Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Writing out a post and doing some previews, but I spotted something that irritates the gently caress out of me:

Max posted:

It doesn’t, especially given him specifically pointing out he’s not 3p.

Hey, buddy, I saw that edit in the grace period. Knock that poo poo right the gently caress off.

(for the record, he fixed "3p" when it originally said "2p")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

I'll tell you what I think of (merk's case) ...

Okay, so two main arguments here, from the looks of it:

Point 1: the use of "take a chill pill" and "jumping at shadows" does not directly correlate to my thoughts on alignment. You can still (appear to) be scum and freaking out or jumping at shadows. Not that I believe Rhj is scum any more, but that's a different matter entirely.

Point 2: The second post contains information you feel like I should have put in my first post. I don't believe so -- I think the first post stands on its own merits as written, and the second post was written in response to Rhj asking for elaboration as opposed to out of the blue.

I feel like this is some weak-rear end poo poo to pull right before a deadline, especially on somebody who wasn't a candidate, and especially when you've been pretty much shitposting the entirety of the day to fulfill some vague claimed role. You can still contribute and post more, and you've been around long enough to know this. So why not contribute with your quad posts with small thoughts instead of really bad australian accent jokes? Yeah, yeah, you're at work and I'm screaming into the void, but come on.

##vote merk because like gently caress I'm no-lynching even with a scum down.

Toalpaz posted:

If this had happened earlier I'd be down to lunch you. This is your 5th post in 4 days. Same with RF honestly.

Yeah, gently caress me for having real life obligations basically boiling down to "stop being a massive piece of poo poo or there are going to be repercussions", am I right?

I'll say this much: I probably could have posted more yesterday but I got horribly busy at work and then went out and got drunk due to said day at work. I'm also now on vacation for an entire week, so I'll be more active in the days to come.

Preview add-on(s):

Max posted:

Sure but a simple “I’m town” works. Why bring it up at all?

this is a valid point

Grinnblade posted:

Writing out a post and doing some previews, but I spotted something that irritates the gently caress out of me:

Hey, buddy, I saw that edit in the grace period. Knock that poo poo right the gently caress off.

And I'm also aware this is a REALLY small thing to point out but when "no editing" has been a rule since the goddamn Stone Age of Internet Mafia, I feel like even a small typo like this should be corrected with a mafia edit/EBWOP.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grinnblade posted:

What?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
B- choose a side please. We gotta hit 7.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

I can't prove this and I'm not like asking for mod intervention or anything, but I swear I saw "2p" instead of "3p" in that post at one point while I was piecing things together. Maybe I misread it, and if I did I unreservedly apologize.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My lunch got done early.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grinnblade posted:

What person seriously makes this post? You are playing a character.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

My lunch got done early.

not your lunch here in this game, we're still deliberating.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grinnblade posted:

I can't prove this and I'm not like asking for mod intervention or anything, but I swear I saw "2p" instead of "3p" in that post at one point while I was piecing things together. Maybe I misread it, and if I did I unreservedly apologize.

You 100% misread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm irritated the gently caress out of a ninja edit to fix a typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Toalpaz posted:

B- choose a side please. We gotta hit 7.

I’ll be back home in 30. We still have an hour and a half.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Anyway, let me read what I missed from Grinnblade besides that while also padding my postcount in hopes that I remain the top poster when night hits if I am alive.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grinnblade posted:

even so, it doesn't matter.

If you saw something substantially edited, that would go against the spirit of the game and while people "shouldn't" ninja edit.

It's not egregious.

I feel like this is the flimsiest of things to have any one part of your argument/defense occupy the thread with.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is that you doing a bit because you know that also bothers the gently caress out of me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How dare you correct a meaningless typo!

If merk made up that claim off the cuff props to him but that sure seems real.

My sensitive side doesn’t want to vote a guy playing his first game in years on D1 but I’ll vote him over merk at this point. Trying to make some time to look at Toal and a couple other people but this morning is turning out busier than I expected (as usual)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For the record: I didn't edit the post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grinnblade posted:

Not that I believe Rhj is scum any more, but that's a different matter entirely.

Hey, Grinnblade, so who is scum then? With this statement, you've effectively given zero reads. Your vote on me is, as you said, just so we don't no lynch.

Give us a serious case on someone before I flip town at least. You have no opinions in the thread at all now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

How dare you correct a meaningless typo!

If merk made up that claim off the cuff props to him but that sure seems real.

My sensitive side doesn’t want to vote a guy playing his first game in years on D1 but I’ll vote him over merk at this point. Trying to make some time to look at Toal and a couple other people but this morning is turning out busier than I expected (as usual)

I want to point out that his claim only claims the mechanics of how successful his role is, not what it does. It could just as easily be a scum role, so I'm treating it as neutral either way. I believe the mechanics are real, though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Grinnblade votes:
1. Rhj done in a way to implicate Monathin and give him an out that he can't articulate why the posts bother him
2. merk done in a way to say 'guess we should avoid a NL'

Why are we still talking about lynching me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I could full claim, but I won't. I'll take the risk of getting lynched against the hit to the helpfulness of my role if I claim.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

Grinnblade votes:
1. Rhj done in a way to implicate Monathin and give him an out that he can't articulate why the posts bother him

You aren't just a "guess we should avoid a NL"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Max posted:

You aren't just a "guess we should avoid a NL"

Grinnblade posted:

##vote merk because like gently caress I'm no-lynching even with a scum down.

You sure?

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

merk posted:

What person seriously makes this post? You are playing a character.

How am I supposed to handle this situation, merk? I'm not gonna go running to Ecco over one number, and PMing a player out of game is chasing bad with worse. On the other hand, yeah it's one character and I probably (okay definitely) should have kept my mouth shut.

merk posted:

Grinnblade votes:

Because you poo poo up the thread for the entirety of a game day with drat near close to zero content, with your only case coming when the thread finally got sick of it and started applying pressure hours before deadline? :thunk:

merk posted:

I could full claim, but I won't. I'll take the risk of getting lynched against the hit to the helpfulness of my role if I claim.

"don't lynch me guys my role is super cool and awesome no seriously wait why are you grabbing the rope"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You know who needs to make sure they give themselves an out for every vote they make for when the person they're voting actually flips? Scum. Scum do that. Grinnblade has two votes and did it twice.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

You sure?

For myself, yes, I'm sure.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh that was how Grinnblade was characterizing your vote, gotcha.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grinnblade, the biggest joke of that callout is specifically who you called out. But it was unwarranted anyway.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Max, this post isn't about you. This post is about Grinnblade's votes in this game:

merk posted:

Grinnblade votes:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Oh that was how Grinnblade was characterizing your vote, gotcha.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Grinnblade: Do you actually think I’m scum?

Who do you think is scum and why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also 1 hour left.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gotta run to another meeting. Cheers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rollcall, who is actually here?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

All the time in the world to shitpost, but now it's meetings and lunches and a last minute scramble to dodge the rope.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Rollcall, who is actually here?

I can do things.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I got done driving early. So I am here

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rhjamiz posted:

All the time in the world to shitpost, but now it's meetings and lunches and a last minute scramble to dodge the rope.

Also true lmao

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

Yeah, I'm fine going back to him for this behavior but I want to know if a lunch is even going to be possible.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I am here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grinnblade and merk are voting each other, so assume those won't move. The four people on either of those votes are also all here right now, which isn't enough to actually make a lunch happen.

We can either consolidate or wait for two more people to make a decision.

• Locked thread