks, and desserts are acceptable as dishes, however only one of each category will be accepted. Any number of main dishes and sides are acceptable.

Prizes:
First place, as voted by the goons, will receive a $30 gift certificate from Penzey's or Amazon and a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

Second place, as voted by the goons, will receive a $20 gift certificate and a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

Chairman's Prize: The Chairman's Prize for this round includes a challenge. If you wish to be eligible, document someone other than yourself sampling the fruits of your labor! I will pick my favorite of the eligible entries, and reward them with a $10 gift certificate and a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

As always, the submission rules:

Submission Rules :
1. Post a separate thread for your entry, then post here with a link.
2. Take pictures! We love to see your steps as well as your final product.
3. If possible, please include your recipe so that other Goons can try and recreate your dishes for their own consumption.
4. Does your recipe have a backstory? Tell us about it!
5. Questions? Ask in the thread or PM your Chairman.
6. The deadline for entries is 11:59PM CST on 26 September 2018, with judging to follow.

Allez cuisine!

Entries:

The Glumslinger - Another Lemon Party Joke
Scientastic - The Zest Of Friends
Suspect Bucket - I'll Have What Arnold Palmer's Drinking
Elfriede Shrempf - I get it how I live it, I live it how I get it.
Happiness Commando - I'm soured on the idea of winning
BrianBoitano - Late to the lemon party

Winner: Scientastic

Runner up: Elfriede Shrempf

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Goon voting biases will be whatever they will be, but as far as originality and limitations, show us what you got.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

We're a week out, how're your lemonfoods coming?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

24 hours left, folks!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'll allow it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Voting thread is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Congratulations Scientastic and Elfriede Shrempf! Please reach out to me by PM or at my usual username @ gmail to arrange delivery of your winnings!

• Locked thread