Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm happy this game sounds fun but disappointed we got foxes instead of rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
As someone who has no idea how to build a pathfinder character, whats a good option for a kitsune? A caster looking at the stats and bennies?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I was originally thinking Nine tailed Heir Kitsune but this seems to be overwhelmingly tied into feat knowledge, Think I'll try Slayer for something simpler.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I got by that fight with a enlarged Lann and his +2 composite bow I found in a basement, that giant lizardy sonnuvabitch was just mulching fools all over from the center of the battlefield.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Dumb question, but how do you find how big your arcane pool or how many key points you have? Are these per fight or per rest resources?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How do you get into the Tower of Estrod? theres just three ghosts out here, some paintings and a door that won't open.

Edit: Nevermind there was a dumb slope of rubble you could walk up despite not really looking like it

Caidin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 3, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Where the hell is the Storyteller in the crusade camp? I've elf notes and enough magic essence to buff out the scratchs on a belt buckle and I just can't find this guy

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

sebmojo posted:

sitting in the corner of the pub?

Thats in Act 1, I've hit the road now and thought he was supposed to be in here somewhere. Reddit suggests he's supposed to just toddle off and show up further down the way I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I got a wizard lady who has flame bolt and cure wounds and she kinda makes the army not die and punches through DR pretty good. I think your not expected to hassle the level 7 armies laying around? At least not before you take Drezen or something. Crusade mode is really odd in that right off I got 3 different units I couldn't get anymore of so they were immediately useless, so I think your just supposed to shove footmen, archers, clerics and Hell knights if you hook up with them down their throats until the little critical path armies choke on it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

is the severed head in my inventory part of Camillia's obviously untrustworthy serial killer bullshit?

I'm only a little ahead on this but the severed heads I'm pretty sure are part of Daeran's untrustworthy serial killer bullshit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh so that's why I haven't been able to recruit more troops, there's an entire little city building thing to do the game really should have held your hand through!

Ugh, at least I'm only a week behind on it...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Should a Haramaki be turning off Canny Defense for a sword saint? It's light armor right?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I'm in the cool kids club of having my siege banner turn red for no apparent drat reason.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, I'm over at Blackwater, weird place and I'm having trouble with an enemy type. Augmented Salamanders. They aren't loving dying. Or at least they stopped? I killed two or 3 somehow but the regeneration on the others will not loving pop off despite hitting them with almost every damage type, including electricity like the inspect card says should work. Beating these cyborg mother fuckers into the ground here to no avail.

Edit: Okay got it done. Despite using shocking grasp and both my PC and Seelah using class abilities to put electric damage on their weapons, going back to grab a 1+ shocking longsord actually dropped these nerds.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 6, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I really do love that Regill would literally rather die then be quirky, all the companions are pretty great, though I'm still waiting on Cammy to just get to her loving deal already.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
As a kitsune front liner with a little dragon buddy, I sure am learning which gross rear end monsters are in fact too gross to bite. Looking at you, blighted treants!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hit the end of act 3. All my free crusaders were like we got to dog pile these demons now now now, so I jumped down the hole and all without waiting for more goobers. I was expecting to like, pile on toward Iz or something and keep building up the crusade after this but it looks like act 3 ends with you going to the abyss, and I don't want to have to redo that dungeon. Still plenty of quests not expired from the campaign map so maybe later? Also kinda gently caress the queen, honestly.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mercrom posted:

I wish D&D alignments told me anything at all. Are there punk rock Azata or are they all hippies.

Azata is pretty hippie, I think? You get support from weird artsy types, nature spirits and your most pronounced feature is a dragon buddy who is in fact 5 years old.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vargs posted:

These crusade mode battles are kind of incomprehensible to me. My 4 strength army of 2 footmen, 2 archers, and a cleric, all at nearly full hp, go up against a 1 strength army of 2 zombies. I get absolutely annihilated. My attacks do basically nothing, scorching ray from my hero does basically nothing, and they whittle me down over dozens of turns. An absolute stomp in their favor. I reload and turn on autoresolve, which completed the battle with no losses at all. Ok I guess.

