Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming presign. I may still be traveling at game start, but I'll be home before d1 ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming!

##vote imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, I'm town and there is nothing threatening about me. So please let me live past D1/N1 so people can see what my meta looks like as town now.

Thanks!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Oh don’t worry KB, we will let you live..

Six feet under!!!

Noooo!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

Rolling start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Asiina weird push on a clear jokevote that she was instrumental in participating in?

Naw.

##vote Quid

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also Velma.

Also, I didn't see anything too bad when I looked for Daphne Fan Art.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Merk going after Willie there seems scummy to me. Partly based on last game though.(I thought when he did stuff like that in last game it was distracted town play, but he was scum so).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AA's vote on Asiina is also meh, but still null there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Actually rereading, changing my mind.

Also don't like where AA is at. Would vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

YPM's push on gaspy seems good to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

It was a bad case, because it felt clear to me that willie was new considering his whole "is this an inside joke thing I'm not getting??" protesting made that obvious.

merk unvoted though, so it doesn't ping me too hard? It's not like there's been a lot going on in the game so I'm okay with someone throwing out a bad or mediocre case and seeing what happens. If he was harping on it like he'd struck gold then okay, I'd see it as more scummy.

Doesn't make me feel better, but not sure yet where I'd put him on my list. Still processing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Explain your posts instead of sniping por favor

Also quid voted asiina too. How about that?

Verbose KB doesn't happen till later.

But you'll notice I'm voting for Quid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

You acting like I've put all this pressure on you, like it was specific callout to you, when I asked for everyone who didn't post and also you and DB because you did post but didn't vote, is absolutely a disproportionate reaction to a simple question.

This.

There was no pressuring.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a bad vote.

What’s your reasoning for voting me here, KB?

Gut.

But I'll answer more to give you something to engage with. You made a bad fake vote on Asiina after seeing someone else lay the ground work. Asiina hadn't pushed anything yet. She was content gaming at best.

---

I'm above the halfway point on post count now though, so I'm out for awhile while other people post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

After reading through this I was ready to double down on Quid being obvious scum. Since being lurky and not paying attention is his scum game, but he has since tripled down into making no sense, which is town Quid. If he's faking it, he's doing a decent job now.

##unvote

BTW Quid, D1 is almost nothing. It seems like you are saying you are not going to read the beginning of D2, which is where all of this happened, which is a cop out and you should do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I got interrupted before I was finished with my responses. But I'll be back a little later to finish. Wife wanted to play Rock Band.

Quidthulhu posted:

This whole thing is so fake it hurtssss

You can’t paint me as playing my normal scum game when I literally did not have time to play a D1 which ended in a turbo. That’s a lovely analysis.

I have read a lot of the beginning of D2 but I glazed over on most of it and a lot of it is people arguing about playstyle differences to the point that many people excused themselves from continuing that line of discussion, saying “this is really an argument about playstyle differences and that has no merit on this game.” I’m not going to spend a lot of time fine tooth combing that when the people involved seem to universally agree about it.

The dismissal of me as a gibbering idiot is the actual cop out, since you don’t have to respond to my points or examine the content I’m currently providing. Maybe respond to my case instead of painting me as someone not worth the time to engage with?

And people wonder why I take mafia personally when three vets respond to my return with “just ignore the ramblings crazy old timer.”

But real quick, you are putting tons of words in my mouth here bud. I said you were making no sense, I didn't say you were an idiot and never would.

I don't see the point in engaging with you when you haven't read the thread though. If you do that and come back and I'll respond to anything you want. But before that it would be me trying to explain things that you could have read so it's pointless. And my new meta doesn't allow for so many posts spent on that kind of thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, post I started earlier but lost the thread while away, not sure if I wanted to say more on it or not, so here:

Yami started off looking super scummy to me for some of the same reasons, but he comes off way better later on. Leaning town.

I think AA is the scum in that pack of Asiina chasers now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are you caught up now, read the whole thread?

Quidthulhu posted:

3. the aforementioned vote on asiina

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Asiina weird push on a clear jokevote that she was instrumental in participating in?

