Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cast of Characters:

Lucy French, the Angel, played by Godfish
Rowan Kowalski, the Infernal, played by Tardzilla
Serenity Shaw, the Werewolf, played by Ferrosol
Sofia Emerson, the Neighbor, played by Tricky

----------------------------------------

code:

[Miss Roberts]

[Juliana] [Garfield] [Jayla] [Elroy] [Vinay]
[Michelle] [Sofia] [Serenity] [Alice] [Alaina]
[Hunter] [Mordecai] [Rowan] [Lucy] [Alpha]

It’s Friday morning, with a decent amount of time before homeroom starts. Miss Roberts is working on her laptop, but keeps an eye out to make sure you’re all behaving. Several of the students are talking or on their phones, and there’s the click clack noise of Alice toying with her knife.

Lucy: Do you have any plan for figuring out what’s wrong with Rowan? Alaina turns around in her chair to talk to you. “Glad you’re coming back to the team Lucy,” she says in a low voice. But it’s not low enough for others to miss, and you see a few glances your way. Seems she’s trying to spread the idea that you’ll be back to people outside the swim team. What do you do?

Rowan: His arm has healed, but when he came in you saw Alpha looking at you when he thought you weren’t looking. He’s currently in his seat, clenching his fists nervously, switching between glancing at you and Miss Roberts. What do you do?

Serenity: “Hey Serenity.” Elroy’s standing in front of your desk, looking determined. “Let’s get back together.” Blunt and to the point as always. “There’s a game on Sunday, we can watch it at my house. Together.” He seems to think this is some sort of compromise. What do you do?

Sofia: Have you thought any more about Serenity and what happened at the party? Regardless, Elroy has decided to take this moment to try and win her back so you might have to wait. But a seat ahead and to the right, you see Jayla Shaw being the only one in the room working on school work. She currently has her Geometry book and sheet out and seems to be doing fine with the problems. What do you do?

Lucy highlight Hot

Rowan highlight Cold

Serenity highlight Dark

Sofia highlight Cold

OOC Thread

String Sheet/NPC

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that it’s easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Rules:

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it. At the end of a session, I'll remove all the notes so that things don't get so cluttered up.

Singleton rule for Strings applies per person, so you may get Strings from the same ability multiple times in a scene.

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

Alright, yes, I have thought about what happened with Serenity at the party. Quite a bit. And, y'know, maybe done some journaling about it. I think the prose turned out pretty tasteful! And... I really don't know what to do about it all. I mean, we were really drunk. Really drunk. And she's, y'know, kind of a badass. I want to be popular, right? I don't buy into all this class trash getting thrown at the Shaws, but if everyone else does... Man, Salem is hard. Nobody would have batted an eye if I was making out with someone like her in New York. I wish I could talk about it with someone. I do keep an ear out as Elroy starts up his spiel. They were dating? Ew. That'd be like... I don't know, loving a rock or something. That guy has some brain damage for serious.

And, honestly, as I think about it? Something comes over me. I thump my hands on my desk, just loud enough to draw his attention, then say, "Hey, Elroy, you sure you passed your last concussion screener? Seems like it's pretty clear Serenity doesn't want anything to do with you." My eyes slide over to Serenity, maybe just a touch too interested in her response to make it a flawless slam, and I add, "Right, Serenity?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 5:21 PM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 shut down Elroy = (3+6)-1 = 8

Giving him the condition 'Braindead,' then I get one in return. XP!

The Neighbor posted:

Name: Sofia Emerson
Look: Femme, Smiling Eyes
Origin: Divorce Kid

Stats:
Hot 2
Cold -1
Volatile 1
Dark -1

Moves:
 Two Eyes
When you take your glasses off, add 1 to your hot. You actually need your glasses, so subtract 1 from rolls where sight matters.

 Spooked
When you run into someone's arms, they choose:
— you mark experience,
— they become their Darkest Self.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: you mark experience, or they make a hard move.

 Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:
— argue and give you a String,
— let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, or they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

 Speak From The Heart
When you have someone else's best interests at heart, add 2 to your rolls to manipulate an NPC.