Then I hit up a 3 strength army of demons and cultists. Autoresolve says I get wiped out here completely, so I fight it manually. It's completely trivial and they barely do anything. No losses. Absolute stomp in my favor. So what the gently caress was up with those zombies?

I don't really even know how to get a sense of how powerful units are in this mode. No clue if a footman is a better frontliner than a cleric. And what do I do when my units start getting hosed up? Is there no way to merge or replenish anything that's taken losses? Seems real dumb to waste 2 army slots with 2 60-man units of footmen when I would rather just combine them into a 100-man and a 20-man that I could get rid of. Do I really just have to separate these otherwise okay-ish footmen from the army, waste a ton of resources replacing them with fresh recruits, and send the old ones on a suicide mission to get rid of them since there also seems to be no way to disband?

Were they just zombies or did they have wights along for the ride? Wights have this innate strength debuff on attack thing they spread around that can rapidly dumpster your melee.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Crusade mode felt cool at first but the way your almost certainly going to be using a main stack of cleric, hellknights, and whatever your main Infantry and archers turned into kinda sucks a lot of flavor out of things. Like these halfling fighters are great damage and can take a punch way better then sharpshooters but their never up for hire and so the basic 50 they first gave me never got built up into the sort of numbers that would matter for the 7 strength and up armies even by the time I had Maneuvers ll and lll on a general and could fit someone besides the eventually cav into the big stack.

I could summon Azata angels or whatever, but it was strictly 3 per week and and took a decree slot which was already way too tied up. And to make it worse they were kind of inferior to a hell knight in application. About the same defenses but slower and not as punchy in exchange for like, lay hands on others and a dispel that never mattered.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Does a sword saint magus ever really have a reason to dip out or is it monoclass the whole way for best results?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zore posted:

Its an optional 'super boss'. There's 1 per chapter and they're really just there for bragging rights/achievements

It gave me the same "Hard Optional Fight" tutorial for like, two monitor lizards in there too. Usually they get better about giving you actual loot for it later at least.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I kinda restarted as the same class race combo because I dunno these style of games break my brain and I knew the second half of the game was liable to bugger then an ant farm so stalling for time.

Why is Lann so weirdly not out of his depth? Like he's spent almost his entire life in a series of tunnels as a sub sewer mutant, but he acclimates to the surface and being essentially a crusade officer kinda too easily. Like during one of the logistics meetings he says he can teach your troops to live off the land and be ruggedly self sufficient and like guy you haven't even been up here for two months!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The weirdest thing about Blackwater is those 3 copies of the same ring you can find just scattered around.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So the primary magus touch spell is probably like different levels of shocking grasp or vampire touch, right?

Kinetic fist or whatever it was sounds kinda cool.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think the actual problem with Nenio, and kitsune in general, is that the portraits write checks for big floofy tails the engine can't cash.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Whoever made the Playful Darkness encounter was really patting themselves on the back after getting that horseshit in there.

Playful Darkness is a dick move because it's a fight on par with getting into it with Gnarlmaw but it's just a goober shadow demon looking guy hanging out innocuously in a dungeon cubbyhole.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Nenio asks the questions we're all thinking.

And then several thousand we weren't.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So kitsune have a feat called Vulpine Pounce that lets them... pounce. What does that mean exactly and how do I do it?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

frajaq posted:

The whole GD Mythic path is bugged as hell from the stories I see, Stat Bonuses disappearing forever, buggy dialogue and broken choices, just a mess

As someone who hit chapter 5 last night and pressed the shiny lizard button, this displeases me.

Looking back at the thread, it sounds like half the paths are busted anyway so no surprise I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I know people have been advising me to use metamagic with my magus to buff up my stock and casts of shocking grasp, but the only one I seem to be able to use it with is quicken, which isn't bad or anything but that pushes it all the way to 5 level.

