Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Seeing some weird graphical artifacts in the game!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

Seeing some weird graphical artifacts in the game!!!

mods ban this hacker

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The automatic picking up explosives animation has already killed me more times than I’m ok with

Yeah. I like that a lot of the animations lock you in to make choices to eg resupply riskier, but that really only works if the animations are actually a choice...

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

its my favorite since BC2

its got a fair amount of bugs tho.

ya same here

I'd like to see more things blow-uppable but overall liking it.

Wish there was more endgame than "unlock a bunch of poo poo skins for your dumb rifles" like a tournament system like CS:GO has or whatever.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

a_good_username posted:

Yeah. I like that a lot of the animations lock you in to make choices to eg resupply riskier, but that really only works if the animations are actually a choice...

Dodging those ammo pouches on the ground as if they were tripmines just adds extra depth to the riveting gameplay

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

what in my settings is making everything so...blurry.

also so far this game sucks

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I kinda hope there'll be some more anti-tank gadgets or weapons on release. The Panzerfaust's alright, but at 20 damage a shot (which appears to be independent of angle?) and two shots a soldier, you kinda need a pretty huge critical mass of assaults/supports to reasonably threaten a tank. It'd be nice to have something that's more difficult to use but offers a greater total damage potential. Perhaps the PIAT is gonna fill that role.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Perestroika posted:

I kinda hope there'll be some more anti-tank gadgets or weapons on release. The Panzerfaust's alright, but at 20 damage a shot (which appears to be independent of angle?) and two shots a soldier, you kinda need a pretty huge critical mass of assaults/supports to reasonably threaten a tank. It'd be nice to have something that's more difficult to use but offers a greater total damage potential. Perhaps the PIAT is gonna fill that role.

I've seen the panzerfaust do like 25 on a rear hit, atleast. But consider that tanks can't repair back to 100 health without scampering slowly off to a supply point now, so potentially throwing 60+ damage onto a tank by your lonesome will either make it have to scurry or leave it half dead in the middle of the action-- assuming it even has 100 hp when you encounter it, which is much less of a given now than in previous titles

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ibplaygaeam

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Go into the options and turn off all the fancy graphics crap

Also you'll probably want TAA on high because there will be more ghosting on low.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Tides of War is pretty cool though. The Grand Operation you can play right now is a right pain in the loving rear end ... especially the sector assault second part ... just get mowed down from all sides no matter what you do.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The thing is, what we've played so far is only really half of that Operation.

There's a second map, where the third stage will play out (Conquest).

There MIGHT be a 4th stage as well on this second map, which is called "Final Stand" and is, essentially, sudden death with a shrinking battlemap.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The grand operation is so much worse than conquest. I did it one time for the beta challenge for the dog tag and went right back to conquest. Just a better experience all around

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeahhh game was a no go on the 940mx. Even at 720. I mean yeah if you absolutely had to and wanted to risk melting the computer. SIGHHHHH~~~ guess I have to play on the stupid xbox and try and get a feel for it.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

also so far this game sucks

It's probably rendering the game at a lower resolution than your actual screen. Check that scaling option.

I'm not feeling the game so far. Loved every other Battlefield, especially BC2, and actually really enjoyed 1. I also only played the big winter map (not the city) because it's what my friends wanted, and that map absolutely sucks. Everything is at an awkward range, or there's too much cover, or people are hiding in trees. The first train capture point (B in conquest I think) is a travesty, way too vertical for a game that doesn't handle it very well.

The whole game just feels like decent ideas and systems that don't mesh into anything cohesive. I'll try the city map tonight, maybe that will feel better? Other points:

• Weapon customization sucks poo poo, feels wonky as hell. I know there's gonna be one sight that's good and the rest are poo poo so who cares?
  • Why can't I change classes while spectating a squad-mate for respawning? Why can't I see where they are the map?
  • Why do I have to hold a button to bleed out faster if no medics are anywhere near me? It's better than instantly giving up which is frustrating for medics, but it also means I can't think about my spawn point or change weapons while I wait.
  • Every game since 3 makes me feel more and more detached from the overall battle / have less of an impact. I'm normally pretty good at feeling the tide of battle or back-capping, but in this game so far I have no clue why we're winning or losing. Points seem to get traded constantly all over with no real effect.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Rolling Scissors posted:

Removing 3rd person rear view would make sense if you could maneuver while using freelook. But as it is now you can yaw a bit and that's it. Kinda funny how in hardcore flight sims it's easier to keep track of your foe than in arcade shooter like BFV, if the change is by design.

I’m pretty sure it’s a key binding issue with consoles. The look around stick is the same as the fly around stick. So it’s consoles fault again. Flying is pretty good. Once again having an altitude advantage at the start of a fight will let you rule the roost, and boom and zoom will help as well due to the fighters’ tendency to bleed energy in a turn very fast. If you have enough air speed and think you’re out of the enemy pilot’s line of sight (a good hard scissors will help you here) take the fight into the vertical and you’ll typically see the other guy orbiting below you close to the ground wondering where you went.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nah, this is how that page originally looked

They've since corrected the error, everyone obviously gets firestorm, but I can see why people would get confused

But If they have any brains they'll give away firestorm for free to pull in new players

60 posts late (work, and I don't browse on my phone) but thanks for this. Definitely only saw the Firestorm Cosmetic Set stuff when I checked this morning.

