Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"We're shutting down because the game's not profitable so we're going to go with a Bad Ending Route" is at least more interesting than most "service turns off on X, later jerks" mobile game closures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Evil Fluffy posted:

"We're shutting down because the game's not profitable so we're going to go with a Bad Ending Route" is at least more interesting than most "service turns off on X, later jerks" mobile game closures.

Honestly getting the end of the plot compared to just closing without plot closure is not only a nice detail, it's also more than 95% of gachas can say.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For the last 24 hours they should just put up as many banners as they can and make them have zero cost. Let people just pull forever or until the servers crash from the strain.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Putting up anniversary bundles for $100+ feels pretty gross. There’s got to be a few players who missed the news post about the game shutting down. Maybe even a few deluding themselves into thinking they can spend the game back to life.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This game has the weirdest pricing structure where you are encouraged to either go totally f2p and pay nothing or super whale it and spend a poo poo ton. There's little reason to just spend a small amount so it feels like the anniversary packs are just a continuation of that bad policy.

In terms of the ending I'm getting a "it gets darkest before the dawn" feel but who knows, it's strange new territory getting an actual end to a service game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BGrifter posted:

Putting up anniversary bundles for $100+ feels pretty gross. There’s got to be a few players who missed the news post about the game shutting down. Maybe even a few deluding themselves into thinking they can spend the game back to life.

Oh yeah, kinda hosed up specially since this was the first gacha for many people and they might be too hooked up. Like with Gachas you usually are paying for the experience, but most block payments at X point after announcing EoS.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

obviously the moon is going to fall on alberia which is last-second saved but at the cost of country-wide destruction, but those who survive find themselves unable to remember what actually transpired and we get a sequel set several years later after society has rebuilt, and thats how we get dragalia re:alm reborn :v:

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

This game is 100% going to end on some sort of "the day is saved and the adventure continues" sort of thing to keep their options open for some kind of ReDive or whatever, even if they never actually take advantage of it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mix. posted:

obviously the moon is going to fall on alberia which is last-second saved but at the cost of country-wide destruction, but those who survive find themselves unable to remember what actually transpired and we get a sequel set several years later after society has rebuilt, and thats how we get dragalia re:alm reborn :v:

you joke but princess connect re:dive is a reboot of the original princess connect (which was a browser game originally, like Granblue Fantasy)

of course, priconne is getting numbers for its localization par with dragalia (and so is world flipper lol)

I think one of the two (priconne or world flipper?) recently announced they would scale back the localizations they were doing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Minera posted:

I think one of the two (priconne or world flipper?) recently announced they would scale back the localizations they were doing

Hard to say which - Priconne is handled by Crunchyroll who hosed up Danmachi super bad by just, not translating and excising a lot of content and the original devs took it back off them.

Meanwhile WF is handled by Kakao and at least a couple months back, all the skill text was complete nonsense that was unreadable and bits of Korean slipped in everywhere.

I'd believe either game announcing that, is I guess what I'm saying.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I wonder if there’s a way Nintendo could sell Dragalia Lost to Apple for Apple Arcade. If they could strip all the IAP out and just run the existing events on a loop they’d end up with a pretty compelling product.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Minera posted:

that was world flipper, specifically it said it was stopping localization in iirc mexican, german, and korean? but the big difference between WF and Dragalia is that WF is available in those regions (and still will be), Dragalia just legitimately never came to a lot of regions for reasons people never understood, and since the game was impossible to emulate due to the standard nintendo 'gently caress emulation' stuff that hurt it considerably

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lol i forgot dragalia was global* (aka usa and maybe like the uk)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

DL was only available in Japan and US stores until 2019 when UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand were added

everyone else was forced to sideload all this time

thanks daoko

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nintendo never stopped hating PAL regions

and uh..Canada I guess

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

So the main GBF fan wiki pulled a mean trick today (it's 4/1 in parts of the world, remember): https://gbf.wiki/Euden

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are they doing any sort of crazy buffs or free pulls to get people to play and go out on a good note?

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are they doing any sort of crazy buffs or free pulls to get people to play and go out on a good note?

Nothing exceptional at this time, only a daily tenfold summon which ends ... tomorrow?

I do wonder what they plan to do with seasonal and gala availability after this event.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Final chapter should be out, and they mailed a pile of endgame crafting materials to everyone. I think this is it, probably the final week.

EDIT: Good point, they’ve announced end of service plans, but no hard date yet. Never mind.

waddler fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 25, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

waddler posted:

Final chapter should be out, and they mailed a pile of endgame crafting materials to everyone. I think this is it, probably the final week.

According to datamines there are reruns planned until November so I don't think so :v:

Just finished the main plot, and overall I like it and think it's a good ending for a gacha game? Normally "the power of friendship and bonds!" is corny but it works here, given how literally every event until now has been about Euden making friends. Turns out all the constant parties saved the world!

The ending also had tons of nice details, like the final battles overall, how they reframed Dragalia Lost as foreshadowing of Euden's death and the final chapter being named after the main theme (An Undending World/A World Without End. That said, bold and bittersweet choice to kill Euden and retcon the entire plot for a happier world.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RIP to Dragalia

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The final battles were pretty interesting, and I didn't expect the QTEs. Fun game, sad to see it go. I don't feel any drive to keep grinding things or play any of the reruns, so this is probably about it for me.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

https://dragalialost.com/en/news/detail/3308

Diamond purchases just shut off, servers shut down November 30

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

f

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Congrats, you beat the game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ryanbomber posted:

https://dragalialost.com/en/news/detail/3308

Diamond purchases just shut off, servers shut down November 30

how sad

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Happy 4th anniversary.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

there's a free pick ticket and free diamantium to buy it, but no free gacha pulls lol

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

NOW it’s the final week.

And I’ll never figure out what they were thinking with Cymusic YT channel, which only features some Dragalia songs and hasn’t updated in forever. I suppose they thought they could spin up a music label using the momentum from this game?

Polaris still hits though: https://youtu.be/o5geJx8DcNw

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RIP to an actual good gatcha game

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:smith: I'm gonna miss you, Dragalia

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

it died for horsegirl game

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

rip

im glad its pretty well archived in video form at least

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Haven't played in a couple years but I really loved the game when I was playing it. In a landscape of turn based or strategic gachas, it was fun having an action RPG to play instead. Gonna miss you, Dragalia.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

RIP to an actual good gatcha game

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rip to an occasionally fun game.

Good riddance to Mym, an annoying amalgamation of tropes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
RIP Dragalia Lost. Don’t think I’ll do the gacha thing again any time soon. DL feels like a nice note to end on.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

BGrifter posted:

RIP Dragalia Lost. Don’t think I’ll do the gacha thing again any time soon. DL feels like a nice note to end on.

The only one that's close to as ;fun that I've found is Cygames' main money printer, Granblue.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I really enjoy World Flipper (honestly sometimes I think the character interactions are even funnier/better than Dragalia sometimes) but its very much a different experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Twenty-four hours before Dragalia is Lost.