Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This is what I’m running btw, no pack luck so had to grind for obj cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

it's on premier, the 15$ a month version, it wont be on the 5$ a month version until like next may. And it's not worth buying/playing for career mode, which is apparently still broken.

My suggestion if you like the manager stuff is to get into Football manager, which owns and will eat your life.

Thing is that I like to play some matches too so I ended getting PES 2019 on february on PSN for like 10 eurobucks or so. PES 2020 (now it seems to be called eFootball PES 2020 :psyduck:) seems to have an improved master league and you can slap mods on both PC and PS4 versions but I still kinda like the huge amount of Fifa licenses... I guess I'll wait for a christmas sale on both and see what I end getting. I played a Football Manager years ago and it was awesome but I miss the actual gameplay.

I play PES5 and 6 on PC updated to actual rosters from time to time because they're still fun and still own FIFA 13 on Xbox360 which was drat fun to play too even if career mode wasn't too deep.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Played weekend league for the first time and it was awful. That mode sucks all the fun out of the game. Everybody has the same meta teams, it's try hard city and opponents do anything they can to get you riled up.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Played weekend league for the first time and it was awful. That mode sucks all the fun out of the game. Everybody has the same meta teams, it's try hard city and opponents do anything they can to get you riled up.

Div Rivals is WAY worse than weekend league in my experience in terms of people being assholes

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

I'm gonna redeem my entry ticket in a couple of weeks when I don't have to work weekends. How did you do and what rewards did you get? I'm not looking forward to my squad of grafters getting repeatedly crushed by icon + totw squads but I figure maybe I can somehow get 6 wins and possibly something useful out of it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

greazeball posted:

I'm gonna redeem my entry ticket in a couple of weeks when I don't have to work weekends. How did you do and what rewards did you get? I'm not looking forward to my squad of grafters getting repeatedly crushed by icon + totw squads but I figure maybe I can somehow get 6 wins and possibly something useful out of it.

It depends on platform of course but teams are generally not that stacked in weekend league unless you go on a serious win streak and get in the upper echelon of matchmaking. Lots of relatively cheap bpl teams with a single higher tier player like Son or VVD with an icon swap player or two is pretty much the norm.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Don't give me hope!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah I feel WL is the best mode too, but granted I win more there.

Best other than the friendlies ofc

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well, I only managed to play on Friday when I was tired af and 2-3 games on Sunday, so looking back it wasn't the best decision in the world to choose this weekend to try weekend league.
I won 2 out of the first 5 games and then kept losing until I decided to just give up. Think I played maybe 8-9 games total? But didn't really enjoy any of them for some reason. Maybe I was subconsciously stressed or something dumb?

So yeah, watch me pull Messi out of my reward pack on Thursday I guess.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Just packed SIF Kane from the UCL SBC..
Should I sell him yesterday or keep him for eventual future First Owner stuff?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Heads up those UCL cards are going to update in not too long so Gomez and Rudiger could be good pickups for cheap for your EPL squad. Seems like UCL Alisson could eventually be a real monster if Liverpool progress a few rounds and he's not unaffordable yet.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Was gonna grab immobile but lol @ lazio

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jimenez could be a pretty strong prem CAM option with an upgrade or two and artist chem

Money to be made there maybe

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wait, are you sure all those blue UCL cards update as the team progresses? I thought only those special RTTF cards updated :confused:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re correct

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ah gently caress what are the loving blue cards then, just blue?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I think so. Another special requirement for SBCs and challenges, but nothing else :shrug:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

greazeball posted:

Ah gently caress what are the loving blue cards then, just blue?

Yes.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I've said it before, I'm not very good at this game

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, apparently I got 2 premium gold packs and 3k coins from winning 2 games in the weekend league.
From rivals I have to chose between 1 elektrum players pack + 2 premium gold packs, or 2 untradeable elektrum players pack and 4 untradeable gold packs. What to do, what to do...

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
Whenever I meet someone with WL reward cards in the lower rivals divisions its often a tough game and sometimes a straight L but at least those people tend to skip celebrations or start time wasting in the 60th minute if they're a goal up.

The most satisfying wins are against the lower division players who have stacked teams with lots of icons and/or expensive SBC cards that know lots of skill moves but cant do right stick player switching to defend. :D

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Went for untradeable packs. Best player I got was Thiago Silva. I'll take it I guess?

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqkauBa4VI

Uhhh, what happened here? My keeper stood halfway up the pitch after his goal kick and he just chipped over him, feels a bit exploit-y. Fortunately man was an idiot, he lost two players two red cards and I beat him 2:1. :D

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I hate to ask cause normally I try and find these things out for myself but I can't right now. Until when are the best of TOTW in packs?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It says 2 days 15 hours as I'm loading the game right now

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

greazeball posted:

It says 2 days 15 hours as I'm loading the game right now

Thanks friend

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Maybe it's because I don't really check the market that often, but I have a feeling 83-84 rated players are selling for pretty high prices.
I just looked through my club and insta sold 83 rated players for 4-5k. I think everybody is doing the TOTW or black friday upgrade packs.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lol :owned:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently he said Sieg Heil during a TV show or something?

Anyway, I did the guarantees TOTW SBC. Got 86 Nainggolan, awesome. Decided to do it again, got a 79 rated French guy :owned:
Should have quit when I was ahead...

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Apparently he said Sieg Heil during a TV show or something?

Anyway, I did the guarantees TOTW SBC. Got 86 Nainggolan, awesome. Decided to do it again, got a 79 rated French guy :owned:
Should have quit when I was ahead...

He did say that. Not sure if this the most fruitful avenue to increase diversity and equality in the FUT community but I guess they are not wrong to suspend his status as an "ICON" card. :v:

Did the untradable TOTW upgrade, got IF Pacheco. Then I did the tradable one. Got IF Pacheco again. :shrug:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, accidentally used my draft token on a single player draft :negative:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Free packs

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
These are the two squads I ended up with so far. I haven't spent any real money on the game, so I'm very glad with what I have.
I also have POTM Vardy, 86 TOTW Nainggolan, the storyline Politano etc.

I did the Benzema SBC and then I packed the normal Benzema in one of the reward packs lol. Oh well, another 87 rated player that'll come in handy for an SBC in the future.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 8, 2019

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I just finished weekend league and got 11 wins so I'm pretty stoked to see what's under the tree on Thursday.

This is the squad I was using:

I leaned pretty heavily on my loan players to get over the hump. VVD, Kante and Viera are all sooo loving good. I've got POTM Vardy and Scream Ozil on the bench for good measure.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Terrible red picks but packed Neymar from gold 2 rewards lol

Sell now or wait?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Sell now or wait?

he might go up a bit tomorrow but yeah sell his rear end

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Sell now or wait?

Nice! I haven't packed anything really good since I got NIF Son at the start of the cycle.

Anyway, sell him before Christmas. There's probably another market crash on the way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

With the market wide price drop, any budget Serie A players should make sure to pick up Dries Mertens as a CAM

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I stopped playing but I did the Simon FUTMAS SBC on the app. He used to play for my team and was awesome. Can't be bothered to actually start up fifa and try him out though :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

I stopped playing but I did the Simon FUTMAS SBC on the app. He used to play for my team and was awesome. Can't be bothered to actually start up fifa and try him out though :effort:

I used his vanilla card for the ligue 1 first owner objective and it was super fun. Very fast and agile, still fairly decent shooting.

Edit: drat mertens for sub 40k :eyepop: gonna snap him up