Wonder if the above was a WIP image or some poo poo.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 7, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they said on reddit they just made a mistake and they fixed it when it was pointed out

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh yeah I'm buying this. 30 kills in my first game, and was well over 2k/d until a cold streak near the end. (I'm a madman who continually runs around right into the lions den trying to cap flags and whatnot) What a relief coming from fortnite and going back to a death not being the end of the world, and guns firing the way I feel they should. The recoil really is something, but I feel I can control it unlike FN with its random bloom. And this is with a drat gamepad!

And whats this soundtrack! Getting this big Irish flute tune in the menu now thats like the finale of some great movie. But in game it was much more somber drawing towards the win.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

codo27 posted:

Oh yeah I'm buying this. 30 kills in my first game, and was well over 2k/d until a cold streak near the end. (I'm a madman who continually runs around right into the lions den trying to cap flags and whatnot) What a relief coming from fortnite and going back to a death not being the end of the world, and guns firing the way I feel they should. The recoil really is something, but I feel I can control it unlike FN with its random bloom. And this is with a drat gamepad!

And whats this soundtrack! Getting this big Irish flute tune in the menu now thats like the finale of some great movie. But in game it was much more somber drawing towards the win.

Yeah that song is very legit.

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

androo posted:

I'll try the city map tonight, maybe that will feel better?

The city map is leaps and bounds better than the winter one IMO. If I could only play the winter map I’d probably not like the game tbh.

The UI stuff around dying does seem super odd to me as well, idk why we needed three bleed out options or why the 3rd person squadmate follow screen is the default.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

a_good_username posted:

The city map is leaps and bounds better than the winter one IMO. If I could only play the winter map I’d probably not like the game tbh.

The UI stuff around dying does seem super odd to me as well, idk why we needed three bleed out options or why the 3rd person squadmate follow screen is the default.

Agree but I'm kind of tiring of the Battlefield musical flag gameplay of Conquest. Really curious to play Rotterdam as an Operation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's curious to me that this beta doesn't even have one complete Operation. Like why cut off Narvik (or whatever) after the second phase?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol the game auto censors the term "white man". Just saw it live on Angry Joe's stream.

Both the censored lines were him attempting to type just "white man".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Good, death to whitey.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I tried to type "this game type sucks or i need to git gud" and it was "this game type ***** or i need to *** gud"

absurd

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pivo posted:

git gud

*** gud

Orkz inconsolable.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Game feels like BF4, the best BF. My BBF.

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

Finally got around to trying out the stg44 after rushing for drilling action and lol what a death laser beam of a weapon. Got 5+ kill streaks without even trying.

Speaking of drilling, shooting snipers in the face with the underslung is challenging but always worth it. The starting LMG is so bad it makes me wanna cry. Actually, after using the stg44, all LMGs want to make me cry, even if the bren is actually pretty good when set up.

Chomp8645 posted:

Orkz inconsolable.

There's always zog... they... they didn't censor that too, right?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
"mudflaps" is also censored

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Paul MaudDib posted:

"mudflaps" is also censored

:eyepop:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I parked my tank at the resupply station between D and B on Rotterdam and it was like I was invisible, infantry and tanks would just go past me. I nailed three tanks from behind this way. Good times.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

afkmacro posted:

I parked my tank at the resupply station between D and B on Rotterdam and it was like I was invisible, infantry and tanks would just go past me. I nailed three tanks from behind this way. Good times.

Protip: if you catch any enemy tank doing this, just pop the station. They are destructible and from what I can tell any direct explosive hit will take one out.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Chomp8645 posted:

Protip: if you catch any enemy tank doing this, just pop the station. They are destructible and from what I can tell any direct explosive hit will take one out.

yes, with explosive results, I would imagine this would dent a tank significantly. I know I've suicided like this accidentally on foot. Don't hang around the explosives station.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Can you upgrade guns in the beta? I don't mean skins I mean the recoil or hipfire accuracy stuff.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Kibayasu posted:

Can you upgrade guns in the beta? I don't mean skins I mean the recoil or hipfire accuracy stuff.

Yes, it's super non-intuitive though. It's under "company" rather than "armory", and there are little wire paths that indicate the various unlock trees (agreeing with whoever said this was obviously designed for a Star Card system).

For guns, under "armory", you can select "get another" or something and get a lv0 un-upgraded gun to go a different upgrade path on, but you still have to spend company points on it. This doesn't seem to be a thing for tanks though, given the "specialization" tree.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

Yes, it's super non-intuitive though. It's under "company" rather than "armory", and there are little wire paths that indicate the various unlock trees (agreeing with whoever said this was obviously designed for a Star Card system).

For guns, under "armory", you can select "get another" or something and get a lv0 un-upgraded gun to go a different upgrade path on, but you still have to spend company points on it. This doesn't seem to be a thing for tanks though, given the "specialization" tree.

Well that's a really dumb place for upgrades. Thanks.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Is there anything tanks can do about tank traps? Also how the hell do you access the fortification menu?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Jovial Cow posted:

Is there anything tanks can do about tank traps? Also how the hell do you access the fortification menu?

Press T for the fortification menu. And the British tanks get a level-4 unlock that might be able to destroy tank traps maybe we don't know they're bugged and can't actually equip them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Press T for the fortification menu. And the British tanks get a level-4 unlock that might be able to destroy tank traps maybe we don't know they're bugged and can't actually equip them.

I saw a Churchill driving around last night with a dude up on the top deck and towing some sort of wheeled cart. Not an AA or AT gun. Is there some kind of roving supply cache upgrade?