Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best part about American football is if someone gets injured on the field, the networks make money because they cut away to commercials. So the networks want the players to get hurt in a game of Football!

Really makes you think. How profitable it is just because some guy gets hurt.

And don't let it be an injury where they have to bring out the stretcher, that's some big bucks there, they can get about 3 commercial breaks out of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well op I have to say that is really fascinating

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

man nurse posted:

Well op I have to say that is really fascinating

Thank you.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
You know next thing they'll do is a terrorism so they can take the whole four hours for commercials and news alerts

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
They should just dive and pretend to be injured like they do in real football, that way everyone wins.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
This belongs in the conspiracy thread.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The best part about American Football is changing the channel

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

How much do they make when all the dudes are having sex in the locker room during half time???

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like the part where the Rams win the SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jawdins posted:

You know next thing they'll do is a terrorism so they can take the whole four hours for commercials and news alerts

Please don't give them ideas

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jawdins posted:

where do i sign up to carry out nfl sanctioned terrorism

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im watching the syracuse and flordia state game right now and they won't stop bitching about how hot the stadium is at 88 degrees lol poor new yorkers not used to any kind of heat i guess

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

DisgracelandUSA posted:

How much do they make when all the dudes are having sex in the locker room during half time???

some things in this life are not valued in dollars

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like these threads because sooner or later a bunch of europeans will run in to complain about sports.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blast of Confetti posted:

where do i sign up to carry out nfl sanctioned terrorism

on your contract (if you dont kneel)

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Pfft. American football. The injuries aren't even fake *blows cigarette smoke european-ly*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS posted:

wait i guess thats not sanctioned

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought the kneeling was a terrism.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

I thought the kneeling was a terrism.

listen budy i cant read. hell i can barely post

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_DMGZ-JrY

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nooner posted:

I like the part where the Rams win the SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Was skeptical this was actually a comedy website, but this right here is it. The comedy I signed up for 13 years ago.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

rugby is code for buggery

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sign me up

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah you know when football started to suck? When the 15 second low angle cheerleader segment was replaced by a 15 second commercial slot. Why not show the loving cheerleaders and charge more money for the regular commercial slots? Or something idk film the goddamn cheerleaders or :frogout:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Vince will save us all with the return of the XFL

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah you know when football started to suck? When the 15 second low angle cheerleader segment was replaced by a 15 second commercial slot. Why not show the loving cheerleaders and charge more money for the regular commercial slots? Or something idk film the goddamn cheerleaders or :frogout:

get ESPN season pass or whatever it's called

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WatermelonGun posted:

Vince will save us all with the return of the XFL

Yeah those male cheerleader dicks better be floppin around! :catbert:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

get ESPN season pass or whatever it's called

I’m not loving psychic, I have to use the TV guide. :colbert:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like the part where the guy throws the baseball at the other guy's nuts

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Football hasn't been the same since Tony Romo retired.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

NihilismNow posted:

They should just dive and pretend to be injured like they do in real football, that way everyone wins.

They do that sometimes. The defense will fall over after a play and be 'injured' to slow down the offense and give their teammates time to get ready.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CannonFodder posted:

They do that sometimes. The defense will fall over after a play and be 'injured' to slow down the offense and give their teammates time to get ready.

happened like 30 minutes ago in the Syracuse v Florida game and even the announcers were saying he was probably just doing it to give the defense a second to catch their breath

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

im watching the syracuse and flordia state game right now and they won't stop bitching about how hot the stadium is at 88 degrees lol new yorkers not used to living in an ultra-humid, elderly-infested, white trash hell state I guess

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry it's a little warm, dude :shobon:

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Football hasn't been the same since Tony Romo retired.

ribs too

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

they seem to be wearing the wrong equipment and i'm worried they may become injured

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
There's actually only so many reserved spots for extra breaks, after those are used up the network is just forced to advertise their own shows.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Best part about american football is they use their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The best part about american football is that it's on TV and I can change the channel or turn that poo poo off.

• Locked thread