Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ask sit/start questions here.

Post your rules.

Don't sit your studs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Espn 0.5 ppr.

Pretty much decided on my flex but I want someone to give me a different opinion that leaves me an anxiety-riddled husk.

Duke Johnson v. PIT
Pierre Garcon @Min
Chris Carson @Den
Mike Wallace V. ATL

Oh, what the hell, also tell me if I should stick with

ARI D/ST v. WSH
Or claim
SEA D/ST @Den

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ask sit/start questions here.

Post your rules.

Don't sit your studs.

Don't overthink week one. So much changes in the NFL between seasons and you drafted players where you drafted them for a reason. Don't overthink this.

Quiet Feet posted:

Espn 0.5 ppr.

Pretty much decided on my flex but I want someone to give me a different opinion that leaves me an anxiety-riddled husk.

Duke Johnson v. PIT
Pierre Garcon @Min
Chris Carson @Den
Mike Wallace V. ATL

ARI D/ST v. WSH
Or claim
SEA D/ST @Den

That's a good bet on DJJ. The only player I would potentially start over him is Pierre Garcon in case the Vikings give Jimmy G Garcon instead of Goodwin. I would bet against that, given Jimmy G loves throwing to TEs, instead.

Arizona vs Seattle for your DST is a big pile of who the hell knows

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Espn 0.5 ppr.

Duke Johnson v. PIT
Pierre Garcon @Min
Chris Carson @Den
Mike Wallace V. ATL

ARI D/ST v. WSH
Or claim
SEA D/ST @Den

Stand pat. Don’t expect to be wowed by a SEA team with a still-poo poo oline and Legion of Who? That defense is going to see a lot of the field and little of it will be pretty.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thanks all. yeah, think I'll stick with what I've got. Hoping that the Cards defense will look better with the offense getting David Johnson back and upgrading from the Very Old Palmer/Stanton/Gabbert hydra.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Opposing TEs in the Jax/NYG game for my ESPN .5 PPR league:

Eric Ebron vs. JAX
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins @NYG

Ebron's obviously the better player, but the Giants defense is terrible and I think Bortles is gonna throw to the TE a lot whenever he throws?

FLEX position for my Yahoo Standard league:

Alfred Morris @MIN
Pierre Garcon @MIN
Issiah Crowell @DET

Do I think the Niners are going to run or pass more against an unforgiving defense, or do I want to just avoid the situation altogether?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Choose my FLEX, ESPN ppr:

Doug Baldwin, Sea WR @Den
Marvin Jones Jr., Det WR vs NYJ
Corey Davis, Ten WR @Mia
Marquise Goodwin, SF WR @Min
Keelan Cole, Jax WR @NYG

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Standard ESPN scoring, looking for D/ST streaming options.

Currently have Chargers, Saints and Lions are available. Swap out for one of them?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

PyroDwarf posted:

Currently have Chargers, Saints and Lions are available. Swap out for one of them?

I drafted LAC just hours ago and I’m willing to let it ride and see what a good defense (on paper) can do against a Mahomes playing away.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

AnacondaHL posted:

Corey Davis, Ten WR @Mia
Keelan Cole, Jax WR @NYG

I'd play the matchup here.

PyroDwarf posted:

Mahomes is a threat to get 50 TDs, but could also get 60 INTs this season, I'd keep the Chargers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Opposing TEs in the Jax/NYG game for my ESPN .5 PPR league:

Eric Ebron vs. JAX
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins @NYG

Ebron's obviously the better player, but the Giants defense is terrible and I think Bortles is gonna throw to the TE a lot whenever he throws?

FLEX position for my Yahoo Standard league:

Alfred Morris @MIN
Pierre Garcon @MIN
Issiah Crowell @DET

Do I think the Niners are going to run or pass more against an unforgiving defense, or do I want to just avoid the situation altogether?

Ebron plays for the colts I thought

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah he does.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AnacondaHL posted:

Corey Davis, Ten WR @Mia
Keelan Cole, Jax WR @NYG

If Baldwin plays I would absolutely start him, stout defense or not.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Corey Davis, Ten WR @Mia
Keelan Cole, Jax WR @NYG

Seconding Baldwin

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
help me choose my quarterback- ESPN (4 paTD, -2 INT)

Andy Dalton @ IND
Tyrod Taylor vs. PIT

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

Got my EE names confused. Evan Engram vs. ASJ is the question I meant to post here.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Veritek83 posted:

help me choose my quarterback- ESPN (4 paTD, -2 INT)

Andy Dalton @ IND
Tyrod Taylor vs. PIT

Tyrod takes better care of the ball, is playing at home, can make plays with his feet and isn’t Andy Dalton.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Suave Fedora posted:

Tyrod takes better care of the ball, is playing at home, can make plays with his feet and isn’t Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton averaged 235 yards, 2.5 TDs and no picks in four games against bottom-ten defenses against QBs last year (which Indy is). He threw a pick every other game from week 2 - 17 after throwing 4 week one last year. His end of season stats are weird as hell because his first 2 games were poo poo. And he isn't on the Browns who might start an UDFA at LT.

