Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

Yo, Mr. Voltorb, do you have any abilities that help town besides being a bomb and announcing it five minutes before deadline?

Unfortunately no. Getting caught up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

So then he immediately reveals it after one post questioning it?

this pinged me too

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

jack fuckin poo poo my dude!

IllegallySober is right in that it could trigger trackers/watchers but honestly, if our mod is really hewing close to the theme, I wouldn't be surprised if it does absolutely fuckall. maybe I can be roleblocked?

did you get an "action failed" result?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

He said he didn't submit an action.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GenericGirlName posted:

The Magikarp claim feels weird and worthless ? Like why disclose that...?

maybe a scum safe-claim?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

He said he didn't submit an action.

You sure about that?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Epsilon Plus posted:

lmao I forgot to use my (lovely, worthless) night action, which is okay, because it's lovely and worthless

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

We discussed that for most of the last page or so, bro.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok, sorry, I misread. I thought you were saying E+ claimed that that don't have an action to submit.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dick Bastardly posted:

Strangely, yes. What did you do?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ok, sorry, I misread. I thought you were saying E+ claimed that he/she didn't have an action to submit.

maf edit gaaah

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

haha ok what is going on

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

lmao I forgot to use my (lovely, worthless) night action, which is okay, because it's lovely and worthless

you forgot to use it but then...

Epsilon Plus posted:

bolded part an answer to:

Dick Bastardly posted:

so... what's going on

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
My guess is that E+ is lying

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm thinking ##vote E+ for now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Epsilon Plus posted:

Okay, now WTF :psyduck:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, now WTF :psyduck:

scum caught lying it seems

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

scum caught lying it seems

or, maybe a redirector fired on me and forced a power usage? somehow? mafia OOP can vary from mod to mod, I haven't played in one of Yami's games before so I don't know how he handles operations

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I want AA and Dancer to weigh in on E+ too.

This is pretty very suspicious, but I don't know how to weigh priorities between E+ and IcePhoenix.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

or, maybe a redirector fired on me and forced a power usage? somehow? mafia OOP can vary from mod to mod, I haven't played in one of Yami's games before so I don't know how he handles operations

I find the original claim to be a slight stretch but now re-directors can force actions? Is that a standard because I'm not sure I'm buying any of this, I'm sorry.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I find the original claim to be a slight stretch but now re-directors can force actions? Is that a standard because I'm not sure I'm buying any of this, I'm sorry.

Again, it all depends on how the mod would handle it. If a redirector forces the target of an ability to change, and the ability has no target, does it make sense to change the target from [null] to A Target?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Again, it all depends on how the mod would handle it. If a redirector forces the target of an ability to change, and the ability has no target, does it make sense to change the target from [null] to A Target?

I feel like the mod would inform you of a result at all if you didn't submit an action (even in the case of being re-directed) but this is gaming the mod and thus pointless I guess

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I feel like the mod wouldn't inform you of a result at all if you didn't submit an action (even in the case of being re-directed) but this is gaming the mod and thus pointless I guess

IMPORTANT EDIT see bold word

Dancer
May 23, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

So apart from the frustration, it's simply his reaction to the light-aligned comment?

Basically, yes.

But I'm seriously questioning it after his claim that he got an "action failed" message.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

And yet you directly asked me if I got an action failed message, something that wouldn't make sense to have happened without something causing it. I've played enough mafia to know that if I were faking, I wouldn't step into an obvious trap like that.

I feel like you knew I'd get an action failed message despite not having had submitted an action. Hella sus on you, my dude.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I just finished re-reading the thread from the start. My scum reads are Solus, DB, Humalong, and Toalpaz. And definitely IS for the caught poisoner claim, who I will be voting for today unless something else major happens ##vote IcePhoenix

I'll put together some cases on those five to share my knowledge and make a contribution.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

And yet you directly asked me if I got an action failed message, something that wouldn't make sense to have happened without something causing it. I've played enough mafia to know that if I were faking, I wouldn't step into an obvious trap like that.

I feel like you knew I'd get an action failed message despite not having had submitted an action. Hella sus on you, my dude.

The reason I asked that specific question was because you said you could have been roleblocked... so you implied making an action yet having denied it.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also ##evolve Sal for catching IS

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Slamburger posted:

And definitely IS for the caught poisoner claim

Slamburger posted:

Also ##evolve Sal for catching IS

Mafia edit: should be obvious but I meant to say IP, not IllegallySober / IS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'll admit, I did make a mistake by assuming you had made an action at all, but claiming to have been given a result despite having not submitted an action is really weird. I doubt re-director forces actions to fire either, so here we are.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

The reason I asked that specific question was because you said you could have been roleblocked... so you implied making an action yet having denied it.

Nobody would ask that question and expect an affirmative response unless they knew one was forthcoming.

