Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

same i'm really loving disgusted even more than nov '16 somehow. it's pretty neat i broke through some sort of plateau of disgust and now i have new feelings to explore, anger and hate and lust for violent destruction at a level i've never experienced before. i don't know what to do either

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

joementum ur state sucks

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Business Gorillas posted:

Kinda curious what's going on in the background that's got linds foaming at the mouth

This seems a little extreme, even for them

He's mad about the doxxing

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Thoguh posted:

It was his freshman roommate.

i know that. thanks to him i now know he had a crippling drug and alcohol addiction that "ruined his life"

should i be given this info by an alcoholic guy during a public testimony where hes trying to save face? :thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

nice job bernie sanders

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

aint no racism like north east racism

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mackers posted:

Nice loving country lmao, shoulda stayed a colony.

in a better universe a new world plague would have killed 90%+ of the old world

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to living in the handmaid's tale

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Admiral Ray posted:

joementum ur state sucks

imo all states suck.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crazy cloud posted:

same i'm really loving disgusted even more than nov '16 somehow. it's pretty neat i broke through some sort of plateau of disgust and now i have new feelings to explore, anger and hate and lust for violent destruction at a level i've never experienced before. i don't know what to do either

post about it on the internet :beerpal:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Tainen posted:

still lolin at this very cursed image from yesterday

even the racist hispanic lady cant believe what shes seeing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

sloppo posted:

dork rear end clearly never went to frat parties

i went to one frat party in all of college and it was the rapiest thing id ever seen

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Louisgod posted:

imo all states suck.

all states really

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

ur moai af?

im full of manna m8

aka stoned af

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fuq ya

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

twoday posted:

He's mad about the doxxing

oh no now people know where he lives and sleeps cant just turn it off like a cell phone the poor baby. the wretches he rules over know where to find him the poor dear.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

Yeah this has me way more spooled up than Trump's win.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1045691201528221697

:thunkher:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Obviously this is hell and everything, but if you are looking for something to take the sting away from Kav (he was always going to be confirmed), then I would like to share a small anecdote.

I work in one of the biggest school districts in America within a region that voted Trump and is typically very conservative. Within the school, Trump and the Republican fart huffers that eat his rear end on the daily are despised by a huge margin. Like a 2:1 ratio at the least. Young people are not stupid and they are paying attention now more than ever. Not just the super smart kids, but the regular kids too. In my experience the total disgust for Republicans and their playbooks runs across all demographic lines (except for children of the exceedingly wealthy- surprise surprise). I fully believe that progressives are winning the culture war. It's something that helps calm me when the politics of the day have me at wit's end.

The eventual overturning of Roe is the Republican play to create a new generation of selfish dipshits as the boomers die out, but I think they are too late. If the young people grow spines and move in the interests of their progressive constituents, no number of rapist SC justices can stop them.

That said, it's kind of hard to be optimistic about the future because lol America isnt making it to 2020 at this point. Yolo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1045692277371408384

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Louisgod posted:

imo all states suck.

i dunno, a resident of cali whos been grandfathered into a house could make a good argument for cali

i think thats the only exception tho

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
hello everyone: nothing matters

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Graham is obviously auditioning and only one person has has the stones to point this out, who is also coincidentally the ONLY Dem who is breaking decorum and sees the present circumstances as the existential threat it is and not as some sort of team sports thing with their colleagues across the aisle

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao as if dems would do anything

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

YOU SOWED THE WIND,

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

hes not wrong

the ritualistic nature is also a very striking contrast with the bumbling idiocy presented in fords story

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
so i kind of feel like im losing track of the big picture what i want to change is american society the people in it and how they treat each other at home at work on the street in restaurants or shops etc

the structure and composition of our representative government is an echo of the society that created it and elected those who serve in it the government is a symptom not a cause

maybe im just reaching for any piece of floating wreckage as the whole loving ship goes down but yesterday was important and yesterday mattered in a far larger way than one lovely dude clearing another hurdle on his way to an important job with power over many many people that will last a long time

i straight up hosed off from work to watch fords testimony and kavanaughs testimony and from news reports shared here i know that many other people did too this isnt some hippie shared moment for us its just evidence that people recognized the significance of what was happening and just stopped what they were doing to witness it

im not just talking about motivating the goldfish brained electorate to vote for the blue corporatists in november for them to immediately be distracted by something they found way up high in their nose before the next local election im talking about the culture of men treating women as though they are somehow worth less in the big picture than men are

without running down a my black friends style list of actually im still a racist justifications ill just say im already doing more than not oppressing women to work towards the future i want to see and yesterday heartbreaking as it was will be remembered as a small jump closer to people treating each other as human loving beings

i heard on nice polite republicans this morning that rainns email and phone lines saw a huge bump in people reporting assaults yesterday which is a gut punch to be sure but the pain of it is from being forced to recognize what massive underreporting of sexual assault means in human terms it means that far more people around you every day carry that pain with them and hide it and somehow get through their lives despite it

suffering in silence is one step further away from being expected and women are a few steps more pissed off and men who are worth the oxygen they consume are one step further away from accepting unacceptable behavior out of themselves and others and thats going to be the lasting impact of fords testimony and i dont think yesterdays little jump forward is going to walk back either

gently caress you the drive through joke is played out

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

John Cornyn looks like every old man who’s naked for way too long in the gym locker room

Yeah... looks like...

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Pretty sure my boss is a chudette.

I mean I kind of always assumed so because she's an upper middle class suburban white woman, so just statistically its likely, but she called me today and I had the hearing on in the background and asked when the vote is. Then I got a "oh....you listen to CNN?"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crazy cloud posted:

I'm rapidly approaching "do I need to flee the country" territory

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Gonna walk in to the next job interview I have a blubbering mess, then talk about how much I like beer and how I'm a decent man whose reputation has been ruined forever

Works for the most important judge position in the country, it will work for me!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
can we put Lindsey Graham in a dark room with no windows or doors so we can be spared of his theatrics

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1045686432092884993

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

this didn't get talked about much but didnt kavanaugh kinda slander the hell outta private citizen mark judge repeatedly yesterday ??? :thunk:

where are the republicans screaming uncorroborated allegations

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zas posted:

next vacancy is gonna be epic as hell

Ginsburg is 85.

She will be 91 in 2024.

Her spot is definitely going to be taken by a rapist because Hillary is literally the only person who could have lost to our retarded president.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the dem senators beat all the gop senators to death in the senate during a vote, or even just enough to have a majority, the constitution says they are guilty of no crime

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Bearjew posted:

hellword x rapeworld crossover event

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

yes Jamelle, that is, quite literally, winning

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

they are not opponents in a sports game, they are enemies. their interests are selfish hedonism that involve your enslavement and death. they will destroy you unless you destroy them.

• Locked thread