Andy is gonna be good this week, folks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

Beaten but yeah, does Indy even know what a defense is? If there's one team I'd trust Dalton against it's them.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Andy Dalton averaged 235 yards, 2.5 TDs and no picks in four games against bottom-ten defenses against QBs last year (which Indy is). He threw a pick every other game from week 2 - 17 after throwing 4 week one last year. His end of season stats are weird as hell because his first 2 games were poo poo. And he isn't on the Browns who might start an UDFA at LT.

I shoulda paid closer attention to matchups. I have a Dalton bias that prevents me from believing he’s ever worthy of a start.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
1 PPR pick a flex

Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Standard scoring, 0ppr

Need help picking flex:

Allen Hurns @ Car
Kenny Stills vs Ten

Also:

Shady @ Bal
Conner @ Cle?

Evig Vandrar fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 5, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1 PPR pick a flex

Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

In my only two drafts, no other player was more notably taken earlier than ADP than Landry. Buy the hype.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Evig Vandrar posted:

Standard scoring, 0ppr

Need help picking flex:

Allen Hurns @ Car
Kenny Stills vs Ten

Also:

Shady @ Bal
Conner @ Cle?

Stills

Second is tougher. Shady.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Yeah I picked up Dalton to use this week instead of Handsome Jimmy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

YAHOO 0.5 PPR

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: David Johnson
RB: Dalvin Cook
WR: Odell Beckham Jr
WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Chris Hogan
FLEX: LeSean McCoy
TE: Greg Olsen

B: Doug Baldwin?
B: Keelan Cole
B: Dion Lewis
B: Nelson Agholor
B: Tarik Cohen
B: Alfred Morris

Basically my question is do I play Baldwin? Am I right in playing Chris Hogan over him at WR and McCoy over him in the FLEX?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RCarr posted:

YAHOO 0.5 PPR

Basically my question is do I play Baldwin? Am I right in playing Chris Hogan over him at WR and McCoy over him in the FLEX?

It's really tough to say how Baldwin will do, and it's something I'm struggling with too. He's by his own admission not 100%, Denver is a tough place to play, and the Seahawks under Carroll typically stink in road openers. However, the Seattle O line has looked somewhat better, and without Graham and Richardson an even close to healthy Baldwin should get a ton of targets. Kinda goes down to how much the knee will affect him I'd say.

For your lineup I'd go with Baldwin over Shady, Buffalo is going to be horrid and they're on the road no less. Even with the risks Baldwin has a high enough upside to be worth it at the FLEX spot.

Anyway, my question:

ESPN standard, for my FLEX spot:

Nelson Agholor vs. Atlanta, or
Corey Davis at Miami?

I'm leaning Agholor, but Philly and Tennessee are such crapshoots on offense early this season. Jeffrey is out so Agholor should get more volume, but there is so much hype going David's way, and Miami should be atrocious this year.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 5, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

It's really tough to say how Baldwin will do, and it's something I'm struggling with too. He's by his own admission not 100%, Denver is a tough place to play, and the Seahawks under Carroll typically stink in road openers. However, the Seattle O line has looked somewhat better, and without Graham and Richardson an even close to healthy Baldwin should get a ton of targets. Kinda goes down to how much the knee will affect him I'd say.

For your lineup I'd go with Baldwin over Shady, Buffalo is going to be horrid and they're on the road no less. Even with the risks Baldwin has a high enough upside to be worth it at the FLEX spot.

Anyway, my question:

ESPN standard, for my FLEX spot:

Nelson Agholor vs. Atlanta, or
Corey Davis at Miami?

I'm leaning Agholor, but Philly and Tennessee are such crapshoots on offense early this season. Jeffrey is out so Agholor should get more volume, but there is so much hype going David's way, and Miami should be atrocious this year.

Seconding the Baldwin recommendation, especially for a FLEX spot in .5PPR.

For your question...I'd go with Corey Davis. While I tried to target Agholor in both of my leagues, I just don't trust him Week 1 with Big Dick Nick throwing to him. Yes Jeffrey is out, and Mack Hollins is injured, but god drat...that offense looked bad in the pre-season.

My turn:

Standard league. Pick a TE and a FLEX.

Jordan Reed @ Ari
Evan Engram vs. Jax

Leaning Engram here.

