Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

They finally added digital women to my gacha game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
The teams for this stage of the game are still pretty wild. I’ve enjoyed how easy it has been to “keep up”.

TOTW VVD in club, 92 KDB in reserves…

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mandalay posted:

Blew $50 on packs yesterday. Started without really using microtransactions but now I understand why FUT is the real money maker. Sometimes I enjoy the card collecting more than the actual gameplay. Packed Bompastor's new hero card - insanely responsive - and TOTGS Saka, which is my favorite player to control right now. I prefer his left stick over POTM Mbappe and the random Centurions Icon Ronaldinho that I packed off of a 10 coin engagement pack.

I'm glad the real money store is banned where I live. Otherwise I'd definitely spend way too much buying packs.
Sick that you have the best players though, who do you even want to pack anymore once you have Potm Mbappe and Ronaldinho lol

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

shut up blegum posted:

I'm glad the real money store is banned where I live. Otherwise I'd definitely spend way too much buying packs.
Sick that you have the best players though, who do you even want to pack anymore once you have Potm Mbappe and Ronaldinho lol

I was unpleasantly surprised to learn that I don't really like Mbappe as his dribbling is more awkward than the female NWSL striker rotation (Gold Morgan/Debinha and EOAE Rapinoe/Sinclair) I was using up front, I don't know how to use skill moves, and I don't really know how to play a long ball defensive style where his main attribute of pace would really shine. I mostly play a possession based game where my defenders are pushing up to my halfway line. I get caught on the break fairly regularly too, unfortunately.

The main reason I did his SBC was that this is my first full season of FUT and I missed last year's Mbappe SBC. Also, hype from streamers.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Honestly loans and drafts are really helpful before committing to an SBC. Like for example for reason I just don’t really vibe with Gullitt after trying him a few times in draft

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man I can't even get 11 wins these last two weeks its super frustrating. i was 7-1 this week and then lost 9 of 12

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Attention everyone, there's a Mario Balotelli SBC and he has a Christmas hat in his dynamic image!!
He also has 99 dribbling, but who cares. Christmas hat!

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 25, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Christmas hat Payet last year was sick.

Also some of these evolutions are getting pretty up there. Turned my TOTW Alaba into this beast with the TOTW upgrade + Pep’s Legacy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Adun posted:

Christmas hat Payet last year was sick.

Also some of these evolutions are getting pretty up there. Turned my TOTW Alaba into this beast with the TOTW upgrade + Pep’s Legacy

Grats on that monster

I have the 86 Grimaldo/86 Cancelo/86 Olga Carmona all untradable and not sure which to use

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
really thought 14 wins would be good enough for silver, but still

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Fun clubs fact: Sometimes your rating goes down during a goal celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXC88ka1bk

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If you guys have a gold Donyell Malen (from Dortmund) lying around he's worth 10k right now because if you have your founders evo 2, founders upgrade, and the finisher evo that came out today you can turn him into a toty level card basically.

https://www.futbin.com/24/player/36274697/donyell-malen

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lately I'm losing almost every game. It's infuriating.
Switched players, formations, everything. I win 1 game and proceed to lose the next 6 or something stupid. Aaargh.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
yo does anyone know about this bullshit disconnect glitch everyone is abusing in clubs

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dollas posted:

yo does anyone know about this bullshit disconnect glitch everyone is abusing in clubs

Nope but speaking of glitches EA accidentally released a player pick which by my back of the envelope calculations gave a 22% chance of getting TOTY Messi.

Lmao

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
it's fut birthday and that means lots of OP cards that nobody except streamers will ever get!

HOWEVER i just got fut birthday Van Der Sar from the daily 15 coin pack so now I never have to worry about GK ever again and he's a straight upgrade compared to schmeichel everything else aside because of the nation link.

is anyone even still playing this crap? i took a break for several weeks but other than that still truckin'

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
yep still playing, but took a few weeks off champs because I was traveling to Europe from the US. I kept up with SBCs and almost every squad battle using ps5 remote play.

My fav mode is still clubs.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
My partner was watching something exceptionally long earlier so while she was occupied I used the web app to cycle exchanges and about 400 80+ picks.

In the very last 10 I was planning to do I got 5* SM Benzema which leaves me a massive dilemma. Packed WW Ronaldo last Sunday, have 92 Mbappe and Werner. Beyond spoiled for choice!