Everything I was assuming about you came from that one post. But I was expecting you to come back at me and solidify things one way or another. Then you didn't so I leaned scum more and more as time went on. That should all be obvious since I quoted the post I had a problem with to vote and also did you the favor of explaining myself so you had something to respond to in case you were having a hard time getting into the game. Despite that being against my new meta. Like, I'm going out of my way even responding to you on this on D2 when I normally wouldn't because I like you and want you to have a good time since you don't play much anymore. :) You can take out any of your weird speculation about your other posts. It's just the Asiina vote. I'm very proud of that essentially still D1 vote. If you turn out to be scum after all I'll be doing a little I was right dance after the game.

Look at it again. This vote was awful. If I still thought you were likely scum right now I'd make a big case again about it and how you've now said you aren't even sure it was serious. Because wow. Like I'm not reading this wrong right?

Quidthulhu posted:

i never said my vote was fine, but i also didn't say it was ABSOLUTELY a serious vote when called out about it as KB did

Once and for all can you clarify what that post was about and where it was coming from and if you still believe it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

:ghost: iiii alllreaaaddyyyy diiiddd thiiiiiisssss~*~ :ghost:

No, that doesn't answer my question man. That post you just quoted me is saying it is a serious vote and the reasons why. The other post is saying it isn't?

Was the vote serious or not? Do you still believe in it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh my sweet lord. The one you just quoted me is treating it as serious. This other one I quoted is saying it isn't, but it says it in a super waffle-y way.

Quidthulhu posted:

i also didn't say it was ABSOLUTELY a serious vote

This shouldn't be this hard.

I'm moving on.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

I never said it was a serious vote at all, period. It was a tester vote. Why are you getting upset at me when you're the one who is not reading what I am saying, I've also repeated myself three times dude.

Look, it is absolutely possible you are really saying the things you think you are and I am just not understanding, I'm getting older and slower, but if so it doesn't change the calculus for me. When you say things I don't understand, you are generally town. This goes back to, I think, DBZ mafia, when I first noticed that. So this is a waste of time now and just filling up the thread with garbage. Going to make my swing through the other posts I wanted to point out and move on.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't want to post a ton, so going to make a quick big post with responses to a few things I noticed in my read.

Isn't this what you did initially? Just switch the player names...

Nope, please point out where someone else had laid the groundwork on Quid? His post I voted on was literally 5 minutes before.

Yami Fenrir posted:

e) KB doesn't have a lot of content except for voting someone with a "naw" post attached to to them and then disappeared again. I feel like even the new lurker meta KB would have pointed out SOMETHING going on right now.

Totally wrong and at the time of this post I assumed you were scum and selling something fake. I've come around since, but I'll still point out that you should reread if you think this is what happened. My Quid vote was the least of my content and the very start of my day. It is bizarre that you somehow didn't read any of my other alignment calls/content or DID read them and chose to poo poo them in favor of this bad take on what I did.

merk posted:

Max disclosing that seems townie to me. No reason to ever disclose that ability as scum.

I agree with this, but still think Merk might be scum.

Dick Bastardly posted:

So far KB is also pinging me for the low effort voting. I've played with a town KB the regularly makes huge effort posts when making cases.

I think the "new KB meta" bullshit is a great way ticket up an atmosphere that makes a scummy KB more acceptable.

I mean, I've played this way for like 10 games now, this isn't new. At least 1 of those games I was town and lived to the end, and a few others I was town in, I posted like this for the short time I got to live(D1/N1) if you want to see it in action. This post felt a little fake to me at first since you just played with me as scum, so I know you've seen this at least once, if not more. But I'm not going to spend time digging into old games right now and other then your weirdness around me, your posting feels different then it did when we were scum.

Asphyxious posted:

I think KB is town. He’s been hanging out for a town game for ages so he can reaffirm his new town meta and he’s been constantly signalling “THIS IS HOW I DO THINGS NOW” with a bunch of his posts so I think this is him legit trying to establish his new town game before he gets cursed to another million scum games.

His play as scum in all the other games has been much more laid back, I read his current slightly awkward approach as genuine.

BTW, on one hand I'm feeling super excited that Gaspy actually *sees* me, that always feels nice. But on the other hand, it means I'm not keeping consistent with my new meta if he can still tell I'm town now and that slightly bums me out. Hopefully he is scum and just knows I'm town. But leaning back away from him as scum for the moment and hopefully it isn't because he manipulated me here. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Oh. I got a ticket n0. I honestly thought everyone got one to start the game.

