Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

rovert posted:

Some super dumb Creative this week.

WWE.com uploaded this digital of the Bellas match for some reason:

So who’s photoshopping Brie into that pic of Samoa Joe at Impact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I saw some people trying to blame that on Logan. Okay.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

what I'm getting from these results is "alright we'll tease Becky but gently caress YOU, LOVE ROMAN"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

keevo posted:

So who’s photoshopping Brie into that pic of Samoa Joe at Impact?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Thank you friend.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stuck :(

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Wow the Boring Twins are still the loving worst, they're actively ruining Braun, and the two people in the Shield that aren't terrible are stuck propping up Mr. not really The Rock's cousin. I'm glad I always work Monday nights lately.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Molestationary Store posted:

Wow the Boring Twins are still the loving worst, they're actively ruining Braun, and the two people in the Shield that aren't terrible are stuck propping up Mr. not really The Rock's cousin. I'm glad I always work Monday nights lately.

Yeah but you’re missing the important part.

Bayley and Sasha really love each other :)

Also you get more Brie tomorrow

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've re-read the Raw summery twice and seen the .gifs, but I still don't quite believe any of that broadcast happened. I now feel more compelled to watch for the train wreck factor. Why is KO back already? Why would Braun align himself with Dolph and Drew? Who told the Bellas they are the Usos? Why Drake Maverick?! Seth taking Daffney-level irrelevant yet also needlessly dangerous bumps? This is TNA writing and performance on a WCW budget.

Too Big, Too Thicc should have been Dana & Ember's tag name.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 4, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God :xd:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It simultaneously felt as boring and filler as any other Raw but had like 5 times the amount of “what the gently caress” poo poo than average.

WWE can make an episode where Drake Maverick cosplays as a tiny AoP, an Undertaker appearance, and Brie Bella dying twice really that boring.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's a race against time between Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella to see if she'll kill herself by botch or he'll kill himself by doing exactly what he planned to do.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Credit where it’s due, at least Dolph stayed gone a few weeks during his “i quit” story. KO couldn’t quit a week and Cena couldn’t stay fired a week. Undertaker and Kane couldn’t even stay kidnapped by the wyatts a week.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's a race against time between Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella to see if she'll kill herself by botch or he'll kill himself by doing exactly what he planned to do.

I hope they watch their daughter like hawks when she’s at the playground. Either she’ll jump off everything or inexplicably defy physics and fall off in ways no other kid managed to.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Well at least football is back on Monday nights for the next few months.

Edit: Rewatching RAW (because I hate myself) and hears something that really loving bothered me - Lillian Garcia's (who I'm not blaming) introduction of the Bella Twins.

"Making their in-ring return to RAW after two years and eight seasons of the hit show Total Bellas..."

God, the amount of self-fellating this company does would have my cat going "dude, stop licking yourselves so much."

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 4, 2018

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
The fact that we are heading towards a Shield vs. The Entire Raw Heel Roster feud with the Shield inevitably winning by Big Dog is the most depressing thing ever.

You thought Roman vs. Brock was bad? Strap in, motherfuckers!

EDIT: Also, KO coming back a week after quitting and joining in on the beat down with Braun etc was peak "creative has nothing for you". They started that storyline 7 days ago and abandoned it immediately for no apparent reason.

a bitchin jetski fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 4, 2018

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
A casual fan friend of mine and I watched All In together and after, he wondered if Vince would book a really, really good Raw to try to fight back.

Guess not.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I feel like in the not-distant future we're going to be asking "Remember when Braun was over?" and it's going to be tragically sad.

Even before the heel turn they had cooled him off considerably. Compare the reactions he was getting in July to the ones he got in January.

Also lmao @ brie

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

A casual fan friend of mine and I watched All In together and after, he wondered if Vince would book a really, really good Raw to try to fight back.

Guess not.

