Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Your Personal Muse posted:

Wait maybe don’t. Cub, how do you know the scum version? If he says it was in the pm someone can cc him

I don't know what cc means but yes it was in my PM. And the White Mage thing was pointed out already. So...no scumslips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If none of the other class PMs got knowledge of both town and scum roles then maybe I just got modboned, but at least town now has more info.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Also, if you’d prefer, I can just attempt to shoot CS as opposed to waiting for the dunk. Although more pressure on him might get better results.

Do it. Don't blue ball/ovary the thread.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Also, if you’d prefer, I can just attempt to shoot CS as opposed to waiting for the dunk. Although more pressure on him might get better results.

It'd be nice to hear if you know who gave you the gun though, before you shoot.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Okay. I'll tell you.
You don't know who gives you the gun.

Also sober, don't get egged on into doing something dumb.

Also we really should get Merk to start offering opinions in order to advance the day discussion.

How is that relevant to your results?

I gave my gun to imgay last night. Now go ahead and try to shoot me you gently caressing coward. I think you're town too so I'm rooting for a click, but don't empty threat here.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I don't think Cube is a good person to go after, fwiw. If he's fake claiming cop he still needs to provide us with a result tomorrow anyway, or scum/sk will end him if they are worried. We shouldn't.

Potential result being "I got toaded" but yeah.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

On an unrelated note, I think these are all the job claims so far. For future reference.

ASF: no claim
AA: 3p JOAT
Asiina: Chemist -> black mage
CCKeane: breadcrumbed both
chaoslord: Chemist
Cubical Sucrose: Squire
Dancer: Squire
flerp: Squire (claimed to understand my D1 argument)
Hal: Squire (same)
IS: seemed to not know how guns work, ergo Chemist
imgay: strongly breadcrumbed Squire
Khedive Rex: Weird person :v:
KB: Squire
merk: I dunno
Toalpaz: Squire
YPM: no claim. Reacted at least once in a way suggesting he wasn't aware of how squires work.

Squire -> Knight, that is.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sure I'm voting against you for now because you're not town. And I've sounded scummy all game. And right now I might be the best alternative to you getting lynched today. But what exactly is your case against me? A gentle suggestion that GX didn't sound scummy and I hammered town D1 (alongside a hundred other voters)? Seems pretty weak, but maybe there's not much else to go on.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Attempting to summarize the major plot points from this game day:

- AA says he tracked Asiina to Jeabus who died, Asiina claims she took no action

- AA was caught lying about his giving-gifts role

- CubicalSucrose continues to ping people and apparently challenged me to shoot him while I was gone

- Dancer’s now voting Keane because Keane’s being deliberately obtuse regarding his job class

Did I miss anything?

We've also got two dead lurker flips incoming, not sure if you were counting from last time you were here or start of gameday.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm going to speculate on the other T2 roles.

Archer - maybe a nightvig that's unwatchable or untrackable or something?
White Mage - guessing there's a secondary component to "heal toad." Could be an infinite rather than a 1-shot? Otherwise black mages are like twice as good as white mages and that seems a little unbalanced (maybe the point?). Or, maybe the white mage t3's outclass the black mage t3's

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sucrose I'll give you specifics in a bit, but in summation from memory:
your weird lack of knowledge around guns even though you were a squire

Your new class is not believable. I say this as a 3p who fake claimed day 1 in a bid for added survivability.

[@IS: let's not say i got caught in a lie, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I admitted voluntarily instead of continuing to hide and I had no incentive to offer any info otherwise. That play doesnt come from a threat]

[Extra aside: Even though flerp suggested SK team, It is strange that he acknowledges me as a tracker even though he frames it as a watcher more than once.]

Also you don't have any reads with everything that has happened? Unbelievable.

Got it. I feel like the lack of knowledge is explained by me only knowing exactly the Squire aspects of guns, but from your perspective I can see that looking fishy.

Knight is exactly as I described so I don't have much else to say there.

