Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yeah the seasonal xp packs and stuff especially are REALLY good this year its cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I managed to do all the foundations SBCs using only the starter squad they gave you. I got lucky and got a silver pack which contained another silver pack. That one was tradable, so I sold all those items and with that ~2k managed to do all 5 of the SBCs.
No sick rewards though, except some stupid 80 rated TOTW keeper.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
As a UNC grad I really like that I can have Mia Hamm as my endgame icon goal

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Last year I got tired of FIFA before the sweet endgame packs. I’m kinda looking forward to picking up EAFC in the late game this year once I finally work though my backlog of other games. Meanwhile I’ll just keep lurking for the sweet pulls

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Pulled Manuel Neuer in my 84x2 pack, so that's pretty cool

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Pulled Manuel Neuer in my 84x2 pack, so that's pretty cool

I got him from something as well, i can't really fit him in my team right now though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Packed rude Jude

Sell now or wait until release?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

Packed rude Jude

Sell now or wait until release?

I think meta players tend to go up on release in the first few days so maybe wait?

Also, for pro clubs this year, I think they are finally doing cross-play! I know the other PS5 goons are up for merging the Parmos clubs if you PC guys want to finally form Parmos United with us. I don't really care who makes the club.

We typically play with an any but if you guys don't want to I don't have a strong preference, especially this year when defending is hard as all hell and we'll probably have more players with the combining of the clubs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sick

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So finally got around to play some games.
Game feels much slower, but maybe that's because not everybody is running around with 99 rated players.
Game looks great, new visuals are cool too (but I'll probably turn them off soon, overlays on the field get distracting).
However, maybe it is related to my camera settings, but whenever you kickoff after a goal has been scored, I only see the top half of the card of the player that just scored. I also can't see the score on the pitch, pretty weird.

Anyway, Russo has scored a ton of goals for me so far. And yesterday I packed Dzeko road to the final card. It's fun to whip crosses into the box towards a big lad. He scored 4 goals in his debut game :getin:
I already scored more from corners than in all my fifa 23 games.

The menu's take some time to get used too, but they feel like an improvement. But I find it really hard to see which objectives I have completed, it's like dark green on a green background? Weird choice.

In conclusion: it's a game about football made by ea sports.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Also: do you use timed finishing? Why/why not?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I do use timed finishing because I think it's really useful for headers where I think it's fairly easy, also I think finishing is so loving jacked up otherwise I just feel like I'm going to hit the post every time without it

Also outside the box timed finishes are pretty good

BTW if anyone wants to play pro clubs I created Parmos United, you can look for the one with stefanprodan as manager and request a transfer and I'll add you

Would love to have any PC or Xbox players who want to join us this year, or I'm happy to join the PC crew if they want to set it up

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Joined parmos. Unsure if I'll ever be able to play with your guys but whatever.

IIRC StefanProdan you were talking about some FUT enhancer that checked your club for SBC solutions? Is that this site?
https://subscription.futnext.com/

There are a ton of similar sites out there, not sure what's the real deal and what's a scam.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

IIRC StefanProdan you were talking about some FUT enhancer that checked your club for SBC solutions? Is that this site?

There are a ton of similar sites out there, not sure what's the real deal and what's a scam.

its a chrome plugin not some site:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fut-enhancer/boffdonfioidojlcpmfnkngipappmcoh

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

are you Borto3000? if so I accepted you, if not I'm kicking whoever that is out in a sec lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

are you Borto3000? if so I accepted you, if not I'm kicking whoever that is out in a sec lol

Yeah that's me

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

shut up blegum posted:

I paid for easysbc but I think it's free if you just want to do marquee matchups?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
my god the passing and AI in clubs does not feel good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I can't even get into club games. A known bug apparently :waycool:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

As an idiot who bought the early access version, what's worth dropping coins on since I've got 4800 to spend and will never put another dime into this game?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I got the 3000 EA FC points pack and got approximately nothing but fodder. Maybe just keep doing your daily preview pack and then buy it with FC points if you get something useful?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The optimal strategy is to spend it all on drafts and win the drafts. That way you get way more rewards than if you'd just buy packs.
This of course takes a ton of time.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

The optimal strategy is to spend it all on drafts and win the drafts. That way you get way more rewards than if you'd just buy packs.
This of course takes a ton of time.

also you have to be good enough to win a good percentage of the drafts (drafts vs ai dont really give rewards that make this strat worth it)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Strongly strongly recommend turning on precision shooting

As far as I can tell the bonus you get is pretty similar to a green timed finish and it's way easier to just "aim at the net" than to do green timed finishes

Solved most of my issues with finishing where my guys kept putting it wide, at least now if they put it wide it's my fault

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Strongly strongly recommend turning on precision shooting

As far as I can tell the bonus you get is pretty similar to a green timed finish and it's way easier to just "aim at the net" than to do green timed finishes

Solved most of my issues with finishing where my guys kept putting it wide, at least now if they put it wide it's my fault

