Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Look, I think when the Australian goons start out with a monthly thread they expect that thread to do its job until the month is up. I know we don't directly vote for the thread starter, but there is an implication there that the OP will remain the OP until the time for a new OP comes around. The Australian goons 'made' their choice and we expect the posters to get on with the job, namely debating how best to bring about an Environmentally friendly Communist Dystopia through some sort of self-destructive accelerationism.

There's a lot of resentment and anger in the thread now and I think that's going to carry through to the next thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Google, show me the shittest au pair take

Thanks Google

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god Mr Potato Head on insiders.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Insiders is spicy at the moment

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Oh god Mr Potato Head on insiders.
https://twitter.com/InsidersABC/status/1036031869337317376

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

:perfect:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Holy poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Jesus christ that was perfect

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That was loving amazing.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Katter party stripped of five staff by Qld Premier for refusing to denounce 'final solution' speech

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/10192636

quote:

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced she will strip Katter's Australian Party of five extra staff positions it was granted last term, after it refused to denounce federal senator Fraser Anning's contentious maiden speech last month.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-02/scott-morrison-says-no-evidence-of-power-misuse-in-au-pair-saga/10192620

quote:

But the Prime Minister believes Mr Dutton acted appropriately, and said the immigration system benefitted from having a minister able to exercise discretion on certain cases.
"There is nothing before me that suggests any misuse of that power," Mr Morrison said.
"Nothing at all.
"It's not a file, it's a human being."
, and we, on the advice of AFL officials, get to decide which files are and are not human beings

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-02/scott-morrison-says-no-evidence-of-power-misuse-in-au-pair-saga/10192620

, and we, on the advice of AFL officials, get to decide which files are and are not human beings

Someone get out the embattled metre because Dutton is pinging.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://twitter.com/MattDoran91/status/1036144218245234695

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
slightly confused foreigner question, did the potato head guy stab Turnbull in the back because he wanted to be prime minister and then the shark guy somehow stabbed him in the back afterwards and beat him to it?

or was potato head a stalking horse for the shark guy all along?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

XMNN posted:

or was potato head a stalking horse for the shark guy all along?

Nobody involved in this shitshow has that much forethought.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Turnbull stood aside and the Sharks guy became the not-Potato candidate by default. He won because The Potato still didn't have the numbers on the second spill attempt.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Goons with a longer memory than mine: I want to contribute to the fattest politician thread but the fattest one I can think of is Russ Hinze and I'm sure there's another Fitzgerald Inquiry superstar who was fatter and had a horrible nose to boot. Anyone remember who it was?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
There are politicians more corpulent than Christiansen?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Pre weight loss Joe Hockey was pretty fat.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

joe hockey's big jockey

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Starshark posted:

Goons with a longer memory than mine: I want to contribute to the fattest politician thread but the fattest one I can think of is Russ Hinze and I'm sure there's another Fitzgerald Inquiry superstar who was fatter and had a horrible nose to boot. Anyone remember who it was?

Who was the dude who complained that people who play video games was lazy but also said that people had the right to be fat and eat poo poo if they want. I don't remember who that was but I'm guessing he was a big unit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Russ Hinze was loving huge.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Kim Beasley

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Just another great night out with the fellas.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, Russ is pretty much the fattest bastard I can think of who was in a state or federal parliament.

Former Labor Senator Bob Collins was close.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Maybe it is Russ Hinze I'm thinking of after all. Couldn't quite tell how fat he was in the pic I provided. I mean, he looks fat, but not as fat as in the You Am I pic.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mal Colston was a big fat fucker

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

NTRabbit posted:

Mal Colston was a big fat fucker

Oh what a horrible fucker he was I'm getting tremors

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
*pointedly stays silent*

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Starshark posted:

Don’t forget Dick Adams

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Why was I unaware that Brian Blessed was an MP

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Dick Adams wins the Aussie fat politican challenge

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

And let's not forget George Reid

quote:

In one particular incident his quick wit and affinity for humour were demonstrated when a heckler pointed to his ample paunch and exclaimed "What are you going to call it, George?" to which Reid replied: "If it's a boy, I'll call it after myself. If it's a girl I'll call it Victoria. But if, as I strongly suspect, it's nothing but piss and wind, I'll name it after you."[7]

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/rharris334/status/1036218468440264704

lol this is petty

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We'll take that money for the next stage of the CBD tram extension and Marion Rd-Cross Rd tram overpass without them thanks

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'l never get why Labor wouldn't just go, "Yep, that's not bad. If elected we'll do the exact same thing" and totally suck the wind from the Lib's sails.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Once again allergic to Cross River Rail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Once again allergic to Cross River Rail.

Brisbane already has seven bridges over that storm drain.

• Locked thread