Counterpoint: Vince thinks THIS is how you own Cody and the Bucks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HBK looks like crap and i still would watch him wrestle over another loving HHH match.
Taker is pathetic right now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

HBK looks like crap

Look him right in the good eye if you're gonna talk poo poo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
HBK sounded like his voicebox was broken. He could’ve also been partaking in the huffing of oily rags backstage with Vince, though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roman is very good at GTA. It’s how he was able to help his pals kill the cops that arrested them, and it’s how he was able to hijack the police van and drive it back to the arena.

All that was missing was him asking Braun’s Goon Squad if they wanted to go bowling.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

a bitchin jetski posted:

The fact that we are heading towards a Shield vs. The Entire Raw Heel Roster feud with the Shield inevitably winning by Big Dog is the most depressing thing ever.

You thought Roman vs. Brock was bad? Strap in, motherfuckers!

EDIT: Also, KO coming back a week after quitting and joining in on the beat down with Braun etc was peak "creative has nothing for you". They started that storyline 7 days ago and abandoned it immediately for no apparent reason.

at least when Brock was gone with the belt it was preventing Roman from burying the entire roster in a single episode

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Can't believe The Shield are ACAP and assault police officers.

gently caress, Roman is so over with me now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Raw sounds awful holy poo poo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

bradzilla posted:

Raw sounds awful holy poo poo

It was bring on MNF!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Random thoughts from watching leaving RAW running in the background:
- lol the Revival
- lol HBK/Taker did more to sell me on a match between them at WrestleMania the next Saudi Arabia show than for the HHH/Taker match
- wtf Drake Maverick what a weird choice to manage AoP
- Lashley getting stuck in these dumb skits is his punishment for leaving, isn't it?
- Renee was not particularly good. Maybe it's that the third spot besides Cole and Graves is cursed? Nobody has done well in that role afaik.

This Raw was really bad, half the time I was thinking "what the hell is going on?" and not in a good way.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i really hope the ratings keep going down and fox drops the deal.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gonz posted:

Roman is very good at GTA. It’s how he was able to help his pals kill the cops that arrested them, and it’s how he was able to hijack the police van and drive it back to the arena.

All that was missing was him asking Braun’s Goon Squad if they wanted to go bowling.

Shield GTA has three playable characters, and you still might as well just play as Roman for every mission. His stats are all maxed out - even lung capacity!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Shield GTA has three playable characters, and you still might as well just play as Roman for every mission. His stats are all maxed out - even lung capacity!

...drat it.

Roman - Franklin Chilton

Seth - Michael de Santa

Dean - Trevor Phillips

drat it, it loving works.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

CobiWann posted:

...drat it.

Roman - Franklin Chilton

Seth - Michael de Santa

Dean - Trevor Phillips

drat it, it loving works.

Seth did betray them to the authorities/The Authority for peace and security after all!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a bitchin jetski posted:

Meltzer joked (?) that WWE probably thought they went above and beyond just by keeping him off house shows over the weekend.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer joked (?) that WWE probably thought they went above and beyond just by keeping him off house shows over the weekend.

lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There was a segment explaining the KO backstory but it got bumped for Vince to gently caress with Bob some more before he gets bored and releases him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how much better this storyline works as Shawn vs Undertaker. Even the "ONE LAST TIME" tagline fits better. I had to go out of my way to remind myself this is about HHH before Undertaker was like "oh yeah I should say his name" near the end.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh hey did braun have the briefcase back last night or has it just disappeared into the void that is baron cobrin's office

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Kevin was at a family wedding.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rovert posted:

Kevin was at a family wedding.

wait did they write a "i quit" story just to give him a weekend off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I gotta give KO credit, there's people in my life I haven't forgiven for things they did years ago that weren't as bad as tossing me off a cage into an announce table, tossing me off a ladder into a table, knocking over a port a potty while i was in it, flipping my rental car over, refusing to form a tag team with me for no reason, and laughing at me maniacally after doing each of those things. KO is a bigger man than I am.

• Locked thread