Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Riflen posted:

I don't know what the bulk of DICE have been working on for the last 6 months, but it's not called BFV.

If I had to hazard a guess, the next Battlefield. :v:

But in all seriousness, despite selling "well" BFV clearly did not sell as well as the series normally does nor was it a standout seller like BF1. EA also had its whole monetization plan it had been laying out completely derailed by the Battlefront 2 lootbox fiasco, not to mention that they still have to play it carefully or they're going to kill their golden gooses (FIFA & Madden) through gov't legislation. A big reason to move onto the next title is EA and DICE need to completely rethink and re-do their long term monetization strategy for Battlefield (and, heck, all their big shooters) going forward.

Athem cratering also has likely not helped things.

I'm very curious to see if DICE is just going to drop BFV after the Pacific Theatre releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilinrax
Oct 27, 2014

Those eyes ... they disappeared.

Bohemian Nights posted:

have you tried the server browser? maybe throw in all the maps from that dlc, exclude the rest and cross your fingers that you'll find a server that currently has one of the maps in rotation

That's exactly what I'm doing :collapse:

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
This could be totally wrong but in game a guy recommended upping resolution scale to 130%. Said something that it is slogging since it is hitting the cpu too much and upping it will shift more to the gpu?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As with all DX versions, DX(#) is only worth using once DX(#+1) has been released.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

mexi posted:

This could be totally wrong but in game a guy recommended upping resolution scale to 130%. Said something that it is slogging since it is hitting the cpu too much and upping it will shift more to the gpu?

it's not going to help your framerate if that's what you're asking

but if your GPU is not 100% utilized then this will help aliasing somewhat, without too much performance hit

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

kilinrax posted:

BF4: Any ideas how to get a game on a Final Stand map? Trying to unlock the TDD and playing one (meaning: going through an end of round screen, not just spawning) is a prereq, and all the servers are empty whenever I try.

Play a dlc server and vote for one, that's probably your best option. You could try asking people to help you out to avoid getting votes for vanilla maps instead.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FAUXTON posted:

The game (as are a good handful of games released in late 2018-2019 it seems) is really hard on older CPUs with 2 or 4 cores, and DX12 was designed to be less CPU-intensive than DX11, so for a while early on people with CPU bottlenecking could get a noticeable performance increase by switching to DX12 if their video card was able to pick up the slack.

I went ahead and just bought a new motherboard and a 9900-k using part of my tax money, because I'd been using a proc from like 2015/2016 and could barely play without just giving up.

IDK, I had a 2500k overclocked and for years that did me fine. I finally upgraded to a 6700k and didn't feel much of an improvement. I'm still gaming on that 6700k and getting 144 fps on max settings. Some games do hit the CPU harder than others, but overall videogames are very much GPU bound these days, with few exceptions. I think Assassin's Creed Odyssey hits the CPU really hard, but its also just less optimized than other games because its basically a single player MMO with a stupid big world.

I've been thinking about getting a 9700k or even 9900k but so far it doesn't seem like I need to, upgrading my GPU was all I had to do to get back to 144fps rendering even at 1440p with everything cranked. Maybe in a few years I'll upgrade but the 6700k seems fine and its from like 2016.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

No, hes right. This game really struggled with 4c/4t cpus. Your 6700k is 4c/8t.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bxw77p/12_new_weapons_leak_link_fix/

https://twitter.com/unreleasedbfwep/status/1125752272993095680

https://twitter.com/unreleasedbfwep/status/1125752544985272320

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah that could be fun but I'm sure it'll do negative damage for months

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Chronojam posted:

Yeah that could be fun but I'm sure it'll do negative damage for months

I see it going either two ways:

The Fliegerfaust is useless against everything, or its useless against planes but can one shot infantry.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Updated Roadmap

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I just bought this game because of the Origin sale and does anyone have any tips to improve performance? Despite having a 1080ti and a Ryzen 6 1600x I get some weird framedrops at high or ultra presets.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Make sure you're not playing with DX12 on. I have a similar setup (using 2600x and 1080TI) and get pretty good performance with DX11 but always had issues with DX12 .

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lucinice posted:

I just bought this game because of the Origin sale and does anyone have any tips to improve performance? Despite having a 1080ti and a Ryzen 6 1600x I get some weird framedrops at high or ultra presets.

What DX are you running? I have a 6700k+1080TI and get somewhere around 90-144 FPS on most everything ultra. I personally found DX12 with Future-frame rendering off ran better for me than DX11+FFR on. But try all combinations of that. You might also want to try Fullscreen vs Windowed Fullscreen. Make sure to turn off motion blur, vignette, film grain, lens distortion, chromatic abb all off.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Xaris posted:

What DX are you running? I have a 6700k+1080TI and get somewhere around 90-144 FPS on most everything ultra. I personally found DX12 with Future-frame rendering off ran better for me. Also try FFR on as well. You might also want to try Fullscreen vs Windowed Fullscreen. Make sure to turn off motion blur, vignette, film grain, lens distortion, chromatic abb all off./

I was playing windowed fullscreen before and turning that of helped a little. I'll try turning on DXD12, I was avoiding it because I remembered how it wasn't great in BF1.

*EDIT*

So I played some more and yeah there are drops but it's actually hitching I think. Messing with the DX version and the FFR didn't change anything. I don't know if it's the game or my pc but man it's frustrating.

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 9, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Symetrique posted:

Updated Roadmap

2 maps for intimate infantry combat? Sounds horny.