I bought the shoot the star and had to use it N1. I thought I'd be told what it did when I bought it, but I was not informed. I just had to use it on a player so I chose Humalong semi-randomly since I didn't know what it was going to do. It's presumably why he was covered in confetti because I shot a bunch of holes in a star.

I have no idea what it did to him, if anything, but it made me unable to use another ticket for a few days, but I don't have any more tickets so :shrug:

Bummer that they don't seem to do much. Am I reading correctly that now that you've used one N1, you can't use a ticket again till N4? I wonder why that restriction is there if they are just for fun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm almost always disengaged as scum and sometimes disengaged as town.

I, unfortunately, have one of the better known metas on these here forums. I don't post when I'm scum. I've broken it a few times, so who knows, it could be that this is one of those times, but as a whole I hate playing scum and get super self-conscious about posting anything so I just don't post.

I also sometimes just can't really get into a game as town either and also don't post, and then people think I'm scum because of said meta and lynch me for it.

I know self-meta is dumb, but anyone else can back this up.

Yup.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

I think my casework is real good and nobody is responding to my cases except my three scum picks and they are picking apart minutiae and insisting i make zero sense so i'd love if anyone can tell me if they're parsing what i am getting at here cause i'm feeling a little gaslit :mad:

I know this won't help since you seem to think I'm scum, but on my quick read through of the stuff that happened recently, I've read your case on Mona in detail again. I don't agree with it. I think you are wrong. But I understand where you are coming from and don't think you are faking it. I think some of your problem with Mona though, still stems from you misreading what he posted in that catch up in detail post initially. Like I read him as saying, yeah, Yami is still scum for this, but AA is not. But you seem to have read it as the opposite somehow.

I disagree with him and am leaning AA as scum and Yami as town, but back when Yami was posting that initial stuff I felt the same way about him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

Can someone at least do me the decency of telling me why they think my interpretation of things is incorrect instead of dismissing anything I'm saying as not being worthwhile to read, because I think that's a pretty lovely practice if it's a thing the community is still doing and I'd prefer people show me why THEY think someone is so town instead of just saying "no your case is wrong and you are dumb." Like, show me something I haven't hosed considered instead of just refusing to play with me, jesus.

I literally just did this, I thought. I pointed out what I thought was wrong with your interpretation as well as I why I agree with Mona's.

But I agree Mona is being extreme for a game we play with friends on the internet. I just don't want to turn this into that discussion right now. It's not great for the game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

You told me that you disagree with me, and primarily because you agree with Mona, but you're still not refuting my point to change my mind. Asiina came in here and said "but Mona DID clearly explain that he was using more than just that one post," and I quoted the three posts where he DOES NOT DO THAT and said "so can you please tell me where this happened, since you are seeing it and I'm not" and her response was to go to bed.

If it's there, show me. Refute my case? But if your response is "I disagree with you because I see it differently" I have no other comment on that unless you want to expand on why you feel that way with quotes. I literally can't play with you.

Dude. You want me to respond to your points but you are not responding to mine. I told you how I read that section. If you look in context you can clearly see other people read it the same way. Have you revisited it since seeing people post what they thought Mona meant and since Mona posted what he meant? Or are you just locked into what you initially skimmed as the correct interpretation of those words? Like, that changes the whole context of your whole case, and if you aren't seeing that, then I'm not sure how I would ever change your mind with any additional words. Again, in that second post he was saying YAMI is clearly scum, not AA. Have you reevaluated that sentence and how it affects the whole?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, final night thoughts, probably.

AA is my highest scum lean, so voting there. ##vote AA

Hum might be scum, I can see Yami's case, but I want to see how Hum posts when he is feeling better before voting there.

I'd probably do Merk next.

Other than that, wouldn't be shocked if our scum are in the no content peeps. Mr F, Zyxyz, Tomm(he's here now, maybe that will change), Bminus, etc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Paging Kb. Please give us a case on AA.

I don't case this early in the game.