Lack of reads is arguable. I know I'm town and I know you're not town so I don't see why I need to go much further than that. But I've given a lot of town reads. So by the process of elimination, the folks I feel may or may not be scummy are everyone else. Which is still a lot of people. Contrast my level of engagement against anyone who has just done a single "I think x is scum" read and I feel like I've added more, but maybe that's off. And at the end of the day, I do have a copy one-shot that I'll use if not dead or toad tonight (please white mage me), so that'll be a strong read (and by my luck probably still town because there's a hell of a lot of people).

Genuine disbelief in Knight is fine I guess. Thanks for explaining. Feel free to keep wrongly accusing me of being scum and voting for me, but I won't hold it against you.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Cop* one shot not copy* inb4 scumslip chant.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

This means that Cube didn't lie about giving you a gun. So it could have been that the Mod screwed him by letting him know the scum version of his role?

Thank you for all of those, Sober. I hadn't made it to imgay and had no idea he had so many posts.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether a. imgay should fire the gun and b. in which direction?
imgay already shot today?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

chaoslord posted:

I've been skimming most of the day and :effort: now before bed but did anyone ever counterclaim the getting both town and scum power and say "I am the same role and only got town" or whatever?

Hal said something against what I said.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m not a knight but I have never been told if there is a different scum power for my class

This was it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I'd be interested in seeing the non voters step it up earlier today so we don't have to wait for another last minute rush. Would be nice to figure stuff out when we have time to consider it.

Not Voting (7): CCKeane, chaoslord, flerp, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, KhediveRex, Your Personal Muse

Eh, as long as they don't vote for me they can take as long as they like. Some will (likely?) wind up victims of the next round of lurkerguns anyway.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Khedive makes some good points. I would vote for Toal and reluctantly vote for Hal. Upon a reread, nothing stands out to me super hard so I feel like voting Hal is just trusting Khe's read while being biased by the fact that Hal has gently pushed against me in the past. Doesn't seem like enough right now.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

AA still seems like a safer lynch but
##unvote
##vote merk

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

All this gun talk is boring because I don't have one. Unless scum just wants to bone me I'm going to try something unconventional mostly due to the size of the game.. part of the reason I have no idea what or had no idea what the roles were/are is because I'm a 3p shopkeep and I just want to be able to sell my inventory after it arrives from Dorter Trade City N2. So please don't shoot me in my face.

Scum, and other 3p. You're just as likely as town to benefit from my wares so please, I implore you to also not shoot me in my face or gulagdarg stab me before dying yourself. I have reason to suspect there is at least one other shopkeep, maybe two.

Anyhow I imagine I'll get functional equipment to sell.

Explain the comment about "at least one other shopkeep, maybe two."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

But beat an obviously dead horse some more

I thought you might have had additional useful info on other third parties. This was pre-cult-reveal (I think?) so figured I'd ask.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah, I'm just tilted lite. Mostly at my own goofin and apathetic town. My apologies.

No worries friend! I got a little worked up myself yesterday. Speaking of which...

IS still alleges to have a gun. Care to shoot at one of the lynch candidates to help narrow down the discussion?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, thanks for the summary, both of you.

I actually really wouldn’t mind attempting to do this, as right now I’m caught in two active games at the same time and worst-case, if it kills me I can have some focus on the remaining one.

I’m also not going to be around for deadline this evening after the next 60 minutes or so.

If we have consensus on who I should attempt to shoot to narrow the field, I’m all ears.

(Plus, I’ve never had a dayvig before and even though it’s unreliable, I’d hate to die without having used it!)

Either AA, Merk, or me.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

You forgot this guy? Points to self

Or is it just guilty unconscious?

Toal dead doesn't help. AA dead is great we lynch merk. Merk dead is probably okay we lynch AA. Me dead with my flip means we probably lynch AA and that's good enough for me. Toal dead just doesn't solve today's problem.

