Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Hey, I didn't know there was a thread for this! I'm up to episode 46 and I like it so much it's inspired me to do art about it!

fantastic.. you can almost see the vicious V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Bask in it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

bowmore posted:

Drawfee Patreon

drawfee and d20 could definitely be totally successful on patreon alone, it's a shame that CH probably owns the IP so they can't just do it themselves

although obviously the non-live dimension20 is super heavily edited and has a ton of people working on it, it's something that they could easily scale back given the sheer strength of the live shows so far

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I wonder if there's any possibility of teaming up with Critical Role. They've already got a setup and a studio and the associated infrastructure, it'd just be on a different day. Kind of like Geek and Sundry was trying to do.

it seems like they're really invested in doing personal things rather than becoming a geek and sundry themselves. but you're right that that entire studio they built seems like it's not nearly in use as much as it could be

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao the short rest this week is them demanding Murph follow through with his promise that Cooter gets to level up a ton for the XP from beating a tarrasque

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Also I think his dad is a karate master?

yeah if you search for oyama they're a famous karate family that moved to the states and started a bunch of places

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

He could have it playing it a lot meaner, plus the party had two friends, a very generously ruled heroes feast, allowing an attack to auto-ungrapple a friend instead of an opposed skill check, and the dwarf army to do free damage and absorb hits.

yeah it's not really much of a surprise that a CR 30 monster would've probably just outright killed many or all of the party if played completely rules-as-written

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

My theory is that in casting revivify (which Thieala totally knew he would cast and orchestrated the moment) he was reaching out with his heart in desperation to a higher power that could help bring Erlan back to life. Pelor wasn’t there to answer his prayer, but a certain new goddess on the scene was...

Beverly now draws his Paladin powers from Thieala. It also explains why Erlan was so horrified when he came back; he feels that connection to her. No idea what that’ll mean going forward but that’s my prediction!

murph was just directly saying bev's de-powered right now in the aftershow, so it didn't seem like it was some master plan like that. maybe pelor just wasn't all the way dead yet

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Episode 1: this crazy lady's possum is scrambling everywhere
Episode 91: tearful scene where lady wills everything she owns to the possum so he can give kids the chances she never got

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that entire diamond section was fantastic

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/chmurph/status/1236750568955113473

emily/murph doing ff6 is extremely on brand

(also: they must be doing even better than I thought if they're at the "hiring multiple people to make a demo to pitch" stage)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol jesus christ they said this was gonna be four hours or so

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1245061017622794240

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'm super excited to get a proper end to the season. i hope they're able to come back to these characters but i can imagine there might be rights and/or payment issues going forward with collegehumor

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Not Operator posted:

They haven't said if they're going to do more D20 Live, but given what happened to collegehumor, I think most of us are surprised they even finished this story.

i mean, obviously they have to deal with the n*ght y*rb

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao [current episode spoilers] emily summoning 8 pixies and having every one use polymorph to burn 3 legendary resistances and then turn War into a dolphin

e: actually the entire War fight is insane, she's unbelievably good at this. it's like a drat masterclass in high level druid play, and she didn't even have her 9th level spell or any of the slots expended in the big combat last episode

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 24, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

oh my god i love this penultimate episode

the only thing you need to know about moonshine is that she's the coolest loving elf in the world

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Threep posted:

It's absolutely ridiculous how good it is

they've really only gotten better and better, they have that magical mixture of (1) great dm (2) every player has excellent instincts about when to clown and when to be dramatic (3) good chemistry all around with no bummers at the table.

hopefully regardless of the collegehumor problems, they manage to stay together -- at this point, they'd probably immediately make a shitload of money on patreon because they have a buckwild fanbase.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I like the cast repeatedly promising us that they're going to go back to being very, very stupid when they get new low level characters lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Thiala: "You've brought a small army"
Bev: "It's more of a big circus"

e: oh my god jake's first round

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 10, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN DAMAGE