Sex Move:
When you scream out someone's name during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self:
You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Backstory:
You live next to someone; your bedroom windows face. Choose:
— you watch them through the blinds and they've noticed, each gain 1 String on one another;
— you leave your blinds up while you change, each gain 2 Strings on one another.

You made out with someone a while ago. Gain a String on them and give them 2 Strings on you.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 5, 2018

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions None!

poo poo, Elroy is not what I need first thing on a Friday morning. I mean drat he has a body to die for. Shame he doesn't have a brain to go with it. What part of "no I've had enough of your poo poo." did he fail to understand the first time around? Still I thought Sofia's interruption was interesting. Did I detect a note of jealousy in her voice or was I just imagining things? Ha, I don't think I've ever been the object of jealousy before. Certainly not from someone as good looking as she was anyway. Still that left me with muscle-head to deal with. "It's over Elroy, I mean it. Finished, finito we're well past extra time and nowhere near the endzone or something like that." I shrugged I wasn't really into watching sports so I didn't know if that was how football worked. "I've just had enough of boys like you and their balls. Especially when there's so many other ways I could be having fun." I said giving Sofia a meaningful look and a sly smile. She'd been ignoring me all week... let's see if she could ignore that!

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:13 PM
@Ferrosol: 2d6+1 turn on Sofia = (5+6)+1 = 12

Taking a string on Sofia

quote:

Skin: The Werewolf
Look: feisty with predatory eyes
Origin: Ancestral power.

Stats:
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1

Skin Moves:

Scent of Blood: Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in
this scene already.

Primal Dominance: When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1
to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken

Darkest Self:

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape
your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Backstory

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching Rowan from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 19, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions None!

I bite down on my pencil, as I try to ignore all the nervous looks Alpha is giving me. He thinks I haven't noticed yet, but I have, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I know I loving hosed up, alright!? gently caress! Stop looking at me like I'm some sorta crazy psychopath! I'm not! I'm a hero! I made a mistake, sure, but Buddy told me that heroes make mistakes all the time! I was just trying to do some good, okay!? Agh! How can I get him to stop looking at me!? It's not like I can just yell at him!

...Wait, I know! I'll ask Lucy for help! I scoot my chair closer to Lucy, and shake her shoulder to get her attention, "Hey, hey, Lucy," I lean in closer, getting right into her personal space, my hand still on her shoulder, and whisper quietly into her ear, "Hey, d'ya mind, like, helping me out with a little problem I've been having? I'd, like, really appreciate it!"

Rolled a 6 to Turn On Lucy.

quote:

Name: Rowan Kowalski
Look: Anxious, burning eyes
Origin: bartered soul

Stats:
Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile +2
Dark +1

Moves:
 Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Power: Buddy

 Can’t Save Myself
When somebody saves you from forces too powerful for you to reckon with, they mark experience, and you gain a String on them.

Bargains:
 The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

 Numbing It Out
You can give the dark power a String in order to remove a Condition or up to two harm.

Sex Move:
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self:
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the
dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Backstory:
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Lucy French - The Angel
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 Forgiveness
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

I'm bent over my backpack on the floor, reaching in to pull my textbook and notebook out, so Alaina doesn't see the flash of emotion across my eyes, or the brief grinding of teeth that accompany it. By the time I'm sitting up right again facing her and putting my schoolwork on the desk, I have a very slight smile on my face that I'm not feeling at all. "I don't know where you heard that Alaina," I respond sweetly, likewise keeping my voice low so as to not attract the attention of Ms. Roberts. "because no one told me I was planning on it." I give a soft, fake laugh, as if it was actually funny. Maybe I can spread the counter rumor of the truth more widely than she can spread the lies? But aside from this issue, I do like her, more or less, so I'm careful not to actually call her out on making it up. Just two friends talking about a rumor. And she is trying to help. I think.