Larry Fitz vs. Was
Manny Sanders vs. Sea
Carlos Hyde vs. Pit

I feel like I gotta go with Fitz here. If Bradford is healthy, he's going to hook Fitz up.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

RCarr posted:

YAHOO 0.5 PPR

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: David Johnson
RB: Dalvin Cook
WR: Odell Beckham Jr
WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Chris Hogan
FLEX: LeSean McCoy
TE: Greg Olsen

B: Doug Baldwin?
B: Keelan Cole
B: Dion Lewis
B: Nelson Agholor
B: Tarik Cohen
B: Alfred Morris

I've got Hogan on my bench and Baldwin and Marvin Jones as my WRs with Ajayi as my flex but difference being i'm in a 0PPR league. Didn't consider anything wrong with that until I saw this and now I'm trying not to tinker...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

pubic works project posted:

Standard league. Pick a TE and a FLEX.

Jordan Reed @ Ari
Evan Engram vs. Jax

Leaning Engram here.

Larry Fitz vs. Was
Manny Sanders vs. Sea
Carlos Hyde vs. Pit

I feel like I gotta go with Fitz here. If Bradford is healthy, he's going to hook Fitz up.

I would strongly consider Sanders for that FLEX. He's apparently healthy again, and SEA is almost certainly without Earl Thomas and (update: Earl's back, so adjust accordingly) definitely without KJ Wright. Carroll's scheme has never been great against stuff over the middle of the field anyway, so a great slot guy like Sanders might feast.

But depending on how your opponent is Fitz is the more conservative option, since he's basically guaranteed volume and we don't know how Keenum will look.

Also for TE I'd go with Reed if he's healthy, Arizona lost Matthieu and that Jacksonville defense might literally kill Eli Manning.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 5, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Got my EE names confused. Evan Engram vs. ASJ is the question I meant to post here.

I'd go Evan Engram then.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Help me pick my RB2 and Flex this week:

10 team, Standard Scoring (My RB1 is CMC):

Kerryon Johnson v Nyj
Jamaal Williams v Chi
Jay Ajayi v Atl
Adrian Peterson @ ARI

I also have Morris/Breida but I know v MIN they're not the picks.

12 Team PPR:
Jay Ajayi v Atl
Tarik Cohen @ GB
Giovani Bernard @CIN
James Conner @CLE (Gameday desc probably)

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I got two choices to make:

Standard yahoo noppr.

Mahomes or Cousins at QB

Conner or A. Robinson or C. Davis for FLEX

TommyGun85 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 5, 2018

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Choose 1 FLEX, .5 PPR:

Rex Burkhead vs. HOU
Alfred Morris @ MIN
Duke Johnson vs. PIT
Allen Robinson @ GB
Emmanuel Sanders vs. SEA
Jordy Nelson vs. LAR

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Choose 1 FLEX, .5 PPR:

Rex Burkhead vs. HOU
Alfred Morris @ MIN
Duke Johnson vs. PIT
Allen Robinson @ GB
Emmanuel Sanders vs. SEA
Jordy Nelson vs. LAR

Join me on the Duke Johnson half ppr flex train toot toot motherfuckers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Quiet Feet posted:

Join me on the Duke Johnson half ppr flex train toot toot motherfuckers.

That's what I was leaning toward.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Pick a FLEX for a 10-person Yahoo standard scoring league.

Tevin Coleman @PHI
Keelan Cole @NYG
Will Fuller (?) @NE

None of these options feel great, tbh.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
0.5 PPR, my second WR is Josh Gordon vs PIT. Given the uncertainty about his week one role and condition, do I consider benching him for either of:

Kenny Stills vs TEN
Nelson Agholor vs ATL

Or is this still a DSYS situation?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Vargo posted:

Pick a FLEX for a 10-person Yahoo standard scoring league.

Tevin Coleman @PHI
Keelan Cole @NYG
Will Fuller (?) @NE

None of these options feel great, tbh.

Man, those are some weak flexes for a 10 teamer, I hope you have some good suspended players. I feel like Coleman is the "correct" pick, but I feel like either of those receivers have more upside.

gloom posted:

0.5 PPR, my second WR is Josh Gordon vs PIT. Given the uncertainty about his week one role and condition, do I consider benching him for either of:

Kenny Stills vs TEN
Nelson Agholor vs ATL

I see both of those WR as similar to each other, but both ahead of Gordon for this week at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

gloom posted:

Kenny Stills vs TEN
Nelson Agholor vs ATL

I’d to Agholor. He’s WR1 while Alshon is out and as a fellow Gordon owner, I’m kicking the tires before putting him in my lineup.