Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

XMNN posted:

well no, they earn £26k (if average means median) but they get up in the morning, they get on the bus, they turn up at work and then...?

they must do something all day

Deny benefits for about half the posters in this thread, from the sound of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

WhatEvil posted:

I then explained to him a bit about how it's because JC has been anti-palestine and he agreed that it all seemed to make sense.

Uhhhhhh

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jose posted:

hope you're already for even more austeirty

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1037661665142206465

"An old legend links the yellowhammer to the Devil. Its tongue was supposed to bear a drop of his blood, and the intricate pattern on the eggs was said to carry a concealed, possibly evil, message; these satanic associations sometimes led to the persecution of the bird."

Apropos

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Do you ever wonder what tony blair will look like when he's 80?

Something like

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

The Tories are going to gently caress me over, aren't they? I'm Canadian, but due to my parents being Scottish, I applied for and got UK citizenship. I'm living and working in Denmark on my UK passport.

Obviously if the worst happens I can move to the UK or even back to Canada. And there are many in this thread who are getting far worse from years of NHS cuts, etc. - I am doing fine here.

Rees-Mogg for example seems quite happy to shiv any expats (and the entire Irish question).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

In Denmark here and I haven't had cash in my wallet for a few months. I just use my DanKort/VISA or maybe MobilePay - takes a couple seconds to pay via mobile phone.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Nixon resigning, Apollo XVII.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jose posted:

Old people vote badly so you're just completely wrong there

Can I vote in Scotland as an old if my father was "known to police" for being involved in the theft of the Stone... (more problematically, being linked to a group likely involved in blowing up post boxes).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Conkers!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I suppose I can understand his position as something akin to "Tibet belongs to Tibetans" and that he wants the Han colonists that Beijing is settling there to go back to China proper. And yeah, he did say there is a moral imperative to help someone in need or danger... but wow that's bad optics at best.

I went looking for a more comprehensive report on his speech, on the expectation that he is being selectively quoted, but no luck so far.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Specifically the person who would otherwise be the ruler of said country as head of its state religion.

I'm sure the queen would whinge if you booted her out of her palace but I'm disinclined to give much of a poo poo about her political ideas.

So... you support the Chinese occupation of Tibet?

:hmmyes:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I'd prefer if China wasn't a oval office to its citizens but that doesn't mean I give a poo poo what the dalai lama thinks, or that I am super keen to have him turn the place into a de facto monarchy.

It is possible to articulate a much better argument against colonialism than "it makes the buddhist pope sad"

So you *do* support the Chinese occupation of Tibet. Okay then.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Troublegum and Jilted, what a year

Jesus, the shame of being born in 1994.

I think I win on "best albums the year you were born". Sgt. Pepper's and "Are You Experienced".

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jedit posted:

You are Stephen Wilson AICM£5.

@Puntification - no, imagine the political landscape being so hosed that UKIP aren't readily identifiable as far right.

No, SW was born a day after me

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jedit posted:

Which is why you quoted the first two lines of Time Flies, I take it?

Just that I'm not him. I do know a couple of his current and former band members, but he and I have not met.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Mostly the fact that her first name is Penny.

It'd sit much better if it was, I dunno, Eviscerata. Eviscerata Mordaunt.

A mordant is used in dyes:

noun

A substance, typically an inorganic oxide, that combines with a dye or stain and thereby fixes it in a material.

A corrosive liquid used to etch the lines on a printing plate.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

more like Suomi after class

It'll Åland in tears, and Helsinki to a state of depression.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

orange sky posted:

The UK doesn't exist alone in the world, my dudes

<clears throat> "Wogs start at Calais."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Just saatana let what you've done perkeleate

ftfy

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Maugrim posted:

Name looks familiar, hello forums user Rust Martialis

I thought I was Steven Wilson this week

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Pochoclo posted:

Work canteens are universally terrible unless you happen to work at Google

Nope. CapitalOne's cafe at their HQ was a drat restaurant. Food was free to staff too.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

After an hour talking to my dad about fundamental physics, I'm somewhat dubious of that.

Maybe your dad is a bad explainer, or you're a bad listener, or quite possibly *both* of you are just ignorant of cosmology.

Go find Cosmos on YouTube and watch the bit on the Big Bang. Maybe make your dad watch it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

In the Gaeilgeoir community, it's been decided that the Irish for Brexit is "Sasamach" a clever portmanteau of "Sasanach" (a Brit) and "amach" (out).

Brits Out.

Teuchteremain

• Locked thread