I strongly recommend against it, personally, as shots at absurd angles are very strong this year and almost impossible to hit with precision shooting. i'd generally say scoring is a little too easy this year near post in general, or far post if you've got someone with the finesse playstyle (especially finesse+). one of the nice things about shooting this year is there's a lot more variance between shot powers, so a tapped shot will literally be almost rolled in to the net which is really great close in or when a keeper is rushing you, basically unsaveable, and you can do this at such narrow angles coming in from the wing that its basically already part of the meta to cut in and do a quick ball roll and just pass the ball into the net .

also the new r1 sprint (controlled sprint) is EXTREMELY good.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

I strongly recommend against it, personally, as shots at absurd angles are very strong this year and almost impossible to hit with precision shooting. i'd generally say scoring is a little too easy this year near post in general, or far post if you've got someone with the finesse playstyle (especially finesse+). one of the nice things about shooting this year is there's a lot more variance between shot powers, so a tapped shot will literally be almost rolled in to the net which is really great close in or when a keeper is rushing you, basically unsaveable, and you can do this at such narrow angles coming in from the wing that its basically already part of the meta to cut in and do a quick ball roll and just pass the ball into the net .

also the new r1 sprint (controlled sprint) is EXTREMELY good.

Oh haha I had the opposite experience, I was constantly putting the ball wide or into the post when I had normal shooting on but with precision I score most of my chances and it removed most of my frustration with the finishing, I was having an absolutely terrible time with finishing before, just constantly bottling pretty open chances so I dunno. I think the fact that near post is good again also makes it even better because it's not hard to just aim straight to the side of you if you are already like at the same field level as the side of the goal

Well, I would say everyone should at least give it a shot, there's an indicator that you can leave on so I mean it's not that hard to get the angle you want

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 5, 2023

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yeah I mean its definitely worth trying out but I switched that back really quick when i was brutally missing a half dozen normally gimmie shots a game

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

yeah I mean its definitely worth trying out but I switched that back really quick when i was brutally missing a half dozen normally gimmie shots a game

I mean I did that for a couple games but I practiced it in squad battles where you get a lot of shots and in skill games and it only took me like 30 mins before I was nailing 90% of them

Definitely turn the indicator on too and look for it near your player, it can be hard to see

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol my first game in champs for this year and I got put against a literal NA Pro (AgitPower)

I lost 10-3 lmao

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

hopterque posted:

also you have to be good enough to win a good percentage of the drafts (drafts vs ai dont really give rewards that make this strat worth it)

Yeah there's the rub, I am primarily a solo player. I don't play online very often because I usually just get my rear end handed to me, and the few times I win or do well, I usually run into idiots that do the pausing/disconnect routine.

Honestly, I don't mind sticking to just solo stuff and not sweating the rewards as much. My problem is I only buy the latest game every 4-5 years, play for a few months and then proceed to not play again till the next cycle. It was easier in college when I had friends or roommates I could play against on the reg.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Every year this game finds a new way to put another finger on the scale

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
man defending is impossible this year lol

your defenders just feel like traffic cones, I've never felt this impotent on defense

ok in the first champs I had to absolutely SWEAT to go 9-10 lol, that's the worst I've done in many years

The key is to just literally never touch your CBs until you have to because if you move one micrometer wrong they are just sent to the shops

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 7, 2023

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
got my 11 wins first weekend league, packed tradeable haaland (lol), diaby, and cancelo.

easy 400k+ weekend.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
haha dang nice

I got KDB which isn't bad

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hopterque posted:

got my 11 wins first weekend league, packed tradeable haaland (lol), diaby, and cancelo.

easy 400k+ weekend.

I bought Diaby and he's probably the fastest player I've used so far. Just sprints past everybody and then gives perfect assists.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I was away for a week, got back and played some rivals today. I immediately promoted to Div 6 and proceeded to get absolutely hosed sideways for the next hour or so.

I really need to get used to this because I now have enough points to do Quals and I don’t want to have to play rivals much for champs points every week!

Didn’t help that my 83x10 from Level 19 was 7x83 and 3x84. Was hoping to at least get some fodder for an SBC!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is the squad I have at the moment:

Dzeko and Hally work great in a "big man - little man woman" striker partnership.
Kent is amazing, and Diaby is fast as hell.
Rice is super tall and is great at defending or sticking his long legs in passing lanes.
Bernard Silva... is a placeholder, I'm still looking for an alternative midfielder. He's fine for now though, nothing special.
LB and RB are also good. Fer is great at defending, wins so many tackles, it's cool.
And Gomez is also better than his stats would suggest. But maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses at him, because he's been at the club from the start. Either way, I'm keeping him from now.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
we did it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dollas posted:

we did it

yo do you guys not want to merge the two SA teams or what, we only have like 3 people it would be cool to join up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.futbin.com/24/squad/764653

been changing my squads around a lot like usual but rotated back to bpl just in time for the juicy new declan rice SBC and happened to pull Cole from the hero upgrade sbc.