Like it will not accept empower or maximize, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vargs posted:

Genuinely do not understand this Blackwater place. So these mobs have regeneration and will get back up unless you finish them off with electricity, like you need to do to trolls with fire/acid. Okay, sure. But most of them are demons so they're immune to electricity and it does nothing. Absolutely do not die or take damage from Aru's shock bow or Seelah's shock shortsword. So all you can do is coup de grace them when they go down, but the big dudes have crazy high fort saves so you can only kill them on a 20? What?

Blackwater is a very annoying dungeon with some decent loot that's almost worth the bother and what feels like a weirdly low amount of XP for how how much trouble putting some of those mobs down can be. Like I think the total amount from the fights to quest completion add up to less then killing that skinned giant optional boss.

Goofballs posted:

Found another one of their optional bosses An AC 55 fursona with wings called 'playful darkness'. They need to find a way to to tell these high money donors your imagined self insert is cringe and obnoxious and we're not doing that, come up with something less annoying because you're not getting your money back

?

Wasn't that just a shadow demon or something with inflated stats?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kobal2 posted:

You wouldn't be an Eldritch Scion, by any chance ? Spontaneous casters need the whole round to do metamagic (except for Quicken, for obvious reasons), so you can't spell combat while doing that.

Sword Saint. And I mean like the prepare it in the spell book stage, like I have a bunch of quicker grasps, but won't accept most others. Empower only wants to work with like fireball and junk.

Although since spell combat wouldn't work if it isn't quickened I guess it doesn't quite matter huh...

Caidin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 13, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't really understand why every demon needs to be immune to lightning and have just enough DR in a few other elements to simply ignore stuff like the frost aura on this white dragon breast plate I found or the D6 worth of fire damage or something the hybrid classes can stick on their weapon.

poo poo, I'm not sure I've even seen demons use electric spells or abilities that I can think of.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah I get that it's an anthro animal, it's just no one's fursona from the kickstarter. It's a paizo made pathfinder monster with some class levels. Here it is in official illustration.

I would gently caress that bird bug dog man.

Edit: I also like the little rapier that was plainly lifted from somewhere else and just sort of layered behind his none grasping hand.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 14, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Doing act 5 as Azata and I just had a bafflingly easy maybe path specific boss encounter at the court. Mother trucking Mephistopheles rocks up looking to enslave me, I didn't bring any companions so it's just me as Aivu since I wasn't expecting this poo poo and then I just sorta spanked him in 3 or 4 rounds? I don't think his AC was even out of the 20's! I got a myhtic level and million XP for barely anything! Like I think my Magus is pretty good and all but sheez.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this is path specific yeah (and I regret looking at that spolier lol)

did you try to Midnight Bolt him?

No, I'm a sword saint magus so I just did like, A quickened cone of cold into a shocking grasp and full attack string for a little elemental barrage proc on the side. And then I realized he was taking it all right in the beef while only hitting me with hellfire rays that Aivu could heal me through so....

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My main problem with Azata in the late game is now I have these big rear end fairy wings on my fox I can't turn off and I'm already fighting an uphill battle to not look like the tackiest motherfucker.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

I really want one of these games for once to break weapons into just a few large categories. Let me take Weapon Focus - Bladed or Weapon Focus - Finesse or Weapon Focus - Reach or whatever so all this loot doesn't go to waste :(

e: Oh that is exactly how Pillars does it which you mentioned :doh:

I was looking at the other mods while I was updating toybox and theres one I saw that does basically that but it also hasn't been updated since March so gently caress knows it's functional now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So like, are the majority of Glabrezu, the big guys with crab claws, you fight supposed to drop a scroll of Firestorm and a scroll of Tsunami each? Giving Nenio the occasional Kamehameha to launch is fun but weird.