Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dad is a compulsive liar.
Was physically and emotionally abusive throughout most of childhood.
Had *4* failed marriages. You'd think after 2 or 3 you'd give up on the whole marriage thing?
Stole pretty much everything that he could, including money for his kid's college fund left by grandparents.
Last one failed because he pretty much created a fake image of who he was and it started falling apart when she would talk to his family and get conflicting information. So he changed the locks on her and started seeing what was going to be #5 probs, but #4 wisely lawyered up and took him to the cleaners. At some point #5 found out and wisely hosed off.
Quits high paying job, has midlife crisis, lives in a trailer.
Gets pair of huge loving dogs while living in trailer which are obvious surrogate children.
Is an idiot Trumper ofc.
Never shows up or gets involved with kids/grandkids but gets all pissy that his kids "don't respect him" or ever visit.

Mom left when I was 4 and is similarly hosed up.

I still marvel that I'm a functional adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Pick posted:

It still doesn’t strike me as that bad but it’s all relative :shrug:

one slip away from killing a kid is pretty bad

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Zane posted:

my mom always asks me to give her "a bite from that icecream/hamburger/pizza" and then TAKES A HUGE CHOMP FROM IT.

This is a solemn parental duty

• Locked thread