Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PlayArtifact/status/1040649068177895425

NeuroticLich fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Man I was so hyped for a blue card and instead I get a card that is good against my monoblue :(

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

turboraton posted:

Man I was so hyped for a blue card and instead I get a card that is good against my monoblue :(

I can't wait to stop a blue deck's Zeus ult on the round they would have had 7 mana.

I can't wait for the exact same thing to happen to me. :negative:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The art for this game continues to be incredible

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm that rubick and that silencer is ponchis getting into the beta first.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayArtifact/status/1040711569091354624

Indeed!

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When the enemy's melee creep is hitting harder at 30 minutes in than my team's Spectre

I'm guessing it's a card that buffs melee creeps, maybe an improvement that spawns some tougher mega creeps or something?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
https://twitter.com/playartifact/status/1040738951638638592

Full image:

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 15, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Hekkin :same:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah a counter card to wide decks

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Looks like Valve's started to do community card reveals. BTS has a card reveal on Monday and Savjz (HS player) just dropped this:

https://twitter.com/Savjz/status/1041022668282068993

Gaining initiative whenever you want sounds super strong based on how highly PAX casters valued it.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
"get initiative" is confusing as gently caress to me and could be read in a bunch of different ways.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
What other way is there other than after you play the card you have initiative for the next lane, which you normally would pass to your opponent upon playing a card?

Tidehunter is cool as gently caress and we're already seeing the design space available outside of those basic beginner PAX decks.

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

mikeraskol posted:

What other way is there other than after you play the card you have initiative for the next lane, which you normally would pass to your opponent upon playing a card?

Tidehunter is cool as gently caress and we're already seeing the design space available outside of those basic beginner PAX decks.

From a reply in the tweet chain it looks like it means you get the play again immediately after playing this card, so you can either play another card or pass.

I am wondering about the edge case of what happens when you play this card and pass after your opponent already passed on their last play. Presumably they are forced to choose to play or pass again so that you get the chance at first play in the next lane?

GCValentine fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 15, 2018

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GCValentine posted:

From a reply in the tweet chain it looks like it means you get the play again immediately after playing this card, so you can either play another card or pass.

I am wondering about the edge case of what happens when you play this card and pass after your opponent already passed on their last play. Presumably they are forced to choose to play or pass again so that you get the chance at first play in the next lane?

In that case you played a card after your opponent passed, so I'd assume they get a turn.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My initial reading was that taking initiative was VERY powerful but it actually just sort of makes the card free to cast (mana cost not included.) That makes it maybe not-junk but I can't say it's particularly exciting and it very nearly wastes a card draw.

Tide himself is a huge meat-wall but since the card is only useful on red heroes I wonder if he'd be that useful in a red-blue deck with only one other red? Hm. Though I guess burning it on Tide, especially early game, makes him basically impossible to kill.

I do really like the balance idea of getting a really strong hero with a crap signature spell that eats 3 card slots.

E: oh wait,

quote:

Yeah, this DOES mean it's a 1-cost card you can keep in reserve to steal initiative with (I think?) Opponent passes and takes initiative -> you play this and steal it, then pass (retaining initiative) -> they have no way to get it back unless you go another round.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 15, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

GCValentine posted:

Yep I was way wrong. Card is much worse.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Get initiative gives you an extra action right after playing the card, which allows you to either cast another spell right after, and lose the initiative normally, or to cast kraken shell and pass so that you retain initiative

EDIT: I quoted Bruno's twitter there btw

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm a TCG fiend, and I've dumped so many other games in this genre because the art sucked (too cartoony, too literal, over processed). Almost everything I've seen so far in Artifact has looked fantastic.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mikeraskol posted:

Yep I was way wrong. Card is much worse.

What are you talking about? Kraken Shell is ridiculously good.

1 mana gets you a +1 armor modify, which is decent enough for 1 mana already, but most importantly gives you initiative. That means you can do whatever else you want in a lane and not have to worry about losing initiative, because you can end your actions in a lane with Kraken Shell and still guarantee you are starting first next lane by passing with the second action. For a 1 mana spell it gives you a ton of options.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Imagine if you had 8 Kraken Shells in your hand. Imagine it.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Having Kraken shell means you probably can make greedy plays to win in a lane while keeping initiative in the next one so that seems neat

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

NeuroticLich posted:

What are you talking about? Kraken Shell is ridiculously good.

1 mana gets you a +1 armor modify, which is decent enough for 1 mana already, but most importantly gives you initiative. That means you can do whatever else you want in a lane and not have to worry about losing initiative, because you can end your actions in a lane with Kraken Shell and still guarantee you are starting first next lane by passing with the second action. For a 1 mana spell it gives you a ton of options.

You’re right - I misunderstood the Bruno tweet about this and thought all it meant was you get another turn. I didn’t think about how you can pass that next turn. Really interesting card.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayArtifact/status/1041165593821425664

Neat card. Can be used on the enemy as well

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
It's so great that they are revealing cards in such a fast pace, truly surprising coming from valve. Also, nice card for M O N O B L U E.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Another card, and some clarification on mechanics:
https://twitter.com/PlayArtifact/status/1041175563220639745

Both card images:

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

turboraton posted:

It's so great that they are revealing cards in such a fast pace, truly surprising coming from valve. Also, nice card for M O N O B L U E.

I'm not used to this pace from them, this is basically breakneck speed for Valve.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah this speed is unheard of from Valve.

Also, here's a new green card and a red hero:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wow double edge is sure a card

Can be used on both yours and the enemy hero to kill them, to push towers and overall a solid burst card.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
The most exciting, at least for me, is that they were very tongue-in-cheek referring to other modes (like draft) in the ArtifactionGG podcast.

As draft is my most loved mode, I'm very excited to see how that is.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

James Totes posted:

The most exciting, at least for me, is that they were very tongue-in-cheek referring to other modes (like draft) in the ArtifactionGG podcast.

As draft is my most loved mode, I'm very excited to see how that is.

Some kind of limited mode already exists and is playable, and beta testers say they like it. We don't have any details past that as far as I know.

Very glad we're getting a steady stream of new info!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbRgK7qztg

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Centaur looks really good, well, Double Edge looks really good. I feel like we’re gonna see a lot of Centaur + Axe just for the Double Edge/Berserker’s Call interaction to clear our lanes. This makes even tanky heroes like Axe or Bristle second guess if they’re even safe against creeps, as long as you have a red hero in that lane opposing them. Toss that on the enemy’s Axe and all of a sudden he might melt in a single combat round.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah it was a million dollar first place prize. That's rad. That probably will attract quite a few people

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm kinda excited to get in on a card game at the start

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

eonwe posted:

I'm kinda excited to get in on a card game at the start

Same. Hopefully by TI beta invite comes sooner rather than later.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Does that mean lane creeps or any non-hero?

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Jesus that gank card is devastating for my poor blue heroes. Also https://twitter.com/PlayArtifact/status/1041800594342596608

VOTE BLUE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

Does that mean lane creeps or any non-hero?

I'm assuming it can be literally anything