AND THEN 285 DAMAGE NEXT ROUND

murph: "she's upset, i'm upset"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the most amazing thing about this campaign is that Balnor was just a joke character pulled from the deck of many things

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

As crazy as Hardwon's damage was, I feel like they would have had a hard time without it, wouldn't they?

yeah i think murph did what any good storyteller would do and immediately gave her a bunch more hit points lol

one Murph Thing i've grown to really like is him having Big Bads use mental attacks on characters that flash to pre-planned narrative flashback bits, i think we've gotten it a handful of times now and it's such a great way to add in roleplaying and character development in mid-combat, in addition to really breaking up some of the monotony of fighting

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in the short rest Murph confirms Thiala had another 9th level spell that would've been a complete heal of 700+ that Emily blocked with that repeated cantrip lmao

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

trinivale is really really good, i love Jens' status becoming so low that it looped around and became high again

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah, it's totally worth it -- Caldwell's a lot more down to clown and says yes to practically everything all the time, so it's more comic at basically all times. But there's a surprising amount of pathos while also being even funnier than the main campaign

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1270081711624216577

people have spent literally thousands of dollars to give bullywogs and gnomes extra lives in this competition already

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

this is ridiculous

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in today's podcast they talk at length about how they're working with the studio that did later alligator and their game is actively in development as a 2.5d paper mario-esque style adventure

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol this owns

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1278802546996305920

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

That being said I am ultra-stoked for Emily’s Bro-Quest campaign to kick off in a few weeks too!

did I miss where they talked about this? because i heard some reference and had no idea what it is

is she running a temporary campaign before they restart the main one

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thexerox123 posted:

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1262519011989835776?s=20

They mentioned it in the podcast feed in a ~3 minute announcement episode.

She called it "a little nautical odyssey", and Murph said that campaign 2 will come after.

Edit: Oh, wait, it's changed from being a nautical odyssey?

awesome! i'm excited for an adventure that is somehow even more chaotic than trinivale

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the court battle was some of their funniest content in a long time, i think caldwell started hitting his stride towards the end of it when he was able to start doing this more regularly and felt comfortable to be weirder

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Hardwon... never second guessed himself for a second so decisive

i honestly can't tell if this is irony lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the beginning of this new episode is so good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

EndOfTheWorld posted:

https://twitter.com/FearsomeCritter/status/1294654356256468992?s=20

So Critical Hit's The Void Saga is coming to an end next week. It's a 10 year old 4e D&D campaign that's been run from level 1 to level 30 culminating in a final fight against Asmodeus. Curious if anyone else here has ever listened to it.

tired: being like 300 hours behind on critical role
wired: being one decade behind on critical hit

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zac should join permanently

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I love him so much

I haven't listened to Comedy Bang Bang in a while but I've seen his name showing up in the titles of a few episodes lately, so I love that for him

i was looking up what characters he did (because i could only remember the incredibly stupid Keantwo Reeves ("If Keanu Reeves was worse")) and found this even dumber one lol

quote:

Kenny Takahashi is a character played by Zac Oyama. He is a bouncer at the Nasty Rat bar in San Diego. His body is in the shape of a cube with the dimensions 6'5" by 6'5" by 6'5" when he puffs his chest out. If pushed, his body will squish in 3 to 4 feet. Despite his large and intimidating size, he is actually quite innocent and delicate. His job at the bar is to stand in front of the door of the same dimensions. He gets paid in food and only eats tube shaped foods. He is currently attending UC San Diego getting his degree in Watercoloring. He has a crush on fellow Nasty Rat employee Melody, but has trouble talking to her. He identifies as an incel, but "not, like, a mean way or anything" (Ep. 544).

eke out fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 29, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

looks like this week is now the penultimate episode and next week ends it

i assume they couldn't wrap up everything without it being one gigantic ep

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it occurs to me that emily's bad guy in this is basically "what if moonshine were raised high elf and turned out evil?" lol

also lmao at murph's callback to the elaborate mime ritual at the climax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i once again call for zak to be added to the main show