Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
Always remember the Republican strongholds of Dutch West Michigan will report before the majority of the population of Michigan which resides in the very Democratic Detroit area.

Tonight was a good night if you took that early call Stabenow money after doubling up from early returns showing John James ever had a chance (HA HA) and played the swings in Arizona on the low end and then got scared and traded out after a few cents in Connecticut.

Seriously, can someone explain what the H happened in the CT Gov market tonight? Not complaining about my choices this evening but it seems like there was a lot to be had in that market I was oblivious to.

Also, weed is now legal in Michigan by a landslide, but the predictit knew that a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Wish there was a market on Justin Amash holding his seat in Congress. It would be a good way to turn free money into more free money.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Jun 29, 2019

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
As long as this thread isn't totally dead, NC-09 was giving away money tonight.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

abelwingnut posted:

it didn’t seem immediately obvious who would win, i thought. or was the market just wackily swinging?

Both. It was Ossoff 2.0. Bishop was trading in the 30's after the early vote dump depite all the analysis showing McReady had underperformed in that department.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vox Nihili posted:

Making money by flipping insane bargain bets up to crazy people is the best part of Predictit.

Mayor Pete.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

CassandraZara posted:

Is there a way to edit your dashboard? I much preferred having the markets on my watchlist on the left side of the screen over seeing how other people did.

Not that I am aware of.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Indeed. Loaded for bear going into Louisiana.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

CassandraZara posted:

I managed to max Bloomberg getting in at an average of 72c, it’s still available for 74c. He’s put in the time and money to qualify for the Alabama presidential primary, and if he spent $5000 doing that, he must file with the FEC within two weeks.

edit: third name down http://aldemocrats.org/blog/qualified_candidates_for_march_3_2020_primary

From the little digging I did before I cashed out (for a few bucks playing swings on No), the filing fee in Alabama is $2500. The petiton requirements are either 500 sigs statewide, or 50 sigs from each of the 7 congressional districts. Those are expensive signatures if he paid 2500 for them.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

CassandraZara posted:

A good question would be that if you think he somehow spent less than $5k there, does he intend to stop spending immediately? Is this some troll of the mainstream media and/or Joe Biden. I think the odds of that are less than the eighty cents price would suggest.

I'm not suggesting anything, and I mostly agree with you. I just don't believe the actions in Alabama pushed him beyond the terms of that particular market resolving YES. That market could very likely still resolve yes, I was just throwing out the info I found.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Shear Modulus posted:

to bloomberg 50 bucks a signature is like 0.01 cents per signature to you or me

I know it wouldn't be a problem for his pocketbook if he overpaid for services by 5000%, but he didn't get rich in the first place by behaving that way and it doesn't cost that much for paid petitioning, that's all I'm saying. If he is serious, the next filing deadline should be happening soon in some other state that I haven't bothered to look up the details for and this issue will be settled.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
This one's for Joey Knish:

I hadn't followed a debate in real time prior to the last one. It was wild. Unfortunately, I had my available money locked against Biden early so just had to ride it out. Sniped some Louisiana shares while the gamblers were liquidating to put more into the debate market.

"I play for money" - Joey Knish

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Jenny Agutter posted:

mayor Pete above warren rn, who are these people

Not sure, but I'm glad I got in against Warren when she was trading in the 50's, and as long as Pete continues riding this wave, I was going to buy (more) against him after Iowa.

More importantly, when the hell is the Louisiana Governor's MoV Market going to close? Tempted to buy more there at .97, actually. As long as it'll be cashed out before the Dec debate.

Still hanging on to some No shares I picked up after Bernie's heart attack in the "who will drop out next" market for some liquidity in case it doesn't.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Dec 3, 2019

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Louisiana MoV just cashed. Game on. Another big win for the Joey Knish school of "predicting".

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
What is everyone else doing with the sweet, sweet "Will Hillary run by 12/30" giveaway sweepstakes now that it cashed?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Predictit Thread: I've been owned big time.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

bawfuls posted:

a compounding factor is the Predictit market is based on delegates, not votes, and a tie goes to ratface because of alphabet

The predictit rules say It is based on state delegate equivalent count which goes down to the tenths or hundredths decimal. The market will not be determined by alphabetical order.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
:siren: Justin Amash Market :siren:

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
The Justin Amash market is just as sweet here on page 40 as it was on page 39.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

WampaLord posted:

are you going with Yes or No?

Holding some yes for the moment, but have been profiting off both ends of the swings.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Star spangled gamblers my rear end. You need to come here for the real tips.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

bollig posted:

also I have gone down the tweets rabbit hole

To quote the great philosopher Major Vic "Deak" Deakins: "Not. A good. Idea."

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Just bought a shitload of NO at .52 for Democratic National Convention will be held at FileServ Forum

Did you read the fine print in the rules?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Yea. Like they're going to rent out that entire arena just for him to accept the nomination with a shitload of empty seats behind him?