After posting this though, shooting Toal of he flips scum then I look pretty bad so maybe I don't post this. Nahhhh.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I’m starting to swing to cub more after those posts

Why? Oh you want Toal dead. I mean sure, I think Toal looks scummier than merk but I was trying to get the gunshot to help solve our current dilemma.

I'll do this for now and if we get the votes then awesome, but willing to flip back to merk or AA.

##unvote
##vote Toalpaz

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CCKeane posted:

What if cub and merk are both jesters and CPig has played a merry prank on us?

What.

If.

I wouldn't have roleclaimed a Squire T2, that's for sure...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Because every posts seems to be calculated to prove you are town in bizarro world. It’s a weird way of putting it but it’s how I feel. Like the whole proving you are town by proving you were a squire or dramatically offering yourself as a shot target reads like you are only doing it to get yourself in the town category by doing things that could clear someone in a vacuum but not actually in context.

Interesting. That's a neat way of looking at it. Does it make more sense for me to do all those things if I'm scum or if I'm town? Probably scum, so I guess there's some merit to it.

I'd offer to cop someone of your choice, but that falls into "calculated town tryharding" and I'm also not convinced you're town.

Anywho, no one wants to hazard some info about the other T2 classes? Going to be a wild night I guess.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote
##vote AA

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I’m interested to hear from cubical

YPM is town.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

YPM specifically or “your target”

Dang I was hoping for a different response ah well

I targeted YPM. I got a result of town. Redirector flip makes things exciting.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Why’d you choose me?

You had been grilling folks pretty heavily but it didn't seem like you were actually pitching any particular case. Felt like trying to appear being active and engaged while not having to commit to anything.

Additionally, I figured that if I targeted someone like Toal who the group is on the fence about already, then any result I give would get second-guessed hard by most people.

##vote AA

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Why didn’t you case me yesterday?

There are 50 people in the game and I was busy disagreeing with AA, trying to convince IS to shoot, defending my Knight claim, reviewing merk and Toal, thinking through Keane and flerp and Asiina. Didn't get around to it?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Well that's interesting.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I don’t buy that. You weren’t under a lot of time pressure, you could have thrown a case my way.

Sure could've. Also could've thrown cases at KB, Dancer, Khedive, Kit, clord, and everyone else I'm forgetting. But those would've felt weaker than the existing candidates being discussed, including merk who felt pretty weak already.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

You only had IS and ASF if I’m remembering correctly as town reads when I asked you, and now you have half the town

I thought imgay was cool enough to give him a gun, but that's now a wacky situation. I gave a soft pass to dancer and Toalpaz originally but I guess I worded it so that I could weasel either way for both of them.

KB was strange, I was going off of someone's meta-post on KB playing "informative and a little hands-off" regardless of scum or town or something like that, and then that's how I saw him playing. Then someone else more recently had posted like "I have no idea on KB" or something. Given the apparent difficulty of making a a deduction read, I gave significant thought to copping him last night.

Regardless of all this, AA has claimed not town and has survived two days somehow while we've mislyched, which seems really bad for me and the rest of town.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm going to speak for Khedive and pitch Hal for Khedive's reasoning plus another vote against a townfolk.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Now the only question: is imgay’s tunnel in the face of a cop claim on me a bit or is he scum

So let's go through the 8ish possibilities assuming no one is a 3p. Separately, I'm assuming that gunshots are something like 1/3 kill/click/backfire (or 25/50/25).
1) Me, YPM, and imgay are all scum. This would be a bad play.
2) I'm town, YPM and imgay are both scum. Seems bad too.
3) Me and YPM are scum, imgay is town. The move makes sense if this is the belief. But, it's not true.
4) Me and imgay are scum, YPM is town. This one is interesting. If the shot goes through imgay can claim he didn't trust me and maybe gets away with it because I've got a lot of heat on me. If it backfires then that's bad though because I gave him the gun. Seems unlikely to be this scenario since both non-click options are pretty had.
5) Me and YPM are town, imgay is scum. If the kill goes through imgay might get away with it same as before. If it backfires then I look bad for giving scum a gun. This seems win/win for scum team, likely scenario.
6) Me and imgay are town, YPM is scum. This means that I would have had to me redirected and imgay doesn't trust me for some reason and imgay really doesn't trust YPM? Seems unlikely.
7) I'm scum but YPM and imgay are both town. Imgay doesn't trust me in this case. Not unlikely I guess.
8) We're all town. Imgay just really doesn't trust either of us? Possible.