It is pretty obvious that AA was pushing something false on Asiina and it seemed to be coming from a place of nervousness about his role or lack thereof in the imgay vote. Like he literally accuses Asiina of something that never happened("pressuring people") because he projected a mental story about what she was going to do to trap him in the future. I didn't catch it immediately since I was focused on Quid, but I called it out pretty quickly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

That he spends a lot of time fighting with Quid and then still pulls out the AA vote while still not explaining why he feels that way. I agree, I want to see an actual case on AA from him.

Unless you consider the above a case(which I don't), you are going to be waiting for quite some time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is a false representation of everything that I've said regarding it.

I had to talk myself out of requesting a replacement yesterday and have decided that I'm going to take it easier in general for my sanity.

This is shifting the goal posts. You have tried to explain how that wasn't your intent, etc since then. But the actual facts on the ground are that Asiina posted a thing that was NOT applying pressure to anyone. And then you said she WAS and voted her. These are not opinions. These are facts.

Now my opinion comes in on why I thought you did this. And you can feel free to think I'm lying or whatever about why I think that way, which would also be opinion, but you can't dispute the facts.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

DOn't worry KB is a bad man

No sir. Also, in this game, I'm actually a good woman.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What changed in the hour-ish between this?

The case evolved to having caught asiina directly twisting words... several times... multiple players.

I'll answer questions about it if you have them, but I'm done talking about it for now.

Would vote KB if not Asiina

and this:

FWIW, I have a town read on YPM, and I might becoming around on asiina. Her hanger-on defenders are more curious.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

The op says there is something that will happen if you fail posting 10 posts by deadline.

Yeah, that kind of lurker penalty is kinda pointless though. Could be a prod, could be a replacement, etc. I bet TMM won't just be modkilling on first offence.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A developing idea. More than one player has voiced it as a slapfight and the majority of players has disregarded the case completely so it leads me to believe that players like yourself and possibly even max got involved opportunistically.

Interesting that you think the players that think scum are involved are more likely scum then the players who are dismissing it as a town slap fight. Typically, it would be scum who would be more likely to do the second, since they know the players involved aren't scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To make this cuddle useful and informational, those of you who haven't already posted why you think I'm scum, should probably do that. Otherwise this is just going to look like an apathy cuddle.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still prefer AA. Would do Hum since many people have talked about him and it would at least mean something. Think Merk is someone that we should pay attention to still. Its interesting that he sort of stirred up this stuff on me without actually committing himself. He's probably who I would recommend you look hardest at tomorrow if I get voted out today.

I'm also fine with a lurker cuddle if we just want to make sure the game stays active and get rid of these folks that don't want to play. I think Bminus is my least favorite one of those since he's at least sorta posting alignment reads, but would vote there for self preservation. I'd lean strongly towards Mr. F.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

An unexplained vote.

Relying on his early claim. He starts by claiming town. Then flavor claims velma. Fred flipped vt, but I have no reason to believe KB is actually Velma, and that there are probably fake claims within the game. And that tmm probably wouldnt let flavor so easily clear a player.

My vote is meh and null, but TBF, at this time I was pushing way harder than quid. Why did he think mine was meh?

3 minutes later lol

Prompted for explanation...

This loving post and the post it quoted... again pressure is a base level mechanic. Everyone applies pressure... I wasnt concerned about me lol.

Garbage

I was answering the question about if we prefer Velma or Daphne. Try reading the thread in context instead of making things up. I'm not Velma. :)

Also, despite seemingly posting all my posts in that area, you skip over the one where I changed my mind on you. Dishonest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still at work, just tackling the top of the pile friend!

However, it took you all of 3 minutes to go from null to leaning scum on me?

That's a quicker turn around then the hour you questioned me about....

I think this is one of the biggest issues we have when we discuss things in this thread. I pointed out something factual that you did just now that was slimy, not posting my actual change of heart on you, but you don't mea culpa or admit fault in any way and just move on to the next thing. I'm assuming this is deliberate and you are scum and constantly trying to keep things moving and shift to the next thing. But if you aren't, you need to reevaluate how you read and post, imho.

---

Yes, it was very fast. I saw your post the first time and thought it was just garbage and that doesn't necessarily mean anything alignment wise. But after twigging onto Quid's thing, I went back again and looked to see if he was cribbing off you directly or what, at which point I noticed you were more directly making poo poo up rather than just misunderstanding things.

• Locked thread