Fortunately with regards to not having to continue this conversation, unfortunate in that it prevents me from spreading the actual facts to the people listening in, Rowan interrupts from out of nowhere, opening by shaking me. Looking a bit startled, I wave a hand vaguely at Alaina to indicate some kind of continuation later and turn to my classroom neighbor. Just tapping would have been fine, but I am looking for a way in closer with her, so I'll overlook it. "Yes Rowan?" Oh, she's... whispering in my ear now. Is this supposed to be a secret? Flinching just slightly, I reach out and put my hand on hers on my shoulder, patting it reassuringly to take the sting out of my recoil. "Well, I can't promise anything, but if you tell me what's wrong I'll see what I can do." I'm not whispering, but I do drop my voice down to a less 'private conversation everyone can still hear' tone than I was using with Alaina. "You know always I'm willing to help." I pat her hand a few more times, feeling the roughness of her knuckles from all the punching she does. I remember helping bandage her up - why does she keep ending up like this?

7 to turn on Rowan with a String

The Angel posted:

Name
Lucy French

Look
tentative, bright eyes

Origin
banished from heaven

Angel Moves
Cast From Heaven
You no longer have a dark stat. Instead, you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0. When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead.

Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone else’s will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lord’s permission, move the marker toward Trespass.

If Trespass or Forgiveness is highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Better and More Deserving
When someone else gets the praise that you deserve, gain a String on them.

Gaze Into Heaven
When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness. On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry one forward to whatever you’d like.
On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.

When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss. On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you, and you carry 1 forward to realizing that fear.
On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.

Stats
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1
Trespass 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 Forgiveness

Sex Move
When you have sex, you are reminded of your purpose here on earth. Lose one of your Skin moves and gain a different one.

Darkest Self
You've fought so hard to distance yourself from the lord, to establish autonomy and independence. In doing so, you've unwittingly stumbled into the service of another power greater than yourself. You will carry out their will as if it were your own. Whenever possible, you'll convince yourself that you're doing this of your own volition. You escape your Darkest Self when you realize who's been tempting you down this dark path, and beg others to save you.

Your Backstory
The lord loves Sofia more than he loves you. Naturally, a rivalry has sprung up. You gain two Strings on them, and they gain one on you.

Serenity reminds you of heaven. They gain a String on you.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 22, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions None!

"U-um..." W-wow, uh, her hands are, like, really soft and warm. "I, u-um..." I shyly look away from her, hoping she doesn't notice the slight blush forming on me, "I-it's Alpha. I, um, I made a mistake. A big one. I did something bad. Really bad, and, and he keeps looking at me, and... and... and..." My eyes meet Lucy's, and she can probably see all the guilt I feel in them now, "I- I don't know what to do. H-how can I get him to stop looking at me like that?"

Giving Lucy a String on me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Ms. Roberts pauses to look at her phone, and frowns. "I have to step outside for a moment. I'll be back soon, so just keep behaving all right?" She closes the laptop, gets up, and walks out the door.

Sofia: "Don't waste your time hanging with her," Elroy says to Serenity. "She's just some loser. You won't have any fun with her."

Elroy gives you the condition Loser

Juliana practically jumps on Elroy's words. "Yeah Sofia what are you going to do? Play board games in your mom's basement?" What do you do?

Serenity: Elroy ignores Juliana. "Look, so if you don't want to watch football..." he pauses, like he can't imagine what would interest such a person. "Why, uh, why don't you come up with something? And then we can do it. Together!" What do you do?

Rowan: When Ms. Roberts leaves you hear the sound of a chair being pushed back, someone coming up to, and then suddenly Alpha is grabbing your collar and pulling you out of your chair. His other hand is in a fist and begins to swing at you. What do you do?

Lucy: Alaina looks annoyed, and begins to open her mouth right before Alpha rushes by and grabs Rowan. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions None!