So 2/5/7/8 are likely. In one of those four I'm scum
In one of those four YPM is scum. In two of those four imgay is scum. My money is on imgay being scum and I'm upset he didn't attempt to shoot me with my own gun.

Or there's a 3p somewhere. Or imgay just wants to spook.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

So let's go through the 8ish possibilities assuming no one is a 3p. Separately, I'm assuming that gunshots are something like 1/3 kill/click/backfire (or 25/50/25).
1) Me, YPM, and imgay are all scum. This would be a bad play.
2) I'm town, YPM and imgay are both scum. Seems bad too.
3) Me and YPM are scum, imgay is town. The move makes sense if this is the belief. But, it's not true.
4) Me and imgay are scum, YPM is town. This one is interesting. If the shot goes through imgay can claim he didn't trust me and maybe gets away with it because I've got a lot of heat on me. If it backfires then that's bad though because I gave him the gun. Seems unlikely to be this scenario since both non-click options are pretty had.
5) Me and YPM are town, imgay is scum. If the kill goes through imgay might get away with it same as before. If it backfires then I look bad for giving scum a gun. This seems win/win for scum team, likely scenario.
6) Me and imgay are town, YPM is scum. This means that I would have had to me redirected and imgay doesn't trust me for some reason and imgay really doesn't trust YPM? Seems unlikely.
7) I'm scum but YPM and imgay are both town. Imgay doesn't trust me in this case. Not unlikely I guess.
8) We're all town. Imgay just really doesn't trust either of us? Possible.

So 2/5/7/8 are likely. In one of those four I'm scum
In one of those four YPM is scum. In two of those four imgay is scum. My money is on imgay being scum and I'm upset he didn't attempt to shoot me with my own gun.

Or there's a 3p somewhere. Or imgay just wants to spook.

Nevermind I hosed up, 3/5/7/8, I'm scum in two.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

No. People haven’t claimed whether they used their powers or not.

Has anyone counted guns yet?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

Yeah. This is really weird. Can you please clarify, cube?

chaoslord posted:

You’re trying to apply too much logic to imgay’s posting

Probably. I mean, I thought about just saying "I'm town and YPM is town, so either imgay is a really distrustful town or imgay is scum/3p." But then I imagined a bunch of folks going "Well actually...if you and YPM are BOTH scum, then..." and making some crazy merk/gaspy leap that could derail us. Tried to preempt that by going through a bunch of other possibilities upfront. Then I didn't do it right and actually, if you think I'm lying, looks rather bad for me. So yeah, shouldn't have posted that one. My bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm going to toss in the towel to give town a chance to win.

I'm SK, you got me.

Giddy at the opportunity to try and take the glory that is a serial killer victory.

I tried a new approach to my play given that I just got busted by a random cop in scooby doo 2.

So gambit on a gambit. I should lurk more, but that's not even fun...

So I'm throwing in the towel because I'm getting mad that you all don't believe my lies and that's silly lol

"Why won't they believe me!?" *covered in blood*

I killed jeabus and I killed ASF.

I honestly probably could have done better if I just claimed survivor with a class but yeah. I live learn undergo metamorphosis and try again.

Moderators please let rng favor me SK and scum.

Anyhow this strategy was bunk.

Sorry for getting aggro!

##vote AA

Why didn't you kill me? I mean, I'm grateful and have enjoyed the banter and such, but I figured if you had the chance you'd definitely off me.

• Locked thread