Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The Automator posted:

This didn't actually happen you rubes

So just throw it in a list of other stuff that Cowboy did say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

Well cowboy did call rampage a n*gger with a hard R so its not far fetched (not in an insulting way but still)

And Melvin, unless that was also just fake news.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CommonShore posted:

This post makes me think that the Chad Mendes fight might be the best comparison on Conor's resume, and it's not one that makes me think it's winnable for him. Khabib is bigger, tougher, and better than Chad in every way except boxing techinque.

I think Khabib is better, and the comparison is a decent one, but their styles aren't that similar.
Chad has a great double that he can explode with, while Khabib insists on trotting you down and getting a lock. He's arguably worse at getting it into his domain.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

First Jimmy Smith, now the rum. The Bellator transition continues.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

I gotta believe his coaches are doing everything they can to try to keep him from getting Jose Aldo'd. I think it all depends on whether he listens to them on the night or not.

From what limited stuff I've seen Javi Mendez say, it seems like Khabib won't listen to them and will barely listen to his dad. I wouldn't expect much tactical changeup for Conor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm the single still sponge-shaped soap print.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Alaois posted:

or is he the biggest ppv draw in mma history because they promote him

lol

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Chookagian said a month ago she was going to keep herself at championship weight through 228 in case they needed her

It's sad that there's now degrees of trying to play company man. This vs Usman actually cutting the weight proactively.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Till is one of those fighters so convinced he was invincible that he may never come back from that kind of one sided loss the same

Especially with how his legacy was the only thing he cared about

UFC should Ngannou as a career counselor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Demtor posted:

After watching her against Karolina Kowalkiewicz, I want Jessican Andrade to destroy about 95% of the rest of women fighters in the UFC. "This is how you fight!" :black101::gibs:
Seeing her walk KK down with that hunched stance right after Rogan compared her to a young Wanderlei was :discourse:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

FishBowlRobot posted:

Definitely Khabib’s best opponent. The thing is, Conor made Aldo and Eddie both fight in a dumb way.
Is Khabib too much of a stone cold single-minded killer, or will he too fall victim to Irish hypnosis?

That's the tragedy of losing Tony x Khabib. That would have been (and still is) a dynamite fight to make.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Is BJ vs Ryan the most extreme pairing of fighter on downswing of career vs developing fighter? Excluding any Japanese MMA.

What's Ryan been up to? What's with the layoff?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, BJ seems really off these days. For being such an iron-headed guy most of his career, he sure is wearing his CTE badly. Even hearing him talk in interviews is hard to watch for me. He's just a ghost of who he was before.

I don't see it. I think he's mellowed out with age, but doesn't seem like he's having trouble expressing himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsmnfBmbW0

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

hot take: zabit is overrated and he'll be beaten by someone who is a 2.5 to 3.5:1 underdog

I think Zabit has been believing his own hype to some degree, not taking fights as seriously as he could.
His skill level is really high, but as long as he isn't 100% focused in fights, he's gonna keep giving opponents little outs.
I think he can rise to the occasion if he's given a better opponent, but would have to train like that in camp.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm sure the doping pop turned him on Fabricio.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

mewse posted:

Good ol ProperTwelve Whiskey

Does Proper 12 mean 12 years normally?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Same as Reebok. The illusion of being a sport to make the sell price higher.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1042562054723231744?s=19

Yoel just gained 10lbs off this news.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

kensei posted:

Hahaha the UFC owns USADA right? Or they do now after paying them off for JBJ to get such a light sentence.

How does USADA bring in / pick these arbitrators? That was the weak spot, feels like, just make sure someone you can buy gets the case.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

eshock posted:

Funny how Jackson-Wink had a rep for having a good steroid guy for years, then Greg Jackson mysteriously checks out, all their fighters start losing, and we find out a few months later that Jones has been snitching.

One step closer to uncovering the answer of the secret node.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Like he's in the sauna? Or he's talking about dipping and cutting at the same time?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nick Diaz stops in the middle of his ocean swim to tread water and yell at the sky "Don't be scared, homie."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

From browsing BE:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/25/17899180/ufc-alexander-gustafsson-jon-jones-cheat-beating-him-mma-news
Pretty reasonable way to try to get back into the picture.

Forgot to follow up on his injury in June. Turns out it was a hamstring:
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/9/17670536/ufc-dana-white-reveals-serious-injury-benched-alexander-gustafsson-until-end-of-year-longer-mma

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Real typical of the UFC to let that slide and give him a fight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

TheReverend posted:

165 is stupid when 170 is 5 lbs away.

Yeah, seems weird that the gaps would be
145 + 10 >
155 + 10 >
165 + 5 >
170 + 15 >

That if nothing else makes me think no one high up looked at this.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Jerusalem, ruling on the.... i-word or the m-word?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I want to see Gus lay out Jones so loving bad ahhhhhhh

Same with DC, honestly. Not that I wanna see JBJ pay for cheating in the ring, just that I want to see those guys get the win to define their careers.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

DaFrugalGamer posted:

is Khabib gonna takr conor down and submit.him or will he get KOed teying to do it

Good question.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

almost everyone who pops didn't actually cheat

By what measure? Does Usada have stats on test vs final outcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXmugGhmvk/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1aklvp70i639s

“Suga” Sean O’Malley is out of UFC 229 due to USADA's new policy it seems.

I'll provisionally believe it on account of him passing the eye test.

• Locked thread