A lot can happen in 3 months. Im hanging on to the shares of "no brokered convention" I picked up a while ago at 60 which i feel more confident about than what they decide to do with the venue. Good luck though, Im staying out of that one for now.

Amash is back down to 90 if you want to top off again before it cashes.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

The Joe Man posted:

is "populism updates" a real twitter and not you in a wig or did i just lose $300 on a fake jesse announcement

Opinions about the likelihood of a forthcoming announcement aside, did you just dive into that market because Twitter user "Populism Updates" tweeted this?

"Former Minnesota governor and WWE Hall of Famer Jesse Ventura is about to officially announce a Green Party run for president, per DMs"

I don't see many other tweets from Populism Updates indicating they are a Green Party operative, but I do see a few discussing Predictit strategy. What could possibly go wrong?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Do I need to remind this page about the Amash Market since everyone is talking about keeping 90 locked up for months on Michelle?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Just want to point out the Amash market was the gift that kept on giving, and was actually trading at 80 again until 20 mins ago when the FEC officially posted his paperwork.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

i say swears online posted:

Entering month three of zero good decisions on this site. I feel like a pitcher whose mind broke

You didn't stick to the Steyer strategy past the point this thread clearly told us to abandon it, did you? That'd be your own fault, friend.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

WampaLord posted:

Tell us the good markets/bets, then.

Cause right now tweet markets are working p good for me.

If the initial announcement prices passed you by, The Amash market got pumped back down to 80 cents just 2 days ago before it cashed out.

Just to be clear, the rules required the FEC to post the paperwork filing for his exploratory committee by June 1 in order to resolve yes.

He announced his candidacy, launched his website, was actively campaigning and accepting donations for his new exploratory committee "Amash for America" on April 28. The FEC requires a filing within 15 days from the point of engagement in campaign activities like that.

They were giving away dollars for 80 cents while waiting a few for the paperwork to clear.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
What does twitter user PopulismUpdates have to say about all this?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Now that we can move on from the VP stuff, my gut reaction tells me Minnesota is the safest bet of any of the states currently trading 70-90.

How often do unpopular incumbent presidents flip states to their party? How often does that happen in states that have voted for the other side for the past 40-something years?

E: I see MN creeping back toward 80 now, but it was trading down near 70 for a time

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

I'd be happy to make a side wager at 100:1 with you

I will take this action.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

The "Brokered Convention" market was in the same boat for a while the past few days as well. Got a few bucks into NO on that market during Berniemania that I plan on rolling into the general.

I'm Still liking the risk/reward of the "Rep-No" pricing in Minnesota at the moment as far as the general election goes but seeking any hot tips.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

comedyblissoption posted:

should be degen betting markets for if mitt romney speaks at the dnc

Debate Market - 'How many times does Biden say "Malarkey"?'

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
I sent a suggestion to predictit for an MI-03 market. Justin Amash's current seat - not seeking re-election. The NYT says the district has been "trending blue" in recent years.

The GOP tried to primary Amash in 2014 and his refusal to toe the party line is the only reason anyone would think it isn't a safe Republican seat. They have an establishment lapdog on the ballot now, so it will be smooth sailing. Potential money-maker if they add the market. If anyone feels similarly and doesn't mind also expressing an interest in this market to predictit, I think it could be profitable.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

^^ yeah i realized i don't want to hold onto my "michelle 2020" max and i'm trying to exit at .97

we'll most likely see an explosion of congressional markets after the gop convention, but anything more creative i have my doubts

I was just looking for a MI-03 congressional market, nothing fancy

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

i moved it into red georgia and i still feel like it's one of the best bets since i have tremendous faith the gop in this state will rig the vote hard

georgia was a "toss-up" based on polling in 2016 too

I did get some shares in on Republican Texas last week when it was trading at .63. I'm willing to be convinced that GA is a safer GOP buy than TX, though.

Did this yankee miss "Blue Texas" jumping out of the pages of Astounding Science Fiction and into reality this election cycle?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

ShadowHawk posted:

Right now, for the price of $850, a single individual could drive the "market probability" of the Democrats winning Oklahoma from 5% (already too high) to over 15% by buying up the entire order book.

Is that a challenge?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Anyone else get in on the N. Korea market?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

like, the economy is far worse than in october 2008 and yet the polls keep narrowing in a similar manner as 2016, the entire media apparatus seems to have engaged the anti-mattering fields in gaslighting people into thinking a recovery is just around the corner, biden isnt offering even lip service, and the scapegoating by trump seems to be working at maintaining electoral viability with sky high enthusiasm

So what you're saying is, my shares against Trump in MN should still be good. Whew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

ugh i missed the news by an hour but i'd absolutely have gone in on YES when it got down into the 50s

Getting in mid .60s would have still been profitable. It's already pushing back to 90 again. Not a bad turnaround at all for a couple days.