"I'm not sure how much clearer I can be." I added "I don't want to watch football with you. ,I don't want to drink beer with you, I sure as hell don't want to arrange flowers with you." I was getting more and more irritated as my point failed to penetrate through his thick skull. "I've just had enough of your poo poo." I said slamming my hands on the edge of my desk and pushing it hard into Elroy's stomach in front of me.

quote:

@Ferrosol: 2d6+2 Hitting Elroy with a desk = (3+2)+2 = 7
you harm them but choose 1: they gain 1 String on you;

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions Loser

I can't help but make a sour face at Juliana's comment. I mean, wow. Does she have any room to talk? At least I know what the gently caress I'm talking about. I stand up, pocket my glasses, and stomp over towards her. I'm gonna... I don't even know! Show her that she's wrong, sure, and maybe even make her apologize for being such a catty bitch. Of course, that's about the time that Serenity flips out. I stumble in the confusion, toppling over onto Juliana, and we end up all entangled on the floor while a loving death battle happens just to our side. The first thing I do is check my glasses — I really can't see much more than a blur without them — and sigh in relief when they end up fine. That would have been a real lovely way to start the weekend. My back-up pair is super trashy. Of course, now that that's settled, I should probably address the elephant in the room. Or, in this case, the pile. I say, "Um, Jules? Would you, uh, mind moving your hand?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:28 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 turn on Juliana = (6+6)+3 = 15

Taking a string on Juliana!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Serenity: Elroy lets out a surprised wheeze as you slam the desk into him. "What the hell!" He grabs ahold of it and pushes back while gasping in some air. "I was just asking you out you crazy bitch!" You can see your other classmates looking at you, including Jayla.

Elroy spends the String to give you the condition Psycho

What do you do?

Sofia: Juliana looks both incredibly angry and also confused for some reason. "Get off me!" she shrieks, flailing about and smacking you in the face. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

"Ah!" Before I knew it, I was pulled out of my chair by Alpha, and- oh crap, is he going to punch me!?

I inwardly start calling out for Buddy for help as soon as he swings his fist at me, and, in my panic, I thrust my head forward, and smash my forehead on the bridge of his nose, and there's a non-slim chance that I might've broken his nose, now, too. I didn't want to hurt him anymore than I already have, but he made me do it! He made me hurt him again!

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+4 Rowan does a violence! (+2 for giving a string to dark power) = (2+1)+4 = 7

Doing 1 harm, and Alpha can do harm to me back.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Rowan: Alpha yells in surprise, and throws you towards Alice's seat. You slam into the desk, knocking past a very surprised Alice and causing her knife to fly out of her hand and clatter to the ground. Alpha, blood flowing from his nose, jumps on top of you and begins punching you.

Take 1 Harm

What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions Loser

I roll away and shield myself, saying, "Jesus! Watch the face!" You'd think that I was the one who was just feeling her up, but that's not exactly what went down. Of course, I guess she's not interested in talking this out. I dodge between a mess of bodies to get away — Serenity and Elroy and Rowan and Alpha are all fighting now, what the gently caress is going on?! — and I stumble a bit as I trip over something and send it skittering across the classroom. I don't want to sound like I tumble into people a lot, I'm so not a klutz, but goddamn if I don't end up sharing Lucy's seat. I rest there for a moment, trying to figure out what to say to make this less awkward, and I finally settle on, "Crazy Friday, huh, Lucy?"

Lucy! As the lucky Spooked recipient, you get to choose: Either I mark XP, or you become your Darkest Self.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Lucy French - The Angel

Alpha? She was the one who did that to him? Oh god - he was a mess, but... why? Rowan said it was a mistake, but how do you make that kind of mistake? It's obvious that she regrets it, but this whole thing is just making me more confused. But, I do need to actually say something to help her... "Well... It seems to me like you should start by apolo-"