Also maps don't count as maps if they don't support conquest mode :colbert:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Those two maps are the 5v5 mode maps

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's stupid they removed perma 64p Mercury servers when they introduced the Frontlines / Domination / TDM rotation.

You know, after a good fun Mercury Frontlines game, I just want to quit the server and join a good fun Mercury Breakthrough game.

Oh, look, a Mercury Breakthrough server. Best join it...

*Ends up on team getting stomped with 5 tickets left*

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Whyyyyyyyy are they making 5V5 maps

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Lucinice posted:

I was playing windowed fullscreen before and turning that of helped a little. I'll try turning on DXD12, I was avoiding it because I remembered how it wasn't great in BF1.

*EDIT*

So I played some more and yeah there are drops but it's actually hitching I think. Messing with the DX version and the FFR didn't change anything. I don't know if it's the game or my pc but man it's frustrating.

Is the stuttering immediate or does it take a bit of gameplay before it starts?

If so download Intelligent Standby List Cleaner - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

And set Free Memory is Lower Than to half of your total RAM in megabytes.

A couple of other suggestions

Find the exe, right click on it and make sure it's not running with Full Screen Optimizations.

Make sure your GPU is set to Prefer Maximum Performance in the nVidia control center.

High Performance power setting for your computer.

Disable Origin In Game Overlay (it causes issues for some people)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Whyyyyyyyy are they making 5V5 maps

Because Overwatch is popular.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

So they can keep their game designers busy

No, really

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm having an issue where the game is entirely muted. No music in the main screen, nothing. I've tried restarting both the game, my PC, verifying the files, etc. Nothing seems to be working and I'm not finding much on Google. Anyone know if this is a known issue / know some things I can try?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm having an issue where the game is entirely muted. No music in the main screen, nothing. I've tried restarting both the game, my PC, verifying the files, etc. Nothing seems to be working and I'm not finding much on Google. Anyone know if this is a known issue / know some things I can try?

Check in your Windows sound control panel and see if the default output got switched.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Paul MaudDib posted:

Check in your Windows sound control panel and see if the default output got switched.

Yeah I checked that. Also opened the mixer to make sure it was assigned to the correct output. Everything else including discord was still working fine.

I also tried switching the game back to full screen from windowed, resetting the sound settings, then resetting ALL settings.

What’s interesting is this same thing happened with CoD:4 too. All other games work fine though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Some kind of 5.1 or 7.1 setting enabled with only stereo output maybe? I've had a fun one recently where the game kills my left channel audio, come to think of it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rex-Goliath posted:

If you use a bluetooth headset with a phone mode disable that on the device in control panel or bf activates it on startup (even if not the default device) and it'll kill the other connection.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

If you use a bluetooth headset with a phone mode disable that on the device in control panel or bf activates it on startup (even if not the default device) and it'll kill the other connection.

nah just vanilla wired speakers that my headphones plug into.

Chronojam posted:

Some kind of 5.1 or 7.1 setting enabled with only stereo output maybe? I've had a fun one recently where the game kills my left channel audio, come to think of it.

Resetting the audio config should have covered this but i’ll manually check again to make sure it’s not this. thanks!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

5v5 is just someone seeing that Battalion 1944 is hot right now

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

5v5 is just someone seeing that Battalion 1944 is hot right now

It’s not that hot though. I think there’s anti vehicle faction within dice that’s pushing competitive bullshit. Then again I also think they don’t play their own games anymore so I dunno.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Ah yes, because I look to Battlefield for my Overwatch and R6S/Counterstrike fix.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

afkmacro posted:

It’s not that hot though. I think there’s anti vehicle faction within dice that’s pushing competitive bullshit. Then again I also think they don’t play their own games anymore so I dunno.

Yeah it’s called EA and they want bigger Twitch numbers.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Kibayasu posted:

Yeah it’s called EA and they want bigger Twitch numbers.

Why don't they just pay them to play the game like they did with Apex?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is now a good time to jump into this game as someone who laughed at the state of this at launch?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is now a good time to jump into this game as someone who laughed at the state of this at launch?

Couple of nights ago I played it for the first time in months, doesn’t seem like a whole lot has changed and performance was worse than I remember it being before. Mercury is a real pretty looking map, though. Game probably isn’t going to be good until Chapter 5 at the earliest.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Theres a pretty bad stuttering performance issue right now that they're trying to fix. Might want to wait for that before you pick the game up.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not really, it's pretty much the same launch-state except fighters are pretty bad, and theres actually +1 good map which is kinda important but there's still aerodumb, hamada, narvik, fjell breakthrough to contend with. a few guns have some tweaks but functionally all pretty much the same.

check back in in january 2020.

I was expecting after Anthem burned up hard that EA would put a lot more resources into BF5 to make up for it, and while it seems they've definitely upped resources on game content since Firestorm was finally released, it's still nothing substantial and probably won't pay off until late Fall/Winter. A lot of their resources seems focused on dumb poo poo like 5v5 maps/modes and stuff that no one is asking for. I kinda hope they've been working on the next BC3 or whatever the whole time while working on BF5 because it is/was pretty dire the last 8 months and only now seems like they have a roadmap to salvaging it but it's still pretty far off that only time will tell.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm definitely waiting for the fall to come back to the game, though I appreciated the opportunity to play the early access version we were delivered in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Symetrique posted:

Theres a pretty bad stuttering performance issue right now that they're trying to fix. Might want to wait for that before you pick the game up.

"Stuttering performance issue" adequately describes every problem the game has, from public relations to chasing the latest gameplay fads.