Edit: Current team - scrolling back still three players holding on from my late Dec squad

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 16, 2024

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Subliminal Ninja posted:

My partner was watching something exceptionally long earlier so while she was occupied I used the web app to cycle exchanges and about 400 80+ picks.

In the very last 10 I was planning to do I got 5* SM Benzema which leaves me a massive dilemma. Packed WW Ronaldo last Sunday, have 92 Mbappe and Werner. Beyond spoiled for choice!

Edit: Current team - scrolling back still three players holding on from my late Dec squad

drat thats sick

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
How is everyone else’s team doing?

Also my Yaya, after putting my entire fodder reserves through upgrades came from a random 77x3. Never pack anything from the big stuff. This year does seem super easy to get an outstanding team though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Here's what I'm running right now, my midfield is pretty in flux and I'm looking to replace Kane with something soon but we'll see.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I actually really enjoyed using that Fuhrich in an objective squad. He’s like a really low composure Cruyff. Same body and height.

The upgrades suit him nicely and he should be guaranteed 91 with 92 a longer shot.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

A few months back I bought '24 and everyone's squad was so overpowered compared to mine I dipped out and refunded the game through Steam. Thinking about diving in again, should I bother or wait till 25? I've been jumping into FIFA23 and there is still a player base and I've been having a ball so I might just wait till the next cycle.

random poo poo from the last play session, Lewandowski is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdXJbpMFLR4&t=10s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoUUNrQJa0&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCkPNgVdLJ8&t=1s

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
This was kinda cool

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

This was kinda cool

very nice. i packed fut birthday de jong in addition to van der sar and packed the better version of van persie from the new promo but of course the absolute highlight of the promo is the Crouch objective card who I immediately unlocked and put into the evo. He's amazing so far, a slightly less broken version of the striker Cech sbc from last year.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ just packed WW Pele out of the latest icon pick

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

Jesus Christ just packed WW Pele out of the latest icon pick

congrats

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol and I was happy that I packed 92 Ji-Sung Park. Congrats

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The pack weight for this promo seems really good relative to crap weight most of this year. This promo honestly the only I remember getting anything decent from packs

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I am getting some 90ish rated golazo every couple of packs or so at this point, i have a small army of 90-92 rated strikers

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Through relentless exchanges and picks I’ve somehow ended up with 96 Puskas, 94 Cafu, 94 Drogba, 93 Roberto Carlos (after doing the 92 SBC…) and pretty much all the other fodder promos (including Lampard 6 times).

Not proud of the 3-4000 picks over the last couple weeks but Puskas is incredible. Breezed to 7 straight wins in Div 3 and won my first three Quals earlier. 10 games, 19 goals, 5 assists. Insane.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The exchange -> pick -> exchange loop combined with better pack weight has made this probably the most enjoyable promo for me. Hopefully EA will close out the year on a high note

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

The exchange -> pick -> exchange loop combined with better pack weight has made this probably the most enjoyable promo for me. Hopefully EA will close out the year on a high note

I'm guessing the summer is gonna be pretty insane with Euro Cup (and maybe Copa America??) promos

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What picks are you talking about? The "80+" player ones? Or the icon/hero ones?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Yup the 80+/81+ and then rinsing any high rated dupes into the exchange SBCs to do more picks

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is what I ended up with (for now):

I was running an entire first owner squad, but said gently caress it and bought Renard, Majri and Hansen. Wanted to buy a better version of Hansen but I ran out of coins :)
I also packed 93 rated Cech but somehow he's crap?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

It’s just been in rivals since I don’t have time to play weekend league but Pele has 27 goals in 17 games so far. I’m really kicking myself though for missing the Rolfo SBC since I really liked her gold card. I just totally checked out those few weeks since I was abroad for a wedding

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
here's what I'm rocking now, was hoping to get desailly so I could use the evo on him but no luck, so vidic it is.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
TOTS warmup should start today so time to start accumulating packs and picks and stuff with tots (almost certainly) starting in a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hopterque posted:

TOTS warmup should start today so time to start accumulating packs and picks and stuff with tots (almost certainly) starting in a week

Meh, I can never keep packs. :justpost: but with opening packs imo