I was paying too much attention to my own thoughts and not enough to the room, because suddenly the two of them are fighting right in front of me. "No!" Trying to jump to your feet in these lovely school desks is hard enough, and doing so with two people fighting right in front of you, slamming into it and knocking it around is practically impossible, so by the time I'm up the pair of them are on the floor, I'm not good at fights but it sounded like something broke - and the classroom seems to be going to hell, there's shouting from two more places, my eyes flickering catch Elroy and Serenity fighting before I'm smacked back down into my chair by a ballistic Sofia. Blinking confusedly up at her, I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, "are you okay?" Wait, this is Sofia, of course she's okay, she just traveled through two fights and the only one who got hurt is my back hitting my seat at a bad angle. Ugh. I don't have time to dwell on that though, as trying to get back to my feet, my eyes fall on Alpha on top of her and starting to pummel Rowan. Oh no. "Rowan! We need to stop them! Help me get Alpha off her!" If she wants to make things better with him, I can't let them keep fighting or she'll do more that she'll regret, and that's if she can get the upper hand here... "Come on!" My efforts to stand up have me pushing quite insistently against Sofia's body, in ways someone less focused on the fighting might find hard to ignore.

Turn on Sofia: 2

Sofia takes 1 Exp

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 22, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lucy: The rest of the class is too distracted by what's going on, but you see Mordecai quietly pick up the knife and quickly close it, putting it in his shirt pocket. He gets up and begins to leave the room. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Psycho

I could feel the adrenaline pumping as I slammed the desk forward. The world seemed more... real. The colours sharper, the smells brighter and I could feel myself starting to grin with a smile that showed far more teeth than was probably healthy for anyone else. It was only as I scanned the room and saw Jayla give a sharp shake of the head that I realised what I was doing. Nah, as satisfying as it would feel going all out on Elroy simply wasn't worth it. Instead I took a deep breath and turned to him and said. "What part of no means no do you fail to understand? I don't want anything at all to do with you. If you come near me again it won't be just a desk. Maybe you did take one too many blows to the head to be that loving dense"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:11 AM
@Ferrosol: 2d6+1 shutdown Elroy = (1+2)+1 = 4
+1 from him being brain damaged +1 from scent of blood. Not that it matters.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Serenity: Elroy just stares at you, silent for a moment. Then his fury catches up and he suddenly slams the desk back at you, causing you to stumble backwards and crash into where Rowan used to sit.

"gently caress you."

Take 1 Harm

What do you do?

Sofia: Serentity comes crashing into Rowen's place. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

I hold my arms up in a vain attempt to block some of his punches, "S-stop! I don't want to hurt you anymore!" I mean it! If Alpha was bad, that'd be one thing, but he's innocent! "Please!" I desperately plead to him, but my pleas fall on deaf ears, as he keeps pummeling me. I start tearing up, and my watery eyes locks in with Sofia's for a brief second, and I cry out, "H-help m-me! Please! I don't w-want to fight back!"

Using a String to offer Sofia XP if she helps me out.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions Loser

I lever myself up and off of Lucy who was getting all up on me... okay, yes, I'm noticing a common theme here. Jules, Lucy... they definitely are way too into this for it to just be a simple coincidence. This is like a movie, huh? Hot girl comes from the big city, suddenly everyone wants to get with her? That totally explains why they've been such standoffish jerks for no reason! They've totally got it bad. I say, "Um, okay, I'll do my best!" Between Lucy's pleas and Rowan's own, it'd be a real dick move to let this Alpha thing keep going. I stumble back towards that pile and start banging on Alpha's back! I say, "Cut that out, Jesus Christ, you're going to kill him! Hey! STOP!"

Accepting the tempt for another XP!

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:25 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+1 sofia paaaaaaanch = (3+2)+1 = 6

More like Sofia Lightly Bonks Alpha On The Back. +XP.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Psycho

Well, well, well. And to think all I'd had to look forward too when I got up this morning was another boring rear end day at school. Now things were getting interesting. My kind of interesting anyway, If I'd known Elroy could be this much fun to play with I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to tell him to get lost. Picking myself up I shook my head a little to clear it. Must have caught it when I went down or something. "That the best you got?" I said before leaping forward fists flying.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 10:09 PM
@Ferrosol: 2d6+3 punchup time = (4+1)+3 = 8
they can deal 1 harm for free

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Sofia: You barely manage to land a few weak blows on Alpha's back when someone punches you in the face from the side, knocking your glasses to the floor.