##vote Dick Bastardly I think your Voltorb claim yesterday was bullshit and you're doing some weird searching to cover for it. Hypothesis: one of your scum-bros gave you the idea to ask me about receiving a PM knowing that they successfully "redirected" me in the night.

also while I'm here ##evolve Epsilon Plus I have no clue what I'll get when evolved but I assume it's something worthwhile

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##evolve Sal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##evolve sal

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Case on Solus:

The read/defense of GGN seems awkward and weird:

These are all partial quotes, so read the originals for more context:

SolusLunes posted:

I don't really have much of a read on GGN but holy crap you're coming across so hard as scum.

SolusLunes posted:

Okay yeah looking at GGN again I don't see anything particularly scummy.

SolusLunes posted:

I mean it's reasonable? But it's mostly been one way from Toal to GGN. I'd be more inclined to think that if they're both scum, this is just an awful bus attempt from Toal.

SolusLunes posted:

Man, I don't know. Also I very clearly stated that I didn't think GGN was scum, and I don't care if someone picks someone else.
I'll be here until deadline and I'm okay with lynching someone. I don't think voting increases the possibilities of a no-lynch? If it comes down to needing me to hammer GGN, I'll totally do it. I just don't see it happening this day.

This just doesn't feel like a natural town-mindset progression of a read.

Solus barely mentions anyone except Toal and GGN, then just mentions this right after deadline:

SolusLunes posted:

Oh wow I totally missed the last page where we ran a train on DB

My read here is that Solus is purposely providing limited information and few reads. The reads that are provided don't feel natural. Scummy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Nobody would ask that question and expect an affirmative response unless they knew one was forthcoming.

##vote Dick Bastardly I think your Voltorb claim yesterday was bullshit and you're doing some weird searching to cover for it. Hypothesis: one of your scum-bros gave you the idea to ask me about receiving a PM knowing that they successfully "redirected" me in the night.

also while I'm here ##evolve Epsilon Plus I have no clue what I'll get when evolved but I assume it's something worthwhile

At the time I asked that question I was still under the impression that you had submitted an action because you mentioned a possible roleblock in the mix (i quoted the post that prompted this question in the question post itself)

Assuming that you had made an action was not optimal of me, so I expected an answer of "yes, my action failed", however before I even read your "yes, my action failed" response IS had established that you had specifically denied making an action.

If you had claimed to not have made an action and also claimed to not have received a result at all I would have believed, but I can't see any other possibility herer other than you lied. Unless I am grossly missing something obvious?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

At the time I asked that question I was still under the impression that you had submitted an action because you mentioned a possible roleblock in the mix (i quoted the post that prompted this question in the question post itself)

Assuming that you had made an action was not optimal of me but I did assume that, so I expected an answer of "yes, my action failed", however before I even read your "yes, my action failed" response IS had established that you had specifically denied making an action.

If you had claimed to not have made an action and also claimed to not have received a result at all I would have believed, but I can't see any other possibility herer other than you lied. Unless I am grossly missing something obvious?

excuse my terrible sentence structures please tia

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Case on DB:

His first reads:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm feelin Toal for the overall wierdness.

Dancer town probs, imgay probs town

bminus is giving me slight scum vibes for the no-lunch comment

GGN is seeming more like newb town now
AA probs town

A bunch of mostly town reads with two really light scum reads. Don't like them.

He never really provides any followup on the Toalpaz read, but then votes then, then unvotes soon after with again no detail:

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Toalpaz

i think this is a good lunch

Dick Bastardly posted:

you know what? im an idiot

##unvote

Then he claims bomb with 5 min to spare. All else equal claiming bomb seems more likely a scum move than a town move. I've never had a bomb role but I don't know if I would even claim it as town and just let it play out. I would absolutely claim it as scum though.

Then today he's fixated on the E+ thing, which I do agree is worth some consideration but he never once comments on IP, which seems like a much stronger night-action catch than E+s stuff.

And curiously he votes to evolve Sal:

That seems really suspect... why would you evolve Sal but not vote IP? Seems to me like he doesn't want to vote his scumbo yet. Dick, do you have a comment on this?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Slamburger posted:

Case on DB:

His first reads:

A bunch of mostly town reads with two really light scum reads. Don't like them.

He never really provides any followup on the Toalpaz read, but then votes then, then unvotes soon after with again no detail:

Then he claims bomb with 5 min to spare. All else equal claiming bomb seems more likely a scum move than a town move. I've never had a bomb role but I don't know if I would even claim it as town and just let it play out. I would absolutely claim it as scum though.

Then today he's fixated on the E+ thing, which I do agree is worth some consideration but he never once comments on IP, which seems like a much stronger night-action catch than E+s stuff.

And curiously he votes to evolve Sal:

That seems really suspect... why would you evolve Sal but not vote IP? Seems to me like he doesn't want to vote his scumbo yet. Dick, do you have a comment on this?

Not claiming lunch bomb is bad and wrong, I'm not going to hammer myself when 5 mins is enough time to lunch scum.

For the same reason E+ is defending them self I would say that defense could equally apply to IP

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
to clarify, we can't rule out that IP's action wasn't messed with, so until IP comes in to have a word then I'll withhold my vote (but I would vote IP in absence of a solid defense)

I do believe Sal's soft claim and see no good reason not to evolve Sal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It's reads town Sal to me to kind of jump the gun on a result like this imo.

• Locked thread