Take 1 Harm

The person shoves you away from the fight, and it's only when you see the leather jacket and hear him say "gently caress HIM UP ALPHA!" that you realize it's Hunter, Alpha's friend. He keeps himself in between the two of you, not continuing to attack you just yet but making sure you can't help Rowan either. What do you do?

Rowan: Alpha keeps punching you, hitting your own nose and causing it to bleed. Both his blood and your blood are on your face now.

Take 1 Harm

But as you start to cry and yell out, he hesitates for a moment. His hands begin to shake for a second as he breathes heavily in and out. He looks directly at you, and then steadies himself. What do you do?

Serenity: As you hit Elroy, he begins to return the blows. The two of you knock your desk aside and just beat the poo poo out of each other for a moment.

Take 1 Harm

There might be something else going on in the classroom, but it's possible you're a little too busy to notice. But you feel someone grabbing you and trying to pull you away. "Serenity what are you doing?!" It's Jayla - and you know this is going to get back to your dad. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions Loser

For a moment, I don't even know what just happened. I was trying to help Rowan, then... wait. Hunter definitely just decked me! What a loving rear end in a top hat! With a frustrated yell, I shout, "Why the gently caress are you all goddamn psychos?!" And then, like one does, I manage to catch him on the — blurry, given the lack of glasses — chin with a haymaker. I don't trust him enough to turn away and, goddamnit, Rowan still needs help!

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:24 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+1 punch hunter = (2+4)+1 = 7

Dealing harm, he can deal 1 back.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 25, 2018

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Lucy French - The Angel

Okay, Sofia's got it, phew. In that moment of relaxation, drawn by something I'm not really aware of, Malakhael's influence probably, my eyes fall on the knife just in time to see Mordecai take it. That... can't be good, though I don't know what he'd want with it. Should I follow hi- 'gently caress HIM UP ALPHA' blasts through the thought, jerking me back to the present. Him? I don't have a chance to focus on that though, Hunter is keeping Sofia off of Alpha, which means Rowan is still getting beaten... gently caress. I can't follow Mordecai, instead, scrambling over my desk while Hunter's attention is on Sofia, I grab Alpha's shoulder. "Stop it! Haven't you hurt her enough?!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

"Please..." I sniff, looking at Alpha with tearful eyes, "Don't make me fight you. I don't want to fight you. I'm... I'm..." I sniff again, "I'm sorry."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Psycho

I was really only getting started with the fight when someone pulled me away. I turned in instinct to hit them but something made me stop. It took a moment for me to realise who it was. Jayla. "Why did you pull me away?" I asked as I let her pull me back. "Don't tell me you've never felt like that." I whispered "Never felt that you can take what you want and do what you desire. After all when it comes down to it there's not a single person in this room that could stop us from doing what we want. If they tried they're only going to get hurt if we go all out. you know that don't you and part of you wishes you had the guts to do the same. I could show you how to be like that if you help me."

quote:

@Ferrosol: 2d6+1 manipulating Jayla = (6+2)+1 = 9
What do I need to do to get Jayla not to be a snitch?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Sofia: "Psychos? Hah! Maybe you should ask Rowan - " is about what Hunter gets out before you hit him. He whirls back in surprise and begins to fall over, managing to grab you and bring you down to the ground with him.

Take 1 Harm

"gently caress!" he shouts. You hear someone come by and Vinay manages to step in between you two, using his legs to get in the way of you two being able to hit each other. But he's keeping an eye on Hunter and says, "You okay Sofia?" What do you do?

Rowan: Alpha watches you for a moment, and then gets up. He begins to walk out of the classroom. What do you do?

Lucy: Alpha doesn't really seem to pay any attention to you, but he stopped and is leaving. You can see Alice looking around for her knife - but Mordecai has already left. What do you do?

Serenity: "I don't want that." She pauses, and you sense maybe's that's not the entire truth. "I don't want to do this-" she motions to you and Elroy "to get what I want. I...I think maybe you...well, I'm willing to listen and not tell the family what happened, just talk to Elroy and agree the two of you aren't going to keep fighting each other, all right? Maybe we can reach a compromise on helping me get what I want."? Jayla is confused and uncertained, but trying to strike a deal here. "Reach a peace with Elroy, meet me after after school and we'll talk more." She lets you go, watching to see what you do. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions Loser

I struggle for a moment, full-on fight or flight, but I eventually realize that it's Vinay that has me instead of Hunter. I say, "No, not really! Hunter just socked me in the face out of nowhere!"

I rub my jaw, already totally sore, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have bruises all over from the fall. It's a bit of a relief that I'm the more sympathetic party here. I mean, first off, everyone knows Hunter is a nut. Second, I'm cute as hell and he's... well, maybe 'rugged' if we're being generous here. I don't feel really generous at the moment, so let's go with something like 'has a face his mom probably pulls faces at when he's not looking.' But... Alpha stopped beating up Rowan, so mission accomplished?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Sofia: "Yeah, I should have started with "do you need to go to the nurse?" Vinay takes a brief look around at the other students. "Might be a bit of line." Hunter gets up, glares at you, shoots a look of disdain at Vinay and begins to leave as well. There's a moment of silence, broken by the occasional wheezing gasp or muttered conversation. It's almost eerie how quiet it is, since just a short while ago it was loud and filled with yelling and crashes and fights and who knows what else. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark 1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions None!

I get back up, and wipe away some of the blood and mucus dripping down my nose. He stopped. Oh thank God he stopped. If he didn't, then I would've had to-

...No, I don't want to think about it. All that matters is that he's gone, and he's not looking at me with those angry eyes of his anymore. "T-thanks, Lucy," I say to her, "F-for t-trying to help." She wasn't the only one trying, though. Sofia tried, too. She didn't have to, but she did... and she got hurt because of it. "H-hey, Sofia," I awkwardly shuffle myself beside her, "U-um, t-thanks," I try not to think of all the times I saw her out my window, wearing almost nothing, as I talk to her, "I, um, a-appreciate you h-helping me o-out, too..."

Oh, wow. She got hurt pretty badly. I take a step closer to her, placing my fingers gently on her face, and lean in to take a closer look, putting my face inches away from hers, "S-sorry. T-this was a-all my fault," my eyes drift up to meet hers, "I-is t-there anyway I can d-do to m-make it up to y-you?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+1 Turn on Sofia (+2 from Power Flows Through You) = (6+5)+1 = 12

Got a string on Sofia! Also, giving Buddy a string for that roll.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Rowan: As you use Buddy's power to appeal to Sofia, you realize Buddy seems to have taken an interest in that. "Rowan...do you like her?" What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Psycho

"Hmm, well it won't be easy." I muttered back to her. But If I could win Jayla over, even a little it would be worth it. "I'll give it a shot anyway." I promised. Truth is I didn't even really particularly hate Elroy, if he was willing to leave me alone I was quite happy to leave him alone of course getting him to agree to a truce wouldn't be easy but there had to be something I could use to get him off my back . I picked up my chair and dragged my desk back into something like it's normal position and sat down to think...

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 11:57 AM
@Ferrosol: 2d6-1 Gaze about peacemaking = (1+4)-1 = 4

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 || Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions Loser

I say, "Yeah, no kidding. Is it a full moon or something tonight? Everyone went crazy all at once." Naturally, I'm totally reasonable and justified here. Self-defense, right? And... wow, Rowan out of nowhere! Maybe it's a concussion, maybe just a trick of the light, but was Rowan always so... sparkly? I mean, that's more than enough to derail my pity train and start some... other thoughts. Woof. Man, what a morning. One moment I'm thinking of putting my fist through Hunter's idiot face, next thing I know I'm thinking about jumping Rowan here and now. "Uh, well, maybe you could walk me to the nurse's office? I've got a wicked shiner on the way, probably, and I wouldn't mind some tylenol."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

As I hear Buddy's soothing voice in my head, I mentally respond back to them, "Sofia? Yea, I think so! She's really pretty, and I'd really like to get closer to her!"

"U-uh, you w-want me to walk you? S-sure!" I rub the back of my neck, unable to hide the goofy smile on my face right now, "I got roughed up pretty badly, too, so it's not a bad idea!" A bit of blood leaks out of my nose as soon as I say that, which I quickly wipe away, "D-do you, um, w-wanna go now?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Serenity: You try to think about how to handle Elroy, but...didn't you just tell Jayla that no one could stop you? That you could just use force to get what you want? It's true, isn't it? Why should you bother trying to make nice with Elroy? Why should you bother hiding your true strength when you could just make everyone let you do what you want?

It's then that you see your claws are beginning to grow and you can feel the teeth in your mouth turning into the sharp fangs of a wolf. You catch control of yourself and force them back down - but out of the corner of your eye you see Michelle looking at you over her phone. Maybe she happened to look just now, or maybe she saw more. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Lucy French - The Angel

"Yeah, no problem Rowan." I might have come off a little gruffer than I intended, but really? That's it? Thanks, now I'm off to go make moon eyes at Sofia? Not that I want her making moon eyes at me, either, but a little more gratitude wouldn't hurt, I am the one who got her to help, even if I didn't end up being the one who got punched. Stupid, typical, Sofia, stupid god. Heading back to my seat, I look at Alice looking around for her knife, and consider not saying anything for a moment, but I'm grumpy enough to not care about being a narc right now. "Mordecai took it." Telling her that, I walk past and sit back down. Sheesh. What a start to the day.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wow, who pissed in Lucy's coffee this morning? She was basically radiating jealously all through that. Like, seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if she just spontaneously turned green at this point. I say, "Um, sure. I don't think that Miss Roberts is going to make a scene if we head down to the nurse's office... especially if we don't mention how she wasn't watching us when everything went down."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lucy: Alice looks up as you speak and heads over to you. "What? When?" She looks around and sees he isn't in the room. "Where did he go? Why didn't you say anything when you saw him?" She glances at the door. "Come help me find him." What do you do?

Sofia: Vinay finds your glasses on the floor and hands them back to you as he says, "I can take both of you there." The three of you leave and head out into the hallway. But you notice Vinay has positioned himself so that he's in between the two of you, and keeps looking at Rowan with distrust. What do you do?

Rowan: Who's the nurse here, and what are they like?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Lucy French - The Angel
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions None!

I look at Alice with irritation. I just want to sit here and read my stupid textbook! "A minute ago, and I was sort of in the middle of trying to break up a fight?" Letting out a groan, I try to sink further into my chair, but it isn't working. If I don't go, she'll either make a fuss or go off on her own, or not get it, and if the story makes it to the staff, then I'll have to explain why I didn't do anything about it, and... "Alright, lets go. He can't have gotten too far."

Shifting towards Forgiveness

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lucy: Alice takes you outside, and the two of you wander the halls. It isn't too long before the two of you run into Mordecai - and the gym teacher / swim team coach Mrs. McFee. What is she like? She looks at the two of you and says, "Mordecai says there's fighting in your classroom? What's going on?" What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Yeah, why the gently caress should I care what Elroy thinks about me? I could just make him so loving terrified of me that he won't ever dare fight me. I could crush him completely and watch as he begs for mercy. All it would take is letting the wolf have it's way. In fact why should I even wait until later I should crush him right the hell now. It was only then that I noticed the part of me that was wolf had started to emerge. Hastily I struggled to get my emotions under control, I was never good at this kind of poo poo. I just didn't have the patience. Far too slowly I managed to force it down, luckily no one seemed to have noticed my lapse... Oh poo poo, apart from maybe Michelle, What had she seen? Maybe I could bluff my way out of it? I smiled at her and said. "No shame in looking, I'm drat well worth looking at. But I didn't know you swung that way"

quote:

r 2d6+1 #turn on Michelle
SidekickBOTToday at 10:07 PM
@Ferrosol: 2d6+1 turn on Michelle